Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Cardboard Box A posted:

I hope they can add that one and the one where EARTH'S SPECIAL FORCES go into the Holodeck and get killed by the ancient Saiyans as special features or something.

And the one where the minor characters fight the Ginyu Force on King Kai's planet. Because if DBZ needs anything, its more Ginyu Force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Giant Characters were easy to deal with once you figured out they basically were just giant targets who you could beat up with little to no effort. The harder characters to deal with were fasts on that could do multiple hits in very little time.

This is Raging Blast instead of BT, but it'll never stop amusing me how goddamn Burter of all people was incredibly strong due to his multi-hit combos. Hell, I routinely tore my friends' teams apart with an all-Ginyu squad of all things.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

alcharagia posted:

Is there a special move you can use if you have all of the Ginyu Force
I don't recall but I know Jeice and Butter had two.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He will be incredibly hilarious and you will quote everything he says.

He'll have a bad case of exploding knees.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Didn't Supreme Kai just end up botching up and breaking the legendary Z Sword? That's pretty important. And terrible.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I've got no idea what the HFIL this game is about, but if we can run around Ginyu Posing at people as a big pack of losers I'm all in.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Goon King Henry.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
That's not the way. You know there's much better distracting subject change gifs at our disposal than the fat horse.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
We'll probably get our tournament-ending godbeast wreaking havoc backstage around the quarterfinals or semifinals, and then either the finals will be interrupted or be followed by the final fight.

If interrupted, they'll probably continue right on once the godbeast is put down, but with a heaping pile of MUTUAL RESPECT between our protagonist and their opponent.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, Vegeto strikes me as most likely candidate for big bad. Either him or that XIII guy.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Does that work on anything? I thought it was just evil poo poo. Not that they couldn't hand wave it.

Well it worked on Kami, but that was specifically via a reflection.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
My guess here is that we get a King Piccolo fake face turn to try and devour Gast for his power, but he ends up with so much concentrated good mojo he ends up legitimately turning nicer.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Blockhouse posted:

one of the lines from the magazine reveal

I think that's another line from the Maximum the Hormone song.

Of course, if we ARE getting a new form of Freeza, that's awesome as heck.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I legit thought Adult Gohan was Yamcha the first time I saw the Buu Saga and was very confused.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Kild posted:

I was looking at it on wikipedia and it says theres a supersaiyan form for Videl and ChiChi. ChiChi also has Kaioken...? It also says Chilled was a Queen?

This roster can't be real, can it? Its rivalling Budokai Tenkaichi 3 at this point. Hell, it has THREE Frieza Soldiers to play as!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Pyroi posted:

Gotta be able to fight an army of disposable Frieza goons at the same time!

Well hopefully they are playable so I can grab 5 of them (Cui so counts) and form Ginyu Force Jr.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Weirdest part to me is all the new Super Saiyans. Along with Super Saiyan Bra now being canon, Chichi and Videl too? Wonder how they'll explain that.

Also Android 17 (Perfect Cell Absorbed.) Are we getting a role reversal What If?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Genocyber posted:

Their monkey form has brown hair.

They change into a golden haired monkey to even achieve SSJ4.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I'm pretty sure that the only players not Ginyu posing will be the players doing the dead Yamcha pose. No exceptions.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Very, very informative.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

facebook jihad posted:

Going off the top of my head...no? He gets beaten by Tambourine and then beats him, but it's blamed on the fact that Goku was weak from the tournament. If you want to blame that on zenkai, then go ahead, but that's just fan speculation. Goku then gets beat by Piccolo, where he gets the senzu afterwards, but he also gets the super holy water that serves as the power up for the Piccolo fight.

Didn't the super holy water not do anything? Or am I thinking of the other super holy water?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

socialsecurity posted:

Problem is his fighting seemed to be him and Jeice flying at Goku syncing at the same speed so what was the point of being the fastest.

What use is speed when you're leaving your best buddy in the dust?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Covok posted:

Sir, may I direct you to the Budokai 3 HD collection which does indeed have multiplayer.

All I'm say is that Hulk Hogan's former championship ring (or whatever it was) is not actually capable of allowing John Cena to tap into the power of Hulkamania and defeat his foes.

...That was the best thing, by the way, when it aired.

How close to a John Cena can we make in Xenoverse? Because if we can get a ton of identical Cenas running around and calling themselves the Cenation, it'd be one of the best games around.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Is there any word on language options for the American release of Xenoverse? I think I'm in the minority as far as this thread is concerned, but I really prefer the Japanese voices.

In a perfect world it would include a Team Four Star dub.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Remember that this is the same series which had Harry Potter slinging Avada Kadavaras like they were going out of style. They don't really care about keeping character.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

projecthalaxy posted:

Yes. Then get all my moves from Burter and Teen Gohan and other speedy, floppy chars.

Is there a vegetable pun that can be mixed with Big Van Vader? Because that's my first thought when I hear big flippy guy.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Esroc posted:

With the release of Battle of Gods and Toriyama's new stance on transformations I've had to revise my position on the Super Saiyan quite a bit.

The Super Saiyan is nothing more than a power up, much like the kaio-ken. Except genetically exclusive. A racial ability just like the Arcosian's mutation. In this it is nothing special in and of itself, as many races in Dragonball have bloodline abilities that only their species can use. What makes the Super Saiyan special however is its versatility and the often forgotten secondary racial ability of Oozarhu transformation. And little known to a lot of fans, the Oozarhu form was established in Perfect Files as the "true" form of a Saiyan. Much like how royal Arcosians mutate backwards to contain their mighty power, Saiyans also transformed from monsters into humans to contain their fierce and destructive instincts. But such might is impossible to contain completely, and an overdose of blutz rays will "break the seal" so to speak. This need to find balance between beast and man will be important later.

SSj1 is the most versatile of the SSj forms, with enough training it can tap into the power and speed of forms "above" it once these forms have been achieved. It can also be converted into a permanent powerup without the need to activate it, as we see during the Cell Games. SSj is the keystone of the Saiyan's transformative abilities. SSj2 is exactly as it sounds, a second tier of power, and nothing more. In many respects SSj2 is merely a pumped up version of SSj1, much akin to the Ultra Super Saiyan forms, but with decreased muscle mass to allow for more speed and finesse. The importance of speed and finesse will also be important later.

Where things get interesting is in Super Saiyan 3. In this form we see the first signs of a Saiyan tapping into their more beastly Oozarhu form for an extra boost in power. The SSj3 is a Super Saiyan allowing a small amount of their suppressed violent nature to leak out into the transformation. The result is an ape-like brow ridge and the hair of a wild man. An SSj3 is one step closer to the true form of their people. It is here that we first see the Saiyan truly begin to transform. The Golden Oozharu is the flipside of this. Instead of being a Super Saiyan tapping into the Oozharu, you are an Oozharu tapping into the Super Saiyan. However, the Golden Oozharu is actually the more important of these two forms, which we will get to in a moment.

The downside to most transformations however are many. Ooozarhu have trouble controlling themselves and often lose all sense of who they are, they are also large and unwieldy. The Super Saiyan places great strain on the body and can be difficult to balance properly so that one does not end up too large and bulky to fight efficiently. So how might one find the best of both worlds?

Enter the Super Saiyan 4.

An SSj4 is a Saiyan who has mastered the Oozharu so thoroughly that they no longer lose themselves to primal instinct while using it. That Saiyan may then stack the Super Saiyan on top of their monstrous form, multiplying their power even further. But there's still the problem of fighting efficiency! A Golden Oozharu is large, slow, bulky, and lacks enough fine control to fight well against a smaller opponent. The answer to this is to come full circle and once again pull within themselves the Oozharu, compact it into a human body, while keeping the Super Saiyan powerup. The resulted form is a beastly man with all the trappings of an Oozharu and Super Saiyan, but contained within a usable, fast, body with fine motor control and guyliner. A Super Saiyan 4 is a Saiyan achieving the 100% full transformative potential of his people.

In short, a Saiyan only truly has two transformations. Super Saiyan and Oozharu. SSj1, the Ultra forms, and SSj2 are all the same form with SSj"2" just SSj1 maximized in potential. SSj3 and 4 are when a Saiyan mixes varying amounts of their true Oozharu form with the Super Saiyan powerup. And once fully tapped out in potential, all power is accessible by the original Super Saiyan form without need of ascension or transformation.

SSj God is a whole 'nother thing entirely and not exclusive to Saiyans in any way and actually unrelated to the Super Saiyan except for its need of great power to achieve, which Super Saiyan provides. Its non-exclusivity to Saiyans will be evidenced in Revival of F when Freeza most assuredly gets his own God powerup.

Excellent work as always. Now please explain how Majin Buu - Evil Side = Mr. Buu, but Mr. Buu + Evil Side = Super Buu.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Firstborn posted:

There's probably a game where Zarbon has an exploding suplex or something.

Zarbon's only not in Xenoverse because the devs got distracted trying to figure out what a Beeboo Crawshanks is and how to program it as his new finishing move.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Anyone else going to just load someone up with as many Ginyu moves as possible? Gonna see how much of the Force can be represented by Cold Stone Steve Austin at once.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I know there's no Frieza forms 2 or 3, but are there options for Frieza's race that at least make you look like them? I mean, apparently there are for 5th form, and its not like 2nd level Frieza's race would require much more work than a King Piccolo sized Namekian.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
This is all sounding so perfect, it makes up for the slight roster disappointments. And honestly it seems likely we can make a lot of the missing characters anyway. That near-perfect Bulma in one of the Create-a-Goku videos explains where those Super Saiyan Bulma and Chichi rumors came from, at least. (Well, realistically just from people making poo poo up, but the fact that it actually looks semi-possible intrigues me).

Please, please tell me we can do the Dance of Joy in this game.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I'm gonna say, it's a shame Frieza's goons didn't wish back 'everyone who died on Namek' rather than just Frieza, as cool as this film sounds it's hard to imagine it wouldn't be cooler with the triumphant return of the Ginyu Force (and Zarbon and Dodoria) ...

Can the credit scenes just be Jeice and Salza leading their respective teams in a never-ending pose-off?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
It probably doesn't help that we're talking Frieza's own army here. Not everyone can be an elite, but I can't imagine Frieza picking anyone but the best for his mission to become immortal.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Ekusukariba posted:

How can Frieza be revived? I thought there was a rule that they had to be revived within a year of death? Also wonder if they'll remember that you get two wishes from Shenron

They tossed Frieza into the logarithmic time chamber. Its only been e seconds since his death.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Well you either get Vegeta again or Gogeto, so I think they'd go with the latter one.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
If Toriyama ever does TV again, Vegeta doing mundane things and the Ginyu Force going on space adventures as miniseries would be all I could ever ask for.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

SpazmasterX posted:

Goku and Picollo drive cars again.

Okay, three things I could ever ask for. Maybe add Vegeta's driving lessons too because dear lord could you imagine that man in a giant steel deathcage? He'd be having the time of his life in there.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

ImpAtom posted:

The funny thing is that the Time Patrol was responsible for some hosed up stuff.

Like Bardock traveled back in time to fight Brolly. The last we see of him is Trunks going "Don't worry, I'll take care of it", implying he's going to get Bardock back to where he belongs in time

The next time we see Bardock he travelled back event further in time. Good fuckin' job, Trunks.

I guess that explains how Episode of Bardock happened.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Shinjobi posted:

The greatest threat ever that he intentionally set free.

Kinda like Cell.

So while Goku is not perfect, at least he had the common sense to say "yeah maybe we shouldn't help unseal Majin Buu" before Vegeta threw his evil tantrum.

And Vegeta goes through the same arc each time, so his character rings hollow to me. He's cried a bajillion times for overestimating his strength, underestimating his opponents', and getting other people hurt in the process because he's a big dumb rear end in a top hat. You stop sympathizing the moment you realize it keeps happening.:sbahj:

It worked in Frieza saga because he didn't overestimate his strength. He snuck around, struck opportunistically, and only really got stopped because Zarbon caught him off guard. Cell saga it worked because he was the legendary pride of his race and felt invincible, so naturally he'd underestimate what looks like some random teenage girl.

Buu is where this kinda falls apart, although I did like one person's read of it as a big old midlfie crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, its sad to say but GT would probably be better if it was just a series of workout tapes staring the Para Para Brothers.

And even then, a Ginyu Force workout would be so much better than that.

• Locked thread