Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

The Management posted:

probably a can-am spyder, (http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/), the most ridiculous thing. all the disadvantages of a motorcycle combined with all of the disadvantages of a car.

for some idiotic loving reason you can use these to take a motorcycle license test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

those tires would probably look cool too if the rest of the vehicle didn't look like trash for someone with a midlife crisis

at least get something that looks kind of cool if you're going the 3-wheel route

http://www.campagnamotors.com/products/t-rex-16s-p/configure-one

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

prefect posted:

i dunno; i like the wheels-closer-together thing. with the wheels far apart, you're taking up as much space as a car

yes but you look like you're driving a wave runner on the road

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
the

computer parts posted:

those were specifically designed to be military pack animals so it's probably completely possible

i just wonder what they run on though

the ground

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

annapacketstormaya posted:

Google is also terrible but other search engines are worse.

I've been trying to rid my life of Google for as much as possible, my last holdout is search.

I swear, every other search engine is babytown frolics

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

computer parts posted:

bing is not absurdly terrible

also baidu is good for :china: stuff although funnily enough it will show you links to stuff that's blocked in china

I mostly use search for images and bing's image search is clownshoes compared to Google's

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
can someone give me a recap on all the ways Eric Schmidt is a terrible person, trying to convince someone

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

i have had a google employee tell me to make a presentation deck that they had hired me to build "more googley"

i hope you put googly eyes in it

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

THC posted:

All these little details result in a really unique design, and its been clear since the original Pixel that Google wanted to create their own device instead of just carbon copying another laptop.

lol at those mongoloid alt and ctrl keys

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

prefect posted:

"I'm amazed by how sensitively people responded to some of the privacy issues,"

Google explains why and how Glass failed

let's play a game called Sociopath or Autist

A. Sociopath
B. Autist
C. Trick question, both

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

prefect posted:

if you type "pac man" into google maps, you can play a game

gently caress google

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Smythe posted:

is that a chromebook? i cant find it on their chromebook thing

here you go

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
haahhahahahhahahahha

google moved the "Images" link for when you search for something to a dropdown item under "More" because that's certainly a thing only edge cases need regularly

what a loving clownshow

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

mine is randomized erry time i load the page

If you loved the way Windows explorer's right click menu rearranged itself all the time have we got a thing for you

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
"take your muscle memory and shove it"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I ordered a bar code scanner from Amazon to test stuff with an app we're developing and got a Samsung Galaxy 5 replacement screen instead :pwn:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

poty posted:

#freecremnob #jesuiscremnob

#permabancremnob

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
http://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/2015/06/02/cost-google-glass-disaster/

There is a man named Astro Teller, and his position is loving Captain of Moonshots.

Nuke the planet, I'm done here

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I personally like when you do a search and it tries to figure out what you want to do (shopping/images/videos/books, etc) and it rearranges the links at the top because gently caress your muscle memory that's why

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Valeyard posted:

actually there is, heres two searches i just did

obviously its picked up on the keyword "pictures" and figured i want the image results closer, and the same thing with the word "buy" prompting the shopping results tos how up closer

even without those keywords it will still be trying to guess what you want and adapt to it, and it obviously can gently caress up

that's not even a bad example, the time it put Images under the More dropdown I thought I was in crazytown

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Smythe posted:

i probed crenny for a week 1nce w/ a apple thread honeypot if u remember ;-O

harsh but fair imo

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

computer parts posted:

they probably have a patent on it don't actively hate their customers

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

does everyone remember how the pretentious leader of Project Ara talked about how they imposed a strict deadline on themselves in order to stay motivated and under pressure? well they just delayed Ara till next year some time haha

looks like http://didgoogleshutdown.com needs updating!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

i have that same lovely buffulu wifi router, what is a good replacement that i can take out of the box and plug in?

i don't want to janitor my router and install poo poo on it thx.

Apple Airport Extreme Base Station

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

anthonypants posted:

lol if you think fishmech would get selected

well I wouldn't want the smartest kid in America second guessing me in court

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
were not gonna honor those treaties

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

cremnob posted:

As big a nerd as I am, and loved that the Nest shook up the thermostat industry

truly an industry ripe for disruption

they should have called it thrm

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
If you get to be in the position of telling ballmer to gently caress off you take it

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Progressive JPEG posted:

Yeah how do you silent an iOS for the night without also silencing your alarm for the following morning

A problem my bf has which we've been solving by adding his alarms on my anroid

the alarm overrides do not disturb, your bf is dumb

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

this is the joke I wanted to make but couldn't find the right way to word it

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
this thing that worked exactly as intended is a bug!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Wheany posted:

"Well, it looks like we pranked ourselves this year."

"aww snap, sorry you were fired because of our fuckup, lol"

*kickflips into ballpit

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Last Chance posted:

Look at this sniveling, nasally bullshit here. Why couldn't they just say "Hey we hosed up the whole thing and we're sorry"? First rule of customer service is you don't give a laundry list of excuses and sort of blame your customers :"huh, if you were using our business or ed apps, this wouldn't have happened, imagine that.... ". Just apologize.

it's a child's excuse by a bunch of manchildren, what did you expect

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

FMguru posted:

lomarf nest has entered the stage where tony fadell is now openly begging to keep his job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wQ7oL9pIIU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ShadowHawk posted:

what exactly was so antagonistic here? Forcing the wireless carriers to pay a higher price and agree to openness rules for the spectrum?

exactly

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Zamujasa posted:

i got a sms from someone using allo because it apparently told them i was using allo too (i was not). instead it just gave me a sms link and told me the message was from "joe".

good thing first names are unique and there is no more than one joe in the universe.

quote:

Hey Joe, where you goin' with that gun of yours?
Hey Joe, I said where you goin' with that gun in your hand, oh
I'm goin' down to shoot my old lady
You know I caught her messin' 'round with another man
I'm goin' down to shoot my old lady
You know I caught her messin' 'round with another man

I was going to change the lyrics but this seemed equally appropriate to a system that just sends the message to every Joe using it.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ufarn posted:

so what's my fridge gonna run on three years from now

electricity I imagine

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

while google's corporate adhd is real bad, comcast suing to make competition more difficult is bullshit

the only side you should be taking in this is a giant loving meteor wiping out civilization

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

EdEddnEddy posted:

Lol, when you have the ability, it isn't too difficult to improve on OEM phone OS'es since unlike say iOS or Windows Phone, each one for Android is custom BS that seems immensely lacking once you have use a good custom Rom (Pure Nexus really is slim on actual changes, but some of the few settings he does add is great little QoL stuff. You don't really need a custom kernel to enjoy the device, but I do personally like to tinker within it a tad. Nexus/Pixel is pretty dang close to optimal Google empty and polished vs something from Samsung/LG (HTC has gotten pretty slim on their theming in recent years however. A HTC10 is a great phone as well with a fantastic camera and headphone AMP)

Though like mentioned above, you should still get a good 4hrs SoT unless you are playing games all the time and just ripping through battery. Check into the battery setting and possibly, maybe download the BetterBatteryStats that might give you a better look at what might be eating your battery so much. Even stock with Facebook and (in my case) 300ish apps, you should only loose about 3-4% an hr standby and still get 4hrs SoT. I have gotten it up to 5~ but the screen is a bit of a battery pig I can't get past without a really dark theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
forgot to post this here

are you ready for KDE on your phone?

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/11/kde-plasma-mobile-linux-smartphone-wars

• Locked thread