Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Bongo Bill posted:

I hope that there's an Alola Pikachu, so that they're forced to acknowledge that Raichu still exists.

In Alola and all future versions, new baby baby Pokemon KaChu is first form, Pikachu is final form, Raichu is mega evolution and temporary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Do you think he would be friends with Hawlucha?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How about a fairy type Dragonite, and a ground type Pikachu, and a flying type Dugtrio.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

less laughter posted:

Poliwrath and Clefable that actually look different from Poliwhirl and Clefairy

In Alola poliwhirl spins the other way.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Serena is the only female traveling companion allowed now and forever

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Zuzie posted:

They still haven't explained what Ash Greninja is supposed to be. Plus that leak mentioned that it makes an appearance somewhere in the game. It would be kind of a dick move on the anime's part to include something like that but not include it in the games. People are still reeling over things like Pink Butterfree, Crystal Onix and the GS ball.

I'm pretty sure all the previous Megas are programmed in the game as well as their respective mega stones. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they're like the gems in the Gen VI games: programmed in, but unavailable, save for a couple. Or maybe they won't be available until you've beaten the main campaign... Whatever it's supposed to be.

Personally I think it's fine, and good, that the anime gets some exclusives and isn't completely limited by the mechanics of the game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is there a Pokemon version of the Tarrasque?

Ooh, or a bullette? If there's no land shark I'm kind of shocked.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What about a mindflayer or beholder?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I forgot about m as malamar.

I'm going to pretend Litten's final evolution is a Rhakshasha.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What if you could put a net Navi on your Pokédex. Could Megaman.exe defeat a Pokemon

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I bet the evil team in this game sideloads emulators onto their Pokédex and are always pirating Nintendo games.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Alolan Abomasnow is called Obamasnow

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Next week this poo poo goes down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDF4xInN31I

Part 1 of 2, not even getting to Greninja yet.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If I have Pokemon X then what ORAS should I get to have the most coverage? Which of RBY for that matter, in terms of picking up mons I won't find in the other versions?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Jesus Christ I was watching the XY anime with my son a few weeks ago and thought it took loving forever to get to the second gym, but now I'm replaying Pokémon X and holy poo poo it takes even longer than that in the game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I can't decide. Red Blue or Yellow? Which one is gonna have the best mon selection? I can take that Pikachu and stuff him right in a PC where he belongs, right?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Isn't it weird that gen 7 is basically introducing divergent evolution? Like, actual Darwinian evolution though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
People thought I was being salty when I said they should make diglett a flying type but I was serious. Have a clod of dirt still stuck to the bottom of his body, and give him Yoshi wings.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Also they should have a Pokemon that is just one winged angel Sephiroth.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
When you transfer stuff from Pokemon bank into a new game do you get the Pokédex entries for the things they evolved from?

Wondering if I should evolve my starters or keep em small and not use them till I get to Alola. Obviously i can just gts later but I generally don't use it that much and find it kind of frustrating.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Silver Falcon posted:

No, you would only get the form they're currently in. You'd have to breed to get earlier forms. For maximum efficiency, evolve to the middle form before transferring. That way you can just breed it once and evolve it once. Bam!

I somehow forgot breeding was even a thing. So I'll basically need a male and female ditto for this, right?

Also I assume Pokemon bank doesn't count as a trade?

I don't mind trade evolutions in gts because those are always easy to find.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah. Who made the Pokédex anyway, the friggin Borg?

Anyway, gotta keep playing till I have a level 100 max IV shiny of every type.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well what's the absolute worst type pairing with the most weaknesses and least resistances?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Germstore posted:

The Exeggcute line has seven weaknesses with one of them being a 4x.

Well I can't loving kill any in Pokemon Go.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
gently caress. I was just in Cerulean and remembered there is a mew glitch here, and saved and looked it up, and of loving course I literally had just triggered the guy I need to do the glitch, so now I feel like that's five wasted hours.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So people seem to be saying I can still do the Mew glitch in yellow as long as there is some trainer in the world that walks up to you from long range, and I face the correct ditto to get the right special stat.

I can't find any info about this online, could someone elaborate or link to a guide?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I name all my Pokemon after celebrities, living or dead. My main team features my Chesnaught Kanye West and my Beedrill Aziz Ansari, and my Luxray Kim Cattrall.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Zodack posted:

Based on my limited experience with XY&Z yeah, they seem to only know four moves. At least Greninja always uses Double Team, Cut, Aerial Ace, Water Shuriken and nothing else, ever

Pikachu has also been Iron Tail, Thunderbolt, Electro ball, and Quick Attack for three or four seasons.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is Mega punch a good move? I have the TM for it, I could toss it on a nidoking or mankey in yellow.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My ideal Litten's final evolution would be a twelve legged four tailed displacer beast. Mid form eight legs two tails.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

mandatory lesbian posted:

i meant as far as making small children cry

In the Diancie movie my kid cried when Pikachu got turned into stone. Having only seen a very small portion of the show and being only three he had no trouble suspending his disbelief that this really was the end of Pikachu.

It's adorable too, whenever there's a gym battle, Ash wins a couple of the first matches but then the gym leader comes back and starts soloing his team with a mon, he gets super worried and says "Ok, that's as much as I wanted to watch."

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Also my kid is scared of Garchomp. Makes me skip any Garchomp episodes.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Which status condition is best for catching odds? Frozen, sleep, or paralyzed?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You know after Ash is done in Kalos Greninja is going straight in professor Oak's PC.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My last Wonder trade I got at a Rattata name MyDadHitsMe

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Part 1 of Ash vs Alain was loving LIT btw.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I wish I could be more excited for the show but Ash is such a loving loser and I'm expecting him to lose this League eventually like he did with the last five

Ash ain't a loser. The fact that he loses sometimes makes him a more 2 dimensional protagonist than the vast majority of shounen anime. And last time he lost in the league it was because he was facing some loving legendary farmer who abused gts or something. This year he has his own pseudo legendary, all his Pokemon except Pikachu are fully evolved, he has something stronger than mega evolution, and has defeated multiple legendaries and mega evolved Pokemon.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

mabels big day posted:

The anime doesn't have Brock which makes it harder to watch.

Brock sucks. Constantly begging every woman he see to gently caress. problematic. The future is now, thanks to science! Clemont is the best male companion, and Bonnie is show MVP.

greatn fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 11, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ConanThe3rd posted:

Two points;
I think you meant Three Dimensional and I love how we've treated the BW arcs as non cannon :v:

No I meant two dimensional. Most shounen characters are one dimensional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

GlitchThief posted:

I know it's unreasonable to expect fansubbers to change things according to my whims, but I do wish they'd just use the localized names, especially for the monsters themselves.

Also it kills me when they use honorifics where stuff like "Professor" is meant to suffice.

Also, I gotta ask: do these Pokemon Leagues have any rules at all? Magic stones that roid up your Pokemon and trainer/monster fusion seems... iffy?

Well mega stones are allowed in the game, I guess it's a little 1%ish that they'd be allowed when only an elite few probably have access. Trainer/monster fusion is brand new and no one has ever done it before in a tournament so there wouldn't be any rules against it. They aren't actually fusing, their souls are syncing up with one another. If Ash jumped in front of Pikachu to tank a hyper beam as he is often wont to do I'm sure that would be a disqualification, but he's staying in his trainer box.

• Locked thread