Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ratzap posted:

The fallout held on and on, soon the map was just filled with corpses. All the nasty poo poo like that megaspider - dead. I dragged some of the close ones back for leather but forbade the meat. Everyone is ready to go stir crazy when we get this.

Uh, are we not supposed to eat that meat? I'm new to the game, but when I got toxic fallout I let my dudes eat the meat and it didn't seem to do any harm. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Regarde Aduck posted:

Well I can see that there might be a psychological impact on body identity. You have an image of yourself in your mind and you could call this a "soul". Soul can mean lots of different things to different people.

Yeah, replacing body parts is a big deal. Like that RL guy who got hand transplants, then after a few months had the donor hands removed because having someone else's hands was weirding him out.

The mood malus should probably reduce over time. The first year is really hard, but 5 years later your prosthetic arm is just your arm. You've figured out how to masturbate without crushing your dingus and everything is fine.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Coolguye posted:

i mean moving soil is sort of the shittier and less helpful version of hydroponics in practice. soil is good or bad by virtue of where it is in the larger cycle of things, less so by virtue of what's inside of it. picking up and moving the dirt might help to get a seed to germinate but that's pretty much it. the soil would require constant outside enrichment to maintain life, which sounds an awful lot like hydroponics.

it is mega bogus that we can't make clear roofs though that's for sure. even if you had to use plasteel to make transparent plastics or something that'd be a drat nice alternative to faffing around with sunlamps and their power hunger.

Yeah, moving the soil might work for a while, but certainly not for more than a year. It's obscured because what makes soil fertile is abstracted.

Like water barely exists. The highly fertile spots are often near the wet spots, so logically moving that soil to ground that is high and dry would immediately affect fertility. Being able to roof over bare soil and keep planting for years without an irrigation system is just weird. Without direct rainfall it shouldn't work at all. Water is just sort of assumed to be there and doing water stuff without anyone messing with it.

Likewise, over years it should be possible to improve the fertility of marginal soil that receives sufficient rainfall. Throw all your corncobs and animal dung in a compost heap and you are manufacturing your own sweet rear end topsoil. Seriously, this stuff is garden magic. But that would involve some colonist going around sweeping all the 'animal filth' into a bucket or something. Composting just isn't something games bother putting into mechanics, not even Stardew Valley or Dwarf Fortress. Worms and rot just gets no respect.

Instead we get a very abstract and simplistic version of food production, because realistic food production is not fun for most folks.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Do these drugs even work?

I'm working on a rescue commando team but they were unable to even build shelter without falling asleep on the ground so I started sending drugs with them.

On their first mission they each popped a dose of go-juice and instantly fall asleep on the ground. In the middle of -67 degrees Celsius weather. Same when using "wakeup"

It's a pain in the rear end when the weather is that cold and you have to make the workers build the roof one pixel at a time manually while the person you're saving is bleeding and naked with seconds to live.

Does their work schedule have them assigned to sleep at that time? Maybe they try to sleep regardless of sleepiness if it is in the scheduled?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Coolguye posted:

it has for a while. horseshoes also trains shooting. it just does so extremely slowly, and furthermore, you can't prioritize/force that labor if someone is maxed on Fun.

what they need is an actual target to shoot at and a place to shoot real guns for 4+ hours at a time. which, as before, is a pet sleeping space in an area forbidden to pets and pawns. ideally you have a backdrop of a natural rock formation, but failing that a clear line of fire out some 20 tiles behind the target is fine. draft the colonist and tell them to fire at the sleeping space. then let them do that until you get a break alert and undraft them.

it's fiddly and annoying and you should be able to just institute a range and a training labor that forces pawns to train up to an arbitrary shooting skill, after which they stop training. but if you want to do it without mods and without implementation problems, there you go - it's a way to get your pawns up to shooting level 10 simply enough, not that you should ever ideally rely on that score.

I don't know, letting people spend 4 hours a day at the range for no cost seems unbalanced. It would be different if guns needed ammo, but as it is the only cost is losing that pawn's labour for the hours spent training.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Splicer posted:

It should give a bonus to anyone else wearing a fedora and mallus to everyone else

Hey, on a 1940s planet the fedora is a perfectly respectable bit of head wear. :mad:

IRL a big ol' cowboy hat isn't much better. In my experience they are only worn by douchenozzel cowboy cosplayers (and politicians pretending to be cowboy cosplayers). Working farmers mostly wear baseball caps.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Monowhatever posted:

Some mods use it, but after a certain point you getting attacked by such a large raids you might need someone on full time body burning duty

Nah. Even once your corpse freezer is full there's no reason not to just leave excess corpse heaps around the edge of the map for your carnivorous and omnivorous animals to nosh on. The crematorium needs an additional carrot or stick to be really useful.

Carrot: It could produce something useful as a byproduct. I think this is what most mods do?

Stick: Rotting corpses could increase the chance of disease and vermin. This is more realistic. The reason we don't leave corpses or carcasses laying around IRL is because of disease and vermin. It doesn't guarantee an outbreak even in real life, but it does make it more likely and if you leave heaps of rotting corpses around your town for years eventually you're going to have a bad time. Burial and cremation are equally effective, but eventually the electricity cost of cremation beats the labour and land cost of burial.

e: Of course having your buildings full of animal feces would also increase the chance of disease IRL, and this doesn't seem to be a problem in game as long as they aren't making GBS threads in the hospital. So who knows.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Coolguye posted:

i'm aware of that mod but it really doesn't even cover half of the problem. it involves humans pooing and showering, but it doesn't model animal cleanliness, corpse effects, persistent soiling and stains (organic stains have real disease imports even if 'cleaned'), and more. all of that is really, really important to properly modeling hygiene and how it would handle disease spread and plague vulnerability.

which should really just accentuate why i say what i do it not being worth the trouble. like facebook aunt said, there kinda needs to be both carrot and stick, and the hygiene problem is one that is all stick.

There are carrots to be had.

Disease. Right now there is a default chance of disease outbreak every year. Maybe having great hygiene could drop that chance by 50%. Even in the jungle you're less likely to get sick if you keep clean. Terrible hygiene would make it worse. Average hygiene would keep it the same as now -- average perhaps meaning not having any high tech hygiene systems installed, but you have enough guys on cleaning duty that indoor filth doesn't hang around for weeks, and you also don't allow livestock into the food storage, eating, and sleeping areas.

Filth is valuable if it is processed correctly:
-Soil fertility. Either in a low-tech compost heap/trench or a high tech reactor. Turn corpses, filth, and organic trash like spoiled food and old cotton or wool clothing into compost that can turn soil into rich soil for a year. Or it could be used to build soil floor tiles over stone or sand tiles: turn your processed filth into ideally located farms and greenhouses. That would be swell.
-Electricity. Waste-to-energy incinerator that directly turns filth into electricity and/or heat.
-Fuel. Let a refinery turn filth into biofuel. Basically an abstracted version of the waste-to-energy plant.

Mood bonuses:
-Most people enjoy having a wash. Having hot water is a bigger bonus. Using good soap is an additional small bonus.
-Most people enjoy clean clothing. A lot of people don't mind putting on the same thing they wore yesterday, or even sleeping in their clothes and wearing the same thing every day (especially when camping or whatever) but clean clothing is nice. (The laundry facility could also be used to remove the D tag from clothing--the clothing is still old and worn, but it doesn't look/smell like somebody died in it anymore.)
-The toilet could be a joy item. :v: Taking a poo poo in a place that doesn't smell like poo poo may be the best part of your day.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

T-man posted:

Hey goons, are there any 1.0 compatible mods like Pawns Are Capable? I'm using a tool mod, and it's kinda silly that my pacifist refuses to use a laptop.

Technology is violence.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

How is it that future people have discovered bionic eyes but not hearing aids?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wild boars will definitely eat corpses. I've got a corpse freezer full of wild boar piglets that happily munch nothing but human corpses all day. Are domestic pigs different from wild boars?

Honestly all the things that won't eat corpses is kind of bullshit. Chickens would totally eat people if they got the chance.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Coolguye posted:

alternately just plant haygrass

Throwing your enemies to the pigs isn't about feeding the pigs. You do it to send a message. :colbert:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sparticle posted:

"oh neat I can try 1.0, time to start playing rimworld again"

:chloe::chloe::chloe:

wtf is wrong with Tynan, letting gross creeps put this poo poo into the game. I've only just started reading this thread again so sorry if this has came up before, just... what the actual gently caress?

I like that this particular Idol happens to be Staggeringly Ugly tho. So ugly people can barely make eye contact, but somehow she was music idol and successful prostitute. Lot of guys on that planet had some kind of butterface fetish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dp3jpsP58s

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I wouldn't be surprised if that child abuse/prostitute background was written by a woman. That's a totally cliche tragic background for women roleplayers to choose. Seriously, "former prostitute" comes up ridiculously often in roleplaying games. Right up there with "orphan raised in the streets" and "family murdered by [bad guys] and out for revenge". RPers love those tragic cliches.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

counterfeitsaint posted:

I did this for awhile but it sucks. Just get the mod Prepare Carefully like literally all other Rimworld players and design your own.

That sounds like a good idea.

Oh wow, you can take a thrumbo as your pet, lol.

HOLY poo poo THIS WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Viva Miriya posted:

wtf, why did i make packaged survival meals if the caravan screen is telling me they'll rot in .4 days?

e: nm it seems to be a bug.

Caravan tells you when the first thing you are carrying will rot. This includes random things your colonists had in their inventory. One of your guys probably already had a meal in his inventory that he's been carrying around and saving until it could give him food poisoning.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I like that creamed corn is considered a Fine Meal. Corn on the cob is garbage, but milky creamed corn is the bees knees.

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 25, 2018

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The rich explorer start is pretty fun. Almost like a RP thing. Just one idiot who voluntarily moved to a rimworld, and then has a series of mishaps and makes friends along the way. Really slow at first, just setting up a cabin and getting some rice in the ground takes most of the first day.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

OwlFancier posted:

I mean I think that's still what it's supposed to be, there is no way to remove the tag in vanilla that I'm aware of, and they literally died in the clothes so they're almost certainly full of blood and chunks and poo poo and piss and bulletholes.

Right. But holes are already represented by wear, so the taint must be piss, poo poo, blood, and chunks. Too bad "soap" is a technology lost to rimworlds.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

tudabee posted:

Just because I understand why doesn't mean I have to like it :argh:

Yeah, I think Huskies are really pulling ahead of wolves and wargs. It is so much easier to train a dog, much less time wasted on failures.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Danaru posted:

I generally chuck human meat into the prisoner nutrient paste machine just because it's not worth selling and usually I don't need the chemfuel. I don't design my prison around it like that guy though

Kibble? A hay + human/insect meat kibble is cheap, can be eaten by most animals, and doesn't require refrigeration. I assume you could also feed it to prisoners by having a small kibble stockpile in each cell, but I haven't tried it since I have enough canines to eat it all.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pharnakes posted:

That requires a psycho/bloodthirsty to do the work though, and might result in a colony wide mood debuff for butchering? I can't remember now, been a while since I tried that. If you just let them be eaten raw it gives no mood penalty, even for fellow colonists, although it is far less nutrition efficient you are right.

Daru was already putting human meat in the prisoner nutrient paste dispenser so the mood penalty was accounted for. It's just a matter of what to do with the meat.

"We butchered humanlike" is a -6 debuff that lasts 6 days and doesn't stack. Your colonists are equally dismayed by butchering one guy as butchering 20. So it makes sense to do the butchering in big batches when people are pretty happy.

"I butchered humanlike" is an additional -6 debuff that stacks up to -20 on top of the "we" debuff, for a total of -26 for 6 days. Pretty bad. Unless you have a psycho, bloodthirsty or cannibal to do the butchering: Getting one of those 3 is pretty easy, cannibals are cool and good since they have no other bad side effects.

Butchering also produces weirdly valuable human leather, and if you make the mistake of letting them make clothes out of it most colonists will also get a mood penalty for wearing human leather. But you can avoid that by not allowing it for crafting and just selling it instead. Nobody wants the clothes a corpse died in but all factions are happy to buy the skins. :shrug:

The other options for corpse disposal also have problems. You can keep the corpses in a dedicated corpse freezer for canines/pigs to munch directly, but any colonist that sees them will get a -3 to -9 mood debuff (only lasts .25 of a day though). You can leave them rotting in the sun but that is a whopping -7 penalty that stacks up to -20 each time they are seen (but again only for .25 of a day each time). Or you could bury them, I suppose, but eventually that adds up to a lot of good land permanently dedicated to corpse containment.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Keeshhound posted:

For money you're better off just growing an assload of cotton and setting up a bunch of tailoring benches in front of a TV. Trying to squeeze value out of a corpse just isn't worth it. Chuck 'em in a hole and get back to the actually profitable endeavors.

They can watch TV while working?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

McGiggins posted:

You guys know that corpses in shelves don't give debuffs right? You could make your dog freezer high traffic and no one would care.

LOL.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

A Moose posted:

In case you're wondering, the Banishment button is on the Bio screen, right next to the "rename" button. I had to banish a guy because he was a greedy body purist with a cochlear implant, and he was the first colonist to join my original 3 guys. As soon as I found a 5th, out he went. He spent more time catatonic than he did mining. Also he tried to slaughter the colony's sole boomalope. The new mental breaks DO NOT gently caress around. Its poo poo like "has decided that [colonist] must die" or trying to beat prisoners to death, or destroy all your thrumbo-fur or slaughter all the colony animals. I've seen an insulting spree like once.

I had a guy have a tantrum. That's not so bad, I thought. Then he went into my stockpile and punched an antigrain warhead. Everyone in the room died, everything was destroyed, and it even blew out the granite walls.

Do not punch an anitgrain warhead.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

A Moose posted:

Is there any situation where batteries are actually necessary once you have a couple geothermal generators and a lifetime supply of chemfuel? It seems like the only thing that would take out my power are solar flares and batteries don't even help for that.

Ehhh. Geothermal tends to not be all clustered together nicely. So a fire or explosion can take out sections of conduit and leave parts of your network orphaned. In that case having a few batteries will give you buffer time to rebuild or at least turn off unnecessary things before your freezers start failing. There are also various things that can take out one of your geothermal plants forcing you to rebuild. If this happens to happen when you are low on components or during a rino manhunter herd event you may be in for a bad time.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

For underground areas you can also set up fire traps in advance (not necessarily incendiary traps). Some power conduit or wooden floors, wooden walls, wooden furniture, carpets, etc., and then you kick it off with a guy with Molotovs or an incendiary launcher.

- They will try to dig their way out when the temperature gets dangerous. You can try to get your guys around to where they'll have a good field of fire wherever the bugs bust out. The bugs will run through fire to escape the heat, so hopefully the burns and heatstroke will soften them up a bit even if it doesn't kill them. Keep an eye on downed bugs though, they can be downed due to heatstroke damage and get up at full strength as soon as that wears off.

- Doors are weird. An open door still preserves the space as a discrete room and slows down the speed of heat transfer. So if you are planning on using heatstroke as a weapon in can be handy to have stone doors locked open to preserve room integrity if the functional doors are broken down or burned. Otherwise if the bugs batter down an outside door the room instantly becomes part of "outside" and the temperature drops to the outside temp. If you later want a super-heated area to become part of Outside so it cools down fast just disassemble or destroy the open door.

- The fire will get out of hand sometimes, especially if you have all wood/carpet floors. You can try to set up firebreaks where you have nothing flammable for at least 5 spaces so sparks can't spread, but if the air gets hot enough underground it will start things in the next room on fire. So, uh, when you rebuild after accidentally burning a whole wing of the place, rebuild with stone furniture to make future cleanups easier. This really sucks when it takes out your hydroponics or workshops. It may be worthwhile in an undermountain fort have each sunlamp in it's own discrete stone-walled room if you have several of them -- it's more effort to set up than a single large farm room, but reduces the chance that all your crops will be infested by bugs and/or destroyed by fire.

- Fire and super-heated air may or may not also take out the bodies, hives and piles of insect jelly. So the fire takes care of your insect problem but you lose the meager rewards.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Infestations won't spawn in rooms -17 C or colder, so you can try going with ice instead of fire. This means everyone has to live in parkas to sleep in their icy rooms, which isn't great. And obviously plants can't survive at that temperature, so either you don't have any hydroponics undermountain, or the bugs will spawn there every time if that is the only room warm enough to spawn in.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Keeshhound posted:

Keep watching your world quests and someone might offer a resurrection serum.

The other issue I have is that old blight just straight up deleted something like 90% of your crop, but your growers could immediately replant. Then it got changed to making like 20% of them blighted and need to be cut before it spread, which meant that if you acted quickly you could save most of the crop. Now blights gently caress up around 60-70%, so you're looking at a considerable work expenditure in addition to being able to save at best like a fifth of your field.

It's just one field though. Plant several fields with a nice buffer zone between them and it's only a minor inconvenience.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Just turn down the difficulty setting. It'll take years longer for the ridiculously huge raids to show up.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Just have half your doods using zap grenades instead of real weapons. Then spend the next day and a half shooting at stunned mechanoids to wear through their armor.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Phoenix Taichou posted:

took me a moment to figure out this wasn't some kind of mod that lets pigs mine stuff

That would be silly. Unless the meteor is pig iron.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Internet Explorer posted:

So my current colony's mindset has been that there's no problem that more muffalo cannot solve. My question for you all is, how many muffalo would it take to solve this problem?

This looks like a problem for boomalopes. You do tame the boomalopes, right?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Internet Explorer posted:

:aaaaa:

No, I've been too busy taming and breeding muffalo. I'm up to like 40 or so. I was able to fight off that psyonic ship part by putting my herd in a zone around it, then shooting it with guns while the mechanoids that popped out got mobbed by muffalo. Lost 4 or so, but hey, they got used to their fullest.

I may have to tame some boomalopes. I assume I don't nerd to train them to release, just zone a bunch to walk in there.

Yeah, I just zone them where I want them to go. They are good against insects since insects melee and then hang around, so a downed boomalope that booms 4 hours later is still likely to be in range to do damage. Plus boomalopes can go undermountain where mortars can't fire.

The only tricky part is where you keep them when you aren't using them as walking mortars. One time I didn't notice I'd run out of hay until the boomalopes started spontaneously exploding from starvation. Oops. Now I like to have a stone barn with individual 'stalls' to prevent chain reactions when things go wrong.

This one has the beds 7 tiles apart. 5 seems to be enough to prevent them from igniting the guy across the way if you're short on space. Just don't give the barn wooden floors or use it to store anything flammable (including hay/kibble) in the possible explosion zone. If you wind up with way too many boomalopes it's better to sell them than try to kill the extras, but if you are desperate for food and need to kill a few, having a good shooter stand in the bed opposite a sleeping boomalope and shoot it will often succeed without injury or fire (occasionally the boomalope will be injured without being downed, and start running around while bleeding to death which can be bad).

Oh, and on the plus side predators don't attack boomalopes, you can include areas outside the walls for grazing if need be. Though doing that means your workers need to go farther to milk and haul the chemfuel. Everything is a trade off.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Nosfereefer posted:

re: barns, is there any real reason not to keep all my muffaloes cooped up together with hay?

like, will impressiveness do anything, or is it all aesthetics?

For muffalos you don't really need to do anything specific, no. They don't even need a barn except as a hedge against toxic fallout and to slow down the deterioration of the hay. They don't need shelter. They also don't need access to fresh air or sunlight. You can restrict them to a room deep under the mountain with a pile of hay and they'll be fine. Or let them wander all the grazeable territory freely and they'll also be fine, except for the occasional predator.

Chickens (and maybe other domesticated animals like cows and pigs?) need a barn or coop with minimal climate control to protect them from extreme weather. Otherwise they start dropping during cold snaps and heat waves and it becomes extra work to deal with them.

Boomalopes need a barn specifically due to the danger presented by sick or injured boomalopes. If a boomalope is downed some idiot will go grab it and take it to the nearest animal bed for treatment -- which can real bad if your only animal sleeping spots are crowded together in your chicken coop or barn where a detonating boomalope can take out half your livestock.

Aesthetically a barn is going to be ugly no matter what you do, because animals keep pooping in there. And birthing. And vomiting. Statues can only do so much to mitigate every square covered in filth. Pasturing them in a meadow means no filth to clean up. Keeping them cooped up makes it easier to milk and shear them though. I think a dirt floor doesn't show filth, so if you don't have a top notch cleaning crew a dirt floor may end up less ugly than a filthy stone or wood floor.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

OwlFancier posted:

If you have rich soil then perhaps, but rice in hydroponics grows at 280% speed, so nearly three times faster than a normal rice field. And you can put them under mountains which is nice.

Nice right up until the bugs spawn inside your hydroponics bay.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hihohe posted:

And if youre gonna get bionic dicks you might as well get bionic vagina one. Or bionic butt hole. Whatever floats your bionic boat.

Seems like immediately after inventing the bionic dick and the bionic vagina someone would invent the combo unit so you wouldn't have to pick just one or the other. You can have a dick and a clit at the same time for maximum masturbation variety.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

moot the hopple posted:

I sent out a two-man caravan and a dromedary to rescue a downed settler. They pick up up the guy but also come down with mechanite infections on the way back which slows them down to a crawl and has them mentally breaking every other day. Only one guy made it back after the food ran out.

So is there a way heal up guys on a caravan? Also, do you guys armor up caravans or does the movement penalty not make it worth it?

I don't know about healing, but you can send a second caravan carrying food and medicine to merge with a troubled caravan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Coolguye posted:

i personally have run without mods for literal years and haven't ever felt the need to install any. there are silly things but they are all very managable.

that's MY unpopular opinion. gently caress mods.

Ban for mod sass.