Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tommaso Ciampa

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Davros1 posted:

That's why it'd be funny if she went to AEW (though I rather not see that), because all these people who call her the best would immediately turn on her

I dunno. If someone is weird enough to be a hardcore Charlotte-fan, I could see them turning on WWE is she left in bad terms.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan Danielson loving rules forever :hellyeah:

Patiently waiting for the Bear Country feud.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

He's dead to me.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Here's the famous chart that always gets posted:

I believe it's about 10 years old, couldn't find newer research (that includes wrestling).

Bonus: Roman Reigns fans are the smartest beings in the Universe.
https://www.howtobet.com/most-intelligent-sportsfans/

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I think 2019 was when Network subscriber numbers started shrinking compared to the previous year.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I feel like ref liveliness is one of those things your brain learns to ignore/accept after a while. It was quite distracting when I started watching AEW, but I don't really notice it anymore unless someone points it out.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

dromal phrenia posted:

Walter is a goofy name, I think Gunther is even worse. Sounds even dorkier.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

It's an epic troll lultz?

https://twitter.com/Starkbutnottony/status/1485306853815107585?s=20

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Bad Takes Thread: Mick Foley was a hipster

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1506805497436860418?t=oXTAVam995Fi1_-6-zXFEA&s=19

I'm putting a pin in this so we can point to it in a few months.

(that was admittedly a jokish addition from him, but it got me)

Kennel fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 25, 2022

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

edogawa rando posted:

Jesus, they've been banging at this Brock vs Roman drum for four years now?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Don't be silly, of course they haven't.

Their first Wrestlemania match was SEVEN years ago lmao
Eh, they have faced:

-Once in 2015 (Mania, became a 3-way)
-Once in 2016 (3-way with Ambrose)
-Once in 2017 (4-way with Braun and Joe)
-Thrice in 2018 (Mania, Saudi, SummerSlam)
-Once in 2021 (Saudi)

IMO they've been used them quite sparingly, considering that both have been consistently top-3 guys and their 1vs1s would have been guaranteed money matches.

(Brock being away a lot and Roman's few long breaks helped)

Kennel fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 28, 2022

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

betting the people who engage in this faux outrage every week at whatever tame thing AEW does overlap perfectly with the type of people who whine about Cancel Culture

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That video was certainly a trip. Probably shouldn't give it clicks, but it was quite entertaining how unhinged and chauvinistic (oh, the irony) it was.

"The vast majority of the women who are excited about this Male Hardcore Wrestling Fan Spectacular cover wrestling professionally. And judging by how hardcore wrestling fans treat women on social media, it's no wonder some women feel they need to take that extra step to earn their stripes by working in this business just to prove how much they love wrestling, which is obviously unfair."

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Lamuella posted:

Look, it's really simple.

If they don't put a guy on TV all the time, they're burying him.

If they put a guy on TV a lot, they're overexposing him.

If he's a former NXT guy and he wins then AEW has done a terrible job building their own guys so they had to bring in NXT guys for the pop.

If he's a former NXT guy and he loses then AEW are burying former NXT guys to get their own guys over.

If he's not a former WWE guy, nobody knows or cares about him.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The account seems to exist only to post whatever annoys the AEW fans most. Being wrong probably doesn't really matter to him.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Drakkel posted:

WWE Stans pay hundreds of dollars to go to a sports arena and just stare at the titantron while it plays cpu vs cpu matches in 2k25

Remember Raw 25 Years episode, which ran on two arenas and Manhattan center got this?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Endless Mike posted:

This can't be real. Who is "Frank Lowman"?

It's Wardlow's WWE name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBhrXX7-ygE

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Lol

quote:

The best stories in wrestling are the ones that people can relate to. Austin/McMahon. Or even something more recent and a very simple story to tell, when Otis and Dolph  Ziggler feuded over Mandy Rose. The majority of wrestling fans are men. There is just no other way around it. Even the organic storytelling of a women’s feud just won’t be as relatable to men. Bottom line, men would rather see Sable and Trish Stratus in a bikini every week strutting around the ring than watching them attempt to have a 5 star classic. It’s human nature, and if anyone tries to deny it, they’re simply lying to themselves.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Maybe WWE should put all their golden boys & girls to work in the indies for 3 years.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Venomous posted:

not even sure how to respond to this one

With :hmmyes:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Drakkel posted:

Does anybody besides HHH like Top Dollar?
https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1448679775334068232?s=20&t=_1S_H1_4KefanYecak8Vuw
https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1450129554052292616?s=20&t=_1S_H1_4KefanYecak8Vuw

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Plus it lets fans know that some wrestlers may be absent as well.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Lid posted:

Mr Fuji at #2 is something else as he wouldn't make a top 25 managers list.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

dsriggs posted:

That HAS to be a racist white dude LARP account, because if it's not... :psyduck:

Seems like a real deal (hour long podcast).
https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1eaJbrEEpOqJX
I didn't listen more that a few bits but seemed to be amusingly wild.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Alfred says that Tony is getting cyber-bullied.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
No wonder WWE fired her :colbert:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

btw jaguar yokota is still wrestling today and has apparently wrestled 44 matches in 2022 so far

Sadly she's been paralysed since 1985 and wrestles like Yoshihiko.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
His championship match against Hangman was also a shoot.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
No Abadon on Dark or Elevation tapings either.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tweak posted:

(((satan)))

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That's fair criticism and there was nothing blatantly stupid on that video.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
click-saver: (It's Cornette)

“Does anybody else see that it is coincidental or just amazing how this worked out? That Chris Jericho got to defend the ROH World Championship against and defeat in the middle of the ring a different former champion of some description every week on TV for six or eight weeks. On National cable television on TBS with, at least by their standards, a lot of people watching anywhere from 750-900,000 give or take.

But when it comes time to drop it, oh I’ll be happy to drop that title to Claudio on a f*cking Ring of Honor secondary pay-per-view that may not be seen by 75,000 people much less 750,000.”

:rolleyes:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That's my favorite quote from The Incredibles.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

It's true. I would laugh myself to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I was quite relieved when "Kidd Bandit hosed up badly" turned out to be about ~dumb anime poo poo~