Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pentaro
May 5, 2013

The weirdest thing just happened.
I was Wonder Trading some Dittos, and after a few minutes I get a trading request. It was one of the guys I WT'ed, trying to give me back the Ditto I gave him.

I guess he was too emotionally attached to his Doduo. :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

After dabbling a while with Pokémon eugenics, I'm ready to Wonder Trade a whole box of Torchics of varying natures. Gotta share the blessings.
Each of them carries a Moomoo milk and a custom dumb nickname, because some kids get extra pissed off about getting nicknamed pokeymans. :getin:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

BattleCake posted:

edit: Someone had a list of all the varying regions and what kind of Vivillions they resulted in, can anyone repost/link it?

Here you go.

I got a surprisingly low amount of poo poo Pokémon after wonder trading all those Torchics last night; on the other hand, japanese Charmeleon and Tyrunt with Pokérus. :monocle:

Everyone got a Nice!, but those two guys really earned it!

Pentaro fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Oct 21, 2013

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Is anyone else having issues using the GTS?

I can search and deposit Pokémon without issues, but when I try to trade with another user, it goes "Cheching GTS status..." for a few seconds and then a gray screen with "A communication error has occured. Press the POWER Button, and end the game". Every single time, and I have to do just that, because it's impossible to return to the main menu using the Home button.

I just want a Fennekin, Jesus Christ. :argh:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

What are the requirements to make the third pokémon appear in the friend zone safaris, besides the player being online and playing the game at the same time as you? Because I just spent quite a while wading around the same two monsters again and again and the dude's face is lightened up, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong (unless, of course, they have bullshit low appear rates).

Also, poison safaris shouldn't have Gloom and Ariados. That's cheating, game.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I couldn't get a Diancie code, how boned am I? Very?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Lanark posted:

Not at all, because I have an extra! I don't have PMs, but post your email and I'll send it over.

Holy poo poo, thanks!

Got it!

Pentaro fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 20, 2014

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I just got an email from the store I preordered the game on. Apparently the shipment's behind schedule or some poo poo so I'll have to wait 'til saturday. loving yay.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I finally goy Alpha Sapphire! It's amazing how the gift Beldum just trashes mons, even if I overleveled him and now he's all "gently caress you, you're not my real dad".

less laughter posted:

And make Bug weak to Poison and Psychic immune to Ghost again
I've always thought that Bug being weak to Poison kinda made sense, since real insects are weak to pesticides. :downs:

Fake edit: poo poo, now that I think about it, the loss of the Poison weakness could be explained in-world by Bug types acquiring pesticide resistance over time.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

less laughter posted:

Poison itself was also weak to Bug in gen I. Both were weak to each other.
Well yeah, but how often could you use a bug-type move against a poison pokeyman in Gen I? String shot doesn't count!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

less laughter posted:

Leech Life, Pin Missile and Twineedle. If you picked Bulbasaur it was 4x weak to all those annoying Zubats' most used attack.
Holy poo poo, you're right! I guess I blocked all those painful memories. Getting Leech Life'd while confused made me dread Mt. Moon.

Pureauthor posted:

Man Gen 1 kinda sucked

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I've been thinking about restarting my Y save. Will I have to get another sync ID for Pokémon Global Link?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

PSWII60 posted:

Yes, you will have to delete the old one first by requesting it through email. Then you can get a new one. It takes a couple days. You will also have to be online In game the same time as other people to re-unlock the hidden abilities and 3rd Pokemon in the friend safaris again.

Yikes, I guess I'll just restart without bothering with online stuff then. I just want an extra Yveltal to use as trade fodder.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

BuzzNav shows are amazing if you imagine the announcers as sarcastic jerks.

"Oh, you named your Voltorb BALLZAK? You sure put a loooot of effort into that one!" :jerkbag:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Guys, you need to read this. It's ORAS related and hilarious in how loving stupid it is.

Pokemon is killing Nintendo. Sure.

I think the author might be the same goon who once said this.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

cancerianmoth posted:

So I guess I'm the only one experiencing problems with Wondertrade. The communication keeps failing and its been like that all day.

I was going to ask the same thing. Three communication errors in a row, the other online features seem to work, though.
Also, got the Eon Ticket! :woop:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

How Ingratiating! posted:

Same here, and I've seen identical complaints popping up on the GameFAQs forum, so it's not just us. Maybe they're about to release the 1.2 patch?

Maybe they're starting a crackdown on all those Jirachis on GTS named "EBOLA friend of the family". Seriously, what the hell.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I want to thank all the people who have beds in their secret bases. You've made my Pokeyman journey a lot less annoying.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Back in the BW2 days there was a medal for beating the E4 using just one Pokémon. Is that still a thing? If so, how doable is it with something other than a Lv100 Arceus switching plates between each fight?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

What are the chances that Poké Crush might end up unlocking something interesting in ORAS, a la Manaphy? Gotta know if it's worth the time.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Did we ever found out what was the deal with the locked power plants in XY?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

PokéMexico. The enemy teams are drug cartels.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

If I breed two monsters, one holding a Destiny Knot and the other one holding a power item, will the child have 5 IVs from its parents plus the one defined by the item?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Carnivine is also pretty valuable, it seems like. Was able to trade a couple of them for Xerneas and Groudon, now my box legendary collection is complete. :downs:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Science. Magnemite, Voltorb, Rotom, Mewtwo and that stupid alien I never remember the name of all become Science-type.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I will not be surprised in the slightest if Pokémon Z ends up being exactly the same game as XY, plus the ORAS megastones and the Zygarde tadpole.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I'm going to start a new Black 2 save, and was thinking about a gimmick run using only Dream Radar Pokémon. However, the obtainable monster list seems kinda limited:
-Munna
-Drifloon
-Riolu
-Sigiliph
-Swablu
-Igglybuff
-Shuckle
-Staryu
-Porygon
-Bronzor
-Ralts
-Togepi
-Smoochum
-Rotom
-Spiritomb
-Hoothoot
-Slowpoke
-Beldum
-The loving genies
(I don't have any Gen IV games, bye Lugia and pals)

IVs are going to be all over the place (and way below perfect). Also, since they pulled GTS support and I don't know anyone who plays this poo poo, trade evolutions are a no-go, so RIP Slowking and Porygon*.
This is going to be single player, of course, so I'm going to need a swimmer (Either Staryu or Slowpoke), a flier (bunch of poo poo to pick, but I guess the solidest choice is to evolve Togepi) and a boulder pusher (Lucario? loving BRONZONG?). Also, Rotom.

I'm still thinking about this, but maybe it has the potential to be fun. Can't wait to crash and burn! :v:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I think it could be cool if Game Freak does the Pokémon Yellow thing for XY2 / Z: you get the Zygarde tadpole as your starter monster, and then people give you the other three guys as you progress through the story. It ain't gonna happen, but still.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

:mrgw:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Paul.Power posted:

Once more, with feeling - my OR team for the Elite 4:

Flywheel (Lv. 50 Torkoal) - After getting chumped by Steven's Spikes in Alpha Sapphire, I knew I needed to take a Rapid Spinner to the Elite 4, and Flywheel here fitted in best with the rest of my prospective squad. Flamethrower and that high defence stat also proved to be the best weapons for taking down his Metagross, too, so she ended up being 'Mon of the Match there.
Gillespie (Lv. 50 Swampert) - Didn't take a starter (or a mega-evolver) to either X or AS, so thought I'd mix it up. It may take frustratingly long to get Earthquake or Waterfall for him, but once I did he became crazily powerful. And Ice Beam let him roll Drake's team, too.
Bad Hair Day (Lv. 50 Mawile) - Two mega-evolvers on the same team got awkward at times, but Bad Hair Day's been a tremendous powerhouse for the team throughout the game - Huge Power is a hell of a drug.
MagNeato (Lv. 48 Magnezone) - One of those pokes I've been meaning to try out for a while, that crazy special attack stat came in handy plenty of times. Two lots of steel on the team, but hey, it's a good defensive type.
Springfield (Lv. 49 Dustox) - A regular ol' Toxic tank, following up with Venoshock for one-two punches, as well as being the closest thing the team had to a speedster. Sometimes you just have to stall out battles - unless they're against Dark types, in which case Bug Buzz generally did the job.
Fruit Flies (Lv. 48 Tropius) - Another one I've wanted to use for a while. It's a flying dinosaur with bananas on its neck, what's not to like? Had to hide from Glacia while the rest of the team took a bit of a pounding there, but still did a good job.

Honourable mentions go to Tea Leaf the Shiftry, Pelly the Pelipper, Bugsy the Armaldo, Aerospace the Latios, La-Z-Boy the Slaking and QueenOfSpeed the Sharpedo.

Previous E4 teams:

Y - Gladys, Ethel, Quentin, Ed, Douglas, Dorothy
X - Lapis, Bamboozle, Hydranger, Thumper, Jade, The Heavy
AS - Mozilla II, Fiesta Time, OneHitWonder, Fun Guy, Glow, Mrs. Batty

I remember the first time I found a Tropius back in the Sapphire days and thinking it was the coolest thing ever.
Then I learned this rad monster is widely regarded to be a piece of poo poo. :(

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

AccountingNightmare posted:

Has there been a Hoopa event announced for Australia? Did I miss it? :ohdear:

This same question, but for Mexico. :(

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I think I've posted this before, but Bug being weak to Poison made sense back in gen I. This isn't the case anymore because bug types have developed pesticide resistance. :science:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

A non-roundabout way to get Manaphy? Such a bright future ahead of us.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/687174643069763584

Come on, Kingler.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Chandelure, being a ghost, will be immune to Fighting moves. What a hosed up decision.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

He gets a pass because he's cool and a good guy.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I believe all 721 Pokey men should be represented in Pokken, for they all are great in their own special way.

Moltrey posted:

The reason there are so many fire types is because this is a Tekken Pokemon game so someone's gotta get thrown into a volcano.
It's gonna be a giant Torkoal

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Hjalmar posted:

where's looker. is the pikachu looker in disguise

Bill's teleporter mishaps strike again.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Hello friends. I, too, drew a cute pokeyman!

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I vaguely remember Masuda hinting that the next generation would take place in England, but I might be misremembering/confusing it with something else.

E:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

They were a little annoying, since it took three playthroughs of X to get them, but not so bad. The main difficulty is getting people to trade you Legendaries. :argh:
Before OR/AS, I got most of the legendaries I was missing by trading Cherubis. :shobon:

• Locked thread