Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm checking out Avengers EMH and getting pretty irl upset that it got cancelled for much shittier assembled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

Yeah it was good, but if you'd rather talk more about it there's a cartoon thread somewhere around here.

Oh, my bad.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh I didn't know Howard Stark was in this

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can only imagine ghost rider looking like poo poo considering tv cgi

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So i guess ghost rider will not be one of the seventy cameos in infinity war

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Cardboard Box A posted:

He'll just be CG so they won't have any issues with actors or whatever.

No, I mean because he's on aos he won't be in a movie

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

muscles like this? posted:

Robbie is a little different in that he doesn't look like he has a skull for a head and they could do it with a mask.

What 616 books is Robbie originally from? I only know him from secret wars ghost racers.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

muscles like this? posted:

All New Ghost Rider.

Cool I'll have to check that out

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If Robbie is just Steve McQueen with a flaming head I'm good

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Things that will happen in aos:

Black bolt talks

ummmm

Lockjaws a cat

Ummm

It doesnt have karnak

To be serious for a sec, if there's no inhumans movie you guysd think they'd change ms. marvel's origin if they wound up doing a movie for that?

site fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jul 28, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

Thank you Twitter for quickly nailing exactly what was bugging my about Superman in that picture.

Never gonna be able to unsee that now.

lol good catch

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's times like these I feel really bad for the guy who plays agent coulson, talk about getting a raw deal.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ah, I was under the impression that he was killed in avengers for the show. My bad.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

Yeah, I don't really feel real too sorry for the guy that got paid to do two or three days work every two years that has now been saddled with four plus years of steady work making much more money. Seems like he got the better end of the deal.

Even if he was it's still a better deal.

I have no idea what salaries look like but I'd assume he'd be paid fairly decently for roles that he would still be doing every year or two (although Sam Jackson didn't even show up in civil war at all which i thought was weird, so i mean that's not guaranteed I guess) but he also wouldn't be saddled with a show that people seen to regard as cycling between really bad and almost decent at best.

But yeah, work is work so...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
On a whim I decided to check out the Supergirl show and it's actually a lot better than i expected, but I just finished the episode where she and jonn convince her boss that she's not Supergirl and now I'm kinda really irked cuz they have a really good relationship going. Only halfway through though so maybe that'll change by the end.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Bruceski posted:

You're irked *because* they have a good relationship going?

No I'm irked because they decided that cat shouldn't know her identity. I think it would've made a lot of sense by that point for her to know because they have a pretty close relationship.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

wyntyr posted:

:agreed: also I would throw Thor 2 in that pile.

Is this whole Kareem Abdul-Jamar thing a play on KAJ introducing himself as Michael Jordan (assuming that Donald Trump wouldn't know the difference between them) or does someone in this thread not know what KA-J looks like? :psypop:

Search your feelings

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The new 50 cent show will be the turning point; where superhero television truly becomes art.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

Speaking of Supergirl news. Calista Flockhart is no longer a regular on the show. She's been downgraded to recurring guest star. Probably a budget/location thing now that it's on CW and filming in Vancouver.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/official-calista-flockhart-will-return-supergirl

I just saw this. Hope she gets at least some good screen time cuz Cat was easily the best character after Kara. :(

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Adam west

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
But i was told powers was so good and 50 was so good in it that they're giving him his own superhero show because of it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I like foggy

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I just don't want Clark to overshadow Kara in her own show and end up retitling season 3 the Superman and Supergirl show

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that JJ won't be in Cage in anything other than a small cameo, if at all, and they won't reconnect until Defenders and then starting in jj s2 they'll be in each other's shows

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

I thought this was just a joke until 30 seconds ago when i discovered she was actually on glee lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Doesn't JJ season 2 go into production soon? Like isn't she doing JJ and then right into Defenders?

I thought it was just if and defenders next year and then jj s2 in 2018?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Retro Futurist posted:

Isn't Nuke dead?

I mean, comic books so it doesn't matter, but still.

Well they took his body so he could come back as zombie super nuke I suppose

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ToastyPotato posted:

They need to just bump the Marvel schedule to 3 per year. The demand is there so why not? For now at least.

It's probably a lot easier to say make more of these specific shows when you're not trying to schedule production on 12 different shows or looking at the $500 million price tag for all of it

Plus you have to deal with whatever mandates marvel has

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Barry Convex posted:

Marvel Television is developing New Warriors as a half-hour comedy, with Squirrel Girl as a major (lead? it's not quite clear) character.

http://tvline.com/2016/08/30/squirrel-girl-tv-series-comedy-new-warriors-marvel/

Cautiously optimistic for this. I don't care about the new warriors but I don't want SG saddled onto a lovely show

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

omg chael crash posted:

What does an Executive Producer do? I know I could google it but I figure I'd get a more readable answer from you guys

I think EPs for television are functionally the same as directors are for movies

I'm sure I'll be proven wrong in a minute

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I really hope they aged her up before she slept with wolverine

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

That didn't happen.

I swear i remember you guys talking about that at some point but i guess i could be confusing that with someone else

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol that's great

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
im that dudes gold shoes

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It was just too good for this world :(

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hope it's the old school outfit with the big yellow vneck shoulder pad collar things

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
In the new pm/if he wears actual shoes and the outfit is solid with an emblem on the chest instead of the open v cut. Still has the ridiculous collar though, so i dunno what they're gonna do about that. Maybe they'll just ignore it.

E: that outfit without the collar looks good ^^

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Why is he still called Ghost Rider if he drives a car and in universe there's no history of Ghost Riders riding?

I don't really understand this second part, did the first iteration of gr not have a name

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ghost driver doesn't really have the same ring to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Ghost Rider in a car doesn't really make sense.

Neither did Knight Rider but it's still a cool name