Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Does this have a drunken puke style like Wushu had or any similar hilarity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ah well. But does it knock them down?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

This was on KOS site but here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XrvRdG_UHM

this is the series that this game is based off of

There's only two episodes on that account, videos of other episodes are untranslated. :(

Also, what's the best version of Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Zipline posted:

This statue in Nanjing brought back some fond memories.
''

What was the thing that looked like this?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Can anyone remember if Dongfang Bubai was in Wushu and part of the Dongfang Family? Only one I can remember is Dongfang Shiting.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I can't imagine playing Chinagame specifically for the PvE.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That one manor with the guestroom was pretty cool, too bad there weren't any other dungeons besides it and the seaside town until the dungeon in the Tangmen area.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Assassinations owned and more MMOs should use that in dungeons. I even got a temporary title once for being the previous week's top assassin.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If someone had a private server with just the first internal I'd play. Also working guild halls, gently caress Snail USA for leaving most of the buildings broken for months.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

blade and soul is a horrible game where you are in a wuxia movie

I'd say it's a mediocre game with a few bad leveling zones halfway through. I like the PvP combat though.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I miss Wushu too but it's time to let go. There will never be another MMO as strange and obtuse.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

angerbeet posted:

Yeah, I got that sweet guard outift by stnading next to NPCs in Evil Men's Valley and abusing the cash-shop horse whistle and an autoclicker to buy thousands of throwing darts. Easier and more effective radish gain than by making tofu.

Eventually you got a weird daily quest that paid something like 20 wen for beating up a regular-strength NPC. My character still (probably) has all kinds of trash on it that is very clearly for friendship missions which were impossible to complete, or just not in the game yet. We did eventually find out what you were meant to do with that locket or whatever (which even said which NPC to give it to) but it wasn't actually implemented until near the end of the time I stopped playing, and of course it just led to another wild goose chase.

:allears:Chinagame:allears:

I remember grinding tofu next to some random guy there was a rumor about. Never maxed out my friendship with him because it drained too fast.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tentatively hype, waiting for drunk stick confirmation.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

There's a good chance this'll just be the AoW equivalent of Guild Wars 2, a MMO that filled an interesting niche getting a generic follow-up.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

What are the chances they've learned from their mistakes and don't gently caress it up again?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Alexander DeLarge posted:

To be fair, they did say it was a sandbox MMO so it'll at least be less generic than Guild Wars 2.

They're also going to be unveiling another sandbox game called Savage Horizon that's been in development since 2011 (announced in 2004 I guess)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX2mYy-qgQs

A very dark 240p video where you can barely see highlights like archeage-esque glider, air balloon, large map and spells that look only slightly better than Pathfinder Online...

Chinagame!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Please the follow the Smash Mouth to the guest room.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We should have a kung-fu movie night sometime. Like we used to.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Just hearing the music on the page makes me miss the old game. How is it possible to be nostalgic for the broken mess that was Wushu?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

:shepspends:

If even half of the VP's Molyneux-esque statements actually happen, it might be a good game for pissing people off.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Boogaleeboo posted:

I will never loving get the appeal of mobas.

I know, and they've got so many inherent problems other games don't have. It's the same map over and over and once you're in, you're committed to the entire match unless you're willing to have it marked against you and performance is heavily influenced by whether a player disconnects.

Anoia posted:

Their popularity is on the decline, too. Everybody who tried to cash in is crashing and burning on release now. If it's not DOTA or LOL nobody cares.

But then Battleborn was just bad on every level.

Anyone with a basic sense of business could tell the market had a horribly low saturation point. DOTA 2 only survived because it managed to pull fans of the original Warcraft 3 map away from LOL. Smite gets by because it's just different enough to draw in people who want something different in a MOBA.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I finished thunderbolt fantasy

you should finish it

On episode 6 right now. Can confirm, it's good.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427030/ Has anyone actually played this? I was thinking of buying it and Jade Empire during the Steam sale for a quick Wuxia fix.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Got a Subway giftcard for Christmas but I'm spending it on a sandwich and not some MMO.

randombattle posted:

ToW is like a choose your own adventure + strategy rpg. It's pretty neat I think.

If anyone cares, there's a CYOA running in TradGames using the tabletop version for game mechanics. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736008

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

eonwe posted:

that actually looks pretty fun

It reminds me of the PvP fights in Blade and Soul, which could be fun except against summoners, commonly agreed to be the overpowered bullshit class at the time I played (and everyone started playing them because of that).

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Who's getting the wool this time?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Another game for them to mismanage

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

e: wrong thread.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Haquer posted:

the glut of survival games lately has been poo poo

also locking away a character was one of the dumbest things (even though we abused the poo poo out of it since it existed, it was still hella dumb :shrug:)

Entertaining prisoners with games of Weiqi was fun.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mile'ionaha posted:

*Carefully collects filthy goonsweat in bottles*

Not if WV has anything to say about it.

I liked supporting base fights with AoE poison clouds that would stun anyone who tried to escape before they dissipated.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I know I'd rather wait for the english release, let the brave/crazy goons figure out the mechanics in beta.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Digital Decay posted:

Guess it really is a thing.

Glad I'm not the only one here making bad decisions. Just got my first weapon from that event.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

For a lot of players, aow broke mmos for them.

Either the combat/animations were too good in aow and poo poo in other games or there will never be a game as janky and full of weird poo poo that isn't a horrible space game

There will never be another MMO as satisfyingly incomprehensible as Wushu.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nothing beats pre-fix Wushu flying in terms of sheer fun. Sure, games with actual flying mounts have more effective movement but they aren't as fun as running up a wall then dash canceling all the way to the school exit.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You talking about how the instanced fights for the main story are inaccessible thanks to the heavy load from all the players trying to do them at once? That was a huge fuckup on SE's part, especially since it's right near the start of the main quest.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm hearing it's fixed now, though I don't really have the time to get on and play until tomorrow. Still, kind of funny hearing people were able to grind to 70 in PvP while they waited on a level 60 quest.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The far east aesthetics in the Final Fantasy 14 expansion are making me miss being able to triple jump and run up walls.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Never forget.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ugh its Troika posted:

Does anyone have a link to the post chronicling the time that we planted a shitload of wheat or corn or something across the road, then hid in the cornfield and murdered everyone who came by?

It was lemons.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Goons made it good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So what's everyone playing these days? Just finished trying out Star Wars: TOR, it's better than the average MMO, which isn't saying much. Probably going to get back into Final Fantasy 14 for the Christmas bear event; maybe float between it and D&D Online as my current MMO again like I did this year.

angerbeet posted:

Hello wushu goons

Hi angerbeet.