Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

widespread posted:

poo poo. It sounds like the effectiveness is based on how decent your house wiring is, or similar. Obviously can't just look up how wired this house is, so buying that thing feels sorta like a gamble without studying the house's electrics in-depth. There any way to get an approximate guess on effectiveness, then?

Knowing if your house has multiple circuits would be a start, otherwise uhh..get them from a place with a good return policy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

widespread posted:

Update on the Powerline Adapter thing: It does work, but it needs an ISP. That's probably an obvious thing, I'm assuming. Also, speeds are based on your plan with said ISP.

Wait, what? What did you buy, because powerline adapters should just be ethernet devices that extend your LAN.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

Anyone have any luck recording PPSSPP with OBS? It keeps spitting out videos black boxed to a fraction of their intended size, especially when I try to record from fullscreen mode.

Yes, in the old OpenGL only versions. I had to use Window Capture (IIRC at least) and a hotkey, and re-use the hotkey if I alt-tabbed at all. I haven't tried it since DirectX support was brought in though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

dscruffy1 posted:

Sort of a shot in the dark, but what's a good way to run a 16-bit game on a 64-bit operating system?

dscruffy1 posted:

No One Lives Forever.

NOLF isn't a 16-bit game (that'd be Windows 3.x era stuff). For what it's worth, the GOTY version of it installed and ran just fine on my W7-64 PC, no extra patching or anything.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

inthesto posted:

I tried downloading some headset app for the PS4, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all

IIRC that headset app is only for the Sony branded Pulse headphones.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

How are u posted:

Is Imgur usually like this or am I just trying to start an LP at a really bad time?

It's having trouble at the moment, yes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Doseku posted:

The big thing with Tony Hawk five was that the game that was released was unplayable and the only thing you got was just the demo level.
The rest of the game was downloaded via patch. My guess is that when the servers went offline so did the patch that contained the rest of the game..

Unless future releases of the game were patched to actually have the full game then what was sold on the Playstation store is essentially just the demo level and that's why you can't play the game.

Patches are served by PSN itself (except in the case of FFXIV and maybe DQX), unless Activision went out of their way to retract the patch after they took down the multiplayer servers, which while fitting for their general shittiness is unlikely.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Looks fine enough for what you want, I think. Probably about as good as you'll get from component.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Am I losing my mind or is Draft Render just gone from newer versions of Premiere?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I have that exact one (might have a different brand name or something though) and it's just fine on my Snowball

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

You probably want to use something like scrcpy, though that doesn't do audio natively. You could hook up a 3.5mm cable though. Alternatively, use an Android emulator.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Deviant posted:

If you can show me an android emulator/simulator that doesn't suck complete rear end, I'll eat my hat and then start using it for my day job.

It can depend a lot on the app you're trying to run, unfortunately. I've had luck with LDPlayer lately, seems to work a lot better than the other vboxheadless 'solutions' like Nox.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Psycho Knight posted:

I assume I just need to feed the video to my PC instead of the TV since the VR already has a splitter.

I'd assume so. There's only a couple of titles that output different images, I think..off the top of my head they'd be some of the PlayRoom stuff and Keep Talking.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I only have 14, not 15, but the encoder seemed just fine. I couldn't work out a way to do nearest neighbour scaling, though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Resolve is insanely good and a lot better than Premiere IMHO.

I tried a couple of the FOSS editors and they were absolute trash. Openshot is extremely basic and Kdenlive is awkward and buggy and gave me terrible flashbacks to trying to use Inkscape.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

If you want quality, you probably want an OSSC but they aren't a super cheap investment.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

What's the best way to do a screenshot from Vita on an Atlus (no screenshots allowed) game? I wanna do Persona 2 IS and EP, but neither will let me do the screenshots on the console normally.

Install Henkaku and Adrenaline. Granted, IS is a PSP game and EP is PS1 so you could save some headache and use PPSSPP for the former at least.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Isn't there a hack and lets Vita send video over its cable? No sound though.

Yeah there's a plugin you can load to do that (and you're right, you do have to pull audio from BT or 3.5mm) but it is technically a video stream and can suffer from some compression in places.

Forgot to mention there's a screenshot enhancer plugin too, that removes watermarks for games that add them, bypasses blocked scenes and makes sure that they aren't gnarly JPEGs.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

dotchan posted:

Given that it costs money and I'm not being paid to do LPs, I'm saving that option as a last resort.

Well you'll need to go find the Kickstart ROMs somewhere I guess but here's a recent guide on setting up WinUAE (which is what Amiga Forever uses)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2ui2SqYkzY

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

How do people go about uh, god how do I explain this..doing a twitch stream with people in a VOIP call and having them hear the game audio without hearing themselves by just watching the stream on their end?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Danaru posted:

Discord can do it natively now by streaming a specific application to the discord room. The app share only sends the game audio so everyone can hear the game and each other without overlap

Back in my day you had to emulate audio cables and change your default sound device multiple times before starting :corsair:

Yeah I've done streaming to a couple friends inside of Discord, getting all of that out to twitch afterwards is what I'm interested in, I guess.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

If you do Discord screenshare that's exactly the correct thing though. Discord only transmits game audio through the screenshare, you all hear eachother through Discord, OBS picks up the both the game and the other people through the local PC's audio output and your voice through the mic... seems all correct to me.

That (I believe) would rely on having the outgoing bandwidth to do two streams at once, technically. I guess I could just set it to 480/15 and hope for the best. I thought it might also conflict with using capture cards but apparently they don't really use any sort of exclusive mode and OBS will happily capture it alongside Elgato's software.

Still that's probably the best way to go outside of doing stupid output bundling shenanigans with virtual cables. Gives me something to work with at least, thanks.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

lohli posted:

I can throw together a screenshot/video guide on setting it up if anyone is interested.

I'd love that, absolutely.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

So if I'm planning on streaming from both S-video and HDMI, is there a decent all-in-one, would it be best to get separate HDMI and SD capture cards, or is it best to get a nice HDMI capture card and then something to convert the S-Video to HDMI?

The latter, something like a Retrotink or OSSC

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Just go for it, there's been multiple LPs of the same game running since the dawn of time.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

lohli posted:

I am super late on delivering on this, because I have alternated between procrastinating and outright forgetting I was supposed to do this so I'll get on with it tomorrow.

lol no worries, still looking forward to it!

Epicmissingno posted:

I actually have a question about this! For whatever reason Discord's status won't update if I'm streaming (which is admittedly not very often). I've got basically everything turned on in the Streamer Mode settings and my Discord and Twitch accounts are linked. Anyone got any clue why this might not be displaying properly?

At one point it stopped working for me, then it started working again and I couldn't tell you why. I think I rebooted after relinking the accounts but sometimes it also takes a few minutes for Discord to notice it. Unlike the Spotify rich presence which is super fast.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SteelSeries Arctis stuff also does it, or at least the 5 and Pro do

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

A suggestion and then some questions. Suggestion: why doesn't the OP include Davinci Resolve as an editing option? The free version contains simple audio editing, good video editing, and animation capabilities all with a pretty idiot proof delivery method?

Because it's old enough to still earnestly suggest Windows Movie Maker

DMorbid posted:

edit: Oh, I guess the original HD60 is also affected. I should probably upgrade before my 5X shows up, although I guess triple buffer mode should work too.

FWIW, my 2X works fine on my HD60 Pro but some other people have run into issues with that same setup

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Aug 4, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

but I believe it records at variable framerates

Yeah it still does. People have been asking nvidia to change it since NVENC existed, but.. well! I think the Windows built-in recorder is CFR at least.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Geemer posted:

Nah, Windows built-in recorder is variable framerate as well. It also does some fucky thing with the resolution if you're on a 1440p display. Here's the media info from a clip I captured. Settings were 30 fps and standard video quality.

Huh. Well there you go. I hadn't face uh, any of the problems I tended to have with Shadowplay so I thought it was CFR, haha.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Geemer posted:

Maybe it does better if on a 60 Hz display, but :shrug:

Nah you're right, I just checked a few old videos and they're averages of 23, 54, 58 etc. Guess I never noticed!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

OBS/slobs is still pretty much the go-to choice. Unless you're running a shitload of overlays and such it shouldn't be much of a resource hog unless you're playing something that already pushes your PC pretty hard, you can test with a local recording and see if you have to knock a setting or two down.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Finally starting the streaming schedule I intended to start a couple months back. Using OBS Studio due to how much friendlier CPU wise it seemed than streamlabs. Haven't really looked much into the plug-in options for OBS though. Are there any good lists of recommended/useful plugins?

If you're in need of tools for streaming like alerts and stuff, Streamelements is good. Otherwise all the plugins (at least from a glance at the ones on the OBS project forums) are pretty niche.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

VLC can do it, as can the W10/11 Photos application. Vidcutter will work just fine too.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah Resolve is a truly excellent non-linear editor. I can't say I wouldn't use it for clipping because..well I have but you know.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Elgato’s old software, Game Capture HD, recorded files in a .ts container and could export to .mp4.

It's in general a vastly better program than the newer '4k Capture Utility' one, too. Never had a problem with desync in exports/clips and never been able to tell if there was any latency. The 4k one though? Huge piece of poo poo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Aseprite is free if you compile it yourself, but it's compilation process is a loving nightmare and rarely works, especially on Windows

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vegas hasn't been good for over a decade now

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I would rip the disc to an iso and mount it with imgmount D: file.iso

I'm not sure if imgmount is in vanilla dosbox or if it's a dosbox-x feature though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vegas has been really bad for like a decade now and still coasts on by because people still associate it with Sony