Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

LOL, video games journalism

Just tell me whether the new Super Mario game is good or not, you loving clowns

Truer words were never spoken.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My dumb Facebook friends were like "bravo!" "haha the police are soooo stupid"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sir, I'm sorry to have to tell you that your baby daughter was run over by a steamroller. However, there is a silver lining in this, in that I can't think of a better time to make a sad bear meme.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like the idea that a carjacker is willing to lose $100 for something he could easily do 100 other ways for free. If you're gonna be that brazen why not just yank them out of their car?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does this guy not realize iMacs play games perfectly fine?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

It's even worse than the console wars back in the day.

Then:
"WELL WE HAVE MARIO!"

"gently caress YOU, SONIC IS COOLER!"

Now:
"I CAN PLAY SKYRIM WITHOUT TYING UP THE COMPUTER, NERD!"

"YEAH BUT DOES YOUR CONSOLE VERSION ALLOW FOR JIGGLY TITS MODS? I THINK NOT, FAG"

Except back then 8 year olds argued about this stuff and now it's adults.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My iMac had zero problems running any modern game I played on it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

Huh, I was under the impression that the iMac was their garbage budget desktop line. They sure were a decade ago.

I don't think Apple has budget anything. They start at $1300 and go up to about $2000 at least when I was shopping for one. The really pricey desktops that use a tower are the type of thing I would think someone would only need if they were doing production work or something.

Every game I played looked great on my mid tier iMac. Obvs not the best or most economical choice if you are just getting something to play games on though and you have to run boot camp to play Windows games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

WHAT THE gently caress KIND OF FACE IS HE MAKING

Have you seen the faces teenagers make in mirror selfies? I can't identify what any of them are supposed to convey other than calculated.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Image macros are terrible but that penguin one is some next level garbage. The source picture isn't even humorous and since my only context is this thread I can only assume it's just an outlet for the lamest humble brag possible.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Didn't something awful start the whole impact font on a picture thing?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I said horse doovers once and got thoroughly laughed at by everyone in the room.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I always tell women they are loose like a blown out 18 wheeler tire so no one thinks I'm a creeper.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Realtalk grinding your own coffee tastes better and is more economical because it takes like a month for whole bean to go bad, so you can just5 buy those those huge bags once a month.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The thing that I hate the most about these is that there is always some completely absurd time frame thing in every story. Like, at some point in every one of these stories the world comes to screeching halt so the writer can sit down and have a 15 minute conversation with someone so they can get enraged.

Mr E posted:

And then the wheelchair man stood and clapped.

:master:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The commenters on efuckt got me through some hard times while my baby was in the hospital.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I've seen teachers do much worse than that in class.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

She got the scars from running into poo poo while wearing those dumb goggles.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Michacl

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

At least we know he's going to Hell where he belongs.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

And then I unknowingly married my sister.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As a straight white dude I don't appreciate lesbians appropriating our sacred flannel. It's our equivalent of feathered head dresses.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Spoken like a true sheeple.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I enjoy the overly descriptive writing, mixed with first grade writing skills that STDH stories generally have. We get stuff like "he hissed smugly" followed up with "the last time I heard she leaved him" in the same story.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone else ever tempted to write some made up story on the internet somewhere just to see if it makes it back to this thread eventually?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I do believe the part about him wearing a duster and leather hat everywhere.

I also like that he doesn't seem to be aware of the existence of pleather.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Postal Parcel posted:

I apologize preemptively for the interminable story told through tweets
http://imgur.com/gallery/cuz1q

This seems pretty plausible tbh. I've screwed with con artists before, they are usually morons.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Indolent Bastard posted:

The barcode tattoo one is ultra stdh. You scanned a tattoo of a bar code in a book store and it rang up as a bag of Cheetos? Why does your bookstore have the sku for Cheetos?

Who makes up all these fake stories and for what reason?

I think the barcode tattoo ringing up as something funny has hit full on urban legend at this point. That dumb tattoo idea is so common that I knew a few people with bar code tattoos when I was younger and all of them had some variation of this story, plus I heard plenty of "friend of a friends" of the same story as well.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When I was at Disneyland, Winnie the Pooh grabbed my wrists after noticing my attention scars and he told me to poo poo or get off the pot.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think a bunch of emo teens were doing it circa 2004 and tumblrs still do it because they are super lame and uncool. If you think about it scratching your wrists with a safety pin or razor for attention has to be just about the dumbest trend mankind has ever come up with.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just wanted to show the world that inside my head is a nu metal song via 1999.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ban creative writing classes

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pththya-lyi posted:

STDH: A conversation about trigger warnings was productive

Here, have some content:

E: There's a store called "Scheels" in St. Cloud, Minnesota, a city where a lot of Somali immigrants live.

Christian persecution stories are some of my favorite stdh. The gall it takes to act like you are being persecuted in a country where you get to be the moral majority and persecute others is amazing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have no goddamn idea what a troper is after seeing it brought up on here for like a decade. I've looked it up in the past, and apparently it's people who talk about tv shows, but actually tell random made up stories about poo poo that happened in 8th grade in third person.

No one has to explain it to me. I'm comfortable in the dark on this one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

but that guy was expelled twice for selling drugs in the middle of class.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

God bless internet STDH stories for keeping the beloved magic negro archetype alive. Also Hollywood.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Then this BLACK guy walked in and was like "cho foo you I be straight blingy yo holla" and started jumping around like a gorilla, and all I could think was oh god please don't rob me or shoot me and I poo poo my pants and started crying. Then he reached into his backpack and pulled out the same hitsune miku squishy boob mouse pad that I was using and I realized that we were kindred spirits. I guess what I am saying is don't be racist guys. One love!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

I would give anything to hear more dramatic readings of these troper tales

I'd like to see them acted out drunk history style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That doesn't sound untrue but I have no idea why they decided to type it out.

Retail workers really like to loving whine on the internet. Service industry too. Every time one of them gets stuck in some mildly undesirable situation it's like they just got black lung from working in the coal mines or some poo poo and have to write an expose about it.

• Locked thread