Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The talk about Target in Canada kind of reminds how Walmart got its poo poo pushed in Germany because they didn't understand the culture and also tried to gently caress with the unions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

I wish I lived in Canada where people don't bother you to buy their stuff.

Come to Finland, we give people their personal space.

Here is a Finnish bus stop:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm still disappointed that you guys did Guilty Gear so early because you didn't get to show off Leo who is the loving bomb.

That is just a good excuse to play it again.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I can't find a JoJo thread, so: I watched the first episode of the anime and I'm reading the first part of the manga and they have absolutely nothing to do with each other so far. Where does the anime begin relative to the manga?

Are you sure you actually started on the first episode of the anime or the first part of the manga? The Jojo anime is currently on Stardust Crusaders (part 3) but they did the earlier parts as well.

Edit: There are threads for both the anime and the manga in ADTRW.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jan 28, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wiseblood posted:

Wow, people are actually complaining in the latest NMH video that Matt had a content warning before Jeane's slowed down backstory. How can anyone possibly have a problem with that?

Why are you still paying attention to youtube comments?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dias posted:

Maybe, if you were a elementary school conselour and they got expelled or something.

I would image that taking students to meet your parents is a bit frowned upon.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Not including a charger was a bit of a dick move, but the transfer process is really painless. You just follow the instructions and press ok a few times. I have no idea why that is a big deal to some people.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Depths posted:

The fact that if you lose your 3ds, you lose all of your digital purchases because all your poo poo is tied to an account that can be LOST FOREVER. Thats such goddamn bullshit. I just checked and i can confirm its the year 2015!!!!!

You can just call Nintendo to get your purchases restored if your 3DS breaks/is stolen.

(They should still have a modern account system)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Genetic Toaster posted:

I love watching Pat and Woolie spend like, 15 minutes crafting the perfect jacket and then never equip it.

It's just too perfect to be worn.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There is approximately zero chance that the animation does justice to Murata's art.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

What the hell is this mystery box game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope no one even mentions Bloodborne because not being able to play it makes me extremely sad.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

These boys are past due for a brawl.

The only question is will they use the AMIIBO SUPPORT in the new Mario Party 10 WITH AMIIBO SUPPORT?

I'm actually kinda into the new Mario Party, I know me and my friends will like it, it's just kinda nuts that 99% of the info they put out was pure Amiibo stuff and an offhand 'you can play Bowser mode too'.

Does the new one still have the lovely thing where all players move together in a single cart?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

to be fair they did give it a full decade of games before they realized they had to try changing things at some point.

And managed to make it worse in every single way.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AXE COP posted:

why am i not surprised that dark souls players are making GBS threads on someone making mistakes in the literal first time they have ever played the game

As a person who has never touched Bloodborne, many of his mistakes were really obvious. Like ignoring tutorials.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

At least Fatal frame just got confirmed for western release. Also SMT x FE actually exists.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Well, Bloodborne can probably be emulated on PC in like 20 years.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stop not being my age.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dexie posted:

I think they're going in the wrong direction.

They aren't.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Why? You die and go to the Hunter's Dream and then you choose which lantern you respawn at to even get back into the game.

Because the loading screens are already too long and I don't want that extra hunter's dream load there.

I also wish you could teleport between lanterns without going to the hunter's dream like in Dark souls 2.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lets hang out posted:

looking forward to them selling the other clothing set without ever looking at it and everyone in the youtube comments fully melting down

I wonder how many angry tweets they get about Bloodborne each day.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

They are going to get the most important missable stuff anyway because angry people will bug them on twitter about the stuff they miss. Then they will probably check those things out in the next recording session.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 14, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PiedPiper posted:

drat, they get so greedy when fighting with Blood-Starved Beast. I don't blame them, though.

They just didn't get greedy enough. Should have been more aggressive. Blood starved beast is really non-threatening when you are on its side.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm so happy that they died to the sack guy.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pat and Woolie could kill those bag guys pretty easily if they just realized how great the Charge R2 on the halberd is. Yahar'gul is also a really cool zone.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Are they not at a point yet where they can just buy a poo poo ton of vials?

They have always been able to buy them and the vials are fairly cheap too. There is really no reason to ever run with under 20 blood vials or less than full health. It will probably take a while before they realize that, like lifegems in DS2, you should always have a shitton of vials on you.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hubris.height posted:

doing repeat attempts at a boss results in having no souls for buying the vials and also in a shortage thereof

i'm pretty deep in the game and often find myself choosing between a level up and stock piling a ton of vials for the next boss

That's why you save all those consumable items that give you souls until you really need them and don't want to grind. A single level really isn't much in the grand scheme of things so I would always choose the vials in that situation. After a while I just stopped running out of vials though.

That said, they really should have just used the system from DS1. Vials (or ammo to be honest) being consumable doesn't really bring anything to the table, it's mostly just an annoyance.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HGH posted:

Meanwhile Pat and Woolie have found a Greatsword and are splooshing all over it and oh no are we going back to DS2 now?

Probably since Ludvig's Blade is usually regarded as the best weapon in the game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kimmalah posted:

That doesn't mean you can't change it up occasionally, most of the equipment does just fine if you keep up with upgrades. I've gotten all the way through to Byrgenwerth with just the starter weapons.

All of the souls games can be completed with any weapon. It's just a matter of finding a weapon that has a moveset you really like. Personally I really like the Hunter axe and beat my first Bloodborne run almost exclusively using it in the Halberd form.

The Ludvig's Holy Blade is just a really good combination of a versatile moveset, good damage, coolness factor and great stat scaling. I wouldn't be surprised if Pat and Woolie stick with it for the rest of the playthrough.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

I just want to say that Bloodborne is loving rad and I'm so glad it was the game that made me finally get a PS4. I stayed up until 5:30 this morning playing it and am about to jump back into it. I finally get what all the hype is about. I think I'm just about done going through Old Yharnam and those fights with the other hunter in the courtyard and that rear end in a top hat on the tower that was working the chaingun were tense.

I also waiting until Level 30 to take down the Cleric Beast because I'm a pussy.

The other hunters in Bloodborne can be real assholes sometimes. Like that shotgun guy who killed Pat in the last episode.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea Kai isn't really a new show, it's a fix of Z where they throw out most of the filler, make the style better, that kinda stuff. It's been forever since the last proper Dragonball show.

Does it still have the filler episode where Goku and Piccolo try to get driver's licenses? That episode was art.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

They should have an episode where Liam shows them how to properly play Souls games (balls to the walls aggression)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

It's weird, because from the latest podcast video we can see the American flag draped recliner he's always on and it's filthy and ghetto as all hell.

But it's HIS filth that's on it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Perfect Potato posted:

Every update how far Shitheel Pat played on ahead of the LP grows mysteriously longer and more spoiler laden

To be fair, that wasn't really playing ahead. He just managed to get patches earlier and stopped when something new resulted from that.

I'm just happy that they probably aren't going to miss Nightmare frontier and Cainhurst now.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

This LP really isn't doing anything to dissuade me from thinking that Sonic Adventure is loving terrible.

Also, Jeff Gerstmann is right about Nights.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Kins posted:

It was really really cool when it came out!

In 1999!

It was terrible in 1999 and it's terrible now.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

My favorite part of discussions about Sonic Adventure/2 will always be the droves of people that fall all over themselves in a desperate bid to tell you how poo poo it is and more often than not, not even give a reason why they think that.

It sure is weird that people will say that a bad game is bad. The gameplay is terrible, the level design is bad, the game is barely works, everything is just loving bad.

(Okay, the music is alright)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Oh it's not weird. Sonic Adventure is, from an objective standpoint, not a very game. All factors considered, however, it definitely stands out from other generic platforming games of the time. I just think it's funny that consistently, every time the game comes up anywhere, you know there will be one or two posters right there 5 minutes after the discussion started swoopin on in just to go "UM hey you guys know this game is poo poo garbage trash for babies right?? anyway that's all see ya".

To be fair, in this case it's related to LP since Liam is arguing that the game is in fact not terrible.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Eh, Big the Cat section of Sonic Adventure is obviously better than Bloodborne anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's a new Mystery Box Cryme Tyme!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITynSLwn-ek