Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dexo posted:

gently caress.Yes
This isn't that surprising. They've made it clear that they want to do a Black Panther film, but the question is when. Phase 3 is still very possible, since so far we just have Ant-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I hope they go somewhere with the clash between Cap and Fury over how SHIELD should operate.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

Cap 2 looks really good although the trailer was really light on the Winter Soldier. I really hope he's not just some loving silent antagonist who shows up for fight scenes and has zero development, like Lady Deathstrike in X-Men 2.

There will presumably be later teasers/full trailers which focus more on the Winter Soldier plot. I hope so, anyway.
I'm sure there will probably be a trailer a month from release that is all Winter Soldier.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Marvel just dropped a big story that they are launching several TV shows for the 'street' level heroes on Netflix starting in 2015. Right now that list includes Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage. It sounds like they will all get individual shows, but I get the feeling they want to tie them together.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

Variety are pushing that Superman/Batman is going to be basically be a backdoor Justice League pilot and that DC are possibly looking for a Wonder Woman and that Flash or other heroes may make an appearance.
Not really surprising. There are many ways they could do that in the next movie. I hope they go the route of having Batman see Superman as a threat at the beginning.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

greatn posted:

And thanks to Guillermo Del Toro it will probably be well liked, but way over budget and a financially unsuccessful.
Or not happen at all since he seems to attach himself to everything, and end up never making those things.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I don't get the love for Sachoff, she always comes off as too wooden. I guess maybe she looks close to what people are thinking, but I think overall that's a bad choice.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

ASM Goblin is iconic; nobody cares about what the Rhino looks like, or the goofy looking ASM Electro either.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I have no idea how they are going to be juggling WW in addition to a new Batman. I guess this is really more of a Justice League lead-in than a Superman movie.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Timeless Appeal posted:

I'm curious if there are even more villains in this movie besides Rhino, Goblin, and Electro. The six gates and the quick cameo of Vulture's wings and Doctor Octopus's tentacles definitely gave a full on Sinister Six vibe.
They do want to do the Sinister 6, but I guess the next film will have the other three villains before they have all of them in the 4th film.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Also there was a report from footage shown at Comic-Con a while back that included a scene where one of the classic Godzilla bad guys (one that flies, I don't really know a lot about Godzilla) terrorizes an airport and then Godzilla steps into frame to tussle.
Mothra?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I know there have been rumors for years about a Runaways film but I doubt that happens.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I think a Hulk sequel could have been a success post-Avengers, but we're past that point now. Maybe in Phase 3.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Deadpool's first appearance was in New Mutants, so that put him in the X-Men camp early.

I wonder if Hawkeye could cameo in the new Cap movie?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Wasn't one of the few concrete things said about Avengers 2 that Pym wasn't going to be in it?
Yes they have said that before.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Empire Magazine gives us the first look at the Winter Soldier, as well as the new uniforms for Cap and Black Widow:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It feels a lot more like a justification for any argument in CD half the time.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

teagone posted:

WB/DC needs to announce something with all these Marvel casting news bits breaking out :sigh:
Kevin Smith to direct Justice League

Hey, you said you wanted something.....

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Sounds like Deep Space Nine.
I don't really agree. I also don't really hear the complaints about S7 all that much.

Fringe's problem was S4 being a semi-reboot of the series. It plateaued at that point and had some moments the rest of the series, but I was very down on what they did starting with S4 onward.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Really not sure why Quicksilver is wearing all of that crap, unless it's supposed to be him in the '70s?

Toad, who I don't think was previously mentioned as being in this, looks bad.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I remember the marketing for First Class being pretty similarly bad like this, particularly when they released that first cast poster.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Has Marvel said if they are doing a Super Bowl ad?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah, that's amazingly dumb. Last time I have faith in Marvel Studios.
Because of a one-shot that will probably not be followed up on?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dacap posted:

They say something like "you stole his name, and he wants it back" and mention that the name has a historical association with war lords, etc.

They actually meant 'Trevor'

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Agreed, people need to calm down. Plus odds are this will never come up again, since we're done with that villain in the films anyway.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Variety's backing the Bettany thing up, but who knows if they just read the Mail or not. I wouldn't be surprised if the movie version was just a new suit Tony makes and he's just voicing it.
It makes perfect sense if they're doing Ultron and Tony is responsible for creating, or causing the creation of Ultron.

Plus they also have Scarlet Witch, so I suppose they could potentially set up that whole thing from the comics if they wanted.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

PupsOfWar posted:

Sackhoff isn't a good actress, but modern-era Carol is not a hard character to play, so it would probably not be the worst thing.
Sackhoff can't carry a solo film by herself though. I think she would be alright in an Avengers film as a supporting character though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sanschel posted:

What character is below Storm in those shots?
Sunspot

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The biggest problem is that they tried to do way too much. There are like 4-5 plotlines in a film that's not that long, and none of them are handled well. I also have no idea why they felt the need to put Angel in the film at all.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I hadn't heard that before but that's awful.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That doesn't even look like Hugh either.
And yeah Patrick Stewart looks ridiculous like that

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

I would guess the would go Ock, Vulture, Goblin, Electro, Lizard (depending on what Ryhs Ifans is like) and Venom.
It pretty much has to be...they've said they're working on a Venom movie, and we've seen at least some references to all of the other Sinister Six members already. I'm not sure how they will manage to keep Vulture from being extremely lame though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

TetsuoTW posted:

Oh God, the serum is wearing off! Steve's melting!
He looks like Robert Redford in Cap 2.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

Their excuse is that a lot of it is CGI which is unfinished which is why there's a difference in tone in the trailers they've released so far.
Part of the problem is that Fox loves short turnaround times for their movies. I believe that's what caused Matthew Vaughn to not do X3, and them having to bring in Brett Ratner.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

Those aren't contained within the running time of the film itself. Also, I thought which trailers were shown before the movie was largely a decision of the theater itself, isn't it?
I think it's because these are still Marvel properties, even if they are not under the Marvel Studios banner.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I think a Hulk sequel would do better now, after his appearance in Avengers. That last Hulk movie came in the wake of Iron Man, which was a surprise success, and The Incredible Hulk wasn't at that level. It was also a mess behind the scenes, so I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm just wondering how/when they are going to introduce Venom. They're going to do a solo movie, but Eddie Brock hasn't appeared in these films yet, and I don't think Flash was in ASM2?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I wonder if they would put Deadpool in X-Force before a solo film.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Where we're going, we don't need roads.
It does look like it could become the Batplane if necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

d00gZ posted:

I loving love the Nolan movies, but that's 50% because I like well-done Batman and 50% because I already loved Christopher Nolan before Batman Begins came out anyway. He's a director who lines up dead-on with my sensibilities and tastes, I've loved Batman for years, of course I'm gonna think those movies kick rear end. But what makes them so great isn't the "grimdark", it's the AMBITION. I like the Marvel movies, but for the most part, they don't really intend to be anything other than popcorn entertainment. And that's fine! But the Dark Knight movies fit both in the narrative of the Batman movie franchise and in the narrative of Nolan's oeuvre.

I guess I just wish Marvel would embrace the fact that you don't have to be grim and gritty to have higher artistic aspirations than "well, that was fun!" That said, I haven't seen Winter Soldier yet, and I hear it does a great deal towards that goal.
Go watch Winter Soldier, it's a lot of fun and does a great job of bringing the crazier Cap stuff to the big screen

• Locked thread