Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I bet Bay was making "Pew pew!" noises as he shot the scene and things exploded. That's an interesting viewpoint, the camera is his gun and thus whatever he shoots, it explodes. Movie making philosophy/design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
All this talk of Bay and Sex...when is he going to make an Eyes Wide Shut type movie. Someone should tell him the world wants to see him explore it as subject matter with focus for a whole film. The way he'd film such a thing...

"Michael Bay's Nature of Love and Sex: A Human's Story" It'd be one long action-like sequence through a club setting probably.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 14, 2013

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God drat, that trailer owned. The Dinobots looked huge and there's literally a face turning into a gun and shooting back at Optimus. It's like they read this thread while filming.

Seriously, its like Bay remembered Prime saying "Give me your face." and now has a Decepticon go "Come and take it." *BOOM! CHBOOOM!* and Prime gets shot.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I didn't know Swoop would have two heads. It seems like they're kind of mashing up dinosaurs with some element of fantasy thrown in. Like, I've thought as a kid "What if Grimlock was Godzilla?" and it feels like Swoop is some kind of King Ghidorah.

There were Decepticons like that, I think the Terrorcons who were a gestalt like Devestator but fantasy monsters.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

PriorMarcus posted:

They didn't choose the forms to blend in with Dinosaurs but rather to appear as God monsters to ancient man; Chinese dragon, Quezacotl, etc.

This ties into the subtext that modern transformers have taken the forms of what we worship - military might and consumer goods.

That is an awesome take. Cool.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I will say this: If Grimlock does not refer to himself in the third person, I am coming for you Michael Bay. :argh:

The Dinobots are going to be as intelligent as Gods. It's gonna be total Architect from Matrix speak, man! gently caress yo Transfomers, kiddies!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

muscles like this? posted:

She also almost is a love interest for Stanley Tucci until deciding nope, need that sweet Chinese money and instead its Bingbing Li.

You say this like it is a bad thing. I liked Bingbing Li.

EDIT: The next one has to be Unicron. And it has to be done by Bay. Dinobots gotta take center stage. Prime's in space and his "I'm coming for you!" is scary as gently caress.

Hell I thought there were elements of Unicron in this one. M

Gatts fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 29, 2014

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Michael Bay is a treasure and should be knighted.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think while Prime had tendencies, it isn't until he dies and is resurrected by Sam that he becomes a murderous killing machine with a child's concept of justice.

In the first he seemed somewhat ok. In the second after merging with matrix Sam, who also died and came back, does it go hard core childish and villainous. Basically Sam made Optimus that way just as Sam turned Megaton feminine by using the the cube on him and making him incompetant or maybe impotent. Prime became a child's version of a car to on hero all masculine and hard and right and wrong and the villain all feminine. In the first Prime was more normal and Megaton was hard core asskicker.

With any luck the creators can flip the evil switch to good on Prime.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I would like a pop Barbie team up with the Transformers. Maybe the Tour Bus can be the new hero.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

CJSwiss posted:

Finally Bendy Bus Prime will have his time in the spotlight!

edit: His sidekick can be Signal Lancer.

Hahaha. I hope his special attack is moving around like a slinky. And he can double as an acordian.

There are a lot of tactical rolls the TF s do. It is comical. Like making fun of or viewing action from a child's pov.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Wasn't there a shot in the trailer where there were a bunch of alien spacecraft heading for earth? Was it just me or did I miss something somewhere or miss remembering? Like was that one of the prehistoric times shots?

I wonder if Unicron is like a gestalt of all them life giving/taking ships spraying his seed everywhere on planets. Or if its an element of Primus or Vector Sigma or some crap they wanna pull if they want.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I find it amusing that in the first it was more seemingly traditional with the Auto bots on the run as heroes but in the second as SMG pointed out Prime becomes a murder machine and is called tyrant. I was really hoping we found out Sam corrupted him but after an awesome ride thanks to SMG and Terry's analysis I'm hoping the last one is actually a majority philosophical character study of Prime amongst his creators ending in faces ripped off.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Transformer "God" is going to be a female and gives birth to Transformers like something out of the Queen in Alien Resurrection and Optimus Prime is going to rip her face off.

Something about immature kids and boys and ew girl cooties or something.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Is Michael Bay carrying the spirit of Verhoven? Is Transformers akin to Robot op or Starship Troopers as misunderstood initially at large only to be appreciated later?

He needs to direct Arnold. I can't imagine the carnage and themes explored.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Bloodnose posted:

The movies are definitely having an impact on the new market

Qingdao hoarder spends [$32,000] on Transformers collection

His girlfriend is quietly having the spirit sucked out of her body as she contemplates the future. Maybe they're married. It is too late. Doomed.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Lockdown is basically the police officer keeping law and order and a mature society. Prime is the badass teenager loving poo poo up and going on shooting sprees.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

JediTalentAgent posted:

Crosshairs is dressed like a neon member of the Trenchcoat Mafia. Makes sense.

You also have the fat guy who thinks he is a badass and the Anime Japanophile. Wahlberg is the Jock.

Bee? I dunmo. He seems like he could turnout ok. But for some reason I think of him being Dickeye.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It's gonna end with Unicron and the next one will have Primus. Two planet sized Tranformer Gods fighting it out.

I'd have loved to see a well done Fortress Maximus and Autobot City hold off a world invasion.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Oh poo poo. Megatron is going to ascend and reclaim his angelic nature. He will be redeemed and maybe even the hero. Prime the villain he always was deep down. I would love it if Mark Whalberg asks the Quintessons (they have to be in the movie, have to) why and how they turned him only for them to say "Uhh we didn't do anything. He is how he is. A dick."

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Am I the only one hoping there's a "You got the Touch!" sequence in this or am I supposed to wait for the next one featuring Unicron and Hot Rod taking over for a killed Prime?

Also I bet Spielberg helped with the story as far as the kids and family sort of stuff

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Only if Mark sings it again.

How awesome would it be to have Mark wail it on a dragon Transformer rigged out like in Mad Max Fury Road as he follows Prime who is tearing spines and faces off Decepticons

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Primus would have been cool

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm thinking Megatron kills Prime and Hot Rod takes over

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I want to know what the next one is gonna be already. This is going to end in a 6th. WTF is Marky Mark and Prime gonna do

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Michael Bay like Tom Brady is the GOAT thanks to the Transformers franchise

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Sjs00 posted:

how do you gently caress up giant robots punching each other jfc

Bay can't win. Bay goes all out balls to wall awesome and he's derided. Bay tones it down for people for mass consumption and he's told he hosed up.

Nerds don't like great physically handsome winning directors who put art to film I guess.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I liked it. Not the best and I hope there's an expanded edition cause it's true it really felt stripped down but I'm gonna guess a full on Unicron vs Primus planet vs planet battle for a 6th is too much for Bay to pass up.

Also everyone are immature kids except the military. Besides being always presented well due to Bay's relationship with them, those guys are the ones in these movies as normal adult dudes who can tackle real world issues. Closest we got to that is John Malkovich's character who sees through to Bumblebee being a toy he can play with. Same with Lockdown and Kelsey Grammer's character. Based on Terry's reading.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

ungulateman posted:

it's pretty great watching people in lindsay ellis' twitter feed break down in utter confusion after finding out that megan fox's character is called mikaela banes

just a giant ball of inane conspiracies surrounding michael bay's deep inner feelings and how he wants to gently caress america/shia lebouf/it's his 'girlsona'

Michael Bay is a wonderful treasure and human being and the world is brighter with him in it

The best in his filmography may be The Rock and Pain and Gain but the Transformer series is a great thing to have.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 23, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That whole Megatron assembling his troops like it's a heist movie/Oceans 11 owned. As much as I want to see Bay have two planet sized Transformers go at it for 6, I'd rather have a Guy Ritchie TF heist/gangster movie set in Europe.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

RedSpider posted:

So Marky Mark is gonna bone Quintessa's human form in the next one, correct?

This would own. Especially if they settle down and it leads to a baby/human TF hybrid. Then he can be Prime and the rest of TF's Step Daddy.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hot Rod is a French accented race car TF who has the power and touch to stop time into slow motion while hitting on pretty human ladies and leaping about kicking rear end. The whole series is a silly 300 million dollar cartoon with depth of subversion of American ideals and film making that is expressed in cynical underlying menace and hate yet is glorious to behold.

And Bumblebee was in WWII and Hopkins remembers him from when he was a kid.

I'm pretty sure Michael Bay is a top 5 director on earth today. He gets so much so right and while the first Transformers was a straightforward conventional film I am happier it went to the directions it did.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Just like the cartoons it doesn't matter they can show up any time and continuity is malleable.

Seriously. Bay made a perfect 80s cartoon down to the errors. Only out 30 to 40 year old nostalgic brains are expecting something on an adult level failing to recall original quality show as a kid

Bay is genius.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
You mean Galvatron?

I think we can infer that Galvatron found his way to Quintessa who remade him and thus regained his Angelic male essence with a giant phallic gently caress off sword and arm cannon.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I am bitterly disappointed by this, A submarine transformer would have entirely been my jam.

How a bout a battleship transformer? That can also be a jam.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Remember when Michael Bay lied on the internet about a transformer that was an aircraft carrier, named 'Tidal Wave'.

Why hurt me like this. I mean, really.

Yeah my bad, I meant aircraft carrier, Tidal Wave.

He also said there'd be a Headmaster in this one, Cogman would tear off a TF's head and replace him. But we didn't see it. With any luck this means there's an expanded edition blu ray coming out some time soon.

Tidal Wave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k52JxSxE4Ug

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

RedSpider posted:

In AoE, Optimus had an exposition scene where he explained that Megatron uploaded his mind (from his severed head) into the Galvatron body that KSI built.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Megatron wasn't being mind-controlled by Quintessa? I have no idea where this claim came from. I thought he simply allied with Quintessa because she wanted to rebuild Cybertron; something that Megatron has been trying to do for five films now?

Quintessa doesn't exactly mind control I think but manipulate. But the red mark on the face is a clear indication of her influence. Megatron and Prime both bear it and I think Megatron makes a comment about Prime's failure before he flies off with the stick.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Tenzarin posted:

I think you need to find a better McDonald's.

Having been to McDonalds around the world in the 80s, 90s and 2000s, I can say that America has the most subpar ones. Canada's was awesome and Hong Kong's had the best fish filet. Other countries also have better localized things.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

ruddiger posted:

The McDonalds on the Mexican side of the us/Mexico border has an amazing salsa/dipping sauce bar.

The one in London has a chicken tikka sandwich. The one in Pakistan has a chicken big mac with two crispy chicken patties. The one in Dubai had a sort of gyro/lamb thing. The one in Canada had all you can eat pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Snowman_McK posted:

The supermarket near my house has actual food in it, so I go there.

Fantastic!! I do that as well but I can also afford to enjoy myself a bit at times and also find it's just as cost effective if not cheaper to dine out depending on what I want to have. Entertaining for people is fun too! Like Tranformers by Michael Bay!