Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that's another thing, Felicia has been around Spider-Man more than enough to realize *something* was hosed up over their fight. Why she's all "must kill spider" instead of trying to figure out what was wrong is baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

Not really. You see, Felicia has always loved/lusted after Spider-man but been meh about Peter Parker. In fact, they did break up when Peter explained who he was under the mask.

While their relationship is complex and she does rely on Spider-man (the person) to help her out of jams, she ultimately wants Spider-Man's body in a lustiful manner.
But Felicia is a selfish person. Sure, she does the hero thing and she robs from criminals and those who "can afford it" but she is not above using it as an excuse to enrich herself.

Yet as far as Felicia is concerned, Spider-Man finally got tired of their games. And not only did he web her up instead of their normal sparing/forelplay activity, he called the cops on her. And when she got arrested, all her ill-gotten games over years have been taken from her.

Really Felicia doesn't want to figure out what was wrong with Peter, because that would mean investigating the man beneath the mask and she doesn't care about that. She cares about getting back at the muscular red and blur friend with benefit who decked her and took away all her stuff.

Oh, I understand and agree with Felica doesn't care about Peter. I just take issue that she'd be so hurt by Spock's betrayal that she'd go into full on destroy mode. Black Cat never really struck me as the clingy type, if Spider-Man had actually rejected her, I'd have thought she'd just move on.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress did I just read? I knew I shouldn't have picked this up, but I wanted to see what the OS tie in was going to be. What. The. gently caress?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Having had a night to sleep on it, this is, once again, Slott having solid idea with poo poo execution.

I really find that the idea of a Spider-Person with extensive control over their natural webbing a cool concept.

I don't trust Slott to explore this and the hamhanded LET US BONE scene at the end. Ugh.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Wanderer posted:

It's also not unheard-of for it to show up as a Caucasian person's surname, so who even knows. Do we have word from Slott on this?

You don't notice it at first until about halfway through when Ramos goes and gives WWII era chingchong slant eyes. Asian, ninja and named SILK! :haw:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Barf. Well, as long as Slott isn't writing it, maybe it'll be good but I'm not holding out hope.

Edit: since BSS is bizzaro comic forum, what do the wilds of the internet say about spider-Gwen?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

Pretty sure "wilds" meant the rest of the internet, not here.

Yes, I can read the posts in this thread to figure out what BSS thinks, it was the rest of the internet that I was curious about because there's no way I'm reading another comics forum.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

JoylessJester posted:

Uh... why did Spider-Uk call everyone mum?

He called himself Spider-UK, I can only assume he's functionally retarded and that's why he was blown off.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hiddenriverninja posted:

I just want Silk to be a good character, but Slott just keeps on slapping these tropes on her. Ninja mask, sexy Asian lady rolling around the bed with a "natural" instinct to gently caress our white hero... it's like a creepy white guy's wet dream of what an Asian woman is.

fake edit: I googled Dan Slott and that is exactly what I expected the creator of Silk to look like.

Also, Cindy or Cynthia means moon, so we actually have a character named moon moon. like the wolf meme. what the hell.

I bet her middle name is Luna.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Castomira posted:

I wonder, would people hate the Inheritors as much if they were, say, Dr. Strange or Elsa Bloodstone antagonists? I don't really see any criticism of them as characters that doesn't pretty much boil down to "the Inheritors belong in a Vampire: The Masquerade supplement."

As someone who legit loves V:tM and V:tR, no. The Inheritors are some ST's pet NPCs who are SO COOL and SO POWERFUL and totally untouchable by the PCs.

The Penelope Parker story was adorable, so I'm waiting for Slott to violently murder her in graphic detail. Ms. Kraven's outfit had me literally lol.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Windows 98 posted:

Also, just for a little context, I have two copies of this issue as well.

I plan on framing both the front and reverse side of the actual comics and putting them next to / below the lithograph. I don't particularly have a passion for this issue or anything. It was just the cheapest lithograph that was of a decent size and Spider-Man I could find at the end of the last day at Comic Con. I also just happened to own a copy of the issue already. And without even checking I went out and found another copy at my local comic store. Bought it. Went to go put it in my box of Spider-Man issues, and realized I already had it. Decided it would be a good opportunity to really have all of it framed and look like a really nice wall piece collection. Either way they look cool. I haven't even had time to read the loving issue. Ha.

I am still pissed that all my McFarlane Amazing Spider-Mans were stolen out of my locker in high school.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I was surprised how much I enjoyed Slott's stories in Spiderverse. It was almost like having the old Dan Slott back.

Spider-Punk was great, as everyone has said. Mexican Spider-Man was meh and I hated that costume. Oddly enough, it looked great on his father when it was just a mask and tights. Adding the shirt to it made it way too busy.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Please make it Ben who dies, Kaine is too awesome and then we'll never see Aracely again.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

Actually, it's about ethics in webslinging.

Photojournalism.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

net cafe scandal posted:

Who is everyones favorite alt universe Spider-Man? Mine is SP//Dr.

Tie between Spider-Punk and Spider-Gwen.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

For some reason the idea of being promoted through incompetence sits ill at ease with me.

But it's the American way?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

NutritiousSnack posted:

What the hell is the reading order of Spider Man Verse thingie?

Read the Spider-Verse team up comic, Scarlet Spiders, and Spider-Man 2099. Skip everythign else, especially Amazing.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
You lose nothing by not reading the main series except bad comics.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

His Silver Surfer is a huge Doctor Who rip off. I actually liked it at first but it got so old so fast. Especially since he has the Surfer constantly losing the silver, to make it even more obvious.

Haha, really?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I mean, Surfer has been desilvered before, I liked the set up they had in Thor when the preacher character became herald to Galactus and Norrin stayed in Broxton to work at the diner. But, the way it was said upthread made it sound like he'd been desilvered and resilvered multiple times in Slott's series.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Spider-Gwen is a comic nerd, gimmie my no-prize

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Rhymenoserous posted:

You guys sure are mad about a throwaway line.

Do you not remember the goon outrage of the use of doge in Ms marvel?

EDIT: Yes, everyone does because there is a whole nother page.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dreqqus posted:

Silk was pretty good. I also enjoyed ASM 16.1. Nothing groundbreaking, but a nice little start to a down to Earth Spider-man story.

Yes, this was a good week for Spidey-Fans. I cannot believe how much I enjoy Silk. It was a good companion book to Squirrel Girl, too.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Did anyone like Hawkeye that much before the Fraction/Aja book?

I was trying to remember that as well, I want to say no.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So you haven't read Gwen being awesome in Spiderverse along with all the other fun spider-people? Seriously, this is a good event.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'd be a lot more excited over Spidey, Inc. If it weren't Slott writing it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
No, the red, white, and blue make him look like Captain Spimerica. Even if the spider symbol were black, I don't think that venom style spider works with the costume webbing pattern.

That said, if it follows the example of literally any other Spider-Man game, we will have a couple dozen alt costumes.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Wanderer posted:

Yeah, the one sour note for me is MJ's outfit. She looks like the '60s mod version of Spider-Woman. Like, if Silver Age Kathy Kane had designed it, it would be that.

That's why I love it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm holding out hope, because nothing gets me quite like blue collar villains going straight. RIP Constrictor.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
You obviously didn't read solo.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I forgot his screen name, but he posts(ed) here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
avatar change, that's why I didn't remember

• Locked thread