Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Batigh posted:

I discovered just now that, if you invade a world near the throne-looking thinger near the first fire of Brume Tower, upon returning to your world without dying, Nadalia will talk to you. She says something like, "How kind of you... come to me, come quickly!". The sound effect seems centered on the throne itself, rather than the remains of the idol you stake nearby. Invading and returning directly on top of the idol's remains plays no sound, have to be right beside the throne.

What does this mean? gently caress if I know!

This is rad as hell and I'm going to try it right now.
The lore implications!! The implicaaaaatiooooons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Recollection is the best spell in the game because it shoots spooky skull heads and no other spell does that.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I just found out there is a Dark Souls reference in Destiny.

It has attunement and slots called "Praise the Sun". I'm sure tons of other games have Dark Souls references. I know Borderlands has an entire mission that is one big Dark Souls reference.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Bring back barrel, make it the only thing cheaters can wear.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

You guys, just attack Dyna and Tillo's nest. It counts as a corpse for some reason and it takes the shortest amount of time of anything in the game to get the spear to break, plus it's the easiest to reach and hit.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Sanctum posted:

To be clear, I understand the Fume Knight sweeping fire attack has a huge collision box that persists for long enough to catch you as you come out of the roll (if not before!) I'm not saying it's mechanically the same as artorias' iframe ignoring lunge attack, just that I think it's bullshit. :argh:

The gaping dragon has a crawl attack where his entire body is a hitbox, if you roll into him you will take damage immediately not when you come out of iframes. Sif has a charge attack that works the same way, his legs can damage you even inside a roll and you need to be out of the way during his charge. Artorias' version was only notable to me because his attack was much faster and not telegraphed with a long wind-up like sif and the gaping dragon. A number of AOE attacks ignored iframes as well, like Quelaag's butt-explosion.

Also doesn't the Fume Knight's overhead attacks ignore iframes? I.e. When you are dumb enough to roll into his overhead swing, he will hurt you whether you are midroll or not. Tell me I'm not crazy here.

I could do some crazy poo poo in Dark Souls and for some reason Quelaag's butt would still catch me off guard. Like, I would never attempt a no death run because I know that stupid butt would get me.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

They pretty much give you a ring designed for adaptability earlier on so it's not like From didn't realize something was up with that fight.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Helical Nightmares posted:

You know what? gently caress YOU From.

I finally figured out the pattern of those axe wielding helicopter fuckers and yeah I can take three of you on bitch, choke on my manly cock you undead fucks. Yeah, dropping the barrel turds into the boss room was a clever design but not hard. Lighting/dark baseballs thrown at me by an oh by the way teleporting witch bitch was a breeze. I expected the spawns behind and in front of me motherfucker, I was just running to keep my heart rate up. I did NOT expect that ambush to jump out of a mound of ash, but ok, that's fair. This is Dark Souls bitch and I remember Sen's Fortress. It wasn't as bad as people said, but that's because I'm a veteran. I cut my teeth on Demon Souls, gently caress you. No, what pisses me off is when I have 13k souls and then I get invaded by a motherfucker WHO TURNS AND RUNS AWAY. What the gently caress is that? Yeah I sniped one of the firebomb assholes YES I DID NOTICE YOU IMPROVED THEIR AIMING AI. Did you have to make the floating armor patrol and chase me up the staircase when I just want to longbow the other flaming firebomber? Really? WHEN YOU ALREADY loving MADE THOSE COCKSUCKERS COMEBACK TO LIFE. I just wanted my souls From. Throwing curse on top of the mix out of no where was not cool bro, not cool at all. And to top it all off the loving red phantom has the gall to SHRUG as I'm sprinting down the stairs, out of estrus and nearly out of durability as I get gang raped by another patrolling floating armor coming UP from below as the unkillable bitch jumps down on me from above, I'm cursed, a firebomb shaves off a third of my heath with a +3 ring vs Fire was equipped and there is another dual wielding axeholeaghfuckyouiwamtmysouls!!!!!

:fuckoff: From!

When he turns and runs away just pop a Seed of the Giants
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Xc5PP1piE

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Yeah, I was able to get to the Buy screen but when I click Buy nothing happens. Now when I reload it's gone. Oh well.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Doctor Zaius posted:

The DLC isn't showing up on steam for me for some reason.

It isn't out yet. Steam messed up and people with the Season Pass got it a day early for some reason.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Nakar posted:

I know this will sound stupid, but how do I get to the two challenge routes in OIK/Ivory King? I couldn't find them and I found just about everything else. I found the door to the one in Ivory but it's locked.

Am I crazy, or is the entire DLC an extended homage to Boletarian Palace?
  • The vista of the first bonfire resembles the entrance to 1-1.
  • There's a rampart segment extremely similar to 1-1.
  • The enemies include knights and dogs, which are pretty much all over that area (granted, they're in a lot of places in the Sousl games).
  • You go from a castle area to a bridge to a town-ish area then into a great cathedral-like castle.
  • There's an area reminiscent of the crypt where Old King Doran hangs out.
  • The final boss's fighting style resembles False King Allant.
It's not substantially similar in terms of layout or anything, and obviously it's all snowy, but it definitely "feels" like it's meant to be a Demon's Souls callback.

Iron King seemed like an homage to Stonefang (with the exploding barrels and the workers) so it wouldn't be a stretch. I feel like Sunken King is an homage to Kings Field or even the Shadow Tower games.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I just ran into rear end in a top hat Invader for the second time and he is my new favorite NPC.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

^thats dope yo'

I was playing through the DLC for the first time and I glitched out this Giant. If you get him to follow you through this hole he vanishes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krJoV9ety10
Probably works with other enemies, too.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I'm so happy (Spoiler: certain DLC hat)Symbol of Avarice is back

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Someone posted this on tumblr with the caption "I don't know what I expected"

http://hopeless-host.tumblr.com/post/98959524078/i-dont-know-what-i-expected

lordfrikk posted:

I'm only getting to play the last DLC now but I seriously hope they don't include anymore lovely NPC invaders, it's like the scrubs that invade you again and again but with more HP, ugh. And on the way to the hexer phantom I got invaded by the same dark orb spamming moron three times in a row, not sure what annoys me more.

:allears:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Studio posted:

How did people feel about the second DLC? I'm playing through the DLC for the first time and uh, it feels like it's the same 3 enemies and just never ends.

Lots of people think the second DLC is the best (personally I like the last DLC the most but I can see why people would enjoy the second the most).

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Yeah, I only played on PC and Blighttown was one of my favorite areas. I was all worried because everyone had hyped it up and I dreaded going down there, but it wasn't that bad (I didn't even take the key route). I guess most of the hate was framerate related.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

BCRock posted:

You are.

If you go straight from the bridge bonfire to the chariot boss you'll go through 3 different types of enemies (regular zombie hollow things, sickle dudes, and whip dudes) for a total of 10 or 11 enemies - all of which you can run past if you want.

The path there itself is a deviation from the main path through the copse, so that part of your complaint is straight up retarded. There are items to pick up as well (a whip before the whip enemies and the poo poo you jump to off the right side of the bridge before the boss fog). You can also use that bridge to drop down to the platform with the lockstone.

Basically everything in your a/b/c list above is 100% wrong. Fine work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7zFl22KP8A

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Lion Warriors are assholes until you stab them once in the back with a basic dagger and then you're like "oh" and then you never use anything but daggers against them again.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

After the Skeleton Lords boss this Skele-dude decided to just hang out

"you have to leave now mister"

"they are gone now, I am sorry

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I didn't buff before my Last Giant fight on my latest run and noticed a move I've never seen him do before

he just got worn out mid-fight and took a dive

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

a retard posted:

Crossposting from the DS1 thread:

What the hell? The only thing I can think is that they blame DSfix for that debug mode getting out or something weird like that.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Ahahahah I think it is FROM being a dick about the Debug Mode poo poo. People are getting strikes on their youtube channels because they post things about it. I'm worried because I posted this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfptp0eEzic
Someone in the comments said they got a copyright strike because of their video, also.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I had a goofy rear end laggy match up earlier today against Ornstein

Here is the full video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KwN4cMruYM
Is this lag on my end or the Summoned's?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Rigged Death Trap posted:

WHAT
The salamanders have a special plunge attack animation?

WHAT.

Yeah the first time I'd ever seen it was watching a Kay Plays video and she was trying to jump down there. The whole time I was thinking "oh no Kay you're gonna die form the fall" and then she lands on it's head and does this badass animation.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Alabaster White posted:

But you don't have to buy it :confused: If you really hate it that much, you don't have to buy it.

lol if you think this is an option for these people

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Genocyber posted:

This decision is loving stupid as hell. Not being able to be invaded after killing a boss, without any choice in the matter, is really really dumb.

For reals I thought this was already the case.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Lol those descriptions ruin a bunch of youtube lore people's theories

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Alabaster White posted:

I hope we get another blow-up like with Killer7 where the developers destroy some nerd's unbelievably stupid theories and we get to see them flip out and threaten to kill themselves/the devs/everyone :allears:

Portal was an upside down castle

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Putting Vengarl's body closer to his head makes a little more sense.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

AllisonByProxy posted:

Vaati posted a video with a bunch of direct feed footage of the PS4 version along with his impressions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg3vnui8OyQ

At the end of this video you can see a couple of hollows wailing on a Last Giant tree. That's unusual and a weird addition.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

Makes sense, though. Those hollows were once Royal Soldiers who fought the Giants so they might still with their limited consciousness equate the giant-like appearance as something they must fight. Even if it's just the corpse of a giant who died in that spot.

I didn't think about that. I love From and little details like that. They went back in and thought "what can we do with this extra processing power of the PS4"?

"Make it so those dead soldiers hit that tree. Just do it, it's been bugging me"

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

SHISHKABOB posted:

It totally makes sense that the two giants are down in the bottom of the gutter: Giants had been being used by Aldia in experiments but eventually he probably didn't need them anymore, and so these two guys got tossed down there. But remember that there's that little cage elevator, which implies someone wanted to make it a bit more accessible.

The whole theme of the gutter is "poo poo people want to forget about and get rid of", and since Aldia is what is he, the Giants are probably not needed anymore. Or maybe even since they were "elite" giants, as opposed to the littler guys, they got put down there due to their "troublesome size".

Also those fuckin dogs, the only two places we see them are Aldia's manor and the gutter. gently caress those fuckin dogs btw.

I wonder why Aldia digs corrosiveness so much. He's got the giant horn beetle thing, the giant ant in the gutter was his, there's that pit of corrosive acid... I wouldn't be surprised if those acids spewing dragon things in drangleic castle were Aldia's work as well.

Dark Souls has taught me that Aldia is kind of a dick.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Someone get working on a Dark Souls 2 list of enemy falling animations please
http://imgur.com/a/pyTAK

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Anyone else notice an enemy just bolt off in a random direction? I am doing my first run through and have notice a few, like this guy just had to run off and join in on these guys beating the poo poo out of this tree

he's like "Oh poo poo I loving forgot!"

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Apr 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

youtube fact lists