Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

SaltLick posted:

A mini reunion with some college friends this weekend and this will get us properly lubricated.

Just remember to use protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hellbeard posted:

Got these off of eBay:

Bushnell 7-15x35 insta-focus.
The photograph is ironically out of focus but the view in these is super great and I love the zoom function. The versatility is really cool. They got some wear on them but they work fine and weren't very expensive.

Heh, my father has those binoculars, I didn't know they were sought out at all.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dick Boat posted:

Perturbator - Dangerous Days vinyl (Black)
Bartkira because someone posted it in this thread earlier and I knew I had to have to it.
Boris - Noise vinyl

Responsible adult spending.

I've seen people posting that Bartkira thing a bunch of times here now. How do you read that in a non-book form? It seems to be on Tumblr but I guess I'm an old man who doesn't understand how to use it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ema Nymton posted:

:supaburn:

PM me if you're going to be there.

Sorry, I don't think anyone wants to be your guardian.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

the kawaiiest posted:

$38 with free shipping.

Still can't believe I got it so cheap.

Not an empty quote, I just copied you on buying this. Hands down the cheapest (I've seen it). Tax pushed it over $40 though.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

All Uncanny X-Men issues but 2. 126 comics for about $54 bucks figuring taxes and replacement bags. Doing some rough math at an average of $4 an issue, that was 90% off. My local comic shop has a "fill a box" deal for $45, so I might go back and buy a second box.

I will now accept all your wedgies.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Flaggy posted:

Whats your local comic book shop, I want to come do that.

I'm in CT, so chances are my LCBS isn't your LCBS.
( https://www.facebook.com/AHerosLegacyComicsCollectibles )

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Oh poo poo, I should check em out. I used to go to Fables in Southington until they closed. :(

Hell yeah, we probably crossed paths a few times then. I also shopped there until they closed. I then shopped at Eye Opener in Newington until I moved to Manchester. A Hero's Legacy does some kind of sale every other weekend, but this weekend's sale was insane. I almost went back for a second box of comics today.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

No idea. As I said I moved to Manchester so I'm not in that area anymore.

(It's too bad the CT thread in LAN closed due to inactivity.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh, you know the lyrics already.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I, too, just ordered the grey iPhone. I went for the 128 gig version as I have a lot of music. It was $399 on the two year contract with AT&T. They had a next plan, which turned out to be a ripoff. Basically you pay for the phone over time instead of up front. But it was $36 for 2 years, so $36 x 24 = $864.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

RCarr posted:

Oh cool, cartoon pedophilia!

It's called "anime".

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I have no shame in this.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Same here. I didn't go for it last year and regret it. I hope they do another "YOUR NAME" card.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just picked up Pacific Rim bluray from Amazon, as it was $4. I've never even seen the movie, but that's less than half the price of a movie ticket. I'd link it, but it was a flash that had 15 minutes left at the time.

Also Goat Simulator for $4.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Same, but my roommate and I went in together for that crazy 31 disk edition for a mutual friend.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

-CHA posted:

:dance: :dance: :dance:
Just got two tickets to see Polaris in Boston. Best $40 ever spent. Now for the wait until April.

As seen on a show that ended almost 2 decades ago? Really? That's something to brag about?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

~~90's kids~~

I'm from '83 and watched Pete and Pete. But the only thing I remember from it now is ARTIE, THE STRONGEST MAN, IN THE WORLD. Because the show ended in '96.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Okay, here's a question related to CAH I never knew where to ask before. How the gently caress does everyone shuffle the thousands of cards they have? Do you just cut the deck and pass them around for everyone to shuffle? Shuffling machines are only good for like 200 cards at a time or so.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rumda posted:

Its an awful game and doesn't deserve to be even a tenth as popular as it is.

Thanks for answering my question!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

colas posted:

POST PURCHASES.

I got Ghost in the Shell because I really just wanna hear the soundtrack again. I got AKIRA because hopefully it has the right voices, not the bullshit ones on my dvd copy. And they're a buck so whatever.

I got the bluray for Christmas, and it has an option for both audio tracks. I also kept my VHS copy around because I liked the voices of the children from the old dub better than the new ones for the DVD.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is that a pube on those bottles?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

CAH is really good at knowing when I have a party where I've been asked to bring my cards with me.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

larchesdanrew posted:

I unashamedly wait all year for these

I just bought a 12 pack of these last night.

I don't drink beer often, but this is a staple during summer.

Yeah, same here. As soon as I saw this on the shelf it went into my shopping cart without a question asked to myself.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

obsolete absolution posted:

This is good, but you should definitely try making your own!

One part to one part

I keep a pitcher out at summer get-togethers, and it's always more popular than any pre-made. Plus, cold shandy is great, room temperature shandy is even better, so you can just set yourself up with glasses and pitchers on the back porch and drink the afternoon away, no need to keep going to the fridge/cooler.

Keeping the party going into the night?

+

I've gotta run to the store.

Specifically those beers, or any wheat beer/brown ale? I know nothing about mixing drinks.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Because gently caress cable.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Nope, went through all the steps without a problem about ten minutes before I posted that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Up in Mansfield, MA on August 7th. I'm so stoaked for this. Third time seeing Deftones, first time for Incubus and DFA1979.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

To be fair, they release a new DS every other year.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

For the feet.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Websites that cover the screen with a mailing list sign up page: "I hate you".

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Tulip Candy posted:

I've been spending a lot of my "essentials" budget in the "neat, comics!" budget. No regrets yet.

You're going to be like me and regret that you pick up the trades, and you're going to be behind on the montly releases. (I can't wait for volume 5 to come out, but I can't start buying it month-to-month now! I bought it in one format and my OCD won't let me switch now!)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My comic shop had this sitting in a display case, and I couldn't pass it up.

I'm super loving geeking out right now.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I got it for $90, they had it listed at $100, which is about what it goes for on eBay.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

I was obliged to sell my comic collection at a fire sale price a long time ago, all comics I purchased new for my own enjoyment and X-Men were my favorite title. For all I know that's mine! :argh:

Are you in CT? Because otherwise, I think other people own the comic too.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Speaking of which, which comic shop in CT you go to? I just moved back to Central CT.

I'm in Manchester, and go to A Hero's Legacy. It's one of my favorite stores I've shopped at since I picked up the hobby and moved across the state. If you follow them on Facebook/Twitter, they have sales every weekend. Last weekend it was 55% off back issues. Every few months they do a monster sale where you can fill a box for about $50.

If you're more closer to the Hartford/Newington area, then I would suggest Eye Opener as a nice shop (although small).

Dick Trauma posted:

I actually live in your neighborhood and am right now watching you read that comic book.

Don't turn the pages so quickly. I'm a slow reader.

:ninja:

I'm still at work, so now I'm wondering who's in my bushes outside my house, and who's inside my house.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ahh, kk. I'm down rt 9 from Newington so I'll check them out.

When I lived in Southington I used to go to Fables before they closed down. :(

Hell yeah, I remember going there the week before they closed, just after they started carrying comic books again. That's the one that I have tied with A Hero's Legacy as one of my favorite stores. That was a fun store, but AHL has better sales and more stuff going on. Eye Opener used to be on the way to work before I moved, and they'll go out of their ways to try to fulfill orders in case they miss something. But they don't have as much of a back issue selection.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

rockcity posted:

I bought tickets for the seven film marathon going on in my city. 4am-8pm. Going to be a looong day.

You could always skip out on 6 hours of it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

Found here, because there was a Facebook ad promo code that literally dropped it to $1 with prime shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FMJDJ5C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Can you share that code?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I got some packages in today, and made some other purchases.

Amazon lightning deal for $53.

They snuck this in the box with the above, and gave me a $5 refund. $23.

Got this with the slipcase from the Kickstarter campaign. $65.
(Book is loving huge!)

Ordered today:

Amazon had a deal for a few XBOne deals with a free game, so I picked this one. $425.

And 13 comic books as today's the day they come out. $52.

So I'm just waiting for my credit card company to call me up and call me irresponsible.