Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Tias posted:

If we're making a character gallery, we need Manc: Crazy old coot who will try to talk about GAYS AND NATURAL LAW every chance he or she gets.

Like I wrote in the other thread, she is a literal antebellum sorcerer cursed with everlasting life, and buried in a hole for something like 150 years - and so has more and better reasons to be freeper levels out of touch than they do.

That it is :sigh:

Savagesuzie is the one who rambles about natural law. Manc is the one who rambles incoherently about homosexuals and how they love having sex in the rear end, with poop. Dude never edits or revises anything he writes and often changes tacks midsentence. Here is my favorite manc quote (sorry for no link):

quote:

I;m a guy, my wife said a mans man but I love women, love everything about women but how th ehell can a guy state he likes having sex with mens asses, anal sex and having sex poking feces.

It;s frigging sick and the sooner the idiots who support this wake up the better.
Hell they think because of their sick sex they should play family and get or buy kids.

7 posted on 03/20/2013 6:22:54 PM PDT by manc (Marriage =1 man + 1 woman,when they say marriage equality then they should support polygamy)

Also, horrible confession, but the reason I bought an SA account is because I was partway through the previous Freep thread and D&D went behind a paywall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Orca??????????????

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

When I read something that crazy and think "wow that is literally 100% opposite of how things actually are," it makes me wonder if I, in fact, am the crazy one. Seriously, fire bellied democrats? Appeasing, compromising Republicans?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

PUGGERNAUT posted:

It's gotta be exhausting to hate so many people.

I think you will find that hating all freepers is actually quite invigorating.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

Our programs are better, we are LOUSY at expressing them. Limbaugh does a good job as he describes how conservatism really helps people.

I love when freep posts are literally indistinguishable from high level Republican strategy memos.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Smiling Knight posted:

Just picking out this from the pile of poo poo because it is so obviously wrong. The entire American Southwest was conquered via war from another indisputably sovereign state, as was Puerto Rico, Guantanamo, Wake and Midway and Guam. The Midwest, Florida, and Hawaii were seized from natives in a combination of wars and coercive treaties which were immediately broken. Did this individual simply not take 6th grade history?

Literally the entire territory of the United States was acquired by warring on and forcibly relocating Native Americans. Like, all of it. Like I don't understand how ignorant of history you have to be to not realize that the origin of the United States is as colonies of the British Empire, as enshrined on our loving flag. :psyduck:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Twitchy isn't a twitter alternative, it's a twitter curation website for the type of loons who read Drudge and Free Republic. Michelle Malkin founded/runs it.

e: I didn't know MRAs posted on freep.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

kik2dagroin posted:

Allen West On Obama” He “Abjectly Despises” Whites...

quote:

To: Impala64ssa
“How long will it be before “you people” realize you have elevated someone to the office of president who abjectly despises you — not to mention his henchman Holder. Combined they are the most vile and disgusting racists”
I realized this in 2008 when I first became aware of Obama and began educating myself about him. To me this is obvious. I don't understand how so many white people can be so ignorant and naive. It is almost beyond my comprehension how they can not understand things that are so obvious.

4 posted on 1/16/2014 11:57:40 AM by detective
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Freepers: It is almost beyond my comprehension how they can not understand things that are so obvious.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Georgia Peach posted:

Learn to aim, I guess?

This is rude to people with bad eyes. I'm not finding my glasses just to go to the bathroom! Sitting on the toilet is the only way to go.

Also, any Freep reaction to Richard Sherman's postgame interview? Twitter exploded with racism last night.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Well thank you all for covering Richard Sherman for me; I was running out the door to work or I would have looked myself. And speaking of football...

The Questionable Ethics of Teaching my Son Football

quote:

To: deks; Revolting cat!; GeronL; Slings and Arrows
Why bother? They’ve gayed it up with disco diva dance singers, pink ribbons for abortionists, and refuse to air footage of cheerleaders shaking their hips.

Add to it the thuggary and billion dollar welfare queens who make dime off the public taxpayers.

WHO NEEDS IT?

4 posted on 1/20/2014 1:30:26 PM by a fool in paradise ("Health care is too important to be left to the government.")

quote:

and refuse to air footage of cheerleaders shaking their hips
They don't shake hips any more, they do booty call dances to raunchy rap lyrics, they start them on that in elementary school these days

5 posted on 1/20/2014 1:36:22 PM by GeronL (Extra Large Cheesy Over-Stuffed Hobbit)

quote:

To: deks
If the NFL takes measures to make the game a little safer, I may or may not agree.

For example:
Clipping, as a penalty, is a good thing.
Rough the passer, as a penalty, has been overused.
Ball-carrier lowering his head, as a penalty, is just wrong.

But when the NFL started issuing penalties for “taunting” and “excessive celebration”, that is a dead give-away that liberals are in charge of the game and it is only a matter of time.

13 posted on 1/20/2014 1:50:57 PM by kidd

Hmm hmm yes it's liberals who are mad at Richard Sherman and those showboating negroes.

quote:

To: GeronL
The cheerleaders are BARELY broadcast on NFL games at all (you have to really look to see a glimpse) and on SeeBS yesterday (same network that aired Elvis on Sullivan over 55 years ago) they were shot strictly above the waist.

Car ads had women driving them with submissive men in the back. Technology ads had single parent women raising their kids.

I don’t own a tv anymore. I rarely watch professional sports, let alone on tv, anymore.

But I know what I see.

14 posted on 1/20/2014 1:51:34 PM by a fool in paradise ("Health care is too important to be left to the government.")

--------

Obama Compares Pro Football to Smoking, Says He Wouldn't Let Son Play

quote:

To: Sir Napsalot
It’s too bad his son is dead. Turns out trying to smash an armed man’s head is more dangerous than football.

2 posted on 1/20/2014 12:20:23 PM by demshateGod (The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.)

Trayvon!

quote:

Compare this statement with Patton's statement that football is an excellent education for life and combat. More of the pussification of the US by dear leader, Obama.
14 posted on 1/20/2014 12:36:00 PM by vetvetdoug

:freep: takin are freedoms to concuss are children into senility!!! :freep:

quote:

I always thought the the P in POTUS was for President but I guess I’m mistaken, since 2009 PU$$ie is more appropriate.

15 posted on 1/20/2014 12:37:24 PM by Rappini (Veritas vos Liberabit)

Well thank goodness he censored it.

quote:

We are entering the end stage of this c-suckers reign. The same as the last days of Hitler. A very tricky time, the man is to go completely off his rocker, that is, if he even had any mental capacity to begin with.

21 posted on 1/20/2014 12:44:56 PM by crz

quote:

To: Dilbert San Diego
Don’t count on it. The media is on-board with this agenda, even if his delivery sucked. Those at the highest levels of academia have put american football in their cross hairs. Chronic traumatic encephalopathy is all the craze in the TBI research world. For the last decade it was all about blast injury and military-related TBI. Money was flowing to look into the effects of blast on the brain, and to a large extent it still is, but many are now seeing that avenue of research funding as having a limited lifespan. Many are jumping to chronic sports head injuries as the new prime focus. Most really aren’t looking for therapeutics or improved preventative measures, they’re looking to characterize how bad it is and demonize the NFL.

It may seem ridiculous to most here, but those at the top genuinely believe that given enough time, they can minimize or do away with American football altogether and in the process attract huge sums of money in grants from the government and special interest groups in order to study it. I sincerely believe that it’s a major long term goal for a number of elites in the academic world, just based on what I’ve overheard myself while attending various scientific conferences around the world.

Just think about how far liberals have come in advancing their agenda in the last 20 years alone. What may seem silly and ridiculous to you today may become tomorrow’s reality if we brush it aside as too silly to even entertain as a possibility.

41 posted on 1/20/2014 1:50:36 PM by messierhunter

I would like to live in this freeper's world where scientific research were more lucrative than sports.

quote:

To: vetvetdoug
American football is a major item in the liberal’s war on all things masculine, and they sincerely believe they can undermine it in the long term. I for one believe them. This is just one beat in a long chain of beating the drum against the NFL, and American football in general. I’m not in a position that will allow me to name names, but speaking for myself I know Obama has at least glanced at mine and my coworkers’ research on the subject. Some of that directly relates to the current attention being given to “concussions.” Personally, my research is focused on reducing injuries and improving outcomes with cutting edge science, but most of the research in the field is currently just focused on trying to prove how detrimental it is to your health. Most aren’t really looking for a solution, other than to discourage people from participating.

43 posted on 1/20/2014 1:59:10 PM by messierhunter

This messierhunter person is crazy!

quote:

[pictures of Obama smoking]

44 posted on 1/20/2014 2:00:01 PM by E. Pluribus Unum (Who knew that one day professional wrestling would be less fake than professional journalism?)

Aaaand I'm spent.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

If you want to see some truly crazy poo poo about race and football, check out Caste Football, a website about how white players who want to be running backs or defensive backs are discriminated against, because of pervasive societal anti-white racism.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

^^^^^yes and also he greenlit Iron Man or something ridiculous.

Reminder that a writer for ESPN lost their job after using "chink in the armor" to describe a bad game by an Asian basketball player.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

re: the braindead pregnant woman in Texas, the fetus wasn't even viable. Also, it is beyond grotesque use a braindead woman as basically a birthing pod, but then again this is Republicans in 2014 :v:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

America?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

cafel posted:

This is loving horrifying. I've gotten really hosed up in tandem with female friends many a time and funnily enough I never sexually assaulted any of them. These people lack any kind of loving human dignity or empathy.

Yes that's horrifying but "At the time I was using the most effective contraceptive ever created; my personality." is really loving funny.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I googled "Romanian term limits" -- the first result informed me that the president of Romania is limited to two five year terms, which I don't think the freeper was going for. The fifth, result, on the other hand, links to this freep thread, which gives us:

quote:

To: Standing Wolf
John Kennedy once said something like ‘those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable.’ I believe the term “Romanian term limits” covers that situation. If I were a politician in D.C. I’d stay away from lamp-posts just as a matter of principle.

22 posted on 3/19/2013 12:30:46 PM by oldfart (Obama nation = abomination. Think about it!)

So, yeah, just another call for the violent overthrow and execution of Obama.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

amuayse posted:

I don't know a lot about minimum wage jobs, but aren't they supposed transitory? Are there really so many people who depend on them as a sole source of income for more than 5 years? Please educate me on this, I know I'm missing something obvious. :confused:

Straight from the Bureau of Labor Statistics:

It's true that a bit less than half of minimum wage workers are under 25, but that means that more than half are older than 25. There are a lot of places out there where just about the only job for people without college degrees are in retail, fast food, and other lovely jobs like that. There's nothing else for them. I work in staffing and you wouldn't believe how many resumes I see with 10, 15, 20 years of experience working at various retail, fast food, or low level call center positions. There's no upward mobility to these jobs.

And raising the minimum wage to the level some are proposing - 10/hour - would affect a huge number of people. Again, at my staffing job, none of the jobs we work pay minimum wage. But a hell of a lot of them pay less than 10/hour, so raising the minimum wage would hugely benefit those people.

In some ideal world yes minimum wage would be for high school and college kids working over the summer, but that is laughably far from the reality of America's economy.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I unironically agree with a freeper that Social Security should be expanded instead of funneling money into bonds.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Death penalty sought for accused Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

quote:

To: bryan999
the criminal trial; better happen fast or pResident 0'ButtCrack
won't be able to pardon him..offer clemency.

2 posted on 1/30/2014 1:34:27 PM by skinkinthegrass (The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun..0'Caligula / 0'Reid / 0'Pelosi)

I have no idea if you can center anything in BBcode but this guy's comment is centered and it looks really funny.

quote:

Let the sentence Publicly Hung.
4 posted on 1/30/2014 1:36:53 PM by SandRat (Duty - Honor - Country! What else needs said?)

#freejahar can down with this :pervert:

quote:

Why not send him to Guantanomo and torture him for the names of terrorists in his homeland, and hand that list to Putin for appropriate family therapies?

8 posted on 1/30/2014 1:41:55 PM by grania

Unexpected but in retrospect unsurprising Putin love!

quote:

I don’t want him executed until we learn all the facts
about the case—ie, there was that suspect killed while
being interrogated by the FBI in Florida.

As well, I don’t believe that the two brothers were alone;
I think they had help. So who were their helpers?

9 posted on 1/30/2014 1:43:04 PM by CondorFlight (I)

Does anyone know why some freepers format their posts like this? I truly don't understand it.

quote:

To: BenLurkin
He is too white for those racist Hollyweird lefties. They only support murders of color.

12 posted on 1/30/2014 1:45:00 PM by Dutch Boy

Reverse racist liberals.

quote:

“After consideration of the relevant facts, the applicable regulations and the submissions made by the defendant’s counsel, I have determined that the United States will seek the death penalty in this matter,” Attorney General Eric H. Holder
I trust this Tsarnaev kid, who hasn't been convicted of anything, more than Holder.

13 posted on 1/30/2014 1:51:23 PM by Count of Monte Fisto (The foundation of modern society is the denial of reality.)

:stare:

quote:

The punk wants his virgins. I say we give him LWOP in solitary... Make him wait for the carnal pleasures as long as possible... /Sarc

16 posted on 1/30/2014 2:00:48 PM by BigEdLB (Now there ARE 1,000,000 regrets - but it may be too late.)

So is he for or against executing Dzhokhar?

quote:

Funny, Federal prosecuters pretty much give the criminals they like carte blanche these days.

I guess the NWO/CIA/DOJ wants no loose ends on this one.

17 posted on 1/30/2014 2:01:26 PM by PieterCasparzen (We have to fix things ourselves)

:freep: FALSE FLAG :freep:

Honestly the reaction is not as ghoulish as I was expecting but then again this is breaking news, so it will surely get worse.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

cafel posted:

Jesus Christ, what scum. What utter trash. I wonder if this poster has ever had to deal with going to bed hungry every night for days on end? If they've ever had to deal with not knowing when or where their next meal would come from? I'm normally able to laugh these people off, but I hope someone steals all of this guys money so they can eat and he can deal with being hungry. I'm sure he'd stand by his principals that no one should help him if he can't pay.

It's probably too long but Freepers: an interesting method of cementing into the heads of children that they have a right to eat even if they cannot pay would be a good new title for the thread.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Of course you'd say that, you have the brainpan of a stagecoach tilter!

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone else surprised that a freeper would be aware of Elmer Gantry?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Do y'all think freepers are aware of Rap Genius? Because ahahaha someone annotated nearly every line of that song! What could that pedophilia line possibly mean?

quote:

It angers the homosexual community when Bizzle compares them to pedophiles. That is because pedophiles are seen as sick and twisted people. He then asks what makes homosexuals any less sexually immoral. The generic response would be referring to how homosexuals are just born that way. Bizzle continues questioning if pedophiles are just born pedophiles. He finishes saying that he wants proof of the “I was born this” theory. Currently there is no consensus among scientists on the decision of whether sexual orientation is completely based on genetics or not.

But there's another annotation!

quote:

Bizzle is asking the LGBT community how their perversions are somehow better than that of a pedophile. Note that he is not saying a pedophile who actually molests a child is the same as a gay person. He is simply talking about impulses. He proves once again the hypocrisy of the homosexual community by showing that they condemn pedophiles, yet they didn’t choose the way they are. Bizzle responds by suggesting that in the same way a gay didn’t necessarily choose to be gay, a pedophile didn’t necessarily choose to be a pedophile. He also counters the homosexual banter that they were born the way they are not by debunking those claims, but by asking them to prove pedophiles weren’t born the way they are.

So I think that's settled.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

The soviets are back?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Freep has gotten worse but at the same time you have to remember that the website is frequented by the kind of people who saw a charming white guy from Arkansas in the White House and formed militias lest Bubba send in the UN's black helicopters to take their guns. Because he's a democrat. Of course a black man in the white house is going to drive them into the deep end.

Also, from the last page, but no discussion of coal mining songs is complete without Come All You Coal Miners.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

I don't know if there is a cause-and-effect connection, but we have seen some recent episodes of courthouse violence in this country. I wonder whether there may be some connection between the perception in some quarters on some occasions where judges are making political decisions yet are unaccountable to the public, that it builds up and builds up and building up to the point where some people engage in violence.

Freeper, or Senator from Texas?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Freepers: The only freedom of religion still standing in America is going to be the worship of the anus

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Finnankainen posted:

quote:

To: 7thson
Grrrrrrrrrrrr...(grinding teeth and breaking several pencils)...

Scouts Out! Cavalry Ho!
11 posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:00:52 PM by wku man (We are the 53%! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUXN0GDuLN4)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

TVTropes account haver spotted.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

cafel posted:

Also, lol they want a talk show host to be loving Attorney General of the United States. At least no matter how wacky liberals get you don't see them calling for the instillation of Rachel Maddow as Surgeon General or some poo poo.

Mark Levin has a JD though.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Rodamala sounds like a redditor.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Here is a link to the interview where the NASA guy said:

quote:

[H]e wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math; he wanted me to expand our international relationships; and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science and engineering — science, math and engineering.

He refers to Obama, obviously. Clearly this is the work of a future caliphate!

I think it's extra funny because the quote was initially given to Al Jazeera.

edit: fixed formatting

Swan Oat fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 20, 2014

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

Why is basketball the, of all things, penultimate example of diversity? It's exactly the second purest example?

What's the ultimate example? Or the antepenultimate example for that matter? I want to see the diversity rankings, freep! :colbert:

MLS is apparently the most diverse league in the US.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

katium posted:

From the "Johnny Weir and his husband split up" thread:

It's kind of an impressive list. I bet some of those will be used for Obama in the future.

Link to post: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3135472/posts

Everyone who has ever posted in this thread should have their names changed to one of these.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

In Beijing, Michelle Obama Speaks Out for Free Speech
To: maggief

I have never seen a picture of this woman that she doesn’t look angry. Every picture on this trip she is beaming with delight. She is home.

40 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:31:17 AM by NoExpectations

This is amazing. Bathhouse Barry is a secret Kenyan muslim, and MOOchelle is secretly Chinese. How deep does the rabbit hole go? :tinfoil:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Unironically agree with Freepers that the Fairness Doctrine should be reinstated.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

poor man's mini-non-nukes

It rolls right off the tongue!

Also, why would you salt a desert?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

It's come to this.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate Disco > Freepers: I'm gay

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

kik2dagroin posted:

To: ImJustAnotherOkie
Well, it was unintentional on my part - but it certainly fits.

Not being a fag, I guess that dick isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when I see the phrase “rammed down our throats”.

30 posted on 03/31/2014 7:46:57 AM PDT by sipow
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies ]

I thought "ram [x] DOWN OUR THROATS" was gay dogwhistlin'. Am I... am I gay? :gay:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

oBomaScare? That doesn't even make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Why does it surprise you that a website full of paranoid doomsday preppers also has home gardening enthusiasts?

• Locked thread