Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

sweeperbravo posted:

Would be more believable if he had just eaten the girl's meal

The actual reason she was crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Mameluke posted:

He's from Boston, any trip would involve driving like a total rear end in a top hat.

Seems legit to me; I was stuck in that on Saturday and was wondering if it was protesters again.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Noyemi K posted:

I hate, and I mean I loving hate, that stupid goddamn bear meme and if my fist could punch it without damaging my monitor, I would.

Downgrade to a flat CRT.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I'm sure most of these had some basis in fact, but ginned up to be more outrageous:
http://qz.com/322045/im-a-blonde-woman-engineering-student-at-mit-heres-what-people-say-to-me/
The author, apparently: http://i.imgur.com/OG2UamM.jpg

I wish she had the balls to say she was hot, and not "a blonde woman." Like anyone gives a gently caress you're blonde. The "engineering student" humblebrag is also galling, as though being hot and majoring in Writing at MIT is somehow more ok.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

My friend uncontrollably laughs sometimes, which is probably more unnerving.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Khazar-khum posted:

This one is plausible.

I thought XXX superfemales were entirely phenotypically normal? Like the cell just makes more Barr bodies with the extra X chromosomes? If that's the case, the teacher would never bother to do any search.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

No, obviously they grow an extra boob. 'X's are for boobs.

When I was little, I thought X meant a person standing with outstretched arms for a hug, and O meant the shape your lips make for a kiss. I still can't get over that it's reversed.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

"Dating is hell. Granted, it can be hell for anyone, but I'm a hair away from giving it up entirely. I've already sworn off internet dating because too many men have gotten angry when I have declined to date them. One guy messaged me while I was at work, then cursed me out for not responding quickly enough."

If you are below a 8.5 on the objective hotness scale, men will simply not do this to you. Fact.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

How come it's cf but b/c? That's what bothers me about that post.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

1redflag posted:

More poo poo Made Up by Jezebel's Readers: Customer Service Revenge Fantasy Edition

These are all so hilariously bad and many are outright crimes (or at least would subject one to civil liability).

VVVV I'm assuming you mean both as a customer and an employee, correct?

With the first story, the detail that bothers me the most is the girl doesn't know what a butcher knife is and says that her mom stabs it into her chopping block.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

Actually tapes are making a comeback in the DIY scene as a way to have an easy physical copy. And I think for the nostalgia factor a bit

Mods, please bring back zines.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Nostradingus posted:

Men also don't use smilies or the word "bae."

If they did, they probably wouldn't do a dot nose.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Do kids cuff their sleeves like that?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

She sounds p cool.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Foreword: I love the did it / didn't it; could have happened / didn't happen discussions. Why even be in this thread if you're not gonna enjoy people analyzing every story to death?

Crow Jane posted:

I'm pretty sure rapists can have sisters as well as victims. Not sure why him having a sibling=innocence.

It's specifically his sister getting told her brother is a rapist. Presumably he isn't and she knows he isn't, so it's a blown bluff.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

MGTen posted:

That still doesn't track. I don't imagine rapists discuss their rapes with siblings or family members, so "ha, I'm his sister and so I know he's not a rapist" is a pretty dumb defense.

Obviously, there's a whole spectrum of how rapey someone can be, but if someone is telling that your brother is a repeat offender who's getting caught enough to have a reputation, I feel like you'd have enough info to make a call against it. But who knows, maybe sexual assaulters are really good at hiding that aspect from their close relatives.

EmmyOk posted:

but otoh you have people trying to pick tiny mundane things as some an unbelievable aspect.
I still like seeing people try so hard to jump on the dumbest stuff, because not everyone in this thread can be above average , can they?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

My SAT score was higher than the average of a big sample of the SAT population around me, aka >1000 (or is it 1500 now?).
Also every philosophical tangle brought up on xkcd or SMBC.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

10/10 cuck twist would repost on tumblr.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

"hmmm, so does this urban guy know that Xzibit hosted that show or not?"

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Shayu posted:

Scottish sir name?

Why yesh it izh.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Lowly posted:

This is what a dancer's feet look like (spoilered because it's gross):

I thought that bandaid was a flap of skin at first :barf:, so thank God for small mercies, I guess.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

If only after the video cuts, everyone clapped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmI-hGthrwA

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

ibntumart posted:

This is just some kind of joke you're all adding poo poo to, right? I refuse to believe in a cuber subculture.

It's mostly around the techniques and the gear. There's increasingly more sophisticated moves to solve the cube from more complex stated. And of course there's a ton of options for building a "speed cubing" cube.
When that guy said Gans, I'm sure it's some prescribed build of a cube.

I was taught how to do it in high school by this really gung ho guy who spoke of getting into the zone and being in a "cubing high." I'll bet that's still part of the culture.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Paladinus posted:

How are we to know that he's not taking the shoes? Racism is not over, sorry.

Not that it says anything, but the kid barely has a grip on the shoes yet; he'd need another hand under or to adjust his hand to hold both. He's either posing, hasn't fully received the shoes, or has carefully let the other guy grab them but still kept a minimal grip on one.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

jodai posted:

Well, there was an ambulance so they fixed his broken hand right away.

No no, the ambulance was for the stickup guy that he completely devastated.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Oedipus Paulun.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

They've weaponized the stdh and turned it against us. Nooooooo

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Rick_Hunter posted:

2 pages ago, Captain.

...FOR THE HORDE

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Lol, this is really good. It could be real, just with the wrong conclusion reached.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

Ah, needlessly British terms in an American's story, where would tumblr be without you?

What gave away that it was an American?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

cash crab posted:

It made me think, even if one of your deceased relatives, who was very ill, left you personal notebooks, why the gently caress would you put them online?

Ignorning that lolful made up script and language, if there were parts of the notes that were in some genuine unusual script, that looked RTL like Hebrew or Arabic, I could see sending out snippets to see if anyone online recognized it.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

artsy fartsy posted:

And anyway, I think you're supposed to clutch pearls, not clasp them.
That's what makes the claspers the worst.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I keep reading CMOA as Cover My Own rear end.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I, too, know the word Hikkikomori but misuse it.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

how the gently caress do you know this

Really, it's the ultimate goon :thurman:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

BgRdMchne posted:

Remind me how to do that problem.

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/CoinProblem.html

"There is no closed-form solution for n=3, although a semi-explicit solution is known which allows values to be computed quickly."
"No closed-form solution is known for n>4."

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

However for simply doing what BgRdMchne was saying you just need the formula Wolfram has listed, there is a solution: N = Sigma(Ai Xi) starting with i=1 to i=n with the values Ai representing the values of the coins.

Depends on what he meant by "how to do that problem." If problem = coin problem, sure, you just iterate over a pretty small space until you find a match or exhaust your space.
If problem = how to find a solution for any N, you can either do the above slowly or use the formula if n=2.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

In middle school, I used to randomly hit my friend in the nuts with the sharper end of my violin case when we were all hanging out before homeroom. It was, uhhh, really weird, and I don't have any excuses for it besides that I thought it was funny.
When I asked him about it later in high school, he said he usually faked the pain because I didn't hit him that hard but he didn't know how else to deal with the situation.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I'm glad that Nice Hat has its Own Page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

moosecow333 posted:

What the hell does "a team of gangsta ushers" even mean? Is the writer calling them that instead of black? Would seem to be on par with the causal racism they put into these stories.

I think they just wanted to note that the ushers were cool and not afraid.

• Locked thread