Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Holy poo poo. Just watched that sizzle trailer finally. Looks like this will be my most looked forward to show on TV again this season. This is going to be rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Absolutely fantastic start to the new season. So good.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I don't understand how this keeps getting better. They are really hitting it out of the loving park, my god. Sooo happy at the quick resolution to the "blame arrow for Tommy" plot.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Chasiubao posted:

Did they reshoot the scene on the Queen's Gambit with the Black Canary actress or am I just confused and need to go back and rewatch season 1?

Looked like a re-shoot to me.

---

Another amazing episode. So much good stuff is happening, so quickly. That weapon switching scene was slick.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Drifter posted:

It's too bad they don't make the Agents of Shield better, then. It's a pile of rocks.

I agree that it started a bit rocky but I thought the most recent episode was great and they are finally firing on all cylinders.

It still isn't arrow at this point but what is?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Wolpertinger posted:

Hah, I thought it too - It's hilarious in retrospect - he sleeps with his ex-wife and then googles info about HIV, like he's afraid of STDs.

This is really loving funny. :)

Show is still firing on all cylinders for me. I don't even feel like the brief felicity drama was manufactured like I normally would. They've laid the groundwork pretty solidly that she is crushing super hard.

The one moment where I briefly was annoyed was when Roy wasn't told the reason for the breakup, but as usual, it resolved/paid off super fast.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That was loving amazing. This show is incredible. This was the best episode yet. I'm so happy that wasn't the mid season break cliff hanger and we actually get another episode.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hi liter posted:

Spoiler clip from tomorrows episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R__C0BJHRc

I'm pumped

Can someone tell me what was said? Specifically... The island didn't make you strong...???

I'm apparently deaf and need close captioning.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Uber Kosh posted:

It revealed you to be weak.

Thanks!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Deadpool posted:

How in the hell are they ever gonna top this episode?

Flash! ah-ahh!
He'll save everyone of us!

This was seriously amazing. I am super stoked for the new flash series, I hope it rocks as hard as Arrow.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

WarLocke posted:

Is this coming back this Wednesday or next?

This Wednesday!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BrianWilly posted:

Nay for the same-gender relationship being depicted as emotionally abusive and ultimately toxic ("The only reason you're alive today is because of me" woooow girl) while Sara's opposite-gender relationship is represented in a comforting, cathartic light that feels like "home" to her.

I completely disagree with you on this point. I don't think her hooking up with Oliver was presented as the Good to her previous relationships Bad at all. Mind you, I'm not saying there weren't things that could be interpreted that way, I'm just saying, I believe you are interpreting things in this case in the most negative possible way. I know this is your thing, and I won't be able to sway you on this, so just voicing my dissent and then letting it be.

Also, I'm not sure why I didn't have the same reaction some of you did to acting quality or the like, I thought everyone did an amazing job this episode. Even Laurel.

I'm super happy with how everything went down and so very glad that that they didn't kill off Sara. I hope we see a lot more of Nyssa.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Phylodox posted:

That's not that bad. Guy's obviously into his job. I can see Amell saying something similar, only with more profanity. The fact that SHIELD has some legit issues isn't Gregg's fault, and I can't blame him for defending the company that made him famous.

Yeah, that isn't anywhere near as bad as people were making it sound. It is easy to get a bit too defensive over something like this. Amell is a pretty blunt guy, and in the alternate universe where his show sucked, I can see him saying something similar.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

VDay posted:

I dunno, I would be really disappointed in the cast if any of them lashed out at the fans for having (valid) criticisms of the show. I mean, can you really see Amell coming out and saying that in response to, for example, criticism of the huntress arc?

Put it this way: at worst, Gregg comes off as kind of petty and childish and lashes out at some fans by calling them losers before backing off a bit. At best, it's still a really dumb thing to say from a PR perspective and is sure to drive away a bunch of those fans that he called impatient losers. The correct way to answer that question and deal with that frustration is to say something along the lines of "I understand people's frustration but I can assure them that it will all be worth it." Not "These losers are just impatient. I mean they're not losers but you know..."

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying what he said was said with any grace at all. It definitely wasn't the correct move from a PR perspective. I'm just saying people are getting out the noose for what seems to me to be pretty tame in terms of what was said.

Also, we aren't seeing the question that led to that answer. I looked at the article and it is just click bait. For all we know, the question that prompted that response was along the lines of "what do you say to all the geeks who say your show is the worst poo poo that ever appeared on TV and every actor in it is garbage?" And yes, I think if Amell was literally asked something like that, he would respond similarly. But no, something more tame like Huntress or comments about Laurel he is really good about redirecting. That is easier to do when people mostly like what you are doing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

WarLocke posted:

... So who was saying that Dig wasn't getting used enough? :awesome:

I wonder how this is going to play out, what with Diggle having to balance both teams...

Well, I'm guessing it will only be an occasional thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Another amazing episode. I am already excited for future Clock King episodes, what a great villain.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

What an amazing trailer. Can't wait!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Deadpool posted:

I may have to close this thing down after a couple days. Hiatuses do not do this thread any favors.

On the flip side, then we have nowhere to discuss the trailers and photos from the set and such that get posted fairly regularly.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hcreight posted:

The Arrow Facebook page put up a Guggenheim interview with a few new clips and tidbits from tomorrow's episode, which he's saying they wanted "to feel like a season finale."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=381326612005377&set=vb.104137579724283&type=2&theater

So, speculation based on the above interview: They kill Sara? Based on who he said was impacted and how Arrow will never be the same, that is totally what it reads as to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Deakul posted:

I was expecting her to actually utilize the loving peep hole.

This episode was amazing, but seriously. This took me right out of the episode and slightly marred it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Moira went out great, I think in general her character was pretty interesting and her darker aspects only made her work even better aside from some clunkiness here and there. Plus Thea has to find out after an event like this and the less family secret dramas the better the show gets.

I'm glad to see Slayed is not messing around.

I was like, YAY, Moira is going to spill about Merlyn and then Ollie is going to come out to Thea. Happy family time! NOPE.

I don't think this show has had a more powerful episode.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, I was super glad Ollie finally didn't buy into the perception that he killed Shado. "That's not what happened!" Thank god.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Wow, this show is so good. Next week looks amazing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm going to be super upset if Detective Lance is dead.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Flash extended trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0l7iGKh8g

Those fuckers did it, Reverse Flash :stare:
EDIT: AMELL!!! :flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap:

This is fantastic. :) Two nitpicks were the whole first episode being spoiled and I thought I heard someone calling him the blur which gave me horrible Smallville flashbacks. I'm super stoked for it though.

WarLocke posted:

Gonna be severely disappointed if the season 1 finale isn't the reveal of Gorilla Grodd (see he was a normal gorilla in Star City Zoo until the reactor blew and he got super-gorilla-evolved) :science:

God yes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

zoux posted:

Uh I thought the CGI looked uniformly cool as hell???

Red Streak I think.

Ah, ok, that is a bit better but I'm glad it sounds like they are getting over that hump right away.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Some Numbers posted:

I really enjoyed the Flash pilot. They did a very good job with almost every aspect.

I can't wait for the rest of the series.

Yup, it is fantastic. It is going to be a long wait.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Aphrodite posted:

Didn't they do a Deathstroke in the 2 pack? I guess that one was his island costume, right?

The face on the Oliver is not so good.

Super derpy face.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I love Detective Lance. I also loved him as Dresden.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That all sounds loving great.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BreakAtmo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfgthhsuUb8

Awwwwww yeah, Season 3 trailer. First part is an S2 recap, then we get new footage.

So excited.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BrianWilly posted:

Wait, I thought this was gonna be a new movie but it's a TV show? Based on Scream?

....?.....how the gently caress? How do you make a TV show about Scream? Does Ghost Face keep getting away? Is there a new Ghost Face every week?

My guess would be each season is a new ghostface. He/They successfully kill someone new each week until the finale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's different when you're only telling a handful of stories though. If you've got 3-4 movies you can afford to kill off the rogues gallery.

I disagree with this entirely. You close off so many narrative options when you kill off your villains. One of the coolest things that happens in the Batman films is Scarecrow making like a 2 minute appearance as a side job in a later movie. It makes the world feel bigger. Also, just because YOU are done working on a story, it doesn't mean the story is over if you are working in a shared universe.

I always think it is stupid when superhero movies kill off villains, unless it is an expected part of the story(Punisher).

To bring this back to Arrow, I was disappointed when we lost Vertigo and Shrapnel. In both cases it may be ok though as there is more than one Vertigo and Shrapnel was off screen so they have a loophole.

• Locked thread