Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

Strongest pursuer cheese combo(in his main arena) is parry him in front of a ballista and then shoot him twice with it, which is all you need to do to kill him

Trying to cheese him seems kind of dumb in Sotfs now that you have to fight him thirty times. Might as well figure it out the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

Any good advice on fighting Fume Knight? Mostly on equipment and buffs. I can get it to second phase pretty reliably, but get stomped on all day.

I’m doing a mostly STR build with som DEX for using good weapons. I suck at twitch dodging and have used a shield for my least terrible attempts.

I can get >30 load with rags, but if I go for >70 I can wear semi-decent armor.

My leveled weapons are a claymore, a broadsword, a Heide Sword and a magic halberd. Been mostly using the Heide sword since it’s fast.

Should I go for fire resist? Longroll? Slower but heavier? Rings? Fashion?

Watch the video where the guy does it without dodging or running and wallow in your own mediocrity. It's what I did

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

And Tyler Too! posted:

So apparently company of champions makes the game harder for no real reason? I've been playing on hardmode apparently!

Coc is regular mode, base game is easy mode.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Djeser posted:

Demon's Souls is pretty good if clunkier than Dark Souls but more importantly I got it working on RPCS3 so if you want What If Dark Souls But Slightly Harder to See you could try that.

? Demons souls is not very hard at all. I love the game but man it's a cakewalk especially after playing every other one

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Best and worst cheese cause it saves maybe a minute over beating him by moving right and hitting r1 occasionally

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It had a bug that made weapons break way faster because weapon degredation was tied to fps.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Guillermus posted:

Weapons degrade a lot faster on DS2 compared to any other. It also throws at you upgrade materials so having more than one weapon upgraded is a must, that or having a lot of repair powder. A thing that kinda bothers me is that certain weapons have such low durability that make them annoying to use.

Are you playing pc unpatched. It's a known glitch tied to higher framerates

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

And Tyler Too! posted:

Why can't Dark Souls protags swim?

Kindling isn't very useful soaking wet

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sir alonne was my kryptonite. I died fifty or so time before I finally barely eked out a win. I just couldn't for the life of me judge the distance on his blade. Whomever managed to get him to commit seppuku get massive kudos from me. Other than that, fine knight and regular smelter are the only bosses that really gave me trouble in ds2. I've never seen alandra summon a velstatdt clone though so that probably helped a lot in that fight.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's worth it for the final boss fight, Peak souls right there

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm reinstalling now, I'm down to gently caress around in Drangleic again

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Is everyone going PC? I reinstalled on PC but can also do PS4, maybe I'll do both with different builds, I loving Love Ds2 have ever since the network test.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pretend you're playing on 1.0 and do a hex build

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If you advance the time clock on your PC they die of old age.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I still remember staying up all night for the Network test, trying for an hour to get in before they canceled it, and then doing it again the next week. I was so Exhausted at work the next day but it was worth it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's a good thing the player doesn't have any mysterious woman of uncertain origins guiding them towards a purpose they don't fully understand. You might start thinking they have their own hidden Manus agenda

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Fojar38 posted:

I had no idea that was so important. I haven't put a single point in those lol. Good thing I've been hoarding soul pickups

drat, It's gonna be like goku taking off his weighted clothing, your gonna have more i Frames than you know what to do with

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Just run

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tbh just run and serpentine. The tracking on the soul arrows isn't that bad. Sniping in dark souls is anti fun

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

Dark Souls 2 is easily the best game in the trilogy.

:emptyquote:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ivorky king is goat fam

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's fun though

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Following a build guide is cowardice

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Aldias inclusion actively makes the plot worse. The plots and themes were already perfectly understandable

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Aldias is far worse than Amana, the keep is incredibly tedious and the hippos have the worst grapple attack in the game

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Best at getting her rear end mulched by The Rotten when he has 1hp left. Never completed her story because of her suicidal to the point of comedy ai

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Analytic Engine posted:

is this a Lucatille joke?

Who?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Network Test looked a lot better than the release.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bellbros are drowning in chunks. Not sure if it still holds in these times tho

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The other two Dark Souls are far worse than two. Dks1 is a boring slog where you can skip a fourth of the game and three is a total mess of areas and story all slapped around haphazard.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

And some of the worst oddly enough

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

First time through Dark Souls 1 I beat the Bed of Chaos flawlessly in one shot, and everytime since I've died like a million times sliding off the final jump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Whips and throwables only. Full castlevania