Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I totally get the whole hair color thing now with the Divas, I am remembering how back during this time I couldn't tell the two Funkadactyls apart because they looked so similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DM Punk posted:

Pretty sure this is the only "match" Sunny ever had.

She wrestled in 2007 for Women Superstars Uncensored, if that counts...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What exactly was wrong with the NXT Arrival live stream? I know it locked up during the Tyler Breeze entrance, but then didn't it come back on?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
X-Pac's theme on that Raw sounded like some horrible Uncle Cracker knock off that they had to dub over. Went back to my original rip that I have, and I was wrong... that was his theme at the time.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

KungFu Grip posted:

People called Batista "Kanye", South Park made a joke about Kanye being a "GayFish". Kanye Batista = Gay Fish is the joke.

You probably could have explained it better by posting the original job from South Park

Jimmy: Do you like fishsticks?
Cartman: Yeah.
Jimmy: Do you like putting fish sticks in your mouth?
Cartman: Yeah.
Jimmy: What are you, a gay fish?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DeathChicken posted:

I always loved Brock's plan here. "I will cheat like a bitch, eat massive DQs if I have to, then make them all up since Angle is loving dead anyway."

Towards the end of the match, makes me wonder why Brock didn't just tap out to the ankle lock immediately, give Angle a fall to break the submission immediately, and still be up in falls.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Who the hell thought it was a good way to end the main event of Wrestlemania? I really gives me little hope for this year…

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Swagger Dagger posted:

They're randomly showing Taz/Bam Bam from Living Dangerously 98, and some of the spots in this match are loving ridiculous.

Yeah, was wondering why this was on the live stream when it says it's Old School

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I vaguely remember this piece on Lawler from Confidential, but all I remember was his insane Coke memorabilia collection.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Looking back on these older Raws, the Man on Woman violence sort of creeps me out.... X-Pac spitting at Torrie and giving her a spinning kick to the face, WTF?!? It just feels so weird.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

triplexpac posted:

Yeah, HHH just beat him on Raw or Smackdown then Test went on to T&A.

In kayfabe the dude knew it was better to just move on then to feud with the the bosses daughter and her new husband.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Justin Godscock posted:

Which I'm OK with because it means more guys get an actual WrestleMania paycheque. Though what I'm not OK with is potentially fewer matches if 30 guys are locked into just the one. But we'll see once more matches get announced in the coming weeks.

I don't really care if 3MB gets a Wrestlemania pay day, there is so much talent being wasted in that match that could have a solid singles match.

If you look at who is left for the remaining 10 spots in it, removing the announcers, people who haven't wrestled in a long time, it leaves roughly 23 people for 10 spots.

It really makes me sad looking at that list of wrestlers and trying to figure out what matches are going to put together to fill the rest of the card. You could pretty much get everyone a Wrestlemania pay day if they did Shield vs. Kane + 2 others in a 6 man, a 4 way Tag Title Match, and throw the rest of them into the battle royal.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

njsykora posted:

Except they have a Shield 6-man, and a 3-way tag title match. Guys announced for the battle royal have been taken out of the battle royal as they've gotten other ideas. Like Ryback was the first to be put in that match, but now Rybaxel are in the tag title match.

Did this happen on Smackdown or something? Nobody watches that...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is there anything notable on these Wrestlemania Today shows?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Career end at Wrestlemania, because then they go onto TNA and wrestle another dozen matches.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Surprised Steph didn't try to sneak in a "My FRIEND Andre The Giant" line in there.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Watching Wrestlemania 29 on the stream, I am reminded how they are going to get to fill 4 hours with so few matches. A recap of the Pre-Show, two promo packages, and a Puff Daddy concern all between two of the matches

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
...was that a Sting talking head I just saw that was filmed within the past week or so?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Having just caught the last 15 minutes of Warrior Week Pt 4, are the other 3 3/4 parts just as good?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I turn on the network and it's Best of Raw. I see ADR bear Ryder, and then the Three Stooges.

Um, sure... I see we are just throwing around the term "Best" now

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Wish they'd do a "This Week In Wrestling" every day at noon or something and just air things in order. The conversion on this old footage just looks so drat nice...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is this Top 25 Rivalries thing new to the network? Renee Young is in a lab coat right now, comparing wrestlers to elements on the periodic table.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Can we just ban the nWo from these recap things from now on? I don't know how many times I can watch the same talking heads remixed.

Disappointed that there was no Corporate Ministry on the countdown.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
They should just do a Top 10 incarnations of the nWo and then never list them again.

Original - July 1996 - April 1998
nWo Hollywood - April 1998 - January 1999
nWo Wolfpac - May 1998 - January 1999
nWo "Elite" - January 1999 - April 1999
nWo B-Team - January 1999 - July 1999
nWo 2000 - December 1999 - March 2000
WWE nWo v1 - Hogan, Nash, Hall
WWE nWo v2 - Nash, HBK, X-Pac, Big Show, Booker T
Latino World Order
Blue World Order

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So what was the teaser for the next Countdown? I wish they would tack them onto the VOD versions.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I don't even think Chyna got a clip in there somewhere... drat.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DM Punk posted:

I don't understand why someome wouldn't get the Network. If you can afford $10/month and like wrestling, its a no brainer. It's pretty awesome I can randomly just pick a show from the early 90's and watch it whenever. It's awesome.

And they also then get to complain every week about how they will "cancel their network sub" when their favorite wrestleman loses.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

IcePhoenix posted:

I think it was a bad timeslot insomuch as it was still competing against some very high quality sitcoms and reality shows? I don't know, Heyman spoke about it in an interview with...I think Jericho? I don't know how much crossover there was in demographics but it certainly seemed impressive to me.

I agree with this 10 years ago when they moved time slots. NBC alone with My Name Is Earl, The Office, 30 Rock and Scrubs was enough to keep me tuned in for 2 hours.

Now Thursday nights are horrible...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
One of you goons tell me what the difference is between the regular and modified episode. WHAT DID THEY EDIT OUT?!?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I'm digging the Monday Night War. Officially uncanceling my auto renew.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Really digging Attitude Era week so far. Renee hosting the Video Vault thing has been nice too so that it's mixed up with a PPV match between the previous and next Raw they show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

TheJoker138 posted:

And that's where it all went horrible. Either he should have been allowed to give up the title, which would have gotten them the same pop in mainstream coverage Russo was so desperate for, or he should have been forced to defend it the next night and just gotten completely destroyed by some heel, which also would have gotten the same pop while also showing that he had no place in that ring or with that title.

It's one of those ideas that I can see working if you did it the exact right way, but the way they did it was the opposite of the exact right way.

You're acting like he had a lengthy run with the title.... He held it for a little over a week, and his "defense" the following Nitro before Slamboree had a gently caress finish.

• Locked thread