Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

homeless poster posted:

I am still floored that having no scaling on the minion nodes was a mistake. i figured at least they were tossing you a bone by making the minion nodes relatively painless so you could get back to fighting galactus, but lol nope doing something actually fun was a bug, not a feature

sure the big boss wipes an entire party with no chance of avoiding this outcome 11 times out of 10, but at least now you also get to waste health packs just to get the privilege of dying to the boss again!

But the health packs are 30% off! They're doing you a favor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Maaaaaannnnn... I was doing so well this bracket. I've been hovering around 5th place this whole time, until I ran out of steam up against gatdag Venom and gatdag Carnage. And then both of them together? All I have to do is never let them get any red, green, or yellow matches ever and don't let the trash symbiotes get a chance to charge up red or green AP ever and it's no problem!

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I did it with two purple covers. I imagine it's not too different from doing it with one. It took me more than a dozen tries until I got lucky, though. A green cover would have helped a LOT.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I'll go for Roxxon if there's still space. I don't play every PVE event, but I go for the new character ones and special events pretty hard, because I hate myself. In game name is the same as my SA name

Edit: Cripes, I'm in a 60-way tie for first in this sub-event

Sesq fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 30, 2016

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Slippy G posted:

What have I missed here? I've been top 50 every day on the Dr Strange event. Cleared every door and beat the boss as they came up, but I'm still sat at 91 overall :(

The people in the event are divided up into three groups for the sub events, based on which one you picked. The main event placement takes into account all three groups.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Dracula. Marvel Dracula's rad. Not the red armor one though.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wanna get that Katie-Kate cover in the next PVP progression. Is it feasible to get 900 points yet, or do I still have to wait until the dead of night and play a dozen matches against champed Peggys within ten minutes?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

That's some real pro game design right there. Especially with all the opportunities to pick up those characters during the event.

I've got max covered Wolverine and Carlos Dangerroom, but a mere 5 covers in Cyclops, so I guess I should go gently caress myself!

Sesq fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Sep 28, 2017

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Me an hour ago: Rad, I got my last Cloak and Dagger cover!

Me now: poo poo, a Cloak and Dagger cover. Now I need to get 400K Iso-8 in a hurry.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

I average like 30k a day so depending on how hard you try you should be able to get that in two weeks.

Maybe less if you have some 2*s that are close to 144.

Yeah, I can probably do that. I just have to have to have that cover sitting in my roster for as long as it takes to get back on the treadmill right after grinding up Jean and Fury.

After this, I've still got TAHulk, Nova, and X-23 sitting at 13 covers. I would 100% buy Iso-8 on a regular basis if they gave out, like 25 times as much as they do.

Edit: Oh, and Deadpool too, looks like.

Edit edit: Cheezum Cripes I'm getting lucky today. Token from Apocalypse Round 1 got me covers 11 and 12 for Rogue, with 13 coming on the Christmas event. Gotta level her too.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 14, 2017

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I would've quit by now if I didn't have 4-star Rocket blowing me through the PVE events, usually with Gamora and Medusa. I don't do the PVP ones because who needs that aggravation?

Im leveling America now, and am looking forward to the shenanigans she can get into.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I've got about 600CP saved up to fish for the new Cap, but would I be better off going for him now, or waiting until he's in a Latest Legends to get more Jessicas and Ghost Riders? I only have 2 JJ covers, and one each of GR, BW, and Hawkeye

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

CidGregor posted:

Bone Rangers is open. We've also had participation drop off a bit, but we've gotten one wiccan cover and are close to the second.

I've actually been considering posing the idea to the thread that maybe we could combine a couple of the alliances? It seems like there's several of us struggling and could benefit from condensing into one full fledged alliance instead of two struggling with half-participation.

Doesn't sound awful. We've been struggling with ours as well. We just managed to drag our asses across the finish line for the first Wiccan after pretty reliably clearing Round 7 for several events.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I'm putting feelers out to see what Alliances exist that have multiple openings. As was said earlier, Roxxon Oil isn't doing very well, and I'm getting ahead of the Ultron event tomorrow to figure out what to do.

If I boot inactive people, I've got about 7 or 8 openings, so I figure we can recruit, absorb another alliance, or get absorbed by one or more alliances. I'd like to see what other alliances have openings so no one in our group gets left out.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Looks like the popular option within the alliance is recruit, so that's what I'll do. Roxxon Oil has three slots open currently, and I can make room for more if needed. Just apply and let me know here or with a PM or something.

We're a casual group; only requirements are to play semi-regularly, let us know if you plan on taking a break for a while, and help out and do your best in the alliance events.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I gotta say, I like the move towards alliance events when new characters get released. It beats having to jockey for position in a slice and getting screwed out of it if you start playing at the wrong time. Much better to work with other players for PVE instead of against them.

That said, Roxxon Oil is still recruiting! Let me know if you want in. All we ask is to pitch in and do your best on the alliance events.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

LorneReams posted:

Please do! Yesterday Pizza Dog had 8 active people (out of 16), and that makes it seem like the alliance is dying.

Hmmm, yeah, Roxxon has about 11 active members a day out of 17 right now. Despite this, we still got a Round 6 clear in Civil War, but it's not as good as we used to do. I think a merger would solve both our problems, but I'll float it the group first.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Yeah, let's do this. My question to Pizza Dog is is there room in the alliance for us? I notice there are multiple Commanders in Pizza Dog, and I don't think inactive Commanders can be removed from the alliance. We've got 12 people who've played in the past two weeks.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I kind of hate to continue to bog this thread down in guild management minutae, but I don't think we've got a Discord or anything. Here's the situation with Roxxon Oil. You can use the alliance search to check an alliance's roster, even if it's private.

I'm the only active commander. There's one commander who appears to be inactive. I'll try to get a helpdesk ticket to remove him if I have to and if I don't hear of any signs of life. We are currently 18/20, with 4-7 additional slots I could possibly make available. I'm loathe the break up the alliance into fragments if I can help it, as the members like to stick together, and I can respect that.

As an aside, I let one new person into the alliance today, but I didn't think to vet him at the time. jdcorley, post here or send me a PM. If not, you're out if I have to make room.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I would buy iso-8, and buy it frequently, if they literally increased the amount thirty-fold.

I'm at the point where I've champed many 4* guys, and while I have a mild surplus of hp, I'm easily 8 figures of iso-8 away from catching up on levels. I throw away so many 4* covers these days, and I can't afford to champ all the 3* guys I have, much less have extra copies to cycle through.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Bob Socko posted:

Heard back from D3Go. Pizza Dog only had one inactive commander, everyone else has logged on at least once in the past week. Guess we’re just casual.

Anyway, we have room for six refugees from Roxxon.

Roxxon Oil has actually been picking up a few new members. We got full up, so I purged some users who've been inactive for a month or so. We've got 4 open slots right now, with possibly more depending on demand. If you got kicked out, no hard feelings; just reapply and you're back in. If you're a new member, be sure to let me know here or via PM so I know you're a goon.

Steve Vader posted:

So, I'm still hazy on all the talk about saving up tokens until you can buy out a whole vault or something.

I'm currently Level 65. I have a good chunk of Champed 3* but none have Maxed Out yet. I have no Champed 4* but Peggy Carter is at 10 cards and on the verge, and the next closest 4* isn't very close at all. I've got a handful of 5* cards, my best being Okoye at 2 Black and 1 yellow, the next being Robbie Reyes at 2 Red, and the others (Archangel, Cap, Iron Man, Surfer, Spidey, Thanos & JJ) all at one card (Jessica Jones with one red instead of blue, sadly).

I've been doing the thing with cycling 2* cards pretty regular, although I don't have enough slots for each character, so I tend to ignore the Dark Avengers who I don't like, which bites because it seems I always need that bullshit DA Hawk-Bullseye. But I tend to use them disposably - trash them when I need Daken or something, then trash that when I need Moonstone, what-have-you. Just bought another slot to do so for today's DDQ.

I've got 87 command points saved up currently.

Whenever I start an event, be it PvE or PvP, I tend to drop down one level from the max in hopes I can progress a bit further, because the max stifles me pretty quickly.

Should I still be throwing tokens to make roster space, or should I be hoarding them at this point to boost up my 4* and 5* peeps? Should I be hoarding CP, or should I be tossing them at Latest Legends cards whenever I can?

When I was at that point, I never spent HP on anything but roster slots. I still don't, unless I have a huge surplus that I can afford to drop onHeroes for Hire or 100 point vault tokens that have a thing I want.

My opinion is that if you don't have any maxed out 4* characters and you're not actively shooting for the newest 5* characters, go nuts on the classic legends. I have right about 2/3 of all 4*s max covered, so what I am doing currently though is holding onto 250 CP for when Jessica shows up next time and otherwise spending it when the next 5* character comes out

If you're not shooting for placement on PVE events, just do CL7. If you feel you don't have a shot at the 4* placement rewards, it's just more trouble than it's worth on the CL9 unless I guess if you're packing multiple champed 5*s (which I am not)

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Plugging Roxxon Oil again for new recruits. Sinister Six event is coming up and we have about four slots or so open. Unless they change it, it's easier to get 3 covers than the others, and last time it popped up, we got them all. So come on over if you want covers! Covers of Spider-Man! On my desk by 7:00 or you're finished, Parker!

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Looks like the next 5* is Kitty, with OML and Phoenix in the mix for the draw. I should just wait for her to show up in the Latest Legends to pull with Hope and Loki, right?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Ignite Memories posted:

As long as we're doing comp chat...

I've got a 7-cover Green Goblin now, starting to wonder what sort of team comps would complement his countdown-protecting utility. The only champs I have that make multiple countdowns right now are ant-man and deadpool, but I feel like there's probably someone i don't have that would be rad.

Shuri's game plan revolves around fortified tiles. 4* Luke also has an ability that does damage for every fortified tile. Not super sure how well the three of them synergize as a team though.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

It's worth noting that Grocket and Gamora (and Drax) are going to be boosted in the Thanos event tomorrow. Should be good times. I'm hoping to get back to Round 7 clears. We've got three slots open in Roxxon Oil right now if anyone wants in.

I've got 1081 CP right now, most I've ever had by a significant margin, and I'm itchin' to pull. I want to grab a Cable cover just to roster him. His pull list comes with Archangel and dat ol' swamp rat Gambit. Is AA worth pulling for? Mine is 1/0/3 right now. I was thinking after getting Cable to burn it all on the fan favorites since I've got 9 covers on JJ already.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Well, I decided to burn it all on fan favorites and save Cable for later. Got 2 JJ covers and also champed OML, my first 5* champ after having been playing since before there were 5 stars. Didn't get a single bonus reward from any of it.

Edit: Welp, looks like I'm screwed out of PVP forever. Kinda suspected that would happen. Nothing but champed Thors and Okoyes as far as the eye can see.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 19, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Leavemywife posted:

I believe Roxxon Oil has some, too.

Yes, we have 3 openings currently. As a heads up, there's an alliance event this weekend (Apocalypse), so get in an alliance so you can get 2 or 3 easy 4 star covers

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

New Wave Jose posted:

Do we know who is the 4 star?

I'm not sure right now. It won't be a new character.

Edit: looks like Thor. She's pretty great when paired with 3* Iron Man. Maybe Jubilee as well? Haven't tried it yet.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 8, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Roxxon Oil is still recruiting. Join for the Ultron event this weekend and help us help you get 4 star covers for *checks notes* Ultimate Prowler?

Sesq fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 27, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Applied, username is lessthansanity

Got it. Thanks!

You know what Kitty, you're good people.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Yeah, Kitty came out of nowhere to become an MVP for me. I was just trying to roster Cable and kept getting more and more Kittys until I actually tried doing a required node with her and she just wrecked it. Now I'm hoping to get even more while I continue to try to roster Kingpin.

It's a shame she's not classified as a Guardian of the Galaxy despite running it a couple years back for the extra bonus Rocket gets

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Andorra posted:

Sent a request to Roxxon Oil. Name in the game is Best Loser

I gotcha. We should hopefully be done with Round 4 tonight, but Sinister Six is more generous than the other Alliance events. We've been getting up to Round 6 done lately, but I'd like to get things going to Round 7 completions again. I can make room for 3 or 4 more people as needed.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

LorneReams posted:

If you make a new one, limit to a couple of commanders at most.

Yeah, I never promoted anyone when I became de facto commander for that reason. We've (Roxxon Oil) got 10 active today, highest I've seen lately is 11. It appears both commanders are currently active. Maybe merge into Roxxon Oil and anyone left over can go to Pizza Dog? I think I can safely open up 8 spots.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I gotcha. We've still got 6 available slots in Roxxon Oil, so so if anyone wants in, let us know. The members we have are pretty active currently and participate in the Alliance events.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 1, 2020

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Gritty = 5* Kitty Pryde + 4* Groot/Rocket

Kitty rather sharply increases the power of Attack, Strike, and Defense every turn, which keeps adding up as the fight goes on. Rocket and Groot start the fight with a number of Strike tiles, priming the pump early. If you're fighting them and if you can remove those tiles quickly, you can stop their momentum dead.

Gonna be real, I probably would've given up on the game a while ago if I didn't have this combo working out for me.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Three more spots are open in Roxxon Oil. Feel free to come on in for the Alliance event.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Oh, I feel crappy. I have not been paying attention to the thread and let this slide. You're approved; come on in and grab the Alliance event rewards before it ends.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

There's a new alliance event coming up, and I'm cleaning up ahead of time. Roxxon Oil is full, but I'm clearing out at least two slots that haven't been logging in for a while, maybe more if there's interest. Anyone is welcome. If I kick you out, you are also welcome back at any time, room allowing

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Okay, two slots should be open, feel free to join. If anyone else wants in, let me know. I can probably do two more in good conscience.

Edit: Still have a slot open for Lammasu; I can probably take one more person but let me know in advance.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Lammasu posted:

I tried searching for roxxon oil but I couldn't find it.

It should be there. Roxxon Oil. Try capitalizing it.