Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

AnimalChin posted:

Also awkward sweaty anime goons making fun of a guy in suit.

I bought the best ball point pens.

And these shirts because I dress like a mechanic auto technician.

Haha whoa dude, you don't get to make fun of someone for buying a weird-fitting suit and then post that you bought a single ballpoint pen for $5, a monochrome bowling shirt and a loving pipe. Show some self awareness man, you're one left turn from posting pics of your sweet new vape rig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

the black husserl posted:

I bought a print of this image from the artist to put on my desk at work

this owns, mushbuh owns

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

The Chuck Taylor II's I got on the Converse Black Friday sale just arrived. My first fresh pair of Chucks since like 2004. These are incredibly comfortable, they have a cushy insole, a nice lining and a padded tongue, plus a nice minimal look that's much more modern than the old ones. I'm flatfooted and I do love my Onitsuka Tigers but the arches in those shoes murder me. Chucks give me the support I need -- absolutely none.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

1redflag posted:

I know Chuck Taylor sizing is its own beast, but are the Chuck II's sizing the same as regular Chucks?

I'll reiterate that these are my first pair since middle school, but I always wear a size 10 and these size 10s fit perfectly, albeit a little narrow in the toebox.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Pull up, thread, pull up!

I bought my first new phone in three and a half years yesterday. iPhone 6s, 64GB, space gray. "Midnight Blue" (kinda purple) silicone case. Apple does free next-day delivery for iPhones for some loving reason, and I missed the delivery today because I didn't happen to be standing in my kitchen by the fire escape door at 9:48am when the UPS guy came to give me a door tag and not knock or anything. I only was able to get my phone today because I was driving to get a haircut and happened to pass a UPS truck. Stopped and asked him if he had my package and he handed it over after I showed ID. This is the second time I've had to find a UPS driver out in the wild to get my package. UPS in Richmond, VA is hot loving garbage.

This was better than when I bought my last iPhone and it got stolen off the UPS truck, but not by much.

Anyway, phone's great. Recommend it.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Overall you did well. Wish I had the money to thrown down on stocking my bar like that. Next time you're out I recommend grabbing some absinthe (not Pernod, real absinthe) and some Green Chartreuse if you can find it. Integral components in some of my favorite drinks (Corpse Revivers, Last Words, Sazeracs).

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Toast Museum posted:

Funny you should mention absinthe and Chartreuse; I had my eye on both, specifically to try Sazeracs and Last Words, respectively. The Corpse Reviver looks like it should be be right up my alley, so I'll definitely be giving that a shot as well. Do you have a go-to absinthe brand? Pernod apparently resumed making actual absinthe, but it doesn't seem any better-reviewed than the other options at the store around the corner from me.

Regular ol' Absente works perfectly well, and can be had in smaller bottles. I recommend finding a small spray bottle of the size that would be used for perfume samples and using that to rinse glasses with absinthe for Sazeracs. Also a delightful thing to do with a Negroni if you're up for experimenting.

I meant to mention it earlier but when you do get rum you should definitely get both light and dark. For dark I absolutely second whoever else recommended Flor de Caña a moment ago; their 12 year is phenomenal, especially for the price. Absolutely delicious in an Old Fashioned -- sub the orange peel with a grapefruit peel and you have one of my all-time favorite drinks.

As far as light rum goes, I am admittedly much less knowledgeable. A bottle of Cruzan can be had for very little, and works just fine in Daiquiris and Planter's Punches (the latter is a great excuse to get into making homemade grenadine.)

And visit the Cocktails Thread over in Something Offal, there are a lot of really knowledgeable people who could probably answer any further questions of yours far more authoritatively than I could.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

chicagobutters posted:

I'm a very confused cowboy lost yankee. Boulet Boots and Glock 19, tried to make it blurry for y'all.

So am I the only one who read "Boulet boots" and immediately heard Lady Marmalade playing in their head?

BOULET BOOTS COUCHEZ AVEC MOI CE SOIR

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Man, as a bartender like one in three people who order a drink with Bulleit Rye immediately turn to their friends and go "have you heard of Bulleit Rye? It's so good, it's all I drink." and then I ask if they've tried some of our other more interesting rye whiskies and am met with a blank expression and no interest in trying, say, the Catoctin Creek that was aged in maple syrup barrels. Bulleit Rye is the whiskey of those who have developed a palate well enough to lord it over others, yet do not have the curiosity to explore farther. Rittenhouse is the superior rye.

Today I bought a new curtain and some limes that I just juiced and made a lime collins with. It's nice.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

VendaGoat posted:

You haven't lived until you've had a "Bar Shot", where they just pour the overflow mat into a glass.

I've only ever heard that referred to as a Jersey Turnpike.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

The Sexual Shiite posted:

I bought more 22 shorts for my Winchester. Also, makers mark, and cough syrup.

This is the type of post that gets you on a watchlist, man.

Today I bought dinner for my girlfriend and I at a new restaurant nearby. My duck breast was overcooked, but the bartender was great. Gonna go back there when they're less busy.

And I'm considering a new chair for my Posting Station. Currently I'm thinking about this. Trying to stay sub-$100. Any tips? Please don't tell me about how I should save my money and spend $400 on whatever hyperergonomic bullshit. It is just a loving chair.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Mu Zeta posted:

Can't you just use a rolling pin

It's less efficient/satisfying. And with the textured face of the mallet you can create small perforations in the meat, allowing any breading or coating to stick better.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

We Know Catheters posted:

I got a new shirt

HAIL ODERUS! I'm in Richmond, I was actually at GWARbar earlier tonight. Their nachos are killer. Friend of mine recorded an album at Oderus's home studio. I've never been into their music but the dudes are/were all great people.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I also got some shoes. My Onitsuka Tigers are (finally) wearing out after more than four years and I couldn't find another colorway of those that I liked so I'm switching allegiances for now.

Also got some work shoes (bartending), which are even less glamorous.

And a fresh pair of 511s in the "Rigid Dragon" colorway, which is up for grabs as a name for your dick, if you need one.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Thanks so much for sharing that, y'all. I just a couple months ago got my PC I built like four years ago up and running and it's still running 7. I thought the window to upgrade to 10 was long ago, I really appreciate you cluing me in. For anyone in my situation, you can find the link here.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Honestly if you hadn't already switched to Uniqlo for your basics before AA folded you're behind the curve. Cheaper and better-made, plus you're not supporting awful people.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

cyberia posted:

Read that as 'The Total Dad Gaming Experience' and was very confused.

There really isn't a functional difference.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
See, he didn't mention that he has the taste of a 12-year-old.

Anyway, Everclearchat: I heard once that Everclear hurts so bad when you drink it straight because it's evaporating the water on the surface of your esophagus. Is that true?

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

evobatman posted:

I don't really care about the music as much as I care about the equipment I go through

...We just gonna let this go by? Dude's an audio equipment geek but doesn't care about what he listens to?

Now that I'm thinking about it, that's pretty par for the course for audiophiles in my experience. They all listen to like, Steely Dan and poo poo.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Are you guys gonna be growing weed or loving children in there?

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

why is that called Keep rear end

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
A new owner arrived for a one-way drive,
and the rest of the thread can just suck it!

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I mean if your idea of a good-looking butt is "goes halfway up their back and is so flat you could serve tea on it" then yeah, high-waisted jeans are the poo poo.

Anyway my girlfriend and I bought a Switch as well as Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey a week before she left for a month so the Switch is my new girlfriend now. Also gonna buy a weed vape so I can live the true bachelor lifestyle.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

rockcity posted:

I was almost killed by lighting at the Grand Canyon. I wanted no part of remembering that visit.

did a lamp almost fall on you or something

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

strap on revenge posted:

new shirt for hiking

with a collar, just in case a job interview breaks out

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Slam ice picks at the pickle barrel when you go to the noogs

what could this possibly mean

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

LadyPictureShow posted:

A pair of purple Tims from the outlet store!

Leave the ice cream charm on there or you're a coward.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Bruh. Three pairs of extremely dadly jeans, white socks, Carhartt boots with black rubber trim, and (assuming you're sitting on an additional one) three office chairs. You're like, the president of dads. Dad Lord.

am I like, obligated to tell you what my thermostat's set at right now

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Basically all recorded music you’ve ever heard that used actual instruments was recorded by putting mics in front of speakers. Recording the sound as created by speakers pushing air in a room generally feels more “natural” and “alive” to the human ear.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Glenrothes Halloween Edition whisky

So it's... haunted?

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I fail to understand how that would appropriately fit and constrict one's dick and balls. Maybe that's why you need three of them.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Run the Jewels is music for people who say "nifty"

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
RTJ is fine. A lot of internet dorks like it. That's all.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

ReidRansom posted:

And an aqua sky 5 quart Kitchenaid mixer, on sale at Williams Sonoma

I bought one from there in May and I got an email a couple weeks ago saying it's backordered til August. I don't know how the hell they sold you one -- on sale, even! -- but don't expect it for several months.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

H110Hawk posted:

x6.

We're down to 1.75 bottles from a few weeks ago. They have been out of stock for months and I have been craving a good margarita. This stuff is amazing.

You know you can just juice some limes and make some simple syrup, right?

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Wow I threw this thread into a fuckin tailspin. My home marg has triple sec (Cointreau is too expensive, Clement Creole Shrubb owns), a bit of simple syrup, is uncircumcised and tips generously.

I bought a car this week, which is huge for us. Previous ride was my fiance's 2008 PT Cruiser, so this 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring is a pretty steep upgrade. Bluetooth, blind spot sensors, functional air conditioning, the works. I've been driving hand-me-downs and various other pieces of poo poo my whole life, and buying a good car has been something I've wished for every day for years. One time a car I was driving caught on fire.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

mcbexx posted:

It's so cool to go pooping

I just want to preserve this from the previous page as one of the most incidentally funny combinations of words I have ever read in my life.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
yeah the problem with this website is its users don't spend enough money on interesting-enough material goods, you really hit it on the head there

Anyway we went to H Mart yesterday and we really went nuts. Sansho pepper, fresh noodles, bonito flakes, a kilo bag of panko, hella Kit-Kats. Bottle of Korean black sugar syrup for coffee that has both corn syrup and sucralose for some loving reason. I like to go there every month or so both to re-up on my soy sauce, kewpie mayo, etc. and to just knock out a month's worth of impulse purchases. Just wandering around grabbing things. Big pack of frozen udon. Way too much cheap bok choy. New kind of furikake.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

OSU_Matthew posted:

I also thought one of the issues with drip coffee makers was the heater element, makes the pot too hot and breaks down the caffeine and other compounds contributing to the bitter taste.

This sounded weird so I looked it up. Caffeine denatures around 460F, which is the high end of roasting temperatures (which is why super dark roasts have less caffeine), but if your brewer is getting that hot you should stop using a wok burner to make coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Slimy Hog posted:

Nah, I'll shop shame that racist all day.

You gotta at least try to back it up if you're gonna fire from the hip like that.