Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I loved the Until Dawn LP. It's such a great game and Matt managing to save everyone on his first go is just incredible. I just wish they'd have given the Events of the Past another watch before the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I beat Undertale recently and I'm wondering, is there gonna be a problem, recording wise, when the game force-quits itself multiple times at the end?

I also hope they don't stop when they get the neutral ending.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Pat's only real problem with the game is that Undertale leans heavily on its sense of humor but he didn't find most of it funny. Or at least that's my takeaway from his podcast rant. Even between that and his hatred of the hype machine he still thought of it as a pretty good game.

It's kind of fun when Pat hates on something because it takes a half hour of backtracking and rationalizing on his part to get to his real opinion that is perfectly reasonable.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 13, 2015

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Odobenidae posted:

Am I the only one noticing the game audio being out of sync on this year's shitstorm videos? Something like a full second ahead of the actual video. It's a lot more noticeable in certain videos and seemingly absent in others, but it really fucks with me once I become aware of it.

I noticed it on the (Vessel) Beginner's Guide video it seemed that the sound was ahead of the video, with Liam and Woolie often reacting to things before they appeared on screen.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

A game that poo poo's its narrative and thematic pants super hard right at the finish line. Because it's supposed to be the narrator telling a story about someone real (Who is obviously not but whatevs) and their experience with them and their (Hilariously wrong) interpretations of the games they make and going through just their games. But then you play a game not made by them where suddenly the narrator seems to be talking live and not as a pre-written script and also reveals that the games were all edited well ahead of time by the narrator so anything you could gleam from them is already hosed.

TGB is interesting but not very good.

What do you mean it was revealed they were all edited? I didn't see that, unless you mean the "stop adding lamp posts to my games" line which I thought was just a really obvious metaphor for "stop trying to find a solution to my life" rather than the narrator literally messing with the games.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The narrator literally coming clean when he makes the bridge saying he's edited the games already (The house one he's talking about there). That fact plus the fact that he constantly is jumping you ahead through a lot of the puzzles/mazes 'Code' put in makes it seem a lot more literal about lightpost thing.

The lightposts aren't coda's style, most of their games are uncomplete-able by design or at least very very very tedious to get to the end to (The game where you play with teh your eyse closed for example. The lightposts both as ideas and objects never fit anything coda designs., but here they are, at the end of every single game, even the ones you were never ever supposed to be able to 'beat'. It's why the Fortress, a game super heavy-nhandedly telling Davey to gently caress off and leave them alone features traps you'd have to cheat through, because it's a hard message to deliver, but they knew Davey would do it, do anything, to get to the end. Clear endings and focal points and reasons aren't something 'coda' ever really focused on.

Yeah you're right, I'd somehow forgotten he'd said that despite playing through the game and watching the video. I think the rest of your post is spot on too. Sorry about instantly caving in on a potentially interesting conversation.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Have Woolie and Pat do the genocide run. Let them tear down everyone and everything we know and love while Matt and Liam keep their good ending. The entire LP is Pat switching between making GBS threads on Undertale because its overhyped and then going "oh my god this is so cool" while Woolie fails maybe 300 times to beat either of the two actual fights in the run.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Podcast is out and- :stare: :nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a7Bl8dYRJc :nws:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I hated how it basically undid all the character development he had in season 1 and then added a touch of crazy on top of that. Or at least that's the impression I got of him from episode 2, which is where (and why) I stopped playing.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

HOLY poo poo FRIDAY NIGHT SALTYBET

Vessel: HOLY poo poo THE NARUTO MATCH

WOOLIE'S FACE

THE CRASH

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The best possible end to a Saltybet video :allears:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Shindragon posted:

1.4 mil now with 3 days left. It definitely started to pick up momentum now.

Only needs 67,000 now. e: 66,000

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 2, 2015

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Dias posted:

Mine's still Undertale, but Ori is a good-rear end game. 2015 was a good-rear end year for good-rear end games (and announcements) of all kinds.

Ori and the Blind Forest would be one of my favorite games if it didn't lock you out of your save file after beating it. Let me go back and get 100% after I finish the story, or at least make the point of no return incredibly obvious before I pass it. I know it's a dumb thing to get upset about but it really lowered my opinion of the entire game that I couldn't go back and finish exploring/collecting poo poo.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Pat is crazy greedy about those charged hits in Bloodborne. He'd beat every boss in half as many attempts if he just took what was there with normal hits rather than charging for 3 seconds and then eating poo poo every single time.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I like "Dickylicky" and "Druggy"

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Why does the newest Fisticuffs lack the opening theme music?

e: it starts up like 30 minutes in??

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 13, 2016

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Seriously, it's making me want to watch Naruto, and I've never even watched it before.

Stop after the timeskip, skip any episodes involving the third Hokage's grandson and/or Ebisu(?). I mean, if you want the best Naruto has to offer, rather than the worst it has to offer. Although that might be the appeal?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Ruggington posted:

Right up the timeskip is like three years of filler so

Avoiding filler should be an unspoken rule.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Ruggington posted:

Sharingarm

God drat it's been loving years since I heard about this and it still sends me into a fit of laughter every time.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I honestly love this group of losers that makes up our protagonists in FFX. Half the group is literally getting bullied schoolyard style. The other half are failures for life (and Sir Auron, but I'm sure by the end of this we'll find out that Sin was his fault or something).

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Rodyle posted:

So many god drat people believe it too! It's a lie, the cooler side character is always a lie! If the series was about them, they'd be ruined.

When viewed from afar, all you can see is the potential in a character and their story.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Oh boy that podcast title.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Sppaman didn't win the right way :colbert:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

WHO THE gently caress IS BILLY?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Balls exposed on stream mere seconds after clicking on the link A++++.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I've gotta become the strongest ninja there is, because one day, I'm gonna be the mayor! Believe It!

Gaara, I can't believe you became mayor so soon after your father, the previous mayor, died left office!

Naruto... becoming hokage the political process is a lot more difficult than you think it is.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 16, 2016

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Liam's delivery in that video got me good for some reason.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The Naruto lp reaching the bottom layers of despair and misery only to have the cutscene ruined by a random npc standing right in the middle of the dramatic moment gave me some really hard laughs.

Dramatic Moment Destruction no jutsu

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Wow Pat is really bad at Xcom, even considering that hilarious activation.

e: this is gonna be a real short lp holy gently caress

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 20, 2016

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

XCOM video 3: Pat finally lucks his way into a win only for the AI to effectively go "you didn't win" and spend all of its actions killing civilians lmao

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

How is there filler AFTER the Sasuke Retrieval arc has started??? Like what the gently caress, he's getting tons of distance while you're picking drug mushrooms!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Spoiler for Operation Diamond Stank, Xcom.jpg:

e: somebody photoshop a twister game mat underneath them tia.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 27, 2016

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's OK, they just got through the last of the filler. They're literally about to meet up at the village gate to start the actual story. There can't possibly be filler in the middle of the mission... right?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Who the hell am I kidding they're going to walk away halfway through the kimimaro fight to go beat up some ninja from the void village that want to steal all the ramen broth in the leaf village.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Pigbuster posted:

115 credits is enough for another squad to throw into the meat grinder!

Operation Brutal Sky 3: The Last One

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

This Naruto lp has gotten so hosed that Pat has become the (relatively) excited optimist.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's like you can see the exact moment in that game when the budget dried up.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

God I wish they'd made it through those last few overwatches, Ana Castro was so close to becoming a loving legend.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I agree with Pat on the immortality issue. While you're all dead I'll be the stall next to Pat, going crazy but still being alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Tae posted:

Once again, people defended Vic after all this.

edit: I'm not watching the zelda LP but apparently Woolie called Kinu Nishimura a lovely artist?

He said specifically that "Nishimura is not a bad artist, just not on the same level as Shinkiro".