Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

comes along bort posted:

pretty much every "vintage" guitar looks stupid

Phantoms are awesome :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Photex posted:

Roland Synth guitar reporting in.

The G707 is awesome as hell and the only acceptable guitar synthesizer

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Xen Tricks posted:

http://www.guitargeek.com/stephen-carpenter-deftones-guitar-rig-and-gear-setup-2011/

Hey what's this it's a very popular band whose lead guitarist's line starts with guitar rig maybe you should go bitch at him about DPS and authenticity while he's loving girls and making money that you're spending on your precious custom tone switches

I'm sure fans of their three platinum albums sure do hate that lack of a real nice authentic tone that all your fans love

to be totally fair, deftones aren't 'very popular', certainly not today, nor is popularity even a good measure for musical talent to begin with.

otoh, steph is a goddamn magician at making awesome riffs that are simple to play at the same time, i.e. the exact kind of poo poo faustus probably hates because it's not massively douchebag pretentious poo poo that's technically involved but ultimately soulless and boring poo poo like what steve vai writes.

Fair Hallion posted:

Gibson SGs aren't pretty but then there's these...

excuse the gently caress outta me, but the gibson sg is the best looking guitar ever made, jerk.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Xen Tricks posted:

Yeah I'm not saying popularity=good and idk really know poo poo about the Deftones besides they've sold a lot and i've always heard people liking them, but it was one of the first rigs I clicked on and it's fuckin hilarious cause bam there's guitar rig front and center shaping the entire sound that faustus would hate so much

if you don't know poo poo about deftones, go give their album diamond eyes a listen sometime, it's the kind of album that someone who is actually good at understanding music writes. i doubt anyone who likes rock could dislike that album.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

jesus christ faustus why do you feel so strongly the need to justify your every goddamn action and purchase you make

you're either the most insecure poster i've ever seen or the most narcissistic. or both.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dr. Faustus posted:

That's rich coming from you, Cubivore.

the difference is that i actually gained some semblance of self awareness. years ago, as it were, despite (or due to?) becoming an alcoholic in that time frame.

you haven't yet and you're in your 40's.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Dec 28, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dr. Faustus posted:

I've yet to see it.

i guess it's hard to if you don't have any yourself v:shobon:v

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

if you didn't make long winded posts like this responding to each and every goddamn thing anyone says about you, they'd stop making fun on you. jesus christ how do you not get this. nobody would have posted your ugly green guitar or your guitar collection if you didn't already have a track record of sperging out on people who slight you.

ok no they would have still posted your ugly green guitar because it's an ugly guitar and this is a thread for those, but still. why do you care so much that someone on an internet forum is mocking you, why does it matter this much, i just do not understand.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

VarXX posted:

i hate to agree with the doctor but different guitars do have different sounds even if you use all digital equipment. i have a strat and a les paul and they sound completely different when running on the exact same equipment

no one was ever arguing this point, they were arguing about how he has several of the same kind of guitar. unless you're like in a touring band who has songs in a bunch of different tunes, there's no good reason for this. having several different kinds of guitars is understandable.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fair Hallion posted:

this beauty on sale on ebay RIGHT NOW

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121236170753

it's like someone attached a righty headstock to a lefty explorer and then took a few bites out of it

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

that body is kinda bad but not horrible

that headstock though is goddamn atrocious

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Monkey Man posted:

Synthesizers definitely have slavish spergs, too.

what about people like me who want to play guitar synthesizers

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Photex posted:

If you want to see some really ugly guitars look at everything that Amir from Orgy designed with Jackson when Orgy was super popular

his guitars would be awful in any other band, but they fit in with orgy's ridiculous over the top image perfectly

shame that they only made two good albums and then the lead singer fired the band

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Photex posted:

When I was 16 I was lucky enough to own a Roland 707 during that industrial metal phase of music. I sold it to some guy in LA who sent me an autographed orgy poster. I didn't make the connection it was Amir till I saw an interview saying in early 2002 he was buying up all the Roland guitars so he could put the electronics into those Jacksons since they couldn't do it themselves.

that poor g707 :qq:

i will own one of those stupid things someday

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Handen posted:

Don't. I owned one. It was a piece of poo poo. If you want to play one of the old 24 pin Roland synths just get a GK-1 and attach it to literally anything (a brick, a loaf of bread, a sea anemone, etc.) and it will be better than the G707. I got rid of the G707 and GR700 that I owned because it was so disappointing. Then a friend gave me a GK1 and GR700 and it's actually pretty drat rad hooked up through my beater Telecaster.

really? what was so disappointing about it? the only complaint i ever hear about the g707 is that it lacks a hex fuzz circuit, which can be modded in relatively easily.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Handen posted:

For me it may have been down to how the guitar hadn't been that well kept in the 20+ years it had been around. It felt super light and the neck was bowed, but every attempt to adjust the neck just made it worse thanks to the "stabilizer" fin. If you can find a nice CLEAN example of a G707 that had been taken care of, maybe think about it, but I won't ever buy one again and I've got a GR700 with the revision v1.5 chip.

this definitely sounds like the previous owner treated it like poo poo. everyone i know who has owned any piece of roland equipment (guitar, keyboard or drum) has had nothing but awesome things to say about the build quality of them.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dr. Faustus posted:

You think so? The first two pages of this thread were calling me out, personally.

do you even realize why people were calling you out in the first place dude

jesus christ, please stop posting in this thread, it's embarrassing as gently caress to read.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

White Dog Eggs posted:

Prog-Rock Dad.jpg

edit: imgur shat the bed

two basses and they're both 4 string

i mean this would be stupid no matter what, but i could at least kinda understand if he had like, a 6 string bass, a 4 string bass and an 8 string guitar on that poo poo.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yo is it worth it to upgrade an old yamaha pacifica at all or should i just save up for the gibson sg i've always wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i actually did have it set up a while ago and they made the string buzz go completely away and lowered the action a bunch so i wasn't nearly slicing my fingers open fretting the strings. it sounds decent enough now but i'm reaching the point where i can actually play music and come up with things on my own, and the factory pickups aren't great and sound pretty weak. it also refuses to stay in tune so i want better tuners.

as for gibson, yeah, i've heard that a lot. maybe i will just find a good knockoff, because really all i care about regarding the sg is its looks.

• Locked thread