Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
In threads with long posts, even without images, just walls of text, sometimes links, spoilers, and the little three dots won't work. Nothing happens when I tap them. I have tried clearing my cache.
I am on a Motorola Xoom tablet running stock Android 4.1.2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Khisanth Magus posted:

My galaxy nexus has horrible problems with loading images. Sometimes they will load, more often not. Sometimes if I refresh a page they will load, but not always. I don't have any problems with the app on me nook.

Clearing the app data helps for a short time but eventually it breaks again.

All images or just attachments? Regular images load fine on my Galaxy Nexus but attachments and emoticons are hit or miss.
And clearing data only temporarily fixes it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

spanky the dolphin posted:

For those wanting a dark theme, I've been working on this one.

I've adjusted the edge padding a wee bit in here too and fixed the spoiler display from my last one.

How do I get this to work on my phone? What I mean is: every time I click the link and try to view it in a browser or even in the Google Drive app, it just displays the text of the .css file. It does not give me any options to download the file to save it.

Edit: downloaded it on my laptop, saved it as an attachment to an email in drafts, opened email on phone, saved file to /sdcard/awful
success
thanks

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 29, 2013

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3525590&pagenumber=550&perpage=40

I was not able to reveal any of the spoilers on this page with my tablet.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3520914&pagenumber=577&perpage=40

I was unable to click any links on that page or the the dots.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I changed my settings to be 20 posts per page instead of 40, and that seems to have helped my unresponsive spoilers and links issues.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Running 3.0.3 on my Xoom, no GIFs animate whether avatars, emotes, or external images.
I have verified that disable gif animations is not checked.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I am a girl and yes that was the Awful version. As for the Xoom being Google's flagship, that's why I got one. I thought it would get all the updates.
I was wrong. We are at an 4.1.2 and never officially go any higher.
Also, it is only avatars and emotes not animating now after turning stuff off an on.
I will clear my cache to see if that fixes the remaining bit.

Edit: cache cleared, emotes and avatars still don't animate

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 13, 2013

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

oldskool posted:

Does anybody else's app auto-close when they set a post to Last Read?

Yes, sometimes, on my Motorola Xoom. Running Awful 3.0.6 and Android 4.1.2.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
On my Motorola Xoom with Android 4.1.2 when I click YouTube links they will often to replay the last video I watched or only partially load the elements of the new page.
It cold be a problem with the YouTube app, but I wanted to see if anyone else has this problem.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sereri posted:

Guess I should've tested that one fix on a tablet too. Uploaded the fix to Play, quick fix here

I just went out and downloaded the this update (the previous one that I got this morning just crashed) and I get what the other person gets. Just that fancy screen but I can't get to anything else. Well, I can get to settings and to PMs, but not bookmarks or the forums.

Motorola Xoom stock Android 4.1.2.

Edit: another update to Awful and now it's back to normal. Thanks!

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 25, 2014

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Sometimes Awful shows the page count as something like 258/1 (instead of 258/259 or whatever) and nothing updates. I can't view any pages or refresh anything. I have to exit it and relaunch it from the shortcut.

It's happened about once a day for the past three days.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Crashing on my stock Motorola Xoom tablet (4.1.2) whenever I click on a thread to read. I have cleared the cache.

You should have three or four crash reports.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
The update fixed my crashes! Thanks for the superfast turnaround.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Is swipe up from bottom of page for next page / refresh no longer a feature? It quit working around the same time as the Material update.

Edit: stock Android 4.1.2 and Awful 3.1.3b

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 29, 2014

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sereri posted:

This is gone from the app for now because I'm giving up on implementing pulling-up-to-refresh for various libraries because they don't deem it a use-case. Tapping works basically just as well, in some cases better. I'm just worried about the storm of "How dare you take this essential part of Awful away from me" posts that will follow the release of the beta to "production".

That's fine. I had gotten used to it but it clearly isn't a deal breaker.
I have bad habit of tapping too low and getting the notification pop-up on my tablet.
Pulling up was easier to not screw up.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sereri posted:

Thank you for your opinion. I will take it into consideration.

Just implement it in way that allows new posts to be created only in GBS.

Problem solved!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
The app ctd's often when I launch it from the recent app pop up. I can't remember the official name of the app picker thing.
Anyway, it crashes with no error and launches fine on next try.
This seems to have started with the last update or the one before.
This is on my stock Motorola Xoom running the beta version.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Neither Awful nor Something are connecting to the forums for me on my tablet or my phone.

But obviously it is working fine through a browser.

Is anyone else having issues?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sereri posted:

The design guidelines actually say nothing of the sort besides "don't block the last line of content with your button". The g+ app is a special case where the button is part of the actionbar which hides when moving. Compare this with Gmail, Keep or Drive where the button does nothing of the sort.
I will add an option to disable the button next week, just didn't get around to it yet.

I don't like the button in Gmail either. The first time it popped up, I immediately looked for a way to turn it off.
I just ignore it. I have never actually used it.

I use Awful on my tablet, so it is super-easy to ignore.

I know it is part off the official design specs, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I just pulled the Beta update from the Play store.

I have an issue.

When I view a thread and then swipe back left to get to the thread list, the thread I was just in shows the same number of undread posts. If I click on it again, it will take me to the same page I was just on and dump me at the top of the page.
I have to manually refresh the thread view (whether Bookmarks or Forums) to get the unread number to change.

I tried clearing cache and clearing data. The issue remains.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
This also happens occasionally when I swipe right from reading a thread.

I'm on a Motorola Xoom WiFi only running stock 4.1.2.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

hooah posted:

For what it's worth, I don't have that problem with the current beta build.

It also works fine on my Moto X 2nd gen phone running Android 5.0. But it behaves strangely on my Xoom tablet running 4.1.2.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I've already tried rebooting my tablet and uninstalling Awful, then installing it again and I still have both problems.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sereri posted:

I found the bug that turned on page transformation on tablets. If you change something in the settings it will ignore whether or not the device is a tablet which leads to this.

It will be fixed in the final build, until then go to settings -> Device and navigation and set 'page transformation' to disabled.

As for the other, I cannot replicate it.

Is there anything I can pull off of my tablet that might help you figure out why the read-post count doesn't advance?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sereri posted:

You could physically send it to me, other than that there's not much you can do. FWIW, the Xoom emulator equivalent I created has no problems with it. Did you mess in any way with the tablet? Root and whatever someone does with that?
You're gonna love friday.

I think I rooted it once when I first got it, but I unrooted it and it has had two factory provided Android OS updates since then.

Other than that, I haven't done anything interesting with it.

The new version that just came out earlier today still has the same bug where it doesn't change the unread page view unless I manually refresh. I will just live with it. It's still the app I use more than any other on my tablet and I greatly appreciate all the work you've put into making it as awesome as it is.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Small thing: when in landscape mode, I can't pull down far enough for the refresh to kick in. The little circle appears, but by the time my thumb is at the bottom of my screen, it's not enough. Portrait mode (and just hitting the refresh button) works fine, though.

Lollipop 5.1 running on a Nexus 4.

You can adjust the pull to refresh distance (percent of screen) in the settings. I had to do the same thing for my tablet. 25% works pretty well.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Unclean009 posted:

I like the reply icon. :shrug:

I have it visible on tablet and hidden on my phone.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
3.2.0.7 is ctod'ing on me every few minutes. When I hit the bottom of a page or swipe to return to the thread list mostly.
Stock WiFi only Xoom running Android 4.1.2.
Also the unread post count still doesn't update unless I manually refresh.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
The crashing at the bottom of pages and when swiping back to the index bug is annoying.
Is it just me?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I have the stock Xoom running 4.1.2 on which Awful crashes when I get to the bottom of pages and when I try to swipe back to the thread list. It isn't always, but I can reliably reproduce it by not quite swiping all the way. What I mean is, if I get to the bottom but don't go all the way down, it crashes. If I swipe back to the threat list and don't take my finger all the way to the edge, it crashes.
I am actually sending this from Something instead of Awful because it is so easy to crash it at the bottom of a page.

My tablet isn't rooted and I have no experience using the debugging tools. When it crashes, it does not produce a crash dialogue; it just drops me on the desktop.

I want to help troubleshoot this because I am not buying another tablet any time soon and I don't feel comfortable rooting it or putting Cyanagenmod or something else on it. There is zero chance that any more official OS updates will be released for it.

Edit: I also have a Moto X 2nd gen phone running Android 5.0. The only issue I have on that is "Failed to load" when bring the app up.

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 23, 2015

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I will have the app crash if I scroll too hard to the bottom of a page.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sereri posted:

Well we still don't have a crash report with your name on it, so there's not much I can do. Make sure the option to transmit the username is enabled or to write your name in big letters if the crash prompts you to write something (does it do that?) .

If the cert thing lasts until friday I might cave and put in an emergency http-login option

It just closes without doing a proper crash dialogue, unfortunately.

I've had other weird bugs before that popped up and then went away after a new Awful version even though my issues weren't officially fixed.. I guess the stock Xoom is just an odd bird.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

On this version, viewing a thread crashes the app about 90% of the time. No error displayed, just crashes.
Motorola Xoom running Android 4.1.2.

It works fine on my phone. Motorola X 2nd gen running Android 5.0.1.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
3.2.0.14c fixed the click-to-crash problem on my Xoom!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Golem II posted:

The app constantly crashes for me when viewing image heavy thread. I also have no forum icons.

Try reducing the number of posts per page in settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

-Anders posted:

App is now crashing after updating it.

I tried removing all data, and reinstalling.
It happens as soon as it's done downloading forums data it seems.
I sent in those crash reports. :v:

Same. Tablet is running 4.1.2 because it is old.

I look forward to the update.