Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

StandardVC10 posted:

Fixed this for you. Also,
-circumcision
-the sincerity of anti-abortion belief
-accelerationism

Please, D&D has the best food derails.

...so add lists to the list of things we can't handle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

shrike82 posted:

I like to think that our posts will be referenced in academic texts 50 years from now with attributions to names like SedanChair and Captain_Maclaine.

You think this is a joke but it is what will happen.
A whole generation will be characterized by their AIM screennames, forum posts, and fan-fictions.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Expect a series of "no, I'm Hoot_the_Owl, HootOwl8 is a completely different person" scandals.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It's like the Drake equation where the window of the ET race sending the signals into space is replaced by teens posting their poetry on a Xanga.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Forever_Peace posted:

There's (probably) no need for a goon project.
Says you.
I think [Obama is] Awful PAC would be a great goon d'etat.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So....bring them down?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dystram posted:

Pretty sure he's being facetious and racist.

Curses. Almost got him!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kiwi Ghost Chips posted:

This appears to be the most significant thing they've done besides the Bundy thing:

That terrible repressive Obama letting you post a billboard in the subway of the nation's capital. Underground because he can't let the truth see the light?
Also: What oath did Snowden have? He was a contractor he wasn't sworn in or anything! (And I SERIOUSLY doubt he was an "oathkeeper")
As a white male who used the military as a "fall back," it pisses me off to no end the level of privilege people (and myself) have and can't see. Being lower-middle class, then going to the military and learning what ACTUAL poverty (from the backgrounds of the people I met/befriended), was an eye opening experience. Now I'm in college with people who are of higher socioeconomic strata than I came from. They have no loving clue. Eat the rich.
House of Cards season 3 is getting out of hand.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Caros posted:

And then you'd begin to sob when you realized they were all using specially designed Smart Guns.

Capfalcon posted:

So... Metal Gear?

Mandatory EULA waiting periods.

EDIT:

cams posted:

Guys some really important footage coming out of the correspondent's dinner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da5tjfpKyac
Close enough to a transam.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cimber posted:

Wait, what? soldiers military personnel who may not believe in God are being forced to stand and listen to prayers?

There's a lot of "Ok, we're going to do a quick prayer, You don't have to join in, but I have the microphone and I am going to pray out loud. Monthly promotion ceremony starts when I'm done"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

hobbesmaster posted:

The protests were over when the attack happened iirc. It seems a very reasonable thing for people on the opposite side of the world to be confused about.

Nope. Obama Lied, they decried.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

JT Jag posted:

"Corporations are more efficient then government"

"Ok, why"

"They just are"

Because they cut corners and don't follow the rules. It's not hard to save money when you just don't pay your workers a living wage.

Sword of Chomsky posted:

We should just burn the thread down and hope a better one rises from the ashes.
Was supposed to happen four days ago. But none of us are witty enough for a new title.

420DD Butts posted:

A lot of people oppose GMOs on the grounds that it empowers large agricultural companies to take even more control over our food system and promotes harmful practices such as monoculture. I think if they weren't essentially used to prop up a corrupt system they'd be a lot more palatable.
While true, the problem is all of this is already happening.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Babylon Astronaut posted:

The easiest way to tell this is true is the SNAP program. It is dollar for dollar the pinnacle of government spending and mysteriously needs to be cut for 'efficiency.' There isn't a program in the history of the US that is a more efficient use of government funds, and yet, it is always too big and bloated. Even if you completely ignore the stated purpose of giving people food to eat, the stimulus effect alone makes an extremely good value providing $1.84 worth of economic activity for every dollar dispersed.

This is really interesting, can you source it so I can refer back to it later?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Alter Ego posted:

So Kerry is telling Congress to take their subpoena and shove it.

I fully expect contempt of Congress charges. What happens then?

If Issa knew about the trip prior to the subpeona then I'm on the gently caress-Issa side of this.
If Kerry schedule this trip in spite of Issa then gently caress the both of them.
If Planning trips to foreign countries actually involves a lot of planning and Kerry made legitimate efforts to perhaps go on a different day to Issa's which-hunt then we're back to just hopping Issa get's hosed here.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

A Winner is Jew posted:

To setup and coordinate security details alone I know for the president trips are usually scheduled about 3 months in advance, so for the sec state I would imagine that his trips would be scheduled anywhere between 30-60 days out.

So Issa either knew about the trip but is playing politics, or he didn't give a poo poo about what Kerry was doing and wanted his show trial to play politics.

Nessus posted:

It is probably #3, these are not exactly the Normandy invasion but there's a lot of logistics involved. Kerry has staff, aides, probably secret service, etc.

Also, it seems this entire thing is payback for when they tried to subpoena Rice in 2007! Just like how all this scandal hunting is an attempt to get back for Nixon! Ah, the politics of revenge.
gently caress Issa.
But it will do wonders for my Issa/Commings fanfiction.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Tatum Girlparts posted:

God this is such a smug, condescending, stance to take.
HE LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU!
Wrap it up, everyone, the thread's over.

Pong Daddy posted:

What about the flip and dip?
There was some foodscience show where they studied this and basically all forms of dipping are gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Illinois has popcorn as it's state snack. Some elementary kids got it chosen...dumb kids, kettle corn is where it is at.

Isn't one a flavor of the other?

• Locked thread