Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ZenVulgarity posted:

Thanks Bud

I'll probably do a cover of shitsville next week

Hey, that theme song was "Save Me", no need to be calling it names :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ZenVulgarity posted:

Thanks for the avatar Febreeze.

Speaking of Febreeze avatars, he still owes me one for winning the charity fantasy football league last year. Now I just need some sort of useful idea

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Febreeze posted:

Wait what? I don't recall agreeing to that. I thought I just had to make a couple things for Beer4theBeergod.

If something was lost in translation, that's cool:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3562102

quote:

Our very own Febreeze who runs The Draw Play has pledged a free custom avatar to the winner! Plus the avatar change will be free thanks to Gendo!

Obviously Gendo ain't doing squat at this point

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Febreeze posted:

I'm more open on time, so come up with an idea good sir

And therein lies the problem in bringing it up. I'm the least creative person ever. Hmm.. I don't really hate any teams or players, I don't have a rich history of probations to be proud of like Chiche, I'm more of a generic football fan than a real proponent of any given team (tho I do follow the Vikings and Packers more than the rest because I live there/grew up there respectively), and spend most of my time thinking about fantasy football.

Maybe something like a Janus two faced god with a packer fan and a vikings fan. One looking to the future, one to the past, but which is which?

:negative:

Or I suppose just something revolving around the charity league. Fantasy Football for the children. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any ideas.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Golden opportunity for Burfict and his Dog

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I couldn't have even told you what my college's team was. Cougars apparently.

Far more vicious than their football team.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I should get an avatar version of the anime Green Bay logo

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Should be deep fried

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

effectual posted:

What would seattle's food even be? Ivars?

Seahawks logo in foam latte

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Darth Brooks posted:

When do training camps start up? We need the season to start.

First camps start this week :dance:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

bhsman posted:

To explain further: Bills start this Friday, and I think the Browns are next.

Bills Friday, then looks like Giants Monday (and followed by the rest quickly next week)

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/130480/2014-nfl-training-camp-dates

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

A.o.D. posted:

Cats own, but they have downsides. Hair everywhere, puke in interesting places, and of course, if the cat likes you, it will show you its butthole at every opportunity.

Yes, thank god dogs don't have hair, vomit, or buttholes

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

A use for the newest emote already!

:iit:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dirt Worshipper posted:

drat dudes, I guess I'm a curmudgeon or maybe I've been around too much death, but that gif isn't funny at all.

It's not like he photoshopped Kevin Ward Jr into the Robocop chemical waste scene or something

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Darth Brooks posted:

I honestly don't remember the old one.

It was a checkbox or something. Because the "Message" button was too hard to use to find your fellow platinums

They should add more icons so we can Archives shame

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

whypick1 posted:

RG3 has Boneitis, it makes so much sense now!

He's the new Mr Glass! He needs to be stopped before he starts causing Amtrak disasters!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wait were people seriously trying to underplay Beckham's catch because of his gloves?

That is... just... wow

That's like saying no baseball player ever has ever made a great catch because they play the whole game with a giant leather ball satchel

The leather ball satchels have been standard gear since day 1, however. The football gloves that are so sticky they would allow the receivers to moonlight as spider-man are fairly new.

It was still a good catch tho

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Someone needs to spoof the silent version of that "no more" commercial with nothing but the league's rapists

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Febreeze posted:

I looked them up, they were characters in like 1993. No, I can't say I watched SNL when I was 5, you old farts

State farm resurrected 20 year old characters to try and look hip to old people

Hell, I had stopped watching SNL by the time Hans and Franz showed up. BassOmatic forever.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kalli posted:

If it helps, I haven't played a Zelda game since A link to the Past which came out 24 years ago.

I only ever bought and played the original legend of zelda when it came out, which was in 1987. :corsair:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The NFL's official twitter sent this out:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Volkerball posted:

For real. She probably didn't even get paid. I really doubt this chick

In fact, I think she actually had to pay the NFL for the privilege of playing. They consider it advertising.

edit: apparently they backed down from that

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2015/01/30/why-katy-perry-isnt-getting-paid-or-paying-for-super-bowl-halftime-gig/

Azhais fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 16, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Don't go chasing waterfowl

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I didn't know it was already out on Amazon prime

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Febreeze posted:

It's gotten even worse than the books to be honest. The books got drab and slow but they at least had some interesting world building. The show has tried to expel a lot of the unnecessary stuff and has made a bunch of weird decisions yet still suffers from the same feeling that it's just spinning it's wheels.

Also, they're at the edge of totally making poo poo up because GRRM can't get a book out more than once a decade

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

bhsman posted:

GoT has decent acting but the writers seem to have the wrong idea that rape is a good thing to shove into a story to spice things up.

They've cut out like 95% of that tho

Chilichimp posted:

As long as you're active during the football season, brah. :respek:

And we'll know how his marriage is going based on the number of updates!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chichevache posted:

Does no one read the Bible?

Proverbs 13:24
He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Proverbs is full of that stuff. King Soloman was a big fan of whipping nuts.

Prov 19:18: "Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying."

Prov 22:15: "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

Prov 23:13: "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die."

Prov 23:14: "Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell (Shoel)."

Prov 29:15: "The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I've had a full beard since my senior year of high school. Just think of how much I've saved on razors over 22 years!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Your quotes on panel 4 are mismatched :colbert:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chichevache posted:

gently caress chipotle. Get your mexican food from the taco stand on the corner or gtfo.

Not a lot of taco stands in Minnesota

I imagine there are some sort of roadside hotdish places tho

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chichevache posted:

New York Times soliciting advice for how to destroy evidence. :cripes:

I suggested "Start World War 3" as that's about the only way your text messages are going to go away

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Febreeze posted:

All possible angles are allowed if you want to be optimistic that's fine

should post a link to all this in N/V for the non-farthousers

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
KSK needs to do a going away part for Blingee Febreeze

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chilichimp posted:

Is Parm not doin' one? gently caress that guy!!!

Someone tell him his Toxx doesn't apply to uproxx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hockles posted:

I just want it to be known that I picked Rex Grossman in my fantasy football league as my Mr. Irrelevant pick.

for the 2nd year in a row

I did the same thing with Tyrod back in May. Who's laughing now?

• Locked thread