Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
For reference RBA, when you're hugging Vendricks left buttcheek you realize you need to keep moving with his butt when he starts swinging right? As long as you follow him you really should be having no trouble with this fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

argondamn posted:

I love it when I'm doing bell covenant and the host gets invaded by a blood or crip, even better if there's a second bellbro. Earlier today I had to kill a bluebro who only wanted to kill the host, because the other bellbro that got summoned with me really wanted to kill the cop.

We're all trying to kill the same guy but between our thirsts for blood, justice, and bells we just cannot let each other be.

I have a dream, that one day the red, white, and blue phantoms of this great nation of Belfrytopia will come together in the common bond of brotherhood, and killing the host, to put aside our differences~ :911:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

animatorZed posted:

You're looking at it in the wrong way. Think about it. If the blue/red phantoms are invading, they have to be in the belltower. In the belltower. Next to the bell. They could be bellringers. That gray one over there? He might be standing with you now, but in his world, he could be a bellringer. You never know. You have to be safe, keep the bell safe. Kill them all.

Well the bluecop doesn't have to be in the Belltower. Won't you give the spirit of jolly cooperative murder a chance? :colbert:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Alabaster White posted:

drat. Is it possible for some ~amazing hacker~ to bypass the drop restrictions on Sunlight Medals and give me some? I need Sunlight Spear for the achievement but A) I'm in the Champ Cov and B) gently caress co-op :v:

Co-op is really really easy to get into in this game. I don't understand why you'd do this much more effort involved way of doing things when you could just switch to Sunbro and coop for like, maybe an hour and be done. poo poo is way easy.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

Are there any PVP hotspots people drop red signs at similar to the bridge in the iron keep?

I've heard the square box underneath the third bonfire in Iron Keep sees some action. It's a pretty ideal arena.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Alabaster White posted:

I'm only asking because of how goddamn awful pubbies are. I find myself sitting around for a good 5 minutes between summons, and then there's a 75% chance that the host dies at the tail end of the fight, wasting my time. I absolutely hate summoning or being summoned but now it's almost impossible to grind out Medals from enemies anymore, like you could in DS1, so I can't even skip it. Why did they gate Sunlight Spear and Hidden Weapon behind covenants exclusively?

Summoning and being summoned has never been easier in this series soooo maybe be less of a baby and just carry harder. Carry pubbies on your majestic strongman back.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Real Sunbros wear the Red Eye Ring to draw boss aggro and dodge everything git guuuuuud

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

teh_Broseph posted:

:science:

Just tested this out:

For the dragon to trigger on the Aerie bridge, eggs must be destroyed, and the more that are broken the faster the dragon will appear.

0 eggs - hung out the bridge for a couple of minutes, nothing happened
1 egg - dragon destroyed bridge in ~25 seconds
30 eggs - dragon came in ~13 seconds

The quickest eggs from the bridge are where the last dragon spawned right before the bridge, or you can also zipline back to the bonfire, progress to below the first dragon spawn, pop some eggs, then zipline back to the bridge reasonably quick.

Do what you will with that, bloodbros. :getin:

Can the dragon destroy any bridge or just the long one to the shrine?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Shindragon posted:

Those are good suggestion but Final boss theme should be for someone who else who aint a scrub. :colbert:

Final boss theme for Darklurker? He's certainly anime enough.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Ice Fist posted:

Ok so I don't get this. I have never once been invaded on either of my two characters in some 150 hours of play. But Inspector, gets invaded constantly. At least a dozen or more times by now, and most recently twice in the same sitting. This doesn't make any sense.

Also the two of us are aggressively bad at PvP. Both of us died to one guy with dual katanas. That guy had to be feeling smug.

Retribution is the wage of sin :colbert:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

I have no sin.

I actually got invaded by the same guy twice today.

Just what a sinner would say.

No one is innocent

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Vanderdeath posted:

Man, using a Seed of the Giants in the Giants' room in Black Gulch along with Chameleon is just...it's just cruel, man. So many Blue Cops have been lured to an untimely demise that I feel like I'm playing Tecmo's Deception again.

A Seed of the Giants is actually making things easier for the invader, not harder. The statues shoot at you no matter what, the pool grabbers are no threat, and the tunnel snakes are actually more inconvenient and dangerous if you can't attack them.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Vanderdeath posted:

Those mobs aren't the murder machines, it's the Giants chilling out downstairs. Most of the invaders don't realize the Giants are aggro'd onto them before they're staggered and smashed into a fine red paste.

True enough. I always operate on the assumption that a Seed of Giants could go in effect at literally any moment so it doesn't affect me as much :tinfoil:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Welp, the new FROM game just showed a trailer on the Sony press conference. It's called Bloodborne, no actual gameplay was shown. Out next year, won't matter to anyone unwilling to buy a PS4.

efb

I'm still banking on it being merely a timed exclusivity deal.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Flytrap posted:

Well yeah, they've been remaking the same game for three console generations now. I think they're used to it.

I don't know why people are saying this, Bloodborne makes me think Victorian era England/France with it's aesthetics. Couldn't be more of a departure from Dark Souls in that regard.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

First thing I thought when I saw the Bloodborne protag was "Jack the Ripper: Vampire Hunter".

I dig the Victorian thing they have going for this.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

That's what people are talking about. The feel of the game is the main point and it's been the same since King's Field. A lot of things change but the core remains the same.

Wouldn't have it any other way :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Well you'd be wrong, because there's a boss in close proximity to the ruin sentinels that are much more of a pain in the rear end. At least the sentinels you can neuter with a 100% shield.

Gargoyles are way, way less aggressive than Ruin Sentinels. It's not even a contest.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Control Volume posted:

You all must be fighting some other version of the gargoyles because in all the times I've fought them, I've never been able to heal without taking at least one hit from one of the bastards. Half my strategy now is just getting them down to half health so they back the gently caress off and breathe fire.

Dude their recovery time is enormous and they don't chase half as well as Ruin Sentinels :psyduck:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

You're never likely to be summoned as a sentinel.

Not my experience personally. At 4m SM as Fun Police, I got summoned on the reg when I chilled at Dragon Shrine and/or Undead Crypt.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

So with all these alleged faith nerfs, has anything been done to make Hexes and Sorcery feel less like a wet fart in PvE?

Because after playing a Faith character at PC launch, it seemed like so many enemies were resistant to magic or dark that Sorcery/Hexes felt tedious to use in PvE by comparison.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Having not played in a while, are Flame Weapon and fire infusions still poo poo? I remember being disappointed a while back when Flame Weapon took a nerf for no real reason.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

It's always a bad idea to judge a game by the first couple weeks of euphoria. Give DS3 time, I expect opinions will cool. It's more of a Bloodborne game than a Dark Souls game in many ways.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Vermain posted:

It's honestly the part about it that I like the least. It's dull to go through the exact same areas in the exact same order in the exact same way on multiple characters. DS2 offered variety: go get Dragonrider to hurl himself off a cliff and the world was your oyster after that point. Weapon balance is also hosed beyond belief in DS3, to the point that there's about zero reason to ever use anything other than the Lothric Knight Sword, the Dark Sword, or the Estoc in either PVP or PVE, which severely limits character variety given how awful magic is this time around (aside from Pyromancy, which is currently hilariously broken). I really can't imagine playing through the game more than maybe twice.

I did a second playthrough despite having all these reservations. I can confirm, it's boring and I can't recommend it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Harrow posted:

I'm of the opinion that DS3 is a fundamentally better game than DS2 (SOTFS included)--the bones of the game, the way it feels and how the levels are laid out and all that--but that it came out too soon. It needed to bake longer. I can't really figure out why Souls games had to be annual for three straight years but DS3 is when it finally started to show. It's not, y'know, AC: Unity broken, but it just needed a bit longer in the oven to iron out balance and mechanical details.

I'm in the opposite camp where I'd say DS3s most egregious problems stem from linearity and are consequently probably unfixable. Still a good game, just not a great one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

People use bows in Dark Souls? Crazy.