Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I guess this is a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I don't even remember. The thread's gone.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Re: SWToR

Sad Pandas (pubbie PvP group with a good number of goons in it) moved on to ToR a while ago. It's apparently pretty decent now and the PvP is great so long as you don't mind paying $15 a month. It's not F2P past the story line, which I've enjoyed a good bit so far. If I were to play a MMO again it would more than likely end up being this one, and I've enjoyed what I've played so far as of level 10ish, but that may be because I haven't reached the MMO part of it yet; I haven't gotten much further because I don't want to play any MMO at the moment. The grind isn't bad and the devs aren't completely incompetent. Of course this is just stuff I've heard from a couple of people so take it as you will. They also tell me there's a ton of PvP on the RP servers, so not only do they get their fill of PvP but they get to mess with weirdos constantly.

Also everyone has max boob slider! :woop:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/17/cryptic-layoffs-alone-totaled-18-people/

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

Maybe they can roll the servers forward 12 months instead.

Actually they could simulate this today just by yanking out the power cord.

Honestly, I kind of hope they do unfuck themselves. STO was the first MMO I spent more than a month on and actually worked on gear-wise. Like Asimo's said hundreds of times it was the most laid-back and chill game, and despite the constant making GBS threads on PvPers the Devs did it was a p great game. I'm definitely not playing another MMO after ArcheAge. I'm not holding my breath, though. I've accepted STO was dead for over six months now and Geko honestly doesn't know why the game is failing because Delta Rising is the best expansion ever, et cetera.

But hey, at least we still have Star Citizen! :suicide:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I still wasn't getting enough XP from the story lines when I was leveling my KDFs from around level fourty. :mad:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also considering it's a PvP AND KDF bug, it's never getting fixed.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Another reason some people want to be "tanks" so much is they're the type of person who can't stand seeing their character or ship die/blow up because it literally breaks them a little more mentally. I wish I was making this up. Saw this frequently in ArcheAge where leaders of guilds would force their subordinates to give them all the tanking loot from world bosses and such, would order everyone to concentrate their heals on themselves and just outright have a mental breakdown yelling at and kicking people from their guild when they "failed" to keep them alive.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

You were in FC?

Oh god no, I was just on the same server and their drama was always leaked. Even the goons in FC couldn't deal with the pubbies and FC's leader; they used the CTS mumble instead of whatever FC was using.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Preechr posted:

:laffo:
They said I was crazy...

You're still crazy. :ssh:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Goat Pillager posted:

It's apparently some other goon furry, twenkymapes, who got kicked out.

I remember seeing that long before twenkymapes was a thing. Just sayin'.

e;fb

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

A brother goon and brother space rich's personal interests aren't open to criticism in my view. Assuming these people are lying and this screenshot is actually some new thing.

Goons infiltrating the heart of the reddit cat girl gross man club is a triumph.

Or, pulse is space rich and therefore beyond bourgeois right and wrong.

Pulse was a redditor catgirl (unironically) before he joined SA. So if anything, he's infiltrated the heart of Dental.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Preechr posted:

These people are the weirdo fucks who went back and replayed Mass Effect 2 specifically to kill off Garrus so that he could not possibly hook up with Tali in Mass Effect 3.

Please tell me this wasn't actually a thing. Like Khev, Garrus was the biggest bro and this may legit make me cry tears of shame of the human race. :(

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Psycho Landlord posted:

This might legitimately be the stupidest this thread has ever been, and given that at one point Riyott was a regular poster that's really saying something.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
http://www.reddit.com/r/startrek/comments/347ar9/stump_star_trek_onlines_lead_designer_for_prizes/

I'd participate in this just for the outfit if it wasn't :effort: and Reddit.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

another company attempt an MMO with the same IP

I would actually be quite excited for this and hope it becomes a thing. With Mars contra farming, of course.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:eyepop:

Despite it being Cryptic, I am still legitimately excited.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

If this is true I may even reinstall and try it o-ahahaha. Sorry, I tried. I'm content being lied to constantly and getting shitted on content-wise from MWO since the PvP's still (somewhat) playable.

Edit: Also Elite: Dangerous for the exploring the galaxy in a spaceship scratch that STO never really scratched.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 7, 2015

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Roflan posted:

You could try reading what you're replying to. 12x exp means you do only the story quests which are mostly boss fights, mini-dungeons and conversations with no robot rear end collecting to be seen. You can complete a classes story in about the same amount of time as a normal Bioware RPG(50-80 hours).

Yeah, but that means you have to pay EA money for a comparatively crap game with awful people.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

I don't know what it is with STO (or the Star Trek franchise) that attracts ERPists who do that poo poo so blatantly.

Like, I played Tera Online and that game has an entire player race which is literally just lolicon pedobait and I never once came across that kind of poo poo in game.

Those things legit scared me and gave me nightmares. :(

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Aleth posted:

Saw something about reddit so I blame Pulse/Riyott.

Seems related and still funny.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
"The PvP mod we implemented didn't save PvP."

"Well, take it out. We tried."

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

I never understood the attraction of the game to people who aren't Star Trek fans, it's a mediocre game. It's the only Star Trek game

I really only like JJ Trek. Does that count?

Tunicate posted:

Until recently, it was the most casual mmo available.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
^^^Glorious.

That's Mina Lia, Lina Mia? Both? Whatever. That's the guy who had three different accounts do the tonic dance on the bar and said he modeled his characters after his mother.

I ran into him a few days ago, because I log in every now in then to literally play with my fireworks that Cryptic tried to bribe me back with, and saw him. Make sure to ask him how he'll cope with not having anyone left in his fleet to do his life's work of having max fleet holdings if a new one comes out. He got really defensive and went on a rant about how he still has the best PvPer (Zelda) in his pocket or something.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Wrong thread.

Also that cop was extremely patient for a Texas cop. Here they would have smash someone's window and arrested someone, probably very violently, after the first refusal.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 6, 2015

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What was keeping you playing before now?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So how do you get those new pets? I stumbled around for a bit, couldn't do the ship race thing because it took somewhere near ten minutes for the start locations to pop up and when I get to the start of the last race the mission fails and tells me to start over. :suicide:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

I didn't even bother to look but I do know that Risa would be improved immeasurably by an Urbanmech stomping about.

:worship:

I know what to do next.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DonDoodles posted:

Is anyone else having a problem getting into the game after the last patch update? I can log in fine, get to the character selection screen, but upon entering the actually game, I immediately get the "Server Not Responding" message for about 25 seconds before disconnecting. Not sure what the issue is, as I've had no connectivity problems prior to this morning's update.

You've been shadow banned. :tinfoil:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

groomofweird posted:

I cant help but somewhat compare this to a real life occurrence I had recently.
I was doing the dancing game and my 11 year old son was finding it hilarious to cover my toon on the screen with a playing card. Whilst mildly amusing for a second or two it quickly got annoying, (the threat of no pudding after dinner was enough to make him reconsider lol).
The point is one usually plays a game (at least for me anyway) to actually see what one is doing.
Someone impeding that is impeding ones enjoyment of said game and is just plain annoying.

My choice quote from that thread, so far. Son is just plain annoying for wanting attention from his father.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24271781&postcount=198

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DonDoodles posted:

I like how you are vilified in that thread for pointing out how thin skinned and spergy he is with his own son; basically, he is "trolled" every night by a prepubescent child and will not tolerate it in a space game.

Reading some of these replies right after seeing Jurassic World has made this a great day.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

So is anyone in NoP still playing?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Reading these forums at work may result in termination of your employment for associating with Dental.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Aleth posted:

Disloyalty and deceit makes Dear Leader shed a tear for us all.

Holy poo poo. :swoon:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I heard y'all did some amazing things while I was gone. It was the best thing to come back to. :golfclap:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

This pubbie is really mad because he's dumb

[Zone #28] Jordan@Lt.Expendable: I opened 600 boxes that all gave WORTHLESS CRAP that's why I'm quitting
[Zone #28] Jordan@Lt.Expendable: go ahead and report me. I don't care. give trendy something to do with her fat fingers. too bad that car crash didn't get rid of her.
[Zone #28] Jordan@Lt.Expendable: I hope borticus, tacofangs, and alll the other sons of bitches who run this crapfest die
[Zone #28] Jordan@Lt.Expendable: I hope they all suffer. They are worthless bastards. scum.
[Zone#28] Jordan@Lt.Expendable: Do you think that fat bitch Trendy will go on a date with you if you insult me? Are you that desperate? I think she's too busy loving her dog.

This still happens. :allears:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nita posted:

It seems I'm upsetting people simply by logging on:
http://i.imgur.com/SCb6wMW.png

I made sure to report him for swearing as I'm doing God's work for GM Zakarie.

Aw, he's still around. :3:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tigey posted:

Speaking of Xean, someone just mailed me this. First time I and a couple others had seen it, despite the date. Don't know who wrote it, but surely it can't be anyone other than him...

http://pastebin.com/F4DSM5qK

I literally met this guy once and I'm not even sure if I was in a goon fleet with that character. How did I make the list?

Also when did people start considering House of Beautiful Orions a goon fleet? Please tell me it's because of all the alts I have in there.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Asimo posted:

Or an avatar clearly designed to look as pre-teen as possible. :shepicide:

:gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Bloke posted:

He's not wrong though, your posts are irritating and pointless

Aren't you that one guy who got kicked out of everything goon-related in this game for being irritating and autistic?

• Locked thread