Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Caroline Kennedy should totally sue for BO1 using a likeness of her dad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

1stGear posted:

They got Oliver North to shill for a game where the principle villain is a Nicaraguan who's family was killed by the Contras.
I knew irony was dead when they gave Kissinger the Nobel Peace Prize, but here I think they dug it back up and buggered the corpse.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Yeah, when I heard about that I just blinked a couple of times and went on with my day. Otherwise I'd end up in a rubber room.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Killzone did cloaking right (at least KZ2). If you activated it, you would remain invisible if you moved slowly. If you ran the camo would kind of stutter, and it dropped completely once you fired your weapon and went on cooldown which lasted a few seconds. You could still spot a fully-cloaked sniper if you knew what to look for. That would work since most pubbies are actually terrible shots and would spend more time out of cloak than in it.

It would also make hushing goddamn hilarious.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

JackGeneric posted:

Conderhaar just confirmed that C4 is not in multiplayer.
Preorder cancelled. (just kidding, I haven't preordered)

Who's getting this on the 4? I was honestly going to skip it but if enough goons are playing in order to make me not have to group with pubbies 99% of the time I might pick it up. I know some of the xbros have crossed over to the darkside on next gen.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I dunno, I myself see the fun rating as increasing exponentially with BAC.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I was rather proud of mine. Got rid of that weird different-colored part of the shadow in a later edit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Shnakepup posted:

Y'all can cross me off, I went PS4. Is there a clan/crew/whatever for that yet or...
There was/is a PS clan but at the height of clan wars we had maybe 6 people active out of 50 or so members. I spent many weekends capturing NODES all by myself. I could start up a new one, since even though I stopped playing Ghosts after a couple of months I keep reading the thread because you assholes amuse me.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Amazon has what it calls the "Day Zero" edition, that will arrive at your house on the 3rd so you have an entire day to poopsock before official relase: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_i=6427814011 .

I fuckin' ordered it :shepicide:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

GameStop is doing the same thing.

I also preordered it. Also went through the sheet and added everyone on PS4. Only Person I couldn't add was Wizard Master. Add me for PS4 action: BostonZombie(I will miss you xbox buds)
You won't be missing too many, seems a lot made the jump to PS4. Now instead of being a terrible CoD player with no one to play with I will just be terrible :woop:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Maneki Neko posted:

Fool, you can start poopsocking now with MTN DEW and DORITOS:
Even I have too much self respect for that poo poo.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Gordon Shumway posted:

A notice about "Day Zero" popped up when I started playing BLOPS 2 yesterday that suggested it will be Double XP as well.
Yeah it's 2xp all day on the 3rd. I have a jerb so I won't be on until evening, but can play a couple hours that night.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

So where would be a good place to pick up PS plus ? I want to make sure I'm shootymans ready.

Also my phone auto corrects shooter to shootymans.
I'd check major retailers (GameStop, Walmart, Target, etc) and see if any of them are having a sale on 1yr cards. You can also buy it directly from the PSN store if you're not worried about getting a deal right now. There are almost always sales on sub cards around xmas, I got a year for like 20 bucks plus bonus time so my sub doesn't run out until May 2015.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

PC Call of Duty is better than console Call of Duty in every way.

On the other hand, no one plays PC Call of Duty.
That's not a very high bar to clear.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Kneepads :raise:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

The Merry Marauder posted:

One list, but many scorestreaks have a "Support" optional module, which increases the cost, but doesn't reset when you die.
I almost always ran support in MW3 because I suck and chose the really low-level ones so I could vomit vests and UAVs everywhere.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I couldn't figure out why this thread is getting so many posts and then I realized game comes out next week. :staredog:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

hammeritme posted:

It's been so long since I've been in a CoD thread, I feel disoriented. Are PS4 players the master race finally?
No, but we've been moved up from leper status!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Javes posted:

I have both consoles and I'm getting the game on the Xbone, please tell me how dumb I am.
son u dumb

Get it on disc, if the game isn't rear end and nobody is playing on Bone you can trade it towards a PS4 copy.

Wazzit posted:

I can confirm half of that chart through self studies.

This graph is bullshit because Ghosts' fun plot point isn't crashing into the post below it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Who else is playing Day one on PS4 ? I want to hate myself as soon as possible.

Also I just realized Binding of Issac rebirth and this come out same week.
I will be, but after work. We're already friends so I'll look for a goon group when I can play.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Can't it be both?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I got notification my game shipped. Maybe they'll gently caress up and deliver it tomorrow.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

BabelFish posted:

I'll only accept if the scepter is a Mountain Dew can duct-taped to a broom handle toilet plunger.
You're gonna need it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

GameStop left me a message and this is what I got with the transcript.
Poor Amber has the shittiest job :(

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Unlucky7 posted:

Serious question: I have got every post MW CoD on consoles, but this year I upgraded my video card to a GTX 970. If I were to get it, should be get it on PC, or PS4. Control scheme does not matter to me (of course I like KB-M better because I am not a loving idiot, but I don't mind playing on a controller either)
Why are people still asking this poo poo?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
My physical copy is out for delivery. I skimmed the last few pages, so this iteration seems...decent?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Maybe Stu should make a new game thread for consoles so we don't have to read poo poo about mouse acceleration and can read about important things like what we're drinking and speedtest posts.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Scatterfold posted:

zoom zoom i'm on a rooftop. blam blam i shot a teenager. waagh waagh lol hooray for deathmics
This should be the next thread title.

Had fun last night although there were a couple of matches with terrible lag. Like, slideshow terrible. I'd be shooting someone, the screen would freeze, then they would be behind me and I'd be dead. A couple of games everyone had 1 bar. Otherwise it's pretty entertaining.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Can someone please explain why party chat is the default on PSN

because I really miss ragemics
Yeah, let's skip party chatting from here on out. I want to hear the anguished screams of children.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I still want to drop a care package on some chump for big laughs.
I died to one last night. Laughed my rear end off.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Hey Macys I got your invite but I just played a couple of matches on my lunch break so I didn't join you. I'll be on later after work.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Christoff posted:

Also very important do the perks for this game allow us to play a game of hush and piss off tryhards?
A few of the maps have grass/bushes/greenery to hide in, blind eye and coldblooded, and an exo ability that is a full-on cloak. So maybe.

We were playing Uplink last night on that map- Green something or other? And the other team kept throwing the ball off the map. So this is a valid strategy, just get ahead and then chuck the ball off the side of a skyscraper.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Republicans posted:

The overall extra mobility I think makes shotguns better than they've ever been.
Except that 2nd shotgun, it's hot loving garbage even at point-blank range.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I enjoyed lunch crew games.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Me and fateo are online for some hardcore domination on ps4. PSN name is Alcapwn89 get on plebs
I'll be on in an hour after work, poopstains.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Knifegrab posted:

Wow awesome, still can't play this lovely game. How is a game less stable than it was on launch day? How is this game as lovely as it is? Will gamers continue to buy COD on PC?!
We told you not to buy this poo poo on PC, but did you listen to us? No! You deserve everything you get :colbert:

(When everyone on console stops playing it in a few months because it's hosed/been nerfed to hell we'll deserve what we get, too)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

dreffen posted:

Consoles are running into the same connectivity problems aren't they?

So shouldn't it be "Don't buy this game anywhere"?
I think Mascot was the only one with connection problems and he's on the Bone. Haven't seen anything of note on PS4.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Where are PS4 peeps? I'm sporting my new I HEART GAY MARRIAGE emblem.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So there's no transferring of data between 360 and Xbone is there? I'd rather not have to get back up to level 40 if i can help it :(
Ghosts did this since your info is stored serverside, not playerside. You could also switch back and forth between consoles and everything would transfer fine. I don't see why they would take this out since they're trying to get people to upgrade to next gen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Oh thank god, I just got an email telling me how to boost my multiplayer performance.

So now I will start using: guns, scorestreaks, and exo abilities.

Thanks, Activision! I would never have considered using those things on my own!

• Locked thread