Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I thought that shiny Marill in Emerald was the only shiny I would ever find in the wild, but lo and behold:

I just now arrived to Ambrette Town, though. I am an absurdly slow gamer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Ugh, this is getting stupid. I'm trying to evolve Sliggoo but the areas that have rain simply refuse to rain. Are there any other areas besides Route 7, 8, 10, 14, Cyllage, and Ambrette where it rains?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Emalde posted:

I have yet to see any pictures of the Battle Chantelaine, so I took some pictrues of Evelyn since I'm doing Double Battle Maison and I can only assume other people are curious too: http://imgur.com/a/dwUeb

I'm in the process of going through all the starting Maison formats just so I can take pictures of all the Chatelaines, but I can safely say Evelyn is my favorite of the bunch.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I have taken photos of all the Battle Chatelaines!
http://imgur.com/a/OJuTX

Only after I've done all this did I see that there was a much higher-quality image set of them on tumblr :negative:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I was searching for Zapdos in Route 5 when all of a sudden I come across this little bugger:

It's got a crummy nature (Gentle iirc), but I'm sorely tempted to use him! Any suggestions for a good Scrafty set?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

What a ripoff of Robopon, jeez :colbert:

This post makes me wish I never gave away my copy of Robopon 2 Cross, I had fun with it even though I never beat it

It also makes me want someone to photoshop these new Pokemon logos onto Sunny and Sunzero

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Holy poo poo there's an owl starter

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I am picking the Owl but hoping it doesn't become an Eagle or something like how Oshawott becomes a whatever the gently caress Samurott is.

So you don't want it to be a badass like Samurott was?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

My hope for this gen is that the later Gym Leaders have more than three whole Pokémon on their teams and that the E4 members have five Pokémon again instead of four. That's been the most annoying part of the last couple of games (even though BW1 are my favorite Pokémon games).

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Nodoze posted:

How do you all like Turtwig over Chikorita, come on

Meganium is super dumb compared to Torterra

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Guilmon's the best, Digimon of the Year All Years

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I can't wait to travel around with a Rotom Pokedex friend

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

corn in the fridge posted:

Ive never played any pokemon games other than the gen 3 stuff. If I wanted to start playing gen 4 stuff which would be the best one to start with?

Skip D/P and go straight to Platinum, it fixes up a lot of issues from D/P

HeartGold and SoulSilver are also really good

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I stopped being invested in the anime when Dawn let go of her Ambipom so it could have a career in the world of national Ping-Pong tournaments

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I want more spin-offs/specials like Origins, that was cool

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I love how block bug looks like it has shades

Old Man Dragon is my favorite tho

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Rockruff is a nice name but I like the other name I came up with (Pebbooch)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Bear is strong and my friend. Reminds me of Ice Bear from We Bare Bears

Ghost is super adorable/creepy

Really I'm glad both of these have unique typings (Mega Lopunny doesn't count for Normal/Fighting)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

The thought of the red panda going around and wrecking everything in sight with that blank expression on its face is the funniest poo poo to me and that's why it's a good Pokemon

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Dreadlocks horse is fabulous

Super cool seeing a new Water/Bug type, hopefully it'll keep the typing upon evo this time

I can't believe there's a Pokémon based on a lei, that's awesome

Berry Pokémon reminds me a lot of Cherubi

Mimikyu keeping its Japanese name is cool, but Bewear is the most adorable name for the red panda

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I think they have to release Detective Pikachu over here now that Legendary is making a movie based off of it

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

less laughter posted:

BW1 are the best in the series

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I don't like Ghetsis' battle theme but other than that Gen 5 has incredible music, up there with Gen 2 as having the best soundtrack in the series

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I'm going all in on Rowlet this Gen unless Litten and Popplio have really cool final evos (I love all of them though)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Both versions of Shaymin are good, actually

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I want more news on Mega Evolution and/or Pokémon Fusion

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I loving flipped at Thin Exeggutor, holy poo poo. Was not expecting that or Pokémon variants at all, that's awesome.

Those birds are amazing

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

In order to survive on Alola, Eevee adapted itself and has now acquired every single Type that has been currently discovered

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I was one of those people who thought Gumshoos looked like Trump

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Killer Queen posted:

I think it's really lame that Rowlet turns into this stupid looking humanoid owl archer thing. It's extremely dumb and stupid and bad. Why can't an adorable owl just stay an owl? Owls are really sweet! I love owls and I really wanted a majestic owl final evolution! Why does it have to turn into an overdone humanoid? I hope the archer owl is an early concept sketch and has been canned, but I doubt that's happened. It's a shame. What a waste of one of the absolute cutest initial starter designs in Pokemon's history. :argh:

Archer Owl is my friend

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I literally said "Alolan Meowth when" yesterday and not even in like a serious tone. What the gently caress

I really love Bewear's prevo though, and the sandcastle Pokémon are similarly awesome

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I will probably use a certain theme for naming my team as I have in past games. I'm thinking of naming my Pokémon after My Hero Academia characters for Sun/Moon

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Seriously? A sand castle Pokemon? Nintendo has just run out of ideas at this point.... they might as well buy design ideas from Digimon!

This is a bad joke

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Why won't you let me hold you Baby Bewear...

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Everything about Lucario's design is perfect

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

i want to hug and pet the mini-bear and then get crushed by a hug when it evolves

Same, though Baby Bewear hates being touched so I will make sure it's okay to hug it first

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I'm crying tears of joy for Raichu

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Kawabata posted:

Well I think you're the one with brain damage, good sir. So I click the icon out of curiosity, no description whatsoever is given to me (japanese developers), my thought is "well it's trade, I surelly will have a way to choose what to trade for, or cancel the trade at some point" but hahaha no.

How is it even possible to be that loving bad at designing online features in 2013. Holy poo poo.

It's not the game's fault that you can't read

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I wish I could be more excited for the show but Ash is such a loving loser and I'm expecting him to lose this League eventually like he did with the last five

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

And yet it's fundamentally worse than the regular version even though it's way cooler

• Locked thread