Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Mister Adequate posted:

We say "PEE-do-file". Americans say "Pedd-o-phile."
Technically it *is* pronounced "PEE-do-file," no matter where you're from. Consider "pediatrics," "pediatrician," and "pedophagic". "PED-o" usually refers to feet: "pedometer," "pedal," "quadruped". :eng101:

Here, have a weird old Marmite ad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

EKDS5k posted:

And step 1 is "draw a dick-looking thing'."
The nose is also described as "panty-shaped".

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Japan seems to have switched over to digital price displays in a lot of (larger) supermarkets.

Nice handwritten approximation of LCD numbers on the bottom signs there.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

Not exactly. If you look closly at the one on the right, you can see that it's a group of 4 digital style 8s that were printed on the sheet. You use something white to color over the parts you don't need for the numbers you want. I've seen signing like that in various stores here in the US.
They must have been printed pretty sloppily for the number lines to look so uneven.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Rapman the Cook posted:

And, according to IMDB, people are employing him again for some horrid reason.
He was actually pretty good in Blue Jasmine. Kind of made you forget what a horrible person he was the first time you heard about him.

Have a different kind of dice to take your mind off that one:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Hummingbirds posted:

Jon Hamm at Madame Tussauds.

This is my favorite one:

I love when he lets his goofiness show. :allears:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

cheerfullydrab posted:

I like the ketchup chips on the table.
And the Canada Dry.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

This was done better (and in a less sexist way) in the PYF Hilarious Joke to Tell thread with the setup "Why are teenagers so odd?"

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Yuri is actually a Russian male name.
And a Japanese female name. (And a Japanese term for lesbian-themed manga and anime.)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

RabbitWizard posted:

I just can't figure it out.
Nezeril is a decongestant.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

lord funk posted:

Yeah actually that cover owns.
If Penguin is rereleasing a bunch of classics with this kind of cover, I may need to add to my library. I bought three of the Harry Potter books in a slick black "for grownups" jacket in New Zealand, but never found the rest. :(

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Wait: so the discovery of Mentos reacting with Diet Coke won its researchers the Nobel Prize?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

You'd think they'd know to bury that kind of juicy infaux. As it stands now, shrewder readers wouldn't get two sentences in before dismissing the whole thing as bollocks.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

"The ALS" makes me think whoever made that image is under the impression that ALS is an organization like "the ACLU" or "the UN".

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

It's not funny, but it also might not be entirely real. If that helps.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

Garfield as...a leering, stripping banana?

Someone go warm up the Enola Gay.
Amazingly enough, it's not from Japan. The text on the box is Traditional Chinese (used in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau), the text in the caption is Simplified Chinese (used in mainland China and Singapore). Better get 'em all, just to be safe.

e: I take that back--there's a Japanese-only character on the box, but some of the other characters on there are not Japanese. Might be China-made for Japan? aaaanyway

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Sharpe posted:

Yeah, these are incredible. His Hemingway is amazing.
I could have gone my whole life without seeing his bare rear end, though.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Liar. <:mad:>

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

It's called "Devil's Night" in Detroit, which is a very specific regional thing.
Until they started calling it "Angel's Night" in the hopes of making people stop setting fire to things. It actually worked! (Of course, the roving squads of volunteers out to stop those up to no good helped.)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Memento posted:

That's because it's a fake, I think it was made for The Daily Show.
It does come in Original, Blueberry, Apple Cinnamon, and Very Berry, however. (The pancake part, not the sausage.)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Zopotantor posted:

A dick and a ... politician.
Whose maiden name happens to be Dill.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Hockles posted:

:lost: numbers?
:lost: dog.

Where's the flyer for WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Davfff posted:

i knew it was bad, but the damage that anonymous have done is quite astonishing.
Starting with those masks. Jesus Christ, what cut-rate factory is turning out those deformed monstrosities?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

poo poo, it does that here in Southeast Michigan. We call 'em sunshowers.
That's just because we have so many Florida snowbirds here. Coupla sunshowers stow away in some luggage, next thing you know the place is lousy with 'em.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Why do so many of those women look related? :raise:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

mrEkli posted:

That last line in the photo caption is killin' me.
You and 27 to 500 others (estimates vary)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Len posted:

I love they fuzzed out the number but left the area code.
And the address.

• Locked thread