Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Preechr posted:

Borticus' primary role at Cryptic is to find things that are fun and fix them until they aren't.

Not even joking. He literally combs through game data looking for areas where players thrive, and "fixes" them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Asimo posted:

"There's all these people playing these fun maps and queues. Obviously we need to normalize them with the tedious and unrewarding maps instead so people play those too."

"What's that? Some of the maps cause the client to crash? Well they can go to a map with newer content. Nobody really plays the Dyson battlesphere for good reasons anyway. "

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Tigey posted:

OMG Danger 5 avatar. I've been holding off checking out the new series for fear it is rubbish. Worth a look?

Uzis and cocaine. Watch it.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

DarkMalfunction posted:

Hey, so I'm confused, as this thread exists, yet the Starfleet Dental thread under the Private Game Servers thread says it has nothing to do with the current SFD in STO. So how on Earth do I join? I've given up looking at this game with a serious cynical eye, and just want to dick about; this seems like the right place.
That's Fake Dental. Ignore them. Post your @handle and someone will get you in.

Anyway, I remembered the Soviet style Klingon propaganda from a few years ago, maybe it can be useful?

faxmachine fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 3, 2015

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Aww come on guys. 5 days is enough, right?

Edit: From post history

"Sherman is a curse word in my family"

This is from a thread about General Lee.

I don't know. Guy seems solid. I say you fast-track him.

This but unironically.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Defiance Industries posted:

We're supposed to be about dental hygiene. What are people going to say if we start letting in backwards-rear end southerners and their Nascar races?

Case experts in bad dental hygiene.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
I'll gently caress around with the wiki while I am at work. There are a lot of dupicate pages that can be merged or redirected.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Tuskin38 posted:

They can use any ship design ship owned by CBS AFAIK, which I think includes anything on screen.

The Luna class is 'owned' by CBS through a design contest, same as the Odyssey.

The Vesta was not owned by CBS which is why it took so long to get it. Legal hoops and that.

I think any design submitted to the Ent-F contest is owned by them as well.

I always hoped they'd release a Wolf 359 ship or two, and I remember them having plans for the New Orleans class, but I guess all of that went to poo poo. And it's a shame they couldn't have used some ships from Legacy. Those were some batshit designs that would have fit in well with the shitfest this game has become.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

XBenedict posted:

I dusted this game off last week, after having been away for a couple of years.

Do fellow goons have a favorite T5-T6 ship?

Also, do we know why the non-fleet Chimera isn't being sold any more?

I hear the Galaxy-X* is pretty sweet.

Also nice of them to give us a bonus dil weekend so soon after the Risa poo poo has ended.

*this is a joke do not get it

faxmachine fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 23, 2015

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

John Dyne posted:

I'm looking to join in on this dumb game; I've been flying around blowing up Klingons and it's actually more fun than I expected. I'm level 20 and I'm wondering, should I stick with just the ONE energy type and deck out my consoles, or is it alright to be firing a veritable rainbow of death?

Ingame name is JackCrassian, @crassian is the handle thing.

Welcome to Hell.

To answer your question, it really doesn't matter what gear you use leveling up to 50, but once you hit 50, pick an energy type and gear up accordingly. I'm sure you already know by now, but just to reiterate, the real grind begins at level 50.

faxmachine fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 9, 2015

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Morglon posted:

Don't worry about keeping your poo poo up to date while leveling, just take whatever you can find out of the bank and use whites until you hit Admiral.

Except greens, god help you if you take greens.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

g0del posted:

I don't even think most of the Devs could put together a half-way decent ship build by themselves.

The manner in which ships like the Ambassador class and Obelisk carrier come equipped supports your statement. Hell, the stock equipment on every ship is a hodge podge of poo poo.

faxmachine fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 10, 2015

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
Harriet Tubman runs the Underspace Railroad for the Vaadwaur.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Morglon posted:

I'm shutting you down. drat it Butts you're a loose cannon, turn in your badge and gun.

He may be a loose cannon, but he gets results dammit!

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Morglon posted:

Also that pubbie unfriended me so I guess no academy for them. That's :10bux: down the drain.

That has to be the quickest a J4G has ever bailed on us. At least tax has some gas money now.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Rahhmi posted:

RE: Game is dying ~ Cryptic support went from Terrible to... I don't even know WHAT to call this.

Somebody is definitely earning their paycheck.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Cyntalan posted:

Power settings are 100/50/25/25, yes. I'll check the auto-fire thing when I get home, though. That might be the issue. Should they be green or not?

They should all be green. What traits/duty officers do you have slotted?

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Nita posted:

Hey guys, ARC is shutting down STO. Servers are going down forever on January 20th.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9653383-star-trek-online%farewell-live-long-and-prosper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoEGopVhX9A

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Acer Pilot posted:

What happened to rahhmi?

A successful martyr operation

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Rahhmi posted:

I went out to dinner and enjoyed the food I ate. Though there's a rumor that I got Banned, But reports of my ban are greatly exaggerated. On a side note, if anyone would like to join me in being banned, get in touch with me and I'll provide you with proof that you were banned too.

I ate a ban about a year ago but I was able to get it reversed.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

hakimashou posted:

I miss xean :(

We all do, son. We all do.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Morglon posted:

I have to clarify this once and for all. It's only gay when balls are touching.

But your balls are touching right now unless you have only one of them like Hitler. So you're either gay or Hitler.

Why not both?

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Hesh Ballantine posted:

man idk... this game kinda stinks

I feel like they should just make a phone/tablet game out of doffs/admiralty and call it a day because most of the rest of the game is kind of a shitshow, no?

The Star Trek: Timelines mobile game is quite literally almost that.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Technical Analysis posted:

1. Dentals
2. Dentals
3. Dentals
4. Dentals
5. Laughing Trendy, admitted Dental lover.

1. Jews
2. Jews
3. Jews
4. Jews
5. Jews

RIP Arus, you tried to warn us.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Son of a bitch......

Guess it's time to download a dozen gigs worth of patches.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

DonDoodles posted:

...I finally thought I quit this game. God drat it.

We will never be able to quit. There will always be a sperg in need of instruction on proper dental hygiene, disco, and why Dukat was right. And they will always come back for more.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Aleth posted:

Reported for exploit, Ambaire-style! :hehe:

Same but not joking. gently caress you Ambaire.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Ambaire posted:

Hit load ui instead of save ui right after making a bunch of changes gently caress you craptic you worthless piece of poo poo who doesn't program a loving 'are you loving sure you want to discard umpteen days of refinements' confirmation. :psyduck: AND THE LOAD UI BUTTON IS RIGHT NEXT TO OK. WHAT THE FLYING gently caress.

e. And here's how it happened, try to check 'recently damaged', loads ui instead. :cryptic: why isn't there a cryptic smilie yet

How many lockbox ships did you sell for 9mil on the exchange?

PS: gently caress off.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Jesica posted:

hello once again i would like an ingame chat channel invite please Ameonna@mangas67 I was quite the dumb porpoise and created a thread instead of posting in one thank you in advance

gently caress off.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Ambaire posted:

Sadly, I don't have any alt accounts here. Hilarious, though.

This is the only thread you seem to post in; are you sure you're not a pubbie spy?

Just because I play a dead gay mmo doesn't mean I have to continue posting in every sub on a dead gay forum.

PS: gently caress off

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

He is. All the time.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Roadie posted:

So then why does evil exist, huh? :shepface:

Gotta have something to make him look good right??

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

DancingShade posted:

Evil... to whom? :smuggo:

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
Maxed out credit cards
Five thousand dollars in debt
Still no bling bling ship

New lockbox out now
Zen and keys are both on sale
Just gently caress my poo poo up

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
Star Trek Online Season 12: Masterbating and Playin with Muh Bewbs

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Tuskin38 posted:

She identifies as female so I'll call her as such. I don't care if shes an idiot.

He identifies as a female in the same way that Chester T Molester identified as a 12 year old on AOL chat back in the 90's.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Ambaire posted:

For all new forums members, please remember You need a Platinum Account to view this message. Also you need to You need a Platinum Account to view this message. since if You need a Platinum Account to view this message. severe You need a Platinum Account to view this message. in the end. Not kidding.

But seriously, don't make introduction posts, and the 'platinum account' spoiler tags are just bullshitting.

Also, thanks to this thread, I have been clean from STO for over a month now. Let's see if I can make it two months without logging in!

Now go two months without breathing.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Soviet Commubot posted:

''S.F.C'. is literally the only part of that that I have a hard time believing an 11B E-7 wrote.

Having been stationed at Ft Bliss, I can tell you from experience that there are E-7s who are fully capable of writing stupid poo poo like that.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

LordCo posted:

He writes exactly the same way on his facebook page. Punk bitch neighbours shooting up the block, punk bitch Trump, punk cheating bitch rear end females... and that's just in the past few months.

https://www.facebook.com/thomas.reilly.33633

Be sure to check out his ice bucket challenge video

I learned two things from his facebook page.

1. He's a bad brother in law.

2. He has just as much military experience as the average FPS console player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Unguided posted:

Did anyone make xtern1ty on the console version?

If I could run into enough people at ESD on the xbone I would.

*hahahaha who the gently caress put xbone in the word filter?

• Locked thread