Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
hey all, it was only when this thread got closed that i realized i should be posting in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pick posted:

We remember Jeremy Bentham and he seems to be respected just fine. We chose to preserve Lenin so he'd be extra-respected. It's a thing you do when something is so important that it shouldn't rot like a worthless human corpse.

My collection is willed to my old college, too, so even when I die my collection will go somewhere that they'll be appreciated.

catholic, orthodox, and buddhist relics are the most respected things around

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
hello ladycrew

i feel like poo poo today

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pick posted:

:( what's sucking?
it's been eight days since i came back to the us but i think i am still jet lagged

i really do not like travel, but i'm getting a phd in german history so :owned:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Fruity Gordo posted:

the brooches out of dead loved ones makes sense though because a lot of it must have been happening before photography and portraiture was just the province of the rich so making something beautiful out of your dead relatives would kind of be the only tangible connection you'd have to the dead, especially if you lived far away from their graves

that's why you take photos of their corpses, which is another thing people did back then

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

my friends mom kept his big afro he grew on a bet in a tupperware tub in her closet

you could grow a new friend from that

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

LingcodKilla posted:

Things to do with dead peeps. When my uncle passed he was cremated and I was tasked with going to Montana and scattering his ashes in his special place. My grandfather made the odd request of saving a very small bit and returning it to him. So I got a frame and mixed the tablespoon of ashes with Elmer's glue and secured a picture of the scattering site to it. He seemed happy.

your grandfather is a dark wizard

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Putty posted:

sexiest anime boy

dont sign your posts

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Enfys posted:

My limited experience with paleo diets is that the people on them develop some kind of brain disease that makes them incapable of having a single conversation without somehow bringing it up.
every subculture convert is like that. new religion, new diet, became a brony, they all want to talk to you about it

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
making this, let's see how it goes:
http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/potlikker-noodles-with-mustard-greens

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Crow Jane posted:

That looks awesome, I love collards. Really any dark leafy green is delicious, though.

using mustard greens because i prefer the bitter taste

and muscat orange champagne vinegar instead of red wine vinegar because gently caress red wine vinegar

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
most of the time i can't give blood because i spend all my free time getting tattoos and you have to wait between one and the other

when i am eligible to give blood, i do so

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Donkay NOoo posted:

I am shocked at people never having the flu before, I had it yearly or more as a kid until my 20s, then it was once every 2 or 3 years. As a kid I was pretty much death warmed over with the flu, I guess I was just sickly :(

Nope, never. I almost never get sick though.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Crow Jane posted:

There are saloons that give mani-pedis?!?!?

that would rule

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Crow Jane posted:

Find out what little ethnic markets are in your area, and buy your spices and things there. They'll be much cheaper and usually better quality than grocery store stuff as well. Those places usually have really good produce too

oh god, the meat at halal grocery shops :swoon:

and if you're lucky they'll make their own cheese

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Shannonmcn posted:

I also eat like poo poo. I srsly need to stop with the pasta/rice every night. I'm such a fatty now I have a desk job :(

I have one of those split slow cookers for doing two different things that I got for my birthday. Suggestions ladythread? Chilli? Stew?
pulled pork and other bar be cued meats

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

poppy powder tastes like the worst thing, this is probably fake

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Crow Jane posted:

Eyes are nice. I don't think I could date anyone who didn't have them.

i only have one. :(

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

bathroom sounds posted:

As a male, I don't know how to properly cleanse & moisturise my face. Please advise.

go to AssassinPrincess's princess thread in A/T and ask her

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Angela Christine posted:

I am the physical embodiment of cat romance.

same, but cat soldiers

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pick posted:

an amish anime con
i would go to that

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Just think, those panels have now filled up a part of your memory which could've been used for something more valuable to humanity's future, like inventing new color names that correspond to toenail fungus, or how far you could stick an ordinary pencil into someone's ear without causing a serious injury, or memorizing the names of British battleships by commissioning date.
the last part is just you though

she should think about early modern artillery instead

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Anyone else like herbal tea a lot? I certainly do. Especially cherry tea.
When it's very cold, I find it too cold to drink cold water so I drink hot tea instead. So: yes.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Nessa posted:

I don't want to shop at Modcloth due to things I've heard about their terrible service and the lovely material the dresses are made of. I really want to avoid shopping online at all if I can help it.
I've had no problems with the material of the dress I got there--Modcloth sells a whole lot of different companies' clothing, so I guess some are good and some are less good.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

This is what I'm saying.
dude, it is really not like anyone in our line of work was doing anything of worth to begin with

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

VanSandman posted:

This is pretty much 100% accurate, minus the :darksouls:

Pups are less a litter and more a swarm of sharp teeth and soft fur.

my sister was once swarmed by some pekingese

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

VanSandman posted:

two more (from a real camera and not my phone)

little noses
little bitty and round

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Enfys posted:

So much fluff it consumed their legs

They sort of look like fuzzy slippers in that second one

get a chow if you want a dog that looks like that forever

they're super reserved and hate people though

my fav breed

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

i enjoy talking to people about illegal immigration, because my grandfather was an illegal immigrant and i like dropping this information at exactly the most awkward moment
hey, so was mine! :italy::respek::toot:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Fruity Gordo posted:

just fyi it's not illegal to seek asylum by boat. the 'illegal' thing is a complete lie and it shouldn't be given any traction in the media and no one should tolerate people calling refugees 'illegal', much less the government. our government is the one breaking international law

my grandfather, on the other hand, came to the us illegally

if he had tried to enter legally he would have been denied due to racist / eugenicist quotas on the number of southern Europeans, so good for him

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

my grandfather ran away from the russian navy and snuck in to avoid being shut out by the white australia policy. once he'd learnt english he apparently didn't have a problem, because he could pass for white despite being some mysterious romani/jewish melange. then he defied russian stereotypes by becoming a tragic alcoholic and dying of liver failure. :smug:

...wait
hey, italian navy here
wow, did they ever lose world war 2!

poopkitty posted:

People like your grandfather make me feel like a big, lame, soft loser.

My granddad joined the US Army as a Ski Patroller in order to emigrate from Canada.
i have a friend whose grandfather walked from south america to california after he took a boat from japan to south america by accident. it took a year or something. then he married a picture bride who was flat terrified to go to the us and marry a man she had never seen, but she did it anyway

then the us government took their little farm and put them in an internment camp during world war 2, and when they got out they started over

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Fruity Gordo posted:

a bunch of my family came over in the 30s from italy bc lol fascists, and then australia being awesome threw them all in internment camps during ww2. because people who fled your wartime enemy are definitely going to be supporting them in wartime. :australia: :itwaspoo:
where were they from? we were from vicoequenze and naples

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
it is so weird meeting actual italians

i recognise mannerisms that i saw in my own father but attenuated

it's like a dog looking at a wolf: i could have been that

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Fruity Gordo posted:

some from lipari...
aaag sicilians

quote:

and some from trieste
aaag the hated north

quote:

my mum just looks so woggy
same

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

...who you're meant to be hating today
every other italian outside about a fifty mile radius from yourself, and probably within that circle as well

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

when my kids ask about their heritage i'm just going to cackle and wave my hands drunkenly
but seriously

russian food is loving delicious as hell

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
ROOT VEGETABLES AND DILL

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

it loses something when you're not allowed to add sour cream to meat dishes :(
or butter, jeeze

you could use chicken fat though, that's p good

holy hell, you'll never eat schmaltz brot, which is god's own food dish

sorry bro

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Shannonmcn posted:

You don't get to say you're Irish unless you've suffered actually living here. I'm talking to you, Boston on St. Paddys.
(anything)-americans who are really into that identity are weeaboos, but for themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Portals posted:

I'm basically white as gently caress

should be hearing back from the 23andMe people in a month or so, looking forward to seeing precisely what types of white-as-gently caress I am

that looks cool as heck

• Locked thread