Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
DarkSydeBrad. I'm watching AGDQ replays but I've seen stubborn Brad streams enough to know what I'm not missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
The parrying system of Revengeance tops any mechanic DmC has and I've played all of both. If you enjoyed the satisfaction of pulling off Witch Time dodges in Bayonetta wait till you parry a Gekko's charge into a one hit stun and Zandatsu.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Aww I was hoping they'd give the "All we're saying is give war a chance!" line it's due in the Revengeance QL.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

coolskillrex remix posted:

Is something wrong with jeff, has brad been giving his lesssons, every quickloook in 2014 has been pretty brad even though brad hasnt been playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWOUxmh_YfY&feature=player_detailpage#t=555

I liked Jeff's complete dismissal of Vinny's "I dunno maybe you play as Link in SMB later on" suggestion because they do exactly that but with Link in Donkey Kong just a stage or two after what they played. Not defending NES Remix's slow start just found that funny.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
As long as you're not using a Vita to play that girl rubbing game you're safe.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Hot Shots Golf?

No. Marta would never allow such a thing.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Honestly the biggest problem I have with the way MGR teaches controls is the the upgrade menu tells you nothing about how to do the moves you buy. No other character action game does that.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Holding out the smallest hope that maybe playing a Souls game will get Brad to realize he should take advice from people in the studio. Smallest hope.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Something about the upgrade system in Demons' just never clicked with me, both before and after I played Dark. Also for as badly labeled as Dark's menus are, Demons' is worse. All your attributes being designated as wavy lines in different formations is terrible.

Still enjoyed a lot of Demons', just not to the degree as I did with Dark.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
This is so not a Demons' Souls stream.

e: wait I had that weird bug where it was just playing last week's UPF. Hadn't watched it yet due to AGDQ so I had no idea.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Everything but the actual playfield in this Dr Luigi looks like poo poo. Why is Luigi waving his arm like that/why do the 3D viruses look nothing like the 2D ones playfield/why is one pink.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
If Viva Pinata wasn't docked any points for using loving Comic Sans they reviewed it wrong.

(that said it's a pretty good game and the semi-sequel is even better.)

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Having Vinny back in the control room has already paid off. Ian did a decent job but never got comfortable enough to just gently caress around with it.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Everyone else slowly getting into the Souls series while Jeff has none of it is fantastic. DSII might just have a shot this year.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Oh hell yeah Sportsfriends. Can't wait for it to finally come out to PS4.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Crowbear posted:

Pole Riders is the best thing in the collection, no contest.

It depends on how well Joust is done with the new Dual Shocks since they have both lightbars and speakers now.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I wish GFW episodes were archived down to the segment like Idle Thumbs ones are because I'd love to find the where they just crapped on one of MS's GFWL ads where like 3 guys were shouting at the same random Shadowrun screenshot.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
God I hope Jeff posts and confirms that story.

UK duder: don't be that guy.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I've just ended up running into them on the PAX floor at random times, you don't really plan on meeting them there besides the panel and parties they do.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So Patrick is going to do a marathon stream tomorrow and try to finish the rest of Dark Souls. Which is probably pretty doable for him.

How long has he been playing it less than 2 weeks now? I thought he was crazy with the way he was talking about how there were so many games he wanted to play start to finish in the winter.

e:He also just beat Olmec in Spelunky.

cronox2 fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 20, 2014

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Also that argument is about a tweet of a figure design for Quiet, the bikini clad sniper from MGS5, which is perhaps more embarrassing than that conversation.

e:

cronox2 fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 20, 2014

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

But the best Metal Gear game is the latest one. It's an upward trajectory.

That's because outside of Raiden and 5 minutes of Sunny there isn't a single returning character from the rest of the series. And yeah, Kojima was probably involved in it as much as he was on Castlevania: LoS.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Plus she probably sparkles or something because Kojima is a huge fan of the Twilight series.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Why would you even think that?

Is there anything subtle about the MGS series? That twist honestly wouldn't be that surprising.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Why do the cat monsters have the same screams as the Quake 1 enemies. That's hilarious.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Patrick's an rear end in a top hat.

because Sif is one of the saddest characters of Dark Souls and that was some uncalled for taunting there at the end

Someone should show these guys all of VaatiVidya's lore videos sometime.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Noxville posted:

He's making real short work of Four Kings.

Pfft only OP noobs have to kill four of them.

There's a glitch that the hitbox for each one stays there for a couple seconds after they're killed so you can get 1-2 extra hits. You end up facing a little less than 3 of them in that fight doing that.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I dunno about you but I go to Giant Bomb for the latest about Vinny's bro news, Jeff's mancave corner and Brad's manscaping minute. I was also completely pissed off that they got rid of Nicholson because I really needed to know how to build up my arm strength!

Hashy posted:

She really does have a point. Also, check out David Jaffe https://twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/425435781138632705

Jesus, really man?

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Saint Freak posted:

Games journalists are one of my top 10 sources of entertainment.

I just don't think they get why.

The entire industry has been hilarious since about this time last year when SimCity came out.

2014 is off to a fast start today with this incident and Microsoft's Youtube payola.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Patrick's about to take on Gwyn for those not watching.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
YOU DEFEATED

Gwyn is so soft to parrying. Congrats Patrick.

e:Noooo he relit the flame!

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Mutation posted:

I don't think any Capcom game is going to be saved, right? I'm guessing it's because Capcom no longer works with the porting company and like hell if they know how poo poo works, or are willing to learn.

They're getting rid of it in SSIVAE*.

*if you buy the Ultra edition upgrade DLC that is.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I imagine it'll be a Borderlands 2 scenario where's it's pretty much the main game just heavily refined...without the obnoxious writing and meme based attempts at humor.

I just hope Namco isn't treating this like Square would where because they've been marketing it heavily they aren't expecting crazy sales in the first month because that's not going to happen in all likelihood.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

cheesetriangles posted:

Patrick content has been great lately and hopefully his dark souls videos get uploaded onto the site at some point for more exposure. I never really cared for his solo content but he has been killing it these past few weeks. I'm not sure why the rest of the crew doesn't do more spur of the moment low production stuff. Just a basic stream like thousands of other people do is easily done and would be likely be popular site content. They talk about how much work breaking down and putting up the set is. Just don't use it for everything. I would much rather have more content than have higher production values.

I've said it before: sick of facecams on every non QL video on the site.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

hitze posted:

Have they still not had a sale on memberships?

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/pax-store-membership-codes-1451036/

I forget which one but one of those $15 off codes worked on Saturday for me.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Liquid Penguins posted:

I had no idea kessler left. Maybe daily dota is tolerable now, I should give it another shot.

Working at Sony basically means you don't get to show up on anything anymore, ex-1UP'ers Shane Bettenhausen disappeared from all podcasts after he went there and Nick Suttner is only on the official Sony podcast now.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Crowbear posted:

Jeff just tweeted about Tim Schafer and Greg Rice swinging by the office so there's probably some Broken Age coverage coming soon.

Broken Age QLEX just went up.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-ex-broken-age/2300-8391/

e:f,b.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Didn't Q games sell a gently caress load of copies of PixelJunk Eden during the last steam sale they actually made a profit or something?

Made back their entire budget on the game because it was $.99 for 8 hours.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Hakkesshu posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the full game, also. This happens quite frequently. Didn't Super Meat Boy sell more on its first week on PC than it did in the entirety of its XBLA lifespan?

Something like that. A crazier story about McMillen came out in that Indie Game The Movie special edition, he was originally going to sell the rights for Binding of Isaac to Adult Swim Games for like 40 grand.

Sidenote: Powerbombcast recording tonight according to Alex's twitter. Been looking forward to this one since the WWE Network got announced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Demon's Souls is now a 3D brawler.

• Locked thread