Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

13 INCH DICK posted:

And I found out why my water pump was leaking :argh:

What's wrong with this picture? I'm learning :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

EightBit posted:

Stripped out bolt hole on the top, which leaves almost half of the pump un-clamped, so water just comes out as it pleases.

Thanks!

How do you fix something like that? Tap it for the next size up bolt?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I swear, when I get a garage and/or yard I'm getting a tiny fuel efficient car :saddowns:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I think that car is loving awesome, and I know awesome.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
You're asking a pitbull not to eat babies?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I drove an electric smart car as a rental from car2go and thought it was pretty cool, though it had a limiter set at 65mph.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Me neither.

Not through my user name or anything.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Do you get 7 letters on your plates?

GNRLREE

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
God this is such a stupid idea, and It's not even cool looking. Don't do it dude, even in a perfect world where nobody ever drops an exhaust manifold on their dick you're only going to get about 10 minutes of fun out of this thing. A buttload of dollars probably to get it running only to find out that it just broke again because you stepped on the gas too hard and it caught on fire.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
OK I changed my mind - get on it 13"

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I can't seem to find the Haynes manual for this car, weird.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Like we all havent had that time where we took way too many psychedelics and barricaded the front door with the couch after collecting all the sharp instruments in the house and carving all the eyes out of every poster in the place before retiring back in our pillow and blanket fort for a little aftenoon whittling

This may have changed my plans for what to do at camp this weekend...

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Ugh - clean that poo poo man.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Fair enough.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Viggen posted:

I'm sure you think this is funny. I don't. If you had any idea the hell I have gone through and CONTINUE to go through every day, you'd probably understand why this isn't something I appreciate. Please stop. I don't find it funny.

Don't be selfish.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

I've never seen On-board air in a civic before, that's pretty smart thinking!

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Wait, is it broken?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Well that sucks :(

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Underwater welding? Oil rig?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Welcome back now post a loving picture of your cat. We're due at least one.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
You are driving the wrong car for a guy that is even remotely susceptible to road rage.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
You need a little whip antenna with a bright red flag at the end. Otherwise you're going to get backed over eventually :(

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Ooh this thread is getting good! Anyone want to cyber?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Hahahaha man oh man. Don't you always feel so much less stress when you realize how big of a bullet you dodged? All the stress that leads up to a possible last minute acquisition, just gone.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I love how after towing 2 vehicles with my shoebox of a car with a whopping 53hp SAE gross when new, people decide protégé chat is more interesting :v:

It's easy to tell who's driven a protege and who hasn't :smug:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Man, there have to be at least a dozen better joke cars to use than the PT cruiser :(

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I worked with a girl that owed a bunch of money on a PT cruiser and was behind on payments, but it was a piece of junk. Her dad put literally five thousand dollars into the thing to get it into good shape, and two weeks later they repossessed it. They repoed it guys.

She wasn't that smart, and I guess the tree that she fell off of wasn't either.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Thats what's important

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

14 INCH SLIT posted:

To be fair though I hydrate like a mofo and have had legitimate heat exhaustion/stroke 3 times this summer and counting, one on a day that dared to hit 80 degrees

Yeah you might want to check the thermostat - if you need a new one make sure to test it in a pot of boiling water before you install it.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Oh behave!

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I'll donate a dually rear end from 1954.

e: you pay shipping

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
How long until you start acknowledging the subtle cues from the universe?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

meatpimp posted:

It was before I worked on my own cars. I was ~23 years old. The car had an exhaust leak start from the exhaust manifold area. Mechanics quoted me ~$500 for the repair. The car was a week late in getting finished, the mechanic had some sob story about how the car was much more of a problem than he thought it would be (the factory had double-gasketed ONE of the cylinders at the exhaust manifold) and charged me $1800. I paid with a check, just to get the car out of their possession, then stopped payment on the check. In hindsight, I should have just sent them a follow-up check for $500, but I didn't because I was young and found something in the law that says "if you don't get a written estimate, then the shop is liable for triple the amount of the bill."

I brought that up in court, the judge agreed with me, but said I had to bring that up in a separate action and, since I didn't counter-sue for that, he couldn't give it to me. So, he ordered me to pay the $500 and I sold that fragile piece of poo poo.

Was it a fun car to drive? How was the power and handling?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
If you don't have cats, neither should the camaro :getout:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Man, it would be ironic if my dick was also broken but its not, sorry :(

Because we both have fun dick names

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
A tip for the future - try not to go to bed and/or wake up next to a crazy person. I did it for 7 years before the divorce.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
You need a girl that reads books, not a girl that burns them to stay warm.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Everyone enjoy your Flu beanies!!!

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Requesting tally of vehicles currently owned, currently promised to you, and currently looming on the horizon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

R is equal to running vehicles.

Too smart for my blood

• Locked thread