Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Heres my Colony, I never thought about using a kill room but i might do it now.

I do hope that eventually we get a Z level. I want Sniper Towers .
Also a water need for the colonists, So you need condensation collectors in the desert and water purifiers in the jungles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I cant wait for herding to become a thing.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Is there Husbandry in this update? Like can I breed more muffalo?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Walton Simons posted:

High recruitment difficulty:
*Crashes on a barren planet, badly wounded with no means of escape but by some miracle a friendly human picks them up, heals them with a lovely tribal doctor, puts them up in a hot cramped room with no lights and feeds you uncooked squirrel bits, where told they're currently building a place to for people to sleep not on the ground*

"So, wanna join?"

"Nah, I'll take my chances"

Fixed it. More realistic now.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

You know whatd be really cool? Making drugs and selling them to tribals. The tribals get hooked and have to rely on your settlement for their fix.

Id think itd jusr be cool if your settlements could be known for selling stuff so that trade caravans come through regulary instead of randomly

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Then of course the Tribals get sick of your rates and decided to take the yayo by force.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I feel at some point, enemies just shouldn't gently caress with you

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Wish there was a chemical you could collect from boomalopes that made it worthwhile, if risky, to tame them

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Archenteron posted:

Dealing with Thrumbos, not even onebos

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Jesus christ....

I just want to grow drugs and build a spaceship.

You think Toady had a problem like this in DF?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

You guys ever play Pharoah or Caesaer? This is reminding me of that. I love the idea of peddling my poo poo all over the planet.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Danaru posted:

This but also raiding parties because I'm so god drat sick of these tunneling pirates
I wonder if you can just say gently caress it and go full on warlord of the wastes, raiding settlements for slaves to be put to work in the mines.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I couldnt see it so i rehosted it on Imgur

:getin::getin::getin:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

McGiggins posted:

Is there a mod that gives bionic spines, femurs, humerus, liver, etc?

I have one that gives me all of that for animals, but I essentially want to borg all my people completely now that I am post scarcity and all I have left to build is defences.

E:

Does the planet change with the seasons?

:discourse:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I think all animals will eat kibble or prepared meals regardless of what theyre made of. They will hunt but ive lost a couple of animals to infection because of this so its your call.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

The Croc posted:

Quick question on this game as it looks quite fun. I played Prison Architect quite abit and enjoyed that. This seems to be made in the same engine but with more complexity to the game. If i enjoyed PA would you recommend this one?

This game is a little more survival oriented but yeah I would think youd like it.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Coolguye posted:

Alloy are you implying Furiosa is ugly because if so we are gonna take this outside

no hes say the refugee was the Furiosa while the raider was Immortan Joe.

I kinda wish that your caravans could get raided while on the way.

you get an alert, it goes to the caravan and the travelers gotta fend off guys from the middle of the map.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Yeah 3 z levels would be enough for me it would be cool if bandits dug up from tunnels.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Spanish Matlock posted:

Boy this game sure is fun until some asshat with grenades shows up and you're guaranteed to lost at least a couple of colonists as he blows up everything around himself. What a dumb weapon.

Grenades are a argument for weapons with ammo.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

Blight is also dumb as hell in that it hits every plant type the same way at the same time. The whole purpose of growing multiple crops is to protect yourself against crop failures.

I think it would be cool if the growing skill could have a part in this.

Like... your master farmer was able to identify a parasite on your rice and has cut down those to save the rest of the field. Although im not sure people would like your pawn wasting time looking at your fields

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I would totally get a Farming Overhaul Mod.
Plants require water and some plants grow better in certain biomes. Irrigation, tending, tilling, fertilizer, orchards, greenhouses.

Man! Why am I so excited about watching the grass grow.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I like the medieval mod and all but give me bronze age stuff with the Farming mod. Im gonna try and recreate the Indus valley or egyptian Nile cultures.

I am Gilgamesh!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

do the pawns have a file in the game files when you use PC to make your own? I would like some goon pawns to eat work with.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Danaru posted:

Is planting grass in vanilla now?

Just plant haygrass, unless you want a front lawn, then no.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I still say the answer is limited z levels. 2 or 3 levels for tall buildings. 2 or 3 for underground. If you keep it little and not create a huge sprawl like in other games I feel it would remove a lot of the mechanical problems. Then again I dont know anything about programming so feel free to say I dont know poo poo about dick.

I just want prison watch towers and bunkers.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Being tribal in the desert sucks. I wish there was an option to send out hunting partys to bring back muffalo or whatever. I lost my last guys to starvation.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Disappointed no ones made their age 69 physical: 420 chronological

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Save scum does matter because this is a story based game and sometimes, "they came to the planet and died to malaria five minutes later" isnt a satisfying story .

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

It should be a denegrating status as the cyborgee gets used to his new power body. Just a status that goes from "uncomfortable in their new body" to "getting used to his new body" to "familiar with new body" then no negative status. Its not that some pawns are cool and some are not with a new body, its that having an entirely new body is a completely foreign experience whether you supported it or not. It takes some getting used to.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

HelloSailorSign posted:

Like the lack of bionic dicks.

Or improvised ones.

And if youre gonna get bionic dicks you might as well get bionic vagina one. Or bionic butt hole. Whatever floats your bionic boat.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

give me a mod that fixes animals drinking alcohol but adds in the leisure activity of pawns giving alcohol to your pets to see what they do and laughing at it.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

There really should be some mods that adds auto stone processors and the like. Cost power and is less resource efficient but pawn just plop some stone onto a hopper and pump out bricks

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Im already digging the new music.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Is there a way to make presets for the work priorities?

I need a couple so that they can go into cleaning mode then to chop tree mode to build mode effortlessly.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I started a new colony then i got a quest. A noble was being chased and charged me with protecting him. From a rabid guinea pig. I come out and shoot it once with a charge rifle and it dies instantly. The noble was so thankful he rewards me with being named a yeoman and also a psionic enhancer. They then jump in a shuttle and fly off.

I think this dlc is pretty fun.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Hmmm. I... accept your challenge.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

The duck attacked and i shot it once and it died. This was clearly worth 2000$ worth of things .

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

So far having a noble seems to be something you strive for, unlike DF. You dont get nobles who just seem to show up, I think you have to upgrade your current pawns to a noble. It also seems that the empire only allows nobles to use psionic abilities. You can get some randos psionic but if they dont have the proper authority theres a chance the empire will crack down on that and I guess eventually they'll become hostile.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Thrasophius posted:

Playing as a lost tribe on savage Randy. Get a poison ship and manage to somehow kill the centipedes with only a finger lost. Randy gives me chickens, that's cool I could use the eggs. Cold snap, volcanic winter in the middle of winter. Colonists now have to fight to survive at -80 because I haven't managed to find decent fur to make coats and the traders keep leaving because of unsafe temperatures. Basically becomes a game of my colonists huddled around a fire risking limbs to get wood for the fire. Upside, all the raids died of cold while I huddled behind my walls. Too cold to hunt so we ate the raiders, quite a few mental breaks that day.

smells like rimworld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Sab669 posted:

Just amputate their torsos :colbert:

Just walking around like Rayman