Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Another great Freeza line from abridged.

Freeza "Stop hitting yourself, Stop hitting yourself."
Vegeta "But you're the one hitting me."
Freeza "Au contraire Vegeta, you brought this on yourself."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

furiouskoala posted:

Piccolo too I guess.

Nah Piccolo would be stronger. He was slightly stronger then 17 even though he could not beat him due to 17 infinite stamina. After this Piccolo did the year of training in 1 day so he would have surpassed 17 and 18 at that point.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Petiso posted:

Actually, it sorta makes sense... because that actually worked before!

Yes forgetting about the entire !7 has infinite energy so it never would have worked. Giving 17 and 18 energy adsorbers would not be a bad idea as it allows them to protect themselves from Ki attacks with no issue.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

my cat is norris posted:

I'd seen Battle of the Gods in Japanese, because I'm one of those people who thrived off fansubs back in the day and never gave the English cast a fair shot. I knew the plot, the jokes, and went to the showing tonight expecting no surprises.

The English cast loving killed it. I guess it's time I watch Kai in a different language! I loved tonight's showing, loved the way the humor was handled, and thought Beers (is that what they're calling him in English?) had a great actor behind him. I did not expect drunk Bulma to be half as well played and hilarious as she was. Or Vegeta. MY BULMAAAAAAAAAA!!

That was a really fun night. :3:

Beerus not Beers

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In the Manga he did not. He just said that Trunks was going to die shot a blast at him Trunks dodged it fired the Burning attack sliced Freeza to bits.

Freeza never had a chance to power up or anything.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm loving the poo poo out of this arc, yeah. Gast doesn't seem as strong as he's become in the main story, and Cold seems strong enough at full power to make the fight interesting - even if it doesn't wind up being that close.

I really want to see more Cold, honestly. Tragically underused character. Evil overlord, stronger than Freeza in what we have reason to assume is his second of four forms, gets chumped before he gets to do poo poo.

The second he saw Freeza get sliced he should have powered up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darko posted:

To be fair, he never saw or felt Buu while angry (when his eyes open and steam comes out). He just saw the fat, goofy one. When angry, Fat Buu was probably somewhere near Super or something since he easily handled anyone around him (normally, he just let himself be beaten up or danced around and stuff); Super was basically him just always angry.

Fat Buu was just Super Buu without being childish, goofy and honestly fairly docile.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tae posted:

SSJ3 Gotenks would've beaten Buu if it weren't for the worst drawback of playing around because of super arrogance. Otherwise the only useful application was getting enough of a power boost to open dimensional holes by yelling a lot.

I don't think he would have won. Buu and him were too close in power, I don't think he would have been able to kill him before the transformation wore off.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I should note that Beerus (Who is a pretty good judge for stuff like this.) Said that he seriously doubted that Goku could have beaten Freeza in his base form when they first met.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

BlitzBlast posted:

I dunno, you'd kind of expect a god to be able to draw out more inner potential than some old guy. Especially when the old guy took like a minute while the god has a whole ritual going on.

Well the god was also some old guy. Also din't he finish the ritual then forget to tell Gohan he actually finished it or am I not remembering correctly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RZApublican posted:

It changes day-to-day.

It's pretty much been Purple, Green or Blue. It was a bluish green for most of the series.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Well, Xenoverse helped me learn that Freeza had an alligator dude called Blueberry and a human-looking dude with an arm cannon called Raspberry. Can't wait to play as them.

In the new movie the Freeza's minions are Sorbet and Tagoma (His name is a pun on the Japanese word for egg apparently)

All of Freeza's minions are named after food and stuff. Appule, Kiwi. I think Chilled from that Bardock comic had a henchman named Pineapple. (That may have just been DBZ abridged however.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheKingofSprings posted:

Goku's base form at this point is head and shoulders above where Frieza was or even the strongest Super Saiyan form he had available, since he kept most of the god power.

Beerus said Goku was not as strong as Freeza in base.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also earlier discussion, but re: Beerus saying Goku was too weak to kill Frieza, did everyone in this thread have a stroke and forget Goku and Friend's whole secret weapon/gimmick of hiding their power levels? Like, Trunks and Goku both got theirs down to single digit levels before 'powering up, not even counting Transformations/techniques like the Kaioken.

Yes but he had just been training and had no reason to suppress it. Plus I think a God would know if it was being hidden.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mordaedil posted:

They couldn't even sense Beerus.

Also, power levels are bullshit.

Yeah well Beerus seems to have some god thing were he can't be sensed or overpowered by those who are not gods or have godly power.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The actual songs lyics are pretty much just as cheesy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyAEB8TPs1g

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

I laughed more at the idea that Dodoria was a woman (since we know he's not actually a woman in canon) than any of the other implications, really. I can see why it'd rub someone the wrong way, though.

He is in the Hungarian dub.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shyrka posted:

I wonder what the difference between regular and Future Trunks timeline was that made the androids decide to murder everyone? Since right from the get-go they seem like they're just loving around and only really care about killing Goku, which is a big leap from the sort of sadism seen in the future timeline.

Apparently because Goku died and he was not able to get his revenge, Gero just gave them some programming to hate humanity in general. They were also weaker in Trunks timeline. Probably because he did not have to make them measure up to Goku. I would not be shocked if he sent them out earlier because of that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ignore this

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NikkolasKing posted:

I just realized something that probably took me far too long to realize.

General Ivan aka the Abridged voice of Cooler and Dr. Gero, I'm pretty sure is the voice of Ichiya in Fairy Tail.(it has good music, shut up. The dub is good too) I just never put the two together because one is abridged and one isn't. It was the mention of the TFS crew transitioning into official work that made it snap into place and I looked it up. TFS Wiki says he has a role in FT although it doesn't specify but it has to be Ichiya.

Kind of a waste to have a voice as great as his on a secondary joke character but I guess everyone has to start somewhere.

He is also Gecko Moriah from One Piece.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Some Numbers posted:

I think the best thing about this is in Japanese, Moria has an incredibly high-pitched, almost squeaky voice.

I'm really interested to see what Funi's version sounds like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=results

Pretty good I would say.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think it's Freeza is head of the Planet Trade Organization and Emperor of most of the Universe while King Cold is the ruler of Freeza's race. Cold's entire thing when he showed up was to make sure that his race was shown to be unrivaled.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

WickedHate posted:

It seems like Freeza is the only one in his race that can transform, or at least it's not a common thing to his species. Cold didn't transform and Chilled apparently couldn't. (Cooler isn't canon)

Well to be fair to Cold he never get a chance to do anything. Freeza was also not really transforming as much as altering his appearance in a way that dampened his power.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Prison Warden posted:

I think the dragon just brings you back alive Goku couldn't live with a hole in his chest, so the dragon healed that, lucky for Freeza he's incredibly resilient and can live just fine in a hundred pieces.

Yeah he was alive until the pieces were disintegrated. This is also the reason why Cell was so durable and his regeneration much better then Piccolo's. Freeza's cells allowed him to survive pretty much any injuries and Piccolo's regeneration allowed him to regrow his body from that.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 19, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

, but Goku beat Buu and also fought Beerus to a standstill?

No he straight up lost to Beerus, and from Beerus and Whis's talk after, Goku never had a chance of winning.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Whis wouldn't have cared probably.

If Goku went straight-up suicide attack like Vegeta did against Buu, I think he would have at least satisfied Beerus and would have hurt him a lot. Even with what happened, Beerus didn't blow up the Earth, and that's all Goku wanted.

True and not going to discount that he got Beerus to back down.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Firstborn posted:

Is it time for the Big Green dub again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-DVmgRb0v0

Westwood Media and AB Groupe later began production on English dubs of the Dragon Ball/Z/GT movies and TV specials. However, YTV opted not to broadcast them, so without Canadian broadcast rules to take into consideration, Westwood and AB Groupe decided not to produce these dubs in Canada or license the rights to previous dubs of the movies; instead took a notoriously cheap route and had these dubs recorded in an unknown foreign country. These dubs are notorious for having bad voice acting and strange character nomenclature, for example Krillin is named Clearin, Bulma is named Blooma, and any instance of the word "Saiyan" is replaced with "warrior". The scripts were based upon AB Groupe's French dubs of the films. These dubs have been nicknamed the "Big Green" dub, because Piccolo's name in these dubs was in fact "Big Green." The AB Groupe and Westwood Media dubs of these films were broadcast on Cartoon Network UK's Toonami block, and were distributed on Television and on video around Europe. The "Big Green" dub of Dragon Ball Z: The World's Strongest (changed to "The World's Strongest Guy"), Dragon Ball Z: The Tree of Might (changed to "Super Battle in the World"), and Dragon Ball Z: Lord Slug (changed to "Super Saiya Son Goku") were released on VHS and DVD, but none of the other movies from this dub received a home release due to poor sales of the aforementioned movies.

I really want to see all of the Big Green Movies.

If only just for stuff on par with Paragus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl2-xuUffi4

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kurtofan posted:

Dragon Ball Zed Zed Zed Zed

The lyrics are so bad too:

my translation:

DBZZZZZ

The Nice San Gohan...

DBZZZZZ

Fight every Villains.

DBZZZZZ

He has all powers...

DBZZZZZ

Strenght and Knowledge.

DBZZZZ

His father was a hero, the great and courageous San Goku,
The world will soon know that his spirit is still with us.

DBZZZZZ

Our hero with a heart of gold will always win.

So it's just calling Gohan the Hero weird.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I will say this Tagoma looks pretty cool. Its a shame he apparently does not last very long.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobo Siege posted:

I always wondered whether Freeza might still be alive prior to the blast. Guess we have our answer now.

Aka yes, yes he was.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Chilled "OUTRAGEOUS! In honor of their deaths, my men shall now and for evermore be given the names of fruits!"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Shame about Tagoma. I rather liked his look. Anyway Piccolo went from being around Freeza's 2nd forms level to being stronger then Freeza at his peak in a year. So I can believe that Freeza who had never even attempted to train and heighten his power can become super strong with a little training.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

say hello to super freeza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soe-rEMKytY really bad video of the new trailer

I must admit. I actually rather like the Look.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

StrifeHira posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0bArxJtSnM

Better preview, featuring Roshi and Tien kicking rear end.

That is pretty great looking.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ManOfTheYear posted:

I finished battle of gods and it really is a pretty weird movie, all in all. DBZ is a really one-note thing, there's an overwhelming opponent, people get afraid, they train, still won't win, get an emotional power up and then win.
Still, I enjoyed it. Beerus was great.

Minus the training, emotional powerup and winning in battle of the gods case.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stallion Cabana posted:

Ginyu wandered away as a frog then probably died on Namek.

Nah everything on the planet was warped to earth. So he died when Buu blew up the earth.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Xibanya posted:

Xenoverse Nappa sounds a lot like Taka, did he do "serious" Nappa too in this game or was he just an amazing match to begin with?

It's just close sounding. Phil Parsons is his voice actor.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

I noticed Trunks' voice changed after like, the first Budokai to a much worse one. Did his voice actor change or something? He didn't sound like that on the show.

It appears it's still the same guy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

sharktamer posted:

Shouldn't Frieza be pissed that no one wished to make him immortal? Also that these scrubs managed to collect the dragonballs when he couldn't?

Pilaf found them. They let Frieza's goons use them.

Also Frieza did collect all 7 however the Nemekian ones require that you speak Namek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Firstborn posted:

So is it confirmed bullshit that Freeza was lying about his 530,000 power level? Or is it just something we have to accept as bullshit to make all the other zenkai in that saga make sense? I know why it's bad, and why it was dropped, but the idea of power levels still intrigue me.

Why would he be lying. His first form has a power level of 530,000 he revealed later that his power level rises to over a million in his 2nd form. I recall that being the last one that was stated in the show.

• Locked thread