Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

This is what I think of anytime I see a battlelog where someone gets beat to death with a mitten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

dwarf doctors will "solve" the issue by carefully peeling off every inch of skin on their body.

There has been a lot of horrifying dwarfy poo poo in this thread, but that takes the :stare: cake

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I knew there was a reason I needed DF in my life.

The new update sounds like literal magic

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Gibbo posted:

... I'm half asleep and asked that not even thinking of the connotations. Whoops.

Was thinking more of the viability of making it so were creatures with a fluid could be modded to have something like, high value moon milk.

what state of being are we talking here buddy?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Hellequin posted:

"Stopped cats from dying of alcohol poisoning after walking over damp tavern floors and cleaning themselves."

Amazing.

Not only is it hilarious, it's staggering to think of just how much goes into that for the interaction to happen.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Will 1.0 come out when the game actually is more realistic then reality itself?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Cat Planet posted:

I wish dwarven Paxil existed :(

Can't wait for Toady to add dwarven poultice antidepressents that create dependency, so when you run out of supplies to make them, they go into a rage

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Mad Pills posted:

Time to pit the Hydra against the captives from the last siege, this time I let them keep their puny weapons.

Welp, guess I should never underestimate goblins.

this gifs are the best. are you using fraps or?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Pound_Coin posted:

Anyone else feel dwarf fortress patch notes are sometimes like reading God's diary?

"loving elephants again"

"Today I really hosed up carp"

I spent years just reading funny stories and the patch notes, and I feel like I can say that is as good as playing sometimes.

Less headache from assigning labors and carefully managing stockpiles, that's for sure.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

this poo poo got real weird.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I saw earlier that combat log is obfuscated, is that true?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

is there a trick to getting prepared food into barrels? I have dozens of barrels but these dummies won't pack up the food.

e. also wow. playing DF in bed on a steamdeck is something I never imagined.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 8, 2022

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

https://imgur.com/XRNv6rW

what am I missing? why won't my idiots build this screw pump? it's not where I want it, but I'm just trying to get them to do it in multiple spots and they simply aren't.

all other constructions are happening, and just in case I enabled engineering. wood parts are right there!

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 17, 2022

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I've got mountains of lye but no one wants to make potash even when I assign them the labor. What gives?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Nessus posted:

You got bucket?

so many buckets.

though, perhaps my beautiful idiot dwarves used every bucket for lye?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Nessus posted:

It could be. That's the kind of poo poo those idiots would do. Try making like three extra (in case a couple walk off) and see if you can do it

somehow it wasn't buckets. I'm going to ignore it an assume its just a stupid labor thing that is pulling them away.

meanwhile, my military dwarves have beaten a giant hedgehog unconscious, overexerting themselves until they themselves are unconscious. none of my idiots will grab them to the hospital for some reason or another....