Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
If it’s not fifteen minutes of lay and pray it’s fake phony outlaw mudshow garbage poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
2 hour bloodline segment > super bowl ratings

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

bartok posted:

Seeing Reds pitcher Jose Rijo hit a homerun as a kid was pretty sweet but I get it.

After Bartolo mashed his dinger there was no need for pitchers to hit anymore.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Yes, but don’t you think it would have been a great Wrestlemania Moment when the loser sting raised undertakers hand after the match?

sting gets the undertaker at wrestlemania but it's the cena/undertaker match

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Benne posted:

That Scott Hall comment is really funny when the most famous match of his career is he and Shawn Michaels loving around with a ladder

also orange cassidy gets huge pops, the biggest pops, from a half thumbs up and some weak kicks and...hold on i need to check something.............actually those are bad i apologize i'll never make such a mistake again

Ringo Roadagain posted:

The pearl clutching over the audience getting showered with glass is getting good

the people who got hit need to sue, and the people who might have been hit need to sue, and everyone in attendance need to sue, and everyone who watched need to due, and all of us talking about it need to sue

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
if they wanted to make okada a big deal he should have retired sting in a 15 second match

if okada wanted to be a big deal he should have signed with wwe and spent six months working with karrion kross

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
any celeb that willingly associates themselves with aew permanently damages their brand to such an extent that it will never recover. they are immediately dropped by their agencies and their brand deals and even their own families will disown them in disgrace. even watching aew is legally grounds for divorce.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

if he had even an ounce of sense Okada should have gone to NXT, got renamed to Taichi Suzuki, and learned how to f'n hardcam

We'll name him Hiroshima Nagasaki, he'll come out in a pilot's outfit wearing aviator goggles, his new finisher will be his top rope elbow drop, and it'll will be called the Fat Boy.

Such good poo poo.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

disney is hemorrhaging money no one is watching the MCU movies they're all getting bad reviews

there was a movie with not one not two but three ladies as leads so it was a triple woke movie and therefore disney is now closed sorry to say

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Guillermus posted:

Let's not forget someone blowing both quads by just running to the ring

These was an indy/backyard guy who jumped off the second rope after posing in their entrance and horrifically broke both of their legs.

When the ring demands blood it will be sated.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

A Fancy Hat posted:

You need a unique gimmick. Puppet’s already taken, fast national leaker is taken, and bitter guy who didn’t get hired by AEW has been taken multiple times.

Maybe do an animated thing? Or do it all in shadows with a voice modulator, claim you’re in witness protection hiding from the Elite.

Irrelevant film critic with an OnlyFans to promote is back open I hear.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

little munchkin posted:

Yea the guaranteed contracts still had to be paid no matter what, but there was the option to negotiate something new and make someone an active wwe wrestler if both sides could agree on something. The original contracts were paid by Time Warner and anything new would be paid entirely by wwe. Some of the lower card guys went over because they needed the visibility for their careers, but any established star with a big contract would need a ton of money to get talked out of their current contract (especially since they would still be in demand when it ended so they could sit at home still get paid to come back after their wcw contract was up).

Obviously they'd make more money with sting/nash/etc. but it would cost them a lot more as well. And it wouldn't solve the fundamental issues with the invasion (booking around backstage politics/egos, trying to monetize a brand synonymous with failure, vince not wanting to make his own company look weak in any way).

IIRC it was only the name stars with actual leverage/representation who had their contracts through Time Warner and not WCW. WWF absorbed all of the WCW contracts and their 90-day cycles but anyone on Time Warner contract would have had to been negotiated separately and the vast majority were happy to stay home and cash the check. Only DDP was willing to take a buyout, which was why he came in earlier as the Undertaker stalker and we all know how that exploded on the launchpad.

I'm not sure of how long their deals were for but it wasn't until '02 that Hogan/Hall/Nash came in and then '03 for Goldberg.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Cavauro posted:

i believe that mercedes is paid higher than tony khan's nfl team's quarterback

maybe if trev did his hair up like hers tiny would give trev the big bucks or maybe a ol

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

do the FBI gimmick daniel garcia

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
it's more of a cuck lounger anyway

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Bad Takes Thread: learn the meaning of discipline and ethics in dealing

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

dave needs to say it could never happen, tna needs to say i'll take that bet, and the next great wrestling boom will be upon us

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lamuella posted:

The dude is massively overstating it but he's not wrong that Kevin Dunn was a lovely hack who should never have got work.

Admittedly this is like someone who has only ever bought burgers at a gas station going to Cook Out and saying "Now these are the best burgers that have ever been made"

I will hear no Cook Out slander. If I make only one serious post let it be this one.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

beepo posted:

If you don't win the most recent match in a fued, you are being buried (only applies to the specific matches I specify so don't even try to gotcha me).

Win every match in a Goldberg squash or be buried and exposed as the fraud you are.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Razor and Diesel won the Monday Night Wars. Can't tell me otherwise.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Couple more decades and most of us here will have been slowly dying for 50 years, minus those of us lucky enough to get out early.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

quote:

I have never seen an AEW match, but from what I understand they are basically just a series of dangerous botches.

who stole my quote

show yourself coward i want my quote back

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Drakkel posted:

How would you EVER have any matches on a show if you can ONLY do matches that have several weeks/months of build, even on weekly TV?

see someone finally gets it. no matches promos only for tv.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Yeah, can’t give away matches on the free tv that’s also your primary source of revenue, gotta sell’em a la cart to 10% of your audience for $50 a pop.

Also you don't want clean finishes because how else are you gonna get them back next week/month, so every match should end with a count-out/dq or some kind of gently caress finish. That's just good booking.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
https://www.cagesideseats.com/2024/3/30/24116465/aew-dynamite-ratings-debate-television-ranking-vs-competition-wwe-raw-smackdown

Article: hay lets maybe put the ratings war into context before we spam another comments section with no million for dynamite chat

Literal first comment: tiny con is like big time adolf h

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Why is this here?

Here's one people can wonder about too, hint, look closely.

https://twitter.com/FiteTV/status/1774858136962085181

IWA-MS, for sure.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

a dumb moron posted:

I don’t think Hogan has had a financially successful venture in a very very long time.

There was the gawker suit but that was a slam dunk.

Even the Gawker suit had some dubious rulings that experts said would have been overturned on appeall, but as we've seen with Trump if you want to appeal you have to post the full amount awarded and whoever owned Gawker at the time couldn't do that without bankrupting themselves.

So even that win was kinda on a technicality.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
When goons tried to ruin AssCreed they didn't do a good enough job.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lid posted:

I'm old enough to remember SA had a proto-gamergate before the first game even came out in 06/07 because the head was a woman named Jade. There's still some old creepy cartoons made here floating around but it's a part people pretend never happened.

SA likes to pretend they ran those folk off to 4Chan and Reddit but the original sin still originated here and pennance still hasn't been paid.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Looks like he gives her a little boost when he catches her to pop her up into the spin, her ring gear kind of hides his hands when he does it but you can just about see it.

Gumball Gumption posted:

The whirling candy is such a sick move. I think she's able to transition into the spin during the part where the other person "catches" her. If you watch a bunch of them people tend to catch her with their hands open and up and she uses that position to start the twirl, falling into their arms and chest as they all fall together.

Yeah, the skirt hides a lot of the movement but she ends up rolling up their arms and up their chest.

Not sure how it looks vs. someone her size tbh.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I don't like the Whirling Candy because it doesn't look like it hits the opponent very hardy and I want wrestlers to be getting CTE at all times.

But it is undeniably very cool.

what you're saying is that it needs to be done by someone over 300 pounds then

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

shiksa posted:

what's funny is that the miz is going to be immediately forgotten the second hes not on tv every week anymore. the dude has basically no legacy if you're not a big reality TV fan. not one single wrestler coming up is gonna reference miz as an influence. honky tonk man-rear end

miz will absolutely slide into the jerry lawler commentary role and spend decades doing mediocre tv after he retires. he will never be off tv

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
instead of the star scale, we now have the wwe/aew scale

if match is good, it's a wwe match

if match is bad, it's an aew match

if match is terrible, it's a wcw match

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Writer Cath posted:

What's a TNA match?

that which must not be spoken of

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
"It's for my research!" I protest as the IRS presses charges of tax fraud against me for trying to write off 48 subscriptions to Only Fans.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Most Power Alex posted:

New Jack did his attempted murder and vicious assault in front of the audience like a really man.

you never have to wonder if new jack was gonna kick your rear end in the back after the match because jack was gonna beat your rear end in front of the crowd and get paid for it like a real worker

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Wrestling is at its purest when you have no idea who anyone is and you pick a lifelong fave based on Vibes Alone.

If you can't create a lifelong ride or die and/or parasocial relationship with someone based off a portrait on the character select screen alone, then they're no good.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jonny Nox posted:

who is Tama Tonga?

he was bad before, but now that he's signed with wwe he's good

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

A Fancy Hat posted:

WWE fans getting tired of Cody and demanding a new toy be made champion in about a week is wild.

Next week Roman beats Cody in a rematch and holds the belt for another five years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Why are you posting good opinions in the bad opinions thread?