Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I adjust the sliders so the AI pitchers have a bit more control but throw way fewer strikes. I'm still in the bottom five league wide for walks but I'm not 30th! I usually get like 3-5 walks a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
For whatever it matters I would be happy with a 7 inning league but sad with quick counts.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Yeah the day The Show comes out I'm buying a PS4 and I guess giving my PS3 to an orphanage or something idk.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Eh I'm just gonna wait for the PS4 version. I hate going into gamestop, and by May the opening day rosters will be all sorted. Speaking of how are player ratings? Any weird stats stand out or anything?

Also, quick counts does not sound like something I'd like at all.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

ShadowedFlames posted:

Third game in Double-A with the knuckleballer. CG shutout on 136 pitches (granted, only on Veteran).

Still, 136 seems rather high for a pitch count in Double-A. Should've been yanked after 6, was already at 101 by that point. The hell was the manager thinking?

If it's the same as in 13 in minor league ball the manager will leave you in there forever. In MLB he will pull you at 68 pitches in the 6th with 10ks, 2H, and 0ER, after you walk your first batter.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Went ahead and pre-ordered the PS4 off Amazon. Apparently I get a controller skin, which is neat.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
This game seriously does look gorgeous. The Show 13 looked really good on PS3 already, I was amazed what they managed to get out of that outdated little box.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Must play by ear

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Eifert Posting posted:

I imagine you could with a few seasons worth of play. I preordered on PSN so I just plopped the free 5000 into contact and speed. My guy's an 86 overall towards the tail of his first season. Still a C potential though as the best hitter in AAA at age 19, somehow. :psyduck:

All of the dingers.

Yeah how do those potential grades even work? They seem completely meaningless.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
The show always has the weirdest god damned soundtrack.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

paint dry posted:

It's always all over the place. Like they try to make a soundtrack everyone will like but end up panicking and pleasing noone. Seems even worse than usual this year.

I remember it used to be pretty ok, alternative rock, inoffensive rap, some R&B but this year is just the most random poo poo possible. I've only heard of I think one group on it.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Kanish posted:

What s the deal with my online games having my SP tired so early? I just started a game with the Rangers and Darvish started out with the message "Darvish is getting tired"

Did you accidentally select a tired pitcher? He won't regain his energy until you use your other starters.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Oh Adaira posted:

I completely stopped doing pickoff attempts at any level because of the unrealistically high probability it will end up in the stands. If I see a guy take an extra step, I just step off the mound and hope he doesn't do it again. If he keeps getting an extra lead I make sure to not throw off-speed. I'm seeing a lot of bad pickoffs even in the majors. Also I pretty much gave up on getting an extra lead at first since it's very likely I'll get picked off.

Are you always doing the fast pickoffs? Try the slow ones, they don't seem to airmail as much.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Oh Adaira posted:

I didn't know there was more than one way. I'll check the controls and see which one I've been doing later. Thanks!

Holding the button, tapping it, and tapping it fast are different. Hold is deceptive, tap once for routine, multi tap for fast.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Hockles posted:

Was there a patch or something today?

All my settings were reset and some other stuff seemed off.

e: My profile is also reset. What happened?

Did you screw around on beginners mode in RTTS or anything like that? Maybe accidentally click left while adjusting settings and set it to a rookie profile?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Man the AI really picks my dudes off at first a lot. I'm not talking in road to the show either, just regular play. Pitchers are about 50% with pickoff attempts.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

jackofarcades posted:

Don't take a lead, just hold R1 to lean. I've got like a 90% steal rate on a 70 speed guy with just leaning.

Yeah that's what I do in RTTS, I'm talking about in regular play.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Ether Frenzy posted:

The astros #7 guy just bunted in the 9th to break up my no hit/perfect bid. Super cool, guy. It went 9 inches and then the third baseman, catcher, and my pitcher all sat around and debated who was going to pick it up. The terrorists won.

2014 is better than games in the past have been but I still get hosed on bunts occasionally. Sometimes the AI will bunt, my catcher becomes the active fielder so I push up on the stick, then it auto-switches to the pitcher. The catcher just stands still and the pitchers runs away from the ball. Sometimes the third baseman swoops in and picks up the ball after the runner has reached first, taken off his shinguard and gloves, and become bored.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
PSN is absolute shambles, it has to be the mad rush for Destiny.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
If you're bored with the game I highly recommend downloading the greatest of all time roster. The Yankees line up is peak Jeter, DiMaggio, Ruth, Mantle, Gehrig, Cano, Maris, Berra, and Arod.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

jabro posted:

Is the fantasy league ever going to get off the ground or was it just a "wouldn't be great!" post? Don't make me start it because we'll be using the greatest all time roster download.

I 100% support this idea, just be aware the Yankees are completely unfair and Tampa bay is basically it's current roster against Babe Ruth, Cy Young, Bonds etc. A lot of the teams are just insane so balance is a bit funny.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

jabro posted:

It's a fantasy draft so all of that is not a problem.

Oh haha whoops. In that case let's do it!

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Alan Trammell posted:

I tried to create an RTTS using the all-time roster and the game crashed :(

I assume it's because there aren't enough players in it to fill up the minor leagues.

No there aren't, and it's actually got quite a few...strange roster problems. There's a modern day A-rod on the Yankees who's like a B- talent level. There's another A-Rod on the Mariners who's A+. Also the Yankees have prime 2B playing Alfonso Soriano and modern day outfield tragedy Alfonso Soriano. Along with young and old Derek Jeter.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

jabro posted:

With that being said let's get the Fantasy Draft Greatest of All-Time League started! Post here with PSN Name and the team you want to be. We will be holding a draft so don't base your team decision on the players of that team. Draft time will be decided when we have the league members. League format will be depending on how many player we have but a round-robin format will be the most likely.

Dubious only has dibs on Puckett if he gets the first pick. But if he fondles and knocks-out a stranger in a public bathroom he automatically gets him.

Astros - jabro (I might change if the Colt .45 jerseys aren't a throwback)
Mariners - Dubious
Fgdavis - Giants
IceFortJohnnyAce - Reds

LeeAnimal21-Boston or w/e

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I'm never going to get a perfect game. I'll have one until the seventh and then my third basemen lets a weak grounder by, then the run gets driven in, then I give up four more.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Paperback Writer posted:

I'm pretty new to the game so I have a question. How come every online ranked or exhibition match I play it uses the other players' settings and never mine?

Did you challenge?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Accepted my invitation.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
You have to go to online franchise and manually check "my invitations" you don't get an alert.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Any nights but Friday or Saturday (I know) work for me.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

jabro posted:

With everyone but Obama chiming in it looks like tonight, Sat., and Sun. Are no-goes. Monday at 830PM EDT/ 530PM PDT good for everyone? I'll bring cupcakes.

That works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

jabro posted:

I activated the league to be ready for tomorrow. The documentation for this game is lackluster at best. I have a flashing thing saying Draft is ready, enter to begin so we will what happens tomorrow. I will start a party chat and invite everyone so we can laugh at Dubious for taking Kirby Puckett #1 overall. I heard the draft is something crazy like 90 rounds so we'll be stopping after the 25 man rosters are filled and let the computer do the rest.

Hey uhhh I'm dumb and have a final tonight. If there is an autodraft please just do that for me as punishment for not being able to read despite being in college.

• Locked thread