Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
It's all well and good, but will it have the Best Gundam?

:colbert:

But seriously, at least this looks like relatively harmless fun. Especially if, going by the preview, they're including the SD Gunpla shenanigans as well. And hey, plenty of new Gunpla designs to fool around with, eventually. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I get the feeling from the first episode that there is going to be some goofy as poo poo twist.

Reiji is a ~newtype~ from another world. They're probably going to end up discovering Gunpla Battles are a gateway into some alternate reality or some poo poo.

Ramba Ral DID pop up in the first episode, so, who knows? They could go full-crossover on this show.

That was some dorky poo poo, but I can't say it wasn't entertaining. Fights looked pretty decent too.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Zorak posted:

Build Fighters is fine, but at least 50% of the reason I watch Gundam series is because of the setting and the fictional stakes, of which here there's basically none. Ramba Ral cameo isn't enough, unfortunately.

There is Origin (supposedly) still coming around the corner, so this is a nice little distraction until then.

And hey, for Bandai it's something "safe" to deal with after Age shat the bed.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Srice posted:

Not only did they acknowledge that Sei has been attracting weird people, but that imaginary fight was hilarious as hell to watch. It's like two kids on a playground endlessly one-upping each other while playing pretend. Also, seeing Sei/Reiji and Mao dressed as Kira and Garrod was a pretty neat visual gag.

If I didn't know better I'd say that's a somewhat subtle Akibaranger reference. Damned if I wasn't tempted to shout "Grand Delusion" when they started that.

Also seems someone finally made piece of fanart I've been waiting for. :3:
Now hurry up with that AGE-Titus HERO(man) custom already, some person.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Ethiser posted:

The La Vie en Rose Garden! These people know what true comedy is.

Next week is Bearguy vs. SD gundam. Can't wait.

Not just ANY SD Gundam. SD KNIGHT GUNDAM. :swoon:

It was neat to take some time off from our MCs and focus on the other Gunpla battlers, and see how... "sensible" the "serious" plot is.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

The most important thing to take away from this episode:

Those GP bases can stand up to just about anything, goddamn.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Monaghan posted:

Edit- As for cameos If you look closely you can see a genderbent heero and sarah.

And she was piloting that Mercurius too! This show, oh my god. :allears:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Caros posted:

Also that double date :swoon:

That poo poo was too cute. Sei and China are great together, and Reiji and "Aina" (oh god, Sei's fanboyism over her fake name) are hilarious together. :3:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

So, meet the mystery silhouette that was teased earlier:

It's Crossbone Gundam.

Holy poo poo it has booster sabers. I can't wait for this to be out. :neckbeard:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

There were just so many neat little moments this episode. I think one of my favorite was Aila going all "Hah, I can see what you're doing next! ...wait, gently caress I can't dodge it!" Nice little thing that turns the pseudo-Newtype precognition thing on its head.

I love how dumbfounded the crowd got during the fight, too. That was just great. :3:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

I loved that the turned the whole usual tone of dealing with cyber-newtypes on its head and how the whole fight ended up.

Although if Sei wants to win this tournament apparently he should just attach a giant plastic fist to a set of boosters.

Oh god.

Oh god.

Star Build Strike: God Scrander. This needs to happen.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Another budget episode. Once again they picked good suits for it though. Seeing Exia's lazy as gently caress Trans-Am sliding again was hilarious.

EDIT: Ahahahahaha the preview. I guess in the world of BF, all of the tragic romances had a happy ending.

Next episode might also be the one to finally advance Sei's character arc too. Also finally give the mkII a chance to do something cool.

EDIT 2: Holy poo poo is that Cecily and Iron Mask? :allears:

Truly this is Gundam Valhalla.

I like how even Alia couldn't take Reiji's story seriously. And he's still all "But it's true! Oh whatever."

The fight was pretty neat too, even if it did kinda go full Zwee Fighting for a bit.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Even discounting the cameo avalanche this was a drat nice breather episode. Most of everyone in the series got a bit of screentime, Sei and Reiji got their little friendship match, man it was just pure :3: .

But by god, words can not express how much I want this thing's kit now. Mao you lucky bastard.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

gently caress that I need that Fenice Rinascita. It's so good but we heard literally nothing about it until this episode. It'll never get a HG. At least the Crossbones Kai has a confirmed kit.

You know looking at the new Fenice again I SWEAR that head looks like an AGE suit's. Legilis, maybe? I know AGE suits aren't supposed to be in the series but the resemblance is uncanny.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

It's the Exia's face.

Nah, Exia's face is too rounded. Fenice Rinascita's is more angular, sharper as it goes down to the chin.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nah that's just the Zeta Chin. The Rinascita is a combination of Proto-Wing Zero, Wing Zero, Zeta, and I think some 00 MS parts.

Zeta fits better though it loses a bit of its lower chin. Though Kyrios could fit for it too, with some modifications. I guess either would be appropriate, making it the bastard lovechild of some of the transforming Gundams.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Dj Meow Mix posted:

It's like all of our jokes and dreams for this show came true. Bandai, please ship the HG Axis :allears:

No, not HG. RG Axis. Complete with the six digit price tag (in yen). :colbert:

Anyway this was an awesome episode. Baker's little speech about World Domination and the Chairman just going "nah, just wanna be rich and live an easy life" drat near killed me. Part of me hoped that when the SBS went back for the other arm it would toss it Dai-Guard style and we'd get some sort of Build Rocket Knuckle or something, but the finisher was still all right. And oh poo poo that teaser. :allears:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

By the way, not gonna lie, I squealed when the Amazing Exia Repair showed up. So perfect. :allears:

And the entire fight scene I was thinking "man it would be really helpful if the Satellite Cannon was here, too bad Mao ditched first thing to help Misa- YES"

My reaction, spot-on. God drat I felt like a 10 year old girl again, cheering like it was the first time I saw the Wing Zero/Epyon fight on Toonami.

It may have not been the best Gundam series out there, but I'll be damned if it wasn't bursting with love for the whole franchise. The fights, the cameos, the sheer sense of joy and fun it had. Just hope that any potential Season 2 can try to match it.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Hahaha, holy crap. I knew Mao and his Master's Gunpla looked familiar.

These two?

They're Mikako Komatsu and Sachi Kokuryu's personal Gunpla, Sei and Reiji's voice actresses.

And of course Mikako's is a Bodacious Space Pirates reference.

This show... even 'till the end, it manages to shove every little reference it can in. :allears:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

So apparently /m/ put together a little 300 pic Gunpla collage (arranged in reference to SBS's "Gunpla of Gunplas" victory pose, of course) and sent it to the Build Fighters staff.
Seems they really appreciated it. :3:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

Reviews of the Crossbone Gundam Maoh are up, and holy poo poo. This thing looks like it's possibly the most min-maxed Gunpla Battler in the show. Of course it's the most flexible suit ever and it has the stuff we saw in the show like the chest satellite cannon and the detachable VSBR beam sabres, but the blunderbuss we saw in previews is actually a modular beam rifle that splits into a rapier and a blunderbuss and it has a built-in Battle Arms system (so it's essentially got FOUR beam sabre-wielding tentacles that double as hardpoints). Did we mention the removable foot knives? Even if we ignore the core booster and Shingyo School particle fuckery, this thing is a whirling dervish of blades and beams that also happens to be able to blow a hole in A Baoa Qu hands free.

God, Mao's the best.

Some of those features (Blunderbuss Zanbuster and Foot Knives) are standard on the Crossbone X-1 proper. If anything it seems to be missing the Scissor Anchors, Brand Markers, and the Anti-Beam Cloak (though understandable, given that it's just a giant cloak). The X-3 also had those ship-cannon tanking I-Field Emitters built into the hands and the swiss army knife of a weapon in the Murasama Blaster (like 9 goddamn beam sabers built into a rifle) that the Skull Heart X-1 inherited...

In other words, Mao was holding back on the Min-Maxing potential a bit.
And now I wait for the days of Crossbone Maoh Full Package...

Regardless I still love the suit and am waiting ever so patiently for it to arrive. :allears:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

AfroSquirrel posted:

So, how much passion will our next flamenco theme have? Nine times the passion, or perhaps even twelve times as much?

Truly ∀ Meijin ~ 999x the Passion of Ordinary Flamenco

The Exia was just the start.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

ActionZero posted:

I at once love you and hate you for this pun.

I couldn't help myself. It had to be done. It could have been worse.

Also, even if they're one-off display things I hope we get more obscure "reference" custom builds. Like a staff-wielding Hi-Nu/Noble hybrid kitbash... thing. :j:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

TARDISman posted:

To make it fashionable and asymmetrical, there's a half V fin when it goes into Destroy mode.

No no, it will open sideways!
With one side being longer than the other!

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

chumbler posted:

Ramba Ral (age 35) will use a Gouf piloting a larger Gouf.

The real question is what the hell kind of bullshit Mao will have come up with after a time skip and will he still be a huge goon.

Either Satellite System Skull and Crossbone Bits, or Satellite System Eye-Patch Parrot Bits for CB Maoh.

Also something involving Skull Gundam from G.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

tsob posted:

If such a machine doesn't have a custom cow of some kind included, then it is a failure in my eyes. Doesn't even need to do anything, just have a different paint scheme in show than the black & white cow in Turn-A had or something. Or maybe give it a beam washing line.

Chest-launched Cow Bits.

With GN Drives.

:unsmigghh:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

The GIG posted:

Just put a mini Char figure in the cockpit and watch the particles bend over backwards to show off how totally cool he is.

No. No no.

PUT GN DRIVES ON THE CHAR.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Apparently the new kids are a 'tri-fighter' team, and the name of the new series in GBF Tri.

http://www.gundam-bf.net/news.php

GoogleTranslate posted:

From October 2014, new anime to be a sequel to "build Gundam Fighters", "build Gundam Fighters try" is determined by the broadcast TV Tokyo series!

Stage of the story, seven years after the previous work from the "build Gundam Fighters". Three staff of Kiyoshiotori school Gundam Battle section, the first half of Sekai, Kosaka, we could say Jack Robinson, of Hoshino Fumina is, draw a figure which has formed the team, "Tri-Fighters", continue to challenge the Gundam Battle Championship.

I am going to toward the broadcast of October, to publish the information at any time on the official website! Please look forward to!

More than just a team, Team BATTLING.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well poo poo, given the series usual themes you know what this has to mean at some point: "...AND I'll FORM THE HEAD!"

Getter Gundam Team.

It will happen.

It MUST happen.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I'd say my biggest concern is that it's going to boil down to "one is good at fighting, one is good at building, one is the Sei Mk.II but without a Fighter so she just gets owned constantly."

I dunno, she seems to actually be experienced compared to the others. Isn't she supposed to be the head of the GB club?
I mean her Gundam is literally called WINNING.

You think this thing is cute?
It wasn't made to be cute.
It was made to WIN.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

As long as Fumina gets in on the club president flamenco BGM thing, I'll be happy.

I can get behind this. :allears:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

The Missing Link posted:

It's definitely more Shining than Burning, I think. The shoulders in other pics I've seen and ankle guards are spot on, while the chest is extremely similar. The yellow vents on either side of the chest are there, though I suspect it's a redesign because they don't need the core lander to stick its nose through to become the cockpit.

Minus the wrist slashers, the limbs look similar to the Shining. I wouldn't be surprised if they had thruster vents that popped open in Burning Mode or whatever.

The blue parts glow orange in "Plavsky enhanced gently caress your poo poo up" mode.

Honestly it's a bunch of different little things. Like, part Shining, part Rising, part Dreadnought, part Sei-worked-his-Gunpla-Builder-magic-to-make-it-break-faces.
And in the end, that's what really matters, right?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

The Muffinlord posted:

Turn X ∀mazing.

No no, Mao will come up with a Turn-X painted like the GX, with the Crossbone's backpack.

Turn-X Maoh. With the Moonlight Butterfly forming a Skull-shaped barrier. :getin:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

It's a pirate-themed giant robot. :ms:

Main pilot's a cool dude too. :v:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Better be talking about Seabook.

Seabook's a cool dude, but he's only the X-1's main pilot. Not the main pilot of the series.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Alan what the hell are you doing

how are you even HOLDING that

:stare:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

According to the text she's Sekai's older sister.

... And a fashion model?

And her name is "Mirai Kamiki."

Other scan to go with that one, Fumina gets the Cardigan as well.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

aers posted:

http://mana.yshi.org/dl/bf2-pv.ts

PV for BF season 2, dunno if there's a YT mirror yet.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24ci7m

Not YT, but it'll have to do for now.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Hahahahah Ral is Professor Oak now.

"Welcome to the world of Gunpla Battle!"

...poo poo now I want a game even more.

Also the new Announcer seems rather enthusiastic.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

:siren: WE HAVE YOUTUBE, WITH SUBS :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKMwhn7hFhc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Some new info, courtesy of here and /m/ for cleaning up Google's translation:

/m/ posted:

>They know Build Knuckle was used often in s1, so they will think of new ways to end matches.

>They tried asking Nagasaki to come back, but he had already moved on to another show.

>Scriptwriter Kuroda is busy thinking up a wide variety of new characters.

>The name "Burning Gundam" was director Watada's idea. He had no idea it was also God Gundam's name in the west.

>They're trying to explore more of the Gunpla side. Those who love building, those who love battling, those who love the 'military' aspect.

>Fans of SD Gundam should look forward to episode 4.

>Since there wasn't much pressure on the first season to succeed, the staff had a lot of freedom to do what they wanted.

>They greenlit the sequel towards the end of last year. The good reception of episodes 15 and 18 really helped.

>They were given permission to use G-Reco units, but it's difficult to implement. So they'll likely end up as models in the background.

• Locked thread