Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
New thread already? Time to get started on getting caught up with posting comics. Probably spread 'em out across the day, though. Been a bit of a while.

First up: Jim's Journal originally ran mostly in assorted college newspapers from 1988 until it eventually stopped at some point in the early '90s; archival strips are currently being posted on GoComics three times a week each weekday. The strip chronicles the day-to-day autobiography of Jim, a young man of about twenty living in a city somewhere in America. His expression never changes and nothing ever really happens. It's great.

Tony is one of Jim's roommates. We'll meet him in person later. The implied homoeroticism in this particular strip is highly unusual, though, so don't get your hopes up.

Steve is Jim's other roommate. He's kind of a whiner. Jim worked at a McDonald's for a bit while attending college, then (we're never explicitly told, but presumably) dropped out and took a job at a book store, from which he was recently laid off.

Ruth is Jim's friend from McDonald's, where she still works. She is very large and very friendly and wants to be a dental assistant. Mr. Peterson was brought back as a kitten by Steve from a trip back home. It took several months and a neutering appointment at the vet before anyone realized she was female.

Hal is the manager at the copy shop. This is his first appearance.

That's Jim.

Flash Gordon was a science-fiction adventure comic strip that started in 1934, and adapted into three serial films between 1936 and 1940.

Mr. Peterson is a cat. Cats like sleeping in warm places such as those created by the sun shining through a house window onto indoor carpeting.

The one with the sunglasses and the striped shirt is Tony, mentioned earlier. To call a spade a spade, Tony is a douchebag.

Jim's parents divorced when he was young, and his mother was given custody. She never remarried. His father has appeared only once and I do not think appears a second time.

Jim is perhaps the single most passive being in existence.

I do not recall Dean appearing during the college strips and do not particularly feel like checking them all to be sure, but it wouldn't surprise me to find him if I did. I would be very surprised if we ever see him again, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Cicadalek posted:

Does anyone have that amazing "Mary Worth and the Counter Meddler" edit? It is my probably my favorite thing to come from any version of this thread

You can only be referring to Forktoss' magnum opus, THE FINAL MEDDLE:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Oh, right. I got distracted by the meddling and forgot why I actually came back here: more comics.

Ham Shears is named for an infectiously optimistic pig who moves from the farm to the big city and takes a job in a butcher's shop. I'm told the artist has a day job doing storyboards for The Regular Show, but I don't hold that against the strip. Released on a M-W-F schedule.

That's Ham in the middle, there, and I'll get to the others in due time. For now, know that the strip is just coming down from a storyline that took up 80-90% of the past year, wherein Viola, a femme fatale flame from Ham's pastoral past, showed up and framed him for a diamond heist. He was eventually found innocent, of course.

That's Ingrid in the glasses, and Jill with the anime haircut; Ham lives in their apartment. Ingrid tends to be pessimistic and easily aggravated, while Jill's character is more of a comedic straight-woman. (She's implied to be in unrequited lesbians with Ingrid, but that's not quite 100% definite yet.)

Boss is Ham's boss at the butcher's, and that's all we really know about him. Monica was introduced in the previous arc as Boss' inamorata; she was also Viola's partner, but whether Boss is actually so dense he can't read the writing on the wall or has just decided not to care about her criminal past is anybody's guess.

Side note: Boss refers to Ingrid as "Other Jill" for some reason. Despite apparently not knowing her name, he once treated her to a very romantic date, although afterwards he seemed to have had her confused with someone else at the time. That's Boss all over: just one big, muscular, phlegmatic question mark.

"Biography", on :aaaaa:&E!

That's up-to-date! And I'm left praying, praying that the next strip just skips straight to boarding. I couldn't take a month of TSA "humor". :(

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

scarycave posted:

I have no idea what this comic is.
Did the husband make it out ok? :ohdear:

Saint Michael didn't so much as get his eyebrows singed. :smugbert:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Tiggum posted:

Pretty sure it's not unrequited, I think it's just never explicitly confirmed to try to avoid complaints.

How do you figure that? Ingrid has never expressed any noticeable level of affection for anything, plus the strip is web-only as far as I know, so reader complaints are far less likely to be a concern.

Kammat posted:

Well this is gonna be a fun one. "Daddy, daddy, can we kill step-mama for you?" :stare:

Dear Lord, not even ten strips in and already this guy's neck-and-neck with Uncle Happy for "Creepiest Blaise Villain"!

But never mind that. Here's some comics I meant to post yesterday.

Jim's Journal

I guess Jim just doesn't understand cats.

Ham Shears

:doh:

And now, another introduction:

Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future is a seminal British adventure comic, published in the boys' periodical Eagle from its first issue in 1950 to its last in 1969. The central characters are the eponymous daredevil Chief Pilot of the International Space Fleet and his chubby, cheeky batman Digby, and atomic-age space opera is always the order of the day.

Anyone wanting to catch up on or revisit Dare's previous adventures can find them albumed up on my imgur account, but as for the current one, it's still early enough for a full summary: A spaceship of unknown design somehow appeared in orbit over Earth without its approach having been detected. Dare, Digby, and submarine commander Lex O'Malley (just introduced) flew up to try and make it identify itself, but before they could do anything more than stare at it expectantly, it spontaneously exploded and the remains fell into the Pacific Ocean just off Japan. Digby swears he saw another bit of the ship shoot off elsewhere just before the explosion, but he's from Lancashire so nobody pays him any mind.

...the scans usually look better than this, though. Or is that just me? (e: fixd)

Bitchtits McGee fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 3, 2014

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Yep, the ones you did before looked a bit better. Did you change something in your method?

The problem turned out to be the batch resizer I ran that bunch through... which is weird, because it's actually the same program I use to resize them manually. :iiam:, but not really a problem, except that I'll have to rescan everything, and that's really more of an annoyance than anything.

Hmm. I think I see what you mean now, Tiggum.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

:woop: Tracy gives us a late Christmas present!

EasyEW posted:

:patriot:PEACE IN OUR TIME :patriot:

Aardmania posted:

Psst! Spidey! Did you forget that you were still handcuffed?

Ghostlight posted:

I disagree, and offer this as evidence.

I am 1000% smiles right now. :allears:

Jim's Journal

All toasters are connected to the Crumb Dimension. I thought everybody knew that.

Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future

Christopher "Flamer" Spry is a cadet at Astral Academy who was unwittingly embroiled in Dare's previous adventure, Prisoners of Space. If you're wondering why he's being dragged along for this one, his character is apparently based on one Peter Hampson, son of the comic's creator and chief illustrator, Frank Hampson, so get used to him. v:rolleyes:v

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Fok_it posted:

Under no circumstances look to the sides. There be monsters.

I can vouch for that. :smith:

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Isn't "Monsieur" a little stiff if these two are supposed to be an item?

But how else is Holbrook supposed to remind us that she's French? Nationality has characteristic!

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Whoops, forgot Friday's comics.

Jim's Journal

You're the one who bought him those plain Cheerios, rear end in a top hat. Karma's a bitch. :smugbert:

Ham Shears

Maybe that's how What's-His-Name's parents got up there too?

:neckbeard: Title drop!! :neckbeard:

Now, here's what I normally (try to) post on the weekend:

Oor Wullie and The Broons are essentially the national comics of Scotland. Both started on the same day in March of 1936 in The Sunday Post, and have run there ever since. The transliterated brogue may take some getting used to, but I think you'll find creator Dudley Watkins knew his business well enough:

Wullie (Willie) is your classic Scamp archetype. Comics always begin with him sitting on his favorite bucket, and usually end with the same scene, though the events in between sometimes change the location up a bit.

The Broons (Browns?) are a "typical" Scottish family. From left to right in the sixth panel: bookish Horace, toddler the Bairn (never named otherwise), tall and ordinary Hen (short for Henry), local sweetheart Maggie, plain and plump Daphne, tough-but-fair Maw (also never properly named), Wullie-clones the Twins (likewise never named or even seen separately), owner of a donkey cart Bob Soutar (not a member of the family or even a regular as far as I know, but included for clarity), working everyman Paw Broon, and the rough-and-tumble Joe. Ludo appears to be parcheesi by another name.

edit: :doh: I knew I was forgetting something! Classic Wee Pals! It's pretty much just like the other Wee Pals that gets posted here, only it's from way back in 1968 when the strip was still only appearing in four papers nationwide.

...which was also a time when "real white of you" was still a thing people could say without any sort of irony whatsoever.

Bitchtits McGee fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 5, 2014

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Had a few things I planned to do once I got caught up with the thread, but unfortunately, one of them acquired priority along the way. The rest, after some rest.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Man, what is it with the hours today? I'd swear they weren't this slippery before!

tiistai posted:

If there's no fast Internet in heaven, I might just as well go to hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnevk-6h6aI

Mister Beeg posted:

(Mad #109, March 1967)

When he shared his collection of MAD books with me many years ago (the magazines having been long since lost), my dad singled this comic out as one of his all-time favorites. :) Looking forward to more.

AxeManiac posted:

He should have been punched for having that sign ready and waiting to go. Wonder how long that little fucker was holding on to it.

Connie's only punchlines back then were "threaten Oliver with violence" and "inflict violence upon Oliver", so he may well have seen her coming and decided it was better to be done and past as quickly as possible.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Les is being a dick but I'm with him here. Not just on the general principle of being an antagonist to the despicable main cast but the dude's gotta pee and ten others with him and you don't get to occupy all the loos all on your own.

What "ten others"? I thought the line was localized to ladyland.

Oh look, here comes Jim. What's the haps, Jimbo?

Neato. Hey, uh, hate to interrupt, but you haven't seen Dan around lately, have you? I figured he'd be up at the clubhouse like usual, but the place is empty... drat. Some app thought it'd be funny to wipe the contacts off my phone, too, so I'll have to wait to look up his number when I get home. Nah, it's just annoying, is all. Thanks anyway.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Bobbie Wickham posted:

This is the newspaper comic strip thread: stuff published in newspapers, not monthly publications devoted specifically to comics.

That puts Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future in the clear, then: Eagle was a weekly! :v:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Simian_Prime posted:

I have no idea what's going on in this comic, but I love the art.

It's like what H.P. Lovecraft would have drawn is he were illustrating underground comics in the 1970's.

I was just about to make almost this exact same post myself. Like, verbatim. Weeeeeeeiiiiirrrrd.

We now join Jim's Journal already in progress.

Krazy Kat makes their triumphant return! (Actual kat not included)

and Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future was there too

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Wanamingo posted:

Now should I be thumbnailing this? It is large, but vertically so instead of horizontally.

Tack an 'h' on the end of the filename, and imgur will process the image as a Huge thumbnail. Might try that? (There are a couple of other letters for other sizes, but I only ever use Huge so I can't remember the others.)

catlord posted:

Man, Morrie Turner was awesome.

Is. :colbert:

Kammat posted:

In the introduction, O'Donnell mentioned he never thought something like this would happen, but then Katrina blew in about 32 years after this story.

Hell, New Orleans never thought something like that would happen.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Midnight Moth posted:

Dude, Lady Lynx is wearing a fur coat. A fur coat. Whether or not she took a hat is the least of your worries.

It's herbivore fur that she killed herself. What's to worry about in that?

Follow your heart, Science Wolf! :3:

Jim's Journal

Huh. First I've ever heard of it.

:smug: "I can't wait to see that customer!"

:wth:

"Far away, like the music of the stars..." :lsd:

"It's not possible!" :aaaaa:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

EasyEW posted:

Rip Haywire

Isn't it a little early in the week for the happy ending?

Cobra's just off-panel, and she's still got that rifle.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Except at home.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

The Sexy Strong Female Character is emasculating The Unattractive Man With A Small Penis. If you've read the Day by Penis edits in the Political Cartoon thread, Brooke is basically running the exact same kind of "story" as Muir, just with a different ideological bent.

Please just stop. My mood is sour enough today without politoon poo poo leaking out all over it.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Wasn't this an SNL skit or something?

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Soylent Green is made from salespeople!!

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

and a-waaaa-aa-aaaaaaaayyy weeeeeee goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
I like to think the only way in which she identifies herself to others is as "Robbie's wife". No first name, no last name, just a statement. I also like to think that she's been cold-calling random numbers from the New York telephone directory and delivering the exact same exposition to whoever answers, and that it is only by sheer coincidence that she happened to call the number of the place where her husband actually was at the time.

Alternatively, it's really a telemarketer shilling some new breakthrough in wide-angle lens design while Peter has one of his hallucinatory seizures.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

I have said this all along, ET is the worst kind of vicarious entertainment for motherfuckers with no balls but a big hard on for social and political propriety. gently caress condo and and gently caress his power fantasies

This is an amusing statement. You are an amusing person.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Midnight Moth posted:

Could you please make a separate thread for MAD Magazine comics? It's not like it's that hard to make a new thread.

Although generally of the "post whatever" mentality, I'm with Moth on this one. The variety of content produced by MAD over the years is too great to comfortably fit in here. It needs its own thread where it can run and play and generate proper discussion and all that crapola.

Oor Broons

Krazy Kat seems to favor the "concept-of-the-week" model, so I figure I'll just dump 'em on you all at once when it's through with one, like so:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Wow... "boisterously gay." That's, like, a gay scale that goes to 11, huh?

:v:

It's like, "how much more gay could this be?", and the answer is "none". None more gay.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

:bravo:

Ema Nymton posted:

Why would that guy on TV say that?

Do news shows not have editorial segments anymore? Surely on cable...

RandomFerret posted:

Good for you, Past Tony Carillo! Men should be able to wear dresses without having some ulterior sex motives because dresses are pretty and comfortable!

And sentient beings are delicious, but just try getting the anti-Holbrook crusaders in this thread to admit it. :reject:

Jim's Journal started showing up on Saturdays at the beginning of the year, then stopped two weeks ago, then apparently started again this past weekend. Since I have a hard enough time sticking to one posting schedule without it changing arbitrarily like that, expect an extra strip on Mondays (or their nearest equivalent :v:).

I hate people who do this.

I love people who do this.

Cats are pretty neat. :3:

Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future reminds you to just say NO! to bath salts because context leads me to believe they are probably bad for you in some way or another. :shrug:

"Months"? Is prey really that scarce down there, or is it just attracted to the irresistible scent of protagonists?

"Attention, all personnel! Incoming wounded!"

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Where Charles Addams left off, Gahan Wilson took the wheel, immediately stashed it under his coat and ran away laughing like a motherfucker. He has yet to reveal its location to anyone still living (except possibly Kory Merritt).

When did you first become aware of this imagined "plot to get you", Mr. Potter?

I know for drat sure that I own at least two books of Wilson comics, but they must be hidden along with Chas' old wheel because I can't find the bastards anywhere. So I'm just going to be grabbing these where and as I can find them. Expect image size and/or quality to vary wildly. Missing captions will be recreated below the comic in italics. Nothing is sacred. I think I won!

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

scarycave posted:

- But which ones the real Mark? :ohdear:

Shadows are as good as sideburns. Also, NotMark's hair is wavy on top.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Good thing it's a shittily written comic with shallow characters written for laughs then because they're all horrible people.

Aw, dammit. Jane's World is gradually morphing into Dykes To Watch Out For. Looking back, the signs have been there all along, I just didn't want to see. :(

At least I can always count on Gahan Wilson for a pick-me-up.

:allears:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

JaggerMcDagger posted:

What is going on in this strip? Why are they trying to convert that baby to communism? Why is a communist baby so well drawn?

Archive is behind a paywall, but spoiler-blocking anyway to err on the side of caution:

Baby Michael is the son of a ballerina named Chariman (the only name I've found her called by yet, dunno if it's first or last) and Prince Frederick of Mythania. Communist revolutionaries staged a coup and killed the rest of Mythania's royal family, with only those three escaping the capital. Frederick later died while acting as a decoy so that his lover (wife? fiancee?) and child could escape to America, which leaves little Mikey as the last living person with a clear and rightful claim to the Mythanian throne.

On learning of this, rebel leader Maloventi packed up a few dozen spies and hopped the next flight Stateside. Objective: track them down, rescue the infant prince from the clutches of his capitalist pig-dog mother, then take him back to Mythania where his impressionable mind can be properly molded into a model of modern socialism, thereby disarming if not outright shattering the loyalist resistance and effectively ensuring that the only boots standing on the necks of the peasantry for any foreseeable future will be Soviet-issued.

The Commies had found Mommy and were almost literally just two steps behind her when she ducked into a park and tossed Michael into the arms of the first person she came across. This person just happened to be Desmond, butler to former US Marine-turned-private detective and all-around Renaissance man Remington "Rip" Kirby, and that's how the plot got started.

And that's the short version! :shepface:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

SubNat posted:

Motherfuckin' Moomin time y'all

When I get home, I'm going to start working on a version of :getin: with the frog replaced by a Moomin. Now, bear in mind that I'm so utterly inept at image editing that it's unlikely to be done this side of 2016, but by Gadfrey, I'm gonna start.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

The Creeps teaches us a valuable lesson. Pass this one on to your kids!

They're still living/hiding in Hi and Lois' house, in case you'd forgotten.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

That isnt commentary its electronic toilet paper.

Well, we gotta have something to deal with the poo poo you keep posting, don't we?

I love at the end when every Mary Worth in the world gets crammed together in one big fight scene. :)

what is wrong with your faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

Aesop Poprock posted:

That mustache is 100% sharpied onto it.

Why Sharpied? Why not etched on by laser, or carved with a mechanical pen? Sure, the suit's only on loan, but 3J's off the deep end now so what does he care! :buddy:

Jim's Journal

Petey would be proud.

Gahan Wilson

This has got to be the darkest Ballard Street EVER.

After tying a fleet of missiles around the medical emergency and launching them upwards, Dan prepares to shank a giant octopus like it was a prison informant. :black101:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Oh... poo poo. I'm not the one who was posting Addams so I can't say whether or not that one's a repost, but their drawing styles aren't anywhere near each other, so it's plenty embarrassing anyway. :shobon:

I actually paid attention to these, though! Even went and found a couple to demonstrate how their senses of humor were similar even if their artwork wasn't:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Julet Esqu posted:

I guess... do we want Johnny Hazard back? It's not my favorite, but it's not a big deal to keep posting it if people like it.

I could take it over, if you'd rather that. Been rather enjoying it myself.

Jim's Journal has not only skipped another Saturday, but I just noticed they skipped this past Wednesday, too. :psyduck: Maybe that had something to do with why I got confused and thought Friday was Thursday...

This Comic Made From 100% Certified Gahan Wilson Parts

Dan casts "Summon Bigger Fish"!

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Mister Beeg posted:

Yeah, Piranha Club did the same set-up before 20 years ago, back when it was titled "Ernie". It had a different ending; a pair of idiot criminal brothers steal the car full of horse poop, thinking it's marijuana. After they were informed of what they really are by their boss, they decide to sell them anyway because "drug users are idiots".

I just don't understand Bud Grace's motivation. If he's so lazy that he's recycling plots from his comic's glory days, why does he go through the effort of picking out and destroying anything that resembles humor from them beforehand?

:psyduck:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Pvt.Scott posted:

Maybe they just like After the Bomb.

Or Albedo's a bit more likely.

Midnight Moth posted:

Moose and Molly

I don't expect a storyline or even that it will ever be mentioned again, but still, Moose & Molly has to be one of the last strips I'd have expected to take a turn like this...

Why is Leopold surprised by the explosion of the grenade he himself claimed to have planted in Gary's oatmeal? Does he somehow not know what grenades do?

Gorilla Salad posted:

Okay, the comic was good, but that line made me lose it.

If it's stupid, but it works, then it ain't stupid. :colbert:

Oor Broons is being held hostage by my scanner because I didn't have the time before work to negotiate demands.

Then Krazy Kat makes me a liar by going completely theme-free. All against me, I'm tellin' yas! :tinfoil:

(In case of "Unkil Tom" discussion, break glass.)

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Who's kid is that, anyway? Is Nemi enrolled in the "Big Brother, Big Sister" program? Do they even have that in Norway?

Johnny Hazard

Man, what is it with the dialects in these old comics?

Krazy Kat may as well shift over to daily posts now that I've got something else to post daily. Just a couple extra today that I held in reserve because the comic's original weekly schedule doesn't match with Comics Kingdom's uploading schedule, and we're back to theming:

And hey, what luck! Classic Mandrake is just starting a new storyline today!

...not the most auspicious beginning, but we'll see where it leads...

Jim's Journal

Jim's not a vending machine, lady. I know he gives that sort of impression, but trust me on this one.

Man, do I love these pages. :allears:

:siren: PLOT BEGINS NOW :siren:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Holy poo poo, so do I! That is the coolest format! I seem to recall DD doing that in the past too.

At least once, reporting on Earth's then-ongoing food crisis back in Voyage to Venus (maybe Red Moon Mystery, too, but I'd have to check). A creative solution to the age-old problem of exposition dumping, and it fleshes out the setting at the same time.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Thanks Bitchtits!

Thbitchtits. :v:

That joke will never get old. :haw:

Wanamingo posted:

I just want to say, I appreciate Krazy Kat being posted again. It's a good comic.

Non-depressing factoid I learned from his Wikipedia page: Krazy Kat was apparently not very popular with readers in its day, but William Randolph Hearst a personal fan and gave Herriman a lifetime contract with King Features Syndicate.

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Speaking of problems with exposition dumping... (Also his gun is a pacifist ha ha ha that is zany. :geno:)

Oh just pair 'em off already fer chrissakes. Gunther the Wunder-Weenie trying to flex his cremaster ain't gonna be enough if you're really wanting to sell this "new management" bit.

Turn the tables on her, Gil: come back tomorrow suggesting a friendly game of "Mao". :getin:

Gahan Wilson

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

I'm becoming more and more convinced you don't actually know what this word means, only that it means something unpleasant, so you just throw it at everything that annoys you like a swearing schoolkid.
(Door's open, come on in.)

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Uh, I'm clueless. What's the reference?

No reference: they didn't recognize them as sunglasses because the art is not very artful.

Probably Magic posted:

Also, regarding our Dog Comix....

This is why Poncho is specifically King of the Dog Hobos. Sort of like Death of Rats.

If it turns out tomorrow that he's wrapped the mailman in bandages, then I just don't know.

Pidmon posted:

Oh yeah you're so loving out there with your reference, not like there was a Get Smart movie only a few years ago with loving Steve Carell AND The Rock in it.

Did he say "Maxwell Smart's shoe"? No, he did not. :colbert:

Johnny Hazard

When a package meets a package, comin' through the rye...

Krazy Kat

Ahh, Ignatz must have stocked up on those new "POW-less" bricks. Very crafty.

Classic Mandrake

Ohhhhhhh heck. Between Narda's clenched-fist murderface in the third panel and Lothar being referred to as a "what" in the fourth, I'm still not certain whether we're jumping in at a good point or a bad one, but some kinda poo poo's about to go down, that's for drat sure.

Gahan Wilson

Hey, that reminds me: what ever happened to Holy Molé?

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Especially since it was his hand. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Grilox posted:

If the reference was actually good, he would have.

Missed this point before, but the reason he didn't is because the reference was only there to hide the pun. Smart's phone, geddit?
:redandrover:

Ghostlight posted:

The problem with that is that Don Adams was just an actor using a prop.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

Midnight Moth posted:

Wait, we love Dustin now? Since when?

Love comes in many sizes. :chord:

• Locked thread