Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veotax
May 16, 2006

Old Man Pants posted:

What is he doing on the SHIELD helicarrier? Kinda makes the quip in Avengers about nothing surprising him and the $5 bet meaningless if he has been on it before. Of course I am just being a huge nitpicker so whatever.

Why would you think that it takes place after Avengers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The Goon posted:

Are you serious?

...gently caress that's a really dumb typo.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

I'm going to assume, since you used the actor's name and the character's name, that Magneto actually exists and did battle with Hugh Jackman, Hollywood actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhvXf86PsDM

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

Also, the teaser after the credits got everyone pumped as gently caress. I'm looking forward to that. Though I have no idea how they're going to handle the cast and everything going forward.

What was the post-credits scene? I was too hungry to stick around for it.

quote:

Bone claws look silly anyways.

Most of the film is in the past, so it's mostly bone claws.

Veotax fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 22, 2014

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ok, that sounds pretty good.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Isn't Ant-Man slated for 2015? They're not seriously going to try to hit that after all this bullshit, are they?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Anora posted:

The dance-off between Ronan and Starlord was great, I just loved his lines during that. "Gamora take over, subtle I'll take it back." "I'm distracting you, turd burgler." Those had me in stitches. I will see this movie again.

That said, man there was a lot of swearing in this movie.

My favourite part of that scene was Ronan being so utterly bewildered he drops the deep booming voice and just sounds like a normal dude when he asks "What are you doing?"

Veotax
May 16, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

I hear Big Hero 6 is good.

Shame it doesn't come out until loving February over here in the UK, for some reason.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Here in the UK it's straight-up illegal to let kids into movies they're too young for. Apart from 12A, under 12's can get into those if they're accompanied by an adult.

I think the first 12A movie was the first Sam Raimi Spider-Man, before that it was just 12 and under 12's weren't allowed in at all. Deadpool's been rated 15 over her.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

I like how there was a huge outcry when Loonatics was announced and then no one watched it and no one gave a poo poo and then they brought back a proper Looney Tunes show and no one gave a poo poo about that either.

The initial outcry was due to the extreme character designs they first showed off.

Then they redesigned them and I don't remember anyone giving a poo poo about the show beyond the designs still being poo poo.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Jamesman posted:

Wait a second. Batman has a dream about The Flash? Why is Batman dreaming about The Flash? How does Batman know about The Flash?

Do they explain that at all in the movie?

He wakes up from a dream and then a Boom Tube or something opens and the Flash is there in some weird armour trying to warn him about Superman. Then Batman wakes up again, it's probably trying to set something up for a later film.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I believe Namor was sold off separately from the Fantastic Four. Last I heard, I think Universal has the rights, I think.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Spider-Man was fantastic.

"Hey guys, you remember that really old movie The Empire Strikes Back?"

Veotax fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Comfortador posted:

Man I wish quoting something wouldn't reveal the spoiler to you hah. So I'm trying to stay as spoiler free as possible, how much is Spider-Man in it? I remember when they first got the green light they basically intimated that it was too late to put him into much of the story. How integral is he to the actual civil war outside of another combatant?

Minor spoilers regrading Spider-Man's in Civil War: Both Spidey and Ant-Man are mostly there for the airport fight, but since he hasn't had a movie to introduce him Pete gets a recruitment scene that tells you what his deal is (in pretty vague terms, he doesn't recite his origin or anything).

• Locked thread