Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

If you think it's a good representation of the way you wish to present yourself to the SA GBS then that's your choice.
I like Freddie Mercury because I like the band, "Queen," and I think his vocals and artistry are amazing.
But you (and others) love to hate on me for Vai and that's ok.

Personally, I'd rather celebrate Mercury; and love on many guitars; but this thread is about hate and putting people down, because it's a hate thread first and foremost.

Bunky.

I'm really pleased with my purchases and I love all my guitars. So you can be part of the hate, and you can be proud of it. In the meantime I just love my instruments, and what you and the rest of you means nothing to me.

When you look at the actual fans of guitars, they're popular (to say the least).

I hope this helps, but I lost hope for persuading any of you long ago.

GTFO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

drunk asian neighbor posted:

mods new thread title TIA

why did he put queen in quotes

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Cobalt60 posted:

Thread challenge 2: Absolute maximum number of pickups.
Humbuckers count as one pickup, piezo's and midi count, knobs and switches don't matter. Guitar and bass entries welcome.

five

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

is this cheating

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

Are you allowed to play reggae with ZOG strings?

nein

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

mclast posted:

hahahaha hotdamn

mclast posted:

that reminded me this dude exists

plz dont troll. stephen carpenter and claudio rule

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

hey guitar buddies, i'm borrowing a baritone from a friend and there's a gap between the bolt-on neck and the body. this is fuckin wrong, right?

also here is a consolation prize for my goofy question

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

White Dog Eggs posted:

It looks a bit sloppy, but as long as the action is fine, then don't worry about it. This is actually pretty common in stratocaster type guitars, the pickguard just go under the gap.

thank you and godspeed. it's one of these goofy esps just for clarification. it plays fine

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

oh that ibanez monstrosity was from this site btw
http://thetopguitars.com/custom-double-neck-ibanez-acrylic-green-led-light-electric-guitar.html

bunky fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 24, 2014

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

holy moly

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

Dr. Faustus views this guitar like a normal man views the girl from total recall.

fuckin lol

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

loving franco. i was going to make a faustus joke when i posted that pic but i knew that dork would get a google alert that his name was mentioned and swoop in to avenge his honor. look at the mess that you've created

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

Go ahead, bunk, make your Faustus joke. Just make it good, please.

the biggest joke is you busting into this thread like the kool aid man whenever someone says faustus, steve vai or ibanez jem

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

oh thank god

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

TheChaosPath posted:

RIP Dr. Faustus

He was too on-topic for this world

hah yeah that's what loving happened

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

shiksa posted:

im really really curious what that sounds like unplugged

i think the acoustic might sound okay. the electric looks like it's set up to be a solid body, but it looks thick as hell.

also the acoustic has a bolt-on neck for some reason

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

:eyepop:
that has to be a photoshop
e: why did i even question that

bunky fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 26, 2014

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

ahaha what a loving hack job. does he not have a jigsaw or something? i just want a video of him playing that poo poo and ripping the bridge right the gently caress out of that mess.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

This is closer to the truth. I admit that I am an alcoholic, and an old; but I am not a racist nor am I vomit-flecked. If anyone should gently caress off, it's people who can't read opposing viewpoints in a hate-thread without name-calling.

whoa
"negative opinion about something dr fautist likes"
"eight paragraph dissertation about thing by the dr"
"fautist rails against people who cant handle opposing viewpoints"

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

And then, posts about it and ruins all discussion about the topic.

WHOA!

cool. old avatar burn i guess. im sorry i ruined the discussion of the topic by calling you a hypocrite. please continue

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

Or it's a billion times worse being a "guitar-player" who can't "play" a "guitar" but doles out aesthetic justice in a hate thread that literally was a call-out thread from the old XBox One thread that quoted my guitar five times on the first page.

While you're at it, be a man/woman/xhe and post a clip, yourself.

I'd love to hear you play. Don't consider it a challenge, but more of a barrier to entry of having a valid opinion.

Peace and love, peace and love.

this is literally a "laugh at silly guitars" thread, not a "post your music so dr faustus can determine if youre worthy to talk about guitars." go take a walk outside or something, jeez

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

It's cold outside.

Also, look at page one. It's not a "laugh at silly guitars thread." Many posters have shown love for Ibanez, Seafoam/Surf Green, but there's an anomoly on Page 1 that maybe I got but you're too loving dense to figure out?

i mean, it was supposed to be until you came around and rubbed doo doo all over it

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

White Dog Eggs posted:

The 'ethics' thing weirds me out a bit too, the guy I know who buys all these is pretty open about telling people about his fake-rear end guitars though, so it doesn't bother me too much, a couple of them are REALLY good fakes though.

i think the ethics of it all is that someone could buy a convincing fake for a couple hundos and sell it on craigslist as a legit gibson and make bank.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

whats with all the gibson hate? i know their build quality has plummeted in the past couple decades, but i love my sg faded. it's not a high-end model, but it plays and sounds awesome.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

Nothing is wrong with me. Instead, this thread was predicated on an attack on me, personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk

bunky fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 31, 2014

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Snowy posted:

I could see an MGMT type band rocking a neon Ibanez ironically.

does MGMT do anything unironically

also im bummed out about gibson now. thanks guys. gonna go throw my sg in the woods now brb

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

muike posted:

some depressed scandinavian teenager will find it and make the next black metal hit. good work

at least ill stop making mall metal with dual leads and pinch harmonics. we'll all be okay in the end

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

i really wanted this sg back around the time i got my faded

looking back at it now i really want it again :emo:

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dirt posted:

I'm not feeling the brass knuckle inlay. But other than that it looks cool.

I want one of these:

SG Baritone

I'd probably put a big red killswitch on it, play it in standard tuning and call it a Buckethead SG.

edit: Buckethead signature Les Paul for reference:

I still regret not buying one of those.

ooh, i forgot about the buckethead signature. that white on white is great

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

ThePutty posted:

even worse, they didn't even snip off the ends of the strings at the tuners

being blind equals tone

wtf. that dude's got snips right there. oh well, better roll up the ends like a scrub

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Speaking of SGs, FB reminded me that today is the two year anniversary of me nabbing this sweet thing.

And took this pic two years ago as well

:awesome:

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

Hey man, don't bother with these jerks, they're just yanking your chain.

I made a post earlier, I would like the benefit of your guitar knowledge!

I'm trying to learn guitar, you are the only person I've found in this forum who knows what they're doing.

I would like to know what guitar to start out with, if possible a really cool one like that medieval one you posted earlier.

hey dummy, dont ask that dude anything about guitars unless you want a hot pink ibanez steve vai fart machine. there are so many people in this thread (me included) that could give you decent advice on where to start.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

Yeah, I know all about Bunky. He;s such a jerk.

I'll be honest I am not a complete newbie to guitars, I have an old nylon-string classical but can only play a few chords on it. I would like to be able to shred crazy poo poo like you guys, but I can't spend a ton of money right now. Basically just looking for a solid starter electric.

And no I'm not trolling, you people are way too paranoid. :rolleyes:

cmon dude. there are people here that will legitimately give you advice. dont come crawling back here when you end up with a guitar with too many necks and too many handles. ps: the ideal number of handles is zero

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

Except I post from experience and while it's not for everybody (certainly Ibanezes are not) I have worthwhile things to say, unlike most of you.

Don't talk poo poo about me, and I'll just go away.

Sweet Jesus I only have two JEMs.

youre a lovely poop dork

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

I've been here 15 years.

this is the amazing thing. how are you so incompetent at how poo poo happens here after being around for so long?

Dirt posted:

Has Faustus ever posted any clips showing off his guitar skills?

I feel like he should have to go first, since he's the one with the ugly guitars.

i dont know but if he does then all of us would and he'll know we're all terrible and we shouldnt be talking about guitars!

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

you know what, to show faustus im not such a bad guy heres an acoustic piece i recorded years ago on a terrible jasmine guitar with dead strings and a cheap desktop mic
http://tindeck.com/listen/kvfm

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dewgy posted:

honestly considering rhythm games were a huge gateway for me and guitar hero came with a plastic SG, this to me insanely tempting

gently caress, i kind of want that

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

I can just imagine the nurse giving faustus his meds and apple sauce in a year or two while he mutters about Steve Vai and internet trolls

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

comes along bort posted:

there's an entire subculture dedicated to making frankenstrat replicas, down to getting the correct year of the quarter used to prop up one end of the floyd trem

i guess people need hobbies or something

i dont believe you. i cant believe you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

This is the nylon-string classical I've had since around 1993 (complete with water damage), where I paid $20 to a weird dude in college for it. It made a good learning guitar but it's always been a real dog to look at. It doesn't have any kind of brand marking that I can find so I assume it's some kind of terrible knock-off.

Believe it or not it sounds ok when it has good strings on.

is the water damage from where the weird dude peed on you while you were playing it

• Locked thread