Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The funny thing is, that'd be the case with literally any draft class. The extra time just means you now actually have time to REALLY examine these prospects and not just salivate over the 2 minute highlight reel your scouts showed you and a pre-draft visit where you made him practice in shorts.

If the draft was moved to June, every team would refuse to draft with their 1st round pick. Just an entire night of nobody leaving their table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Glennon has NFL ability despite being below replacement level so I expect the actual issue to be what Tampa hopes to get in return for him, and not finding a suitor. They're not going to get back what they spent. But a 4th or 5th wouldn't be a bad return, and there are some teams that could use competition at the position that would spend that. Jacksonville, Tennessee, to name a couple.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I would say that a 6.2 YPA, sub-60 COMP% and 83 QB rating is about as slightly below average as a QB can be. I still say he has NFL talent, but I don't think he's got a lot of it in his head.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I mean I'm just saying that Jake Locker, whom everyone agrees is bad, had a higher YPA, COMP% and rating. Even Fitzpatrick had a higher YPA and COMP%.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I think it's because the small sample size makes you want to be more forgiving than I am. I look at his skinny body and 1st/2nd half splits and see that his completion percentage drops from 65 to 53, and his YPA drops from 7.2 to 5.2, which reads as fatigue/conditioning issues to me. I don't think you can be an NFL starter and require a closer to come in.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 3, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I feel like for competition it wouldn't kill Tennessee to kick the tires on Glennon because Locker is always going to be an injury risk, and they declined Jake's 2015 option. And some teams that draft a QB early could take Glennon with a 3rd day pick because it never hurts to have a young talented QB tandem, the same way Washington drafted RG3 and Cousins. You never know if that guy's gonna have to come in and start 8 games. That could easily happen in Tennessee. Whoever drafts Manziel should certainly have some sort of backup plan if Manziel gets hurt running.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ehud posted:

I will feel lost once Brady and the Mannings are all retired.
Whoever the Cowboys choose to replace Romo in a couple of years will be the new hate hotness

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

How is this possible

quote:

An NFL executive told ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim that Kirk Cousins "at most" is worth a third-round pick.

Maybe a 5th

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Guys Arena Football is on ESPN2 and it's the LA Kiss, you NEED to see these unis in real action

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

EVEN THE NUMBERS ON THE SHOULDERS HAVE FLAMES IN THEM

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Geez Samie Parker is on the LA Kiss. Samie Parker still loving plays football. Dude couldn't even catch footballs when Trent Green was funslinging to him.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jarrett Brown apparently is a QB for Spokane, I remember him being mediocre at West Virginia but getting a lot of interest from scouts prior to the draft.

He went undrafted

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gerund posted:

So KISS mask in the crowd gets to keep that ball, right?
They only have one ball, he has to give it back or the game's cancelled

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

What the gently caress they have cage dancers at a football game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gerund posted:

LIVE dancing girls in cages hanging from the rafters.

This is a level above irony.
I think this is literally a level in the videogame Revolution X

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That lovely AFL QB just got Sam Bradforded.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gene Simmons looks like he's in witness protection here

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ESPN2 your home for learning about Gene Simmons' prostate issues

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Family Entertainment, says Gene Simmons

The uniforms

The field

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 5, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That was some Dante Hall poo poo on that return. Maybe that was Dante Hall, maybe he's still playing football.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Haha Samie Parker dropping passes from Trent Green, now dropping passes in the Arena League

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Oh no arena football also has the going to the ground rule. That's terrible.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

we now go live to Jeff Triplette reviewing the Peyton Manning touchdown..

"MY CALL WAS RIGHT!!! MY CALL WAS RIGHT!! I'M NOT REVIEWING THIS poo poo"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Paul Stanley looks like a loving golem

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I can't really tell if this is a blowout or not because teams can score 40 points in 5 minutes

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Forcing a team to get positive yards for the clock to run in the final 2 minutes is brilliant, how do I get on a radio station and demand it so that Goodell panics and makes that a new rule

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The AFL is probably fun to go to, and maybe fun when the two teams are both just slinging it around. That game was mostly a one-way marathon.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Why are you spergs talking about the afl for pages in an nfl draft thread
It was loving surreal as poo poo, I'll have lasting images in my mind forever from that game. Whether it was the touchdown followed by cage dancing, or the players huddling up as a flame-painted Fiat drives around them, or Gene Simmons shouting incomprehensible nonsense at a replay like Paul McGuire from ESPN Sunday Night Football.

Season 2 of True Detective's going in a weird direction

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Roto:

quote:

Extending Alex Smith could cost as much as $14-$17 million annually.

Your future Dalton contract, Bengals fans

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Wow, so no one's talking about the rumor of Bradford to Minnesota huh.

quote:

Appearing on CBS Sports' 920 The Morning After show Monday, Jason La Canfora stated "people in the league" believe the Rams and Vikings have discussed a Sam Bradford trade.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

And of course this trade, if it does happen, would go down on draft day, because it hinges on the Rams drafting a quarterback first.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah the Rams are possibly the worst place for a new QB to be drafted into if you're talking long term projectability. Chances of him developing, chances of him succeeding, both perilously low with their talent level and coaching staff.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

On the other hand they signed Perrish Cox

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I do associate Colin Kaepernick with turnovers, yes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Also Russell's wife sure has a type, huh?
People who like donuts?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Burger Trench posted:

Eh, I don't think race has all that much to do with Teddy's draft stock. There's maybe still an embarrassing tendency for some pundits to assume a prospective black quarterback will be a good scrambler, but not nearly to the extent this forum tends to portray it. None of the knocks on Teddy had anything to do with his character (see: fake smile).
A couple of months ago there were anonymous scouts saying that Teddy lacked intangibles and was not a high character guy so it depends on where it comes from, I guess.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

How many picks until Let the Bodies Hit the Floor

Dexo posted:

Goddamn If I was a 4-5th round pick I would totally show up and just play the most braggadocio poo poo you have ever heard.
I don't think they have a whole lot of people come onstage on the third day, it's pretty rare to have any player actually in the building at that point.

Sometimes they're live remotely, like when Quan Cosby had Bill Cosby with him for

some

reason

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Coldforge posted:

Same height/weight as Carr, nothing negative said about him.
Now that's not true at all. Even in NFL.com's Combine profile, the very first negative things said about Carr are "Lacks ideal height and has relatively small hands. Bulk is just adequate. Could stand to improve as a deep passer." which are all true of Bridgewater as well. Carr's strength is entirely in his rocket arm, but it's also considered a weakness because he operated out of a screen-heavy offense so his stats are very inflated.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

All football players are narcissists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rasczak posted:

Hell I'm a narcissist and I'm not even a football player
Now imagine you've been told all your life that you're the best football player on your block, in your town, in your high school, in your county, in your state, in your college, all the way up to the pros.

The amount of football players that aren't egotistical could probably fit on a single index card. Even punters can't fight for human equality without being narcissistic little shits that bring it back to themselves and their personal brand.

That's why I didn't give much stock to the "Johnny Manziel is a troublemaker" criticism over the 2013 season. Whatever every kid fuckin parties in college and gets drunk. Who cares.

• Locked thread