Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Does anyone make a superstrat style tele? If so that is my ideal guitar.

Like you mean a Tele with buckers and a trem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Dirt posted:

Since we are dreaming up guitars:

That's all I ever wanted. 3 P90 Goldtop. Preferably with the wrap around bridge.

Why don't they make one? I'd pay a stupid amount for one. :sigh: Instead they make 50 different normal Les Paul models with robot tuners in every terrible color possible.

this is actually really good and giving me a few different ideas

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
holy jesus that switch lol

i ended up making a bunch of retarded guitars and i guess this one is kind of the least retarded so far or w/e. it's not quite my dream though, i'd have to take the pencils and rulers out to do that but idk when i can get that done

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
show me some really thin guitars

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

crashdome posted:

I have an SG shaped Melody Maker which is my favorite to play because I have girl hands and an SGX which is the bane of my artistic existence. I rescued the SGX from an underground smoke/coffee shop for $200 as my first refinishing project. It was all scraped to hell. Practically green finish from massive yellowing (Caribbean Blue original color), a missing guard, and broken electronics. I hate it because it is hanging in my basement completely naked and I can't think of a drat thing to refinish it with to make it interesting.

This probably has been posted but food + guitar is always an ugly combination.

e: VVV I'm getting to that point. Thought maybe making it satin black body with the angled parts a steel finish like sharpened blades and leave the neck natural mahogany but then I shave my neck beard and the thought goes away.

can you take a pic of the sgx

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
been staring at this. literally no reason to buy it. idk. does anyone here have one though?
http://www.rondomusic.com/CETIp90gold.html

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
what if you want to look like a horrible 80s trainwreck

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Dr. Faustus posted:

Exactly. I was 16 when I lusted after this NEW kind of real superstrat back in 1987. I finally owned one in 1989. Who do you think was in the scene then who was playing tasteful looking guitars and wearing biker clothes back then, smart person?
Answer: No one. VH was wearing "rockin' pyjamas," and playing the same striped up crazy poo poo as ever. All the hair bands were in spandex and playing every kind of Charvel you could imagine.
So Vai comes in in blue jeans covered in solder with metal stuck in them, and he's holding a JEM77FP.

Don't act like you wouldn't notice a difference. The bridge? Better. The body? Better. The neck? Better. The jack placement? Better. The finishes? Better. Get the gently caress out of here with your "80's trainwreck" non-sense. That was years ahead of the '90s when it came out.

Then Gilbert came along and put F-holes in primary colors on 'em. Beach made that amazing Voyager out of crazy woods with oil finishes. Satch became... Satch.

You were either there or you were not. Fly away.

counterpoint: a lot of the underground groups at the time were playing the cheapest used guitars they could get, which often times happened to be gibsons and fenders and whatnot that now people will play thousands for or try to imitate as well

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

tacodaemon posted:

I've always wondered what a five-way H-S-H configuration with two PAFs and a soapbar P-90 would be like.

Holy poo poo

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Dr. Faustus posted:

Do P90s take distortion well or should that be avoided?

do you have a big muff

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Dr. Faustus posted:

You mean a Big Muff Pi distortion? I'm assuming that's what you mean. Yes, I do; but it's dead. It was given to me by a friend and I had hoped to fix it but I forgot all about it once it ended up deep in a box in my closet.
I'm sure the woofiness of a Muff is something I'm into. Why do you ask?

p90 pickups + big muff is a really good combination is all.

also

ummm, kinda thinking of building a flying v with p90 type pickups and a cow print finish. uh

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

muike posted:

you are all unbelievably retarded except bort who is my boy

God drat where is the love

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

IronLawnmower posted:

I just found this loving thing

If EVA02 was a guitar.

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
I kinda regret selling my first guitar abfew years ago cuz it was a strat copy and now I know enough to change the pickups and fix a few issues it had.

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
Just have like one angry guy on a bass vi or similar and one angry guy on drums and maybe another angry guy to yell into a mic and maybe step on peoples fingers a bit or have the drummer or the bass guy do the yelling bit. That would be a good band.

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Stux posted:

for an old band i played bass and didn't have a bass at the time, so we went and bought a purple stagg for about £60 30 minutes before our first set and it was the most fun bass ive ever owned, cos i didn't give a poo poo about it. strangely solidly made as well for a stagg, it went downstairs, was scraped and bashed against walls, got thrown off stage, jumped on, set alight, used as a beer mat/ash tray and carved up with sharp objects and all sorts and all i ever had to do to it was put in a new input jack. still got it and it still works fine, doesn't even sound bad for the price, has ridiculously high action though

I want to see this

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

JohnnySmitch posted:

So I decided to fix something that wasn't broken (or needed) and added a trem to my hardtail Jaguar:

I'm probably barely going to use it ever, but MOJO

What the gently caress kind of trem is this

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
How much does it cost

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
the best looking les pauls are les paul juniors

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

White Dog Eggs posted:

Hell yes! I hate Les Paul style Arch-Tops. It's stupid. TBH I hate Les Pauls in general. Poor design.

poor design?

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

White Dog Eggs posted:

Overly heavy, headstock snaps if you look at it funny, set neck, neck pickup too high-up (in fairness this is a problem with a lot of guitars), archtop is a pain in the dick to make. It's a small jazz acoustic, but solid.

i agree with just about all of this except for maybe the neck pickup comment but then again, what would you call the ideal position for it?

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
um
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Loaded-Sugar-Pine-Telecaster-body-with-burnt-finish/281505258116

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
idk stux what makes the aesthetics of that worse than a blackmachine guitar

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
ok. i like teles though. the wood reminds me of like, i dunno, wood panelling that youd see on a lovely wall or something or an old uncomfortable piece of furniture in your aunt's house.

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
it tries real hard to look like its not trying very hard

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Dirt posted:

The only thing wrong with that is the bigsby. Ugh, gross.

no actually the whole thing kinda blows

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
i think jah wobble's bass is cool and good but only if it is the kind of bass that comes very very cheap

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Oh god, Chapman Guitars made a Supertele. Double bucker, wide fretboard, thin neck, reverse headstock.
http://youtu.be/TRPUoqGTLpg

having one dumb inlay is worse than having a full board of big fat inlays

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
yeah the body is nice i think and i dont hate reverse headstocks but as a whole i dont think its something i would buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Dewgy posted:

so for a HHS setup (not a typo, it's a weird guitar) would one volume, one tone, and ten switches to select pickups, reverse phase, and add/remove caps from the tone knob be awesome or terrible

or both

i'm getting a bit in over my head on this whole wiring thing

what exactly is the type of pickup that is the 's'?

• Locked thread