Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

H110Hawk posted:

This looks cool. When my sandisk mp3 player croaks I might get one. Where did you buy this?

I got mine from eBay but you can get them on Amazon if you're in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I'm starting my Christmas shopping early so I don't have to worry about it in December.

CDs for a friend who is obsessed with Nine Inch Nails:

Some figurines for a friend who loves rottweilers and sharks:

A set of micron pens for my girlfriend:

And some books for myself:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Jacket chat: I bought a denim vest so I've got something to wear in summer when it's too warm to wear a proper jacket. I'm looking forward to putting patches and studs on it as I haven't made a battle jacket in, like, ten years.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

ChocNitty posted:

Versace Blue Jeans Man cologne, it's been my favorite fragrance since I first tried it in 1998.

:hfive:

I've been using Blue Jeans for maybe 15 years and still love the smell. Although these days I also keep a bottle of Hermes Terre for when I want to be a bit more fancy :wotwot:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Glottis posted:

I was under the impression that the pointless and arbitrary "don't be that guy who wears the band shirt of the band that's playing" rule had an exemption for a shirt you purchased at that very show, even among people that stick with the rule.

No, that is the rule. Don't buy a shirt at the show and put it on, you look like a twat. It's okay to wear a shirt of the band you're seeing if it's an old tour shirt because that shows your commitment as a fan.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Aramek posted:

Buy thrift store chairs, because those are, like, 15 bucks, tops.

mobby_6kl posted:

I found my current chair next to the dumpster on my street :shrug:

Congratulations on your bedbugs.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

redbubble.com trip report: Took over two weeks to ship from different European vendor's to Germany (Swiss, Finland and a third country actually). Shirts are flimsy with a not-so-high quality print. They smelled awful (but maybe that's normal, I don't know) and the cotton does not feel very nice. Stickers all have a white border (that was expected though) and are okay. Black is a dark grey though and there's lots of dithering. The one cup I ordered was fine. Nice blacks and nice print, if you can call it that. All in all it was not awful, but I am not excited about them either. Certainly not better than the next cornerstone printshop.
The one threadless shirt I ordered years ago had a much better quality (cotton & print).

FWIW, I've always had good experiences ordering stuff from Redbubble in :australia: Maybe they have different printing facilities or something? The shirts I get (black unisex t-shirt) are super comfortable and hold up to being washed just fine. Print quality is good on the shirts and the stickers and art prints I've ordered in the past have all looked great. I don't think the stickers all had white borders either.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

PCOS Bill posted:

I've been using the dice from this for the last 16 years

Read that as 'The Total Dad Gaming Experience' and was very confused.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Well my knife arrived:

Joining in on knife-chat, I got this in the mail yesterday:

5 bucks from AliExpress :ese:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

SpartanIV posted:

I bought a sofa for my apartment that I'm finally starting to furnish proper. Next up are some side tables and curtains.

Knoll Salsa Settee for those interested

I respect the 'expensive doctor's waiting room' aesthetic you've got going on but how can you chill out with a sofa like that? Sofa's should be big enough that you can lie down or slouch on them and get comfortable when you're deep into a Netflix binge. That thing looks like what you sit on when you're awkwardly waiting for your prom date to come downstairs while her parents make small talk with you.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Cross-posting from the Ali Express thread in GBS, I got this patch:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mot...2677398391.html

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

That'll be a hell of a show. I've seen them play separately and both shows were incredible. Jerry Only has awesome stage presence.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
A pair of Flare Audio 'Isolate' earplugs to wear when I go to concerts and raves:

A new pair of Lonsdale gym shorts:

My black Friday shopping was definitely not as exciting as it has been in the past.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I bought my first new pair of sneakers in way too long. Nike Air Max 720s in the iridescent mesh colourway

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Etrips posted:

Is threadless still the place to get printed tees from?

I'm a big fan of redbubble. There shirts are soft and survive repeated washings. There's normally a 20% off coupon floating around if you look for it, too.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Inzombiac posted:

I hate to be that guy but RedBubble has a nasty habit of allowing sellers to use otherwise copyrighted material.

Like someone will pull stuff from amateur artists online and sell their art on a shirt. Of course the artist never sees a dime.

Oh yeah, it's bootleg af so buyer beware and try not to support people who rip off the little guys but it's also good for merch from brands that would never make their own merch.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
A new Macbook :toot: I've had my current one since 2008 and I'm very excited to be able to do things without my laptop constantly lagging and crashing.

A new storage system to backup 15 years worth of photos, music, etc, and act as a Plex server so I can stream stuff to my TV

And a Google Chromecast Ultra

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Tim Whatley posted:

Tickets to this in Boston. I've stayed clear of concerts for a few years because I'm losing my hearing for a variety of reasons (largely due to dozens of these concerts) but House of Blues Boston is probably the sickest venue in New England and this will be a nice throwback double header. I guess I should also research concert earplugs..

I've been using Flare Audio Isolate ear plugs for the last couple of years whenever I go to a gig or club and they work great and are super comfortable.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

djfooboo posted:

Who is your Lepin dealer? I have been wary of the Ali express stuff since I’ve never done it.

AliExpress is the biggest retailer in the world and has great customer protection. As long as you order from a listing that has plenty of previous sales and reviews you'll be fine. If your item doesn't arrive or is significantly different from what you ordered you can file a dispute and get a refund.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Pick posted:

my friend have you seen the GBS aliexpress thread? it's a good place

I got a couple of hydroflasks that were recommended in the AliExpress thread and they're great. Best water bottles I've ever had.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Bottom Liner posted:

Links? (to the bottles and thread) I need some cheap ones for biking that will hold ice in 100+ heat and don't want to scratch up my actual Hydroflasks

This is the thread, I can't find the exact post about the hydroflasks but this is the Aliexpress listing I bought them from. I got a 32oz and a 40oz flask in December and have been using them both daily. They'll keep water cold all day without a problem and look identical to a genuine flask.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Trabant posted:

Pick's badges (?) reminded me: does anyone have a go-to store for weird iron-on patches? Or stuff like those psychotic military mission/unit patches:

I got some weird police patches from eBay. If you search the name of the patch or reverse image search it you'll probably find an eBay store with a bunch of cool stuff.

Edit: don't know if it's the same store but this eBay seller has a ton of good patches - https://www.ebay.com.au/str/patchwiz

cyberia has a new favorite as of 08:15 on May 9, 2020

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Captain Lavender posted:

Anyone ever buy from Ali Express? I found a bunch of stuff that I thought would make great, cheap xmas novelty gifts. I've never bought there before, got stuck at a security screen when trying to pay, and now I'm getting this security error, and they want copies of my driver's license, and like a bank statement.

I don't know how I messed up so bad, is that common? I don't feel moved to give that stuff to that site, but idk - are they reputable as a safe vendor? Guess I could just go to ebay instead.

Check out the AliExpress thread in GBS. You shouldn't need to provide all that id stuff, try making an account in the phone app or an incognito browser window.

Most stuff is legit but you get what you pay for quality-wise and shipping can take anything from 2 weeks to a year depending on the alignment of the stars and planets and the whims of the gods.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
A lightweight bamboo quilt and some pima cotton sheets

I've always been a very light sleeper and never really feel properly rested. I'd sleep 4-5 hours and get up at 3am because I just couldn't sleep any more. I was buying some new sheets and on a whim I added a new quilt to my order. I chose lightweight bamboo because it's antimicrobial and moisture-wicking and because I sleep hot. Since getting it I have slept longer and more soundly than I probably ever have. It's light, incredibly soft but very evenly weighted and just feels super comfortable. If I knew the solution to my lifetime of lovely sleep was spending $100 on a new quilt I would have done it a decade ago.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Some patches for a new battle jacket

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

No, Plush in Melbourne Australia. :) It is an extremely comfortable couch.

:hfive: Four month wait buddy. I recently got my Plush couch that I ordered when I moved house in November and goddamn is it great. It's more comfortable than my bed and a huge upgrade from the 'found on the side of the road' couch I've had for the last 10 years.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Megabound posted:

More patches for various things

I have some of those patches in my collection too and a raving grim reaper 'Predatory Drugs' patch on the back of my current battle jacket

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

Anyone in here got recommendations for bedsheet sets? Something on the nicer end in thread count but not as stupid expensive as linen. Crisp, cool, etc.

One of my fitted sheets just decided to rip(???) so I want to upgrade to something not from Target.

I have a few sets of Supima cotton 800 thread-count sheets and they're great. Comfortable, crisp, cool in summer and warm in winter. I'd definitely recommend them.

https://linengallery.com.au/amp/supima-cotton-800tc-queen-bed-size-fitted-sheet/

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

ProperCoochie posted:

Yeah Moka Pot rules but your steps confuse me. How do you get boiling water into the Moka Pot? You pour it down the snout? Are you screwing the top half on while the flame is on?

Pour boiling water into the bottom chamber from a kettle or other secondary water source then put the coffee basket in and screw the top half on?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Bottom Liner posted:

You really need an appropriately sized tv stand. This is a huge male living space vibe. And yes I'm bitter shop shaming you because Sony still hasn't called my number in the PS5 queue.

The Brimnes TV bench from IKEA is a good option. The drawers can hold a ton of DVDs and it doesn't look too cheap or tacky.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Captain Duvel posted:

You have me almost sold on buying a pair. Are these viable for walking every day for work? I go through a pair probably once a year because of how much walking I do

Still probably end up getting a pair for outside work

I've been wearing Nike Run All Day 2's for the last couple of years and they're great for walking. I'll walk 3-4 miles with my dog and have no soreness or issues with my feet and they're good to wear all day or for standing around a lot. I think they're on clearance so if you can't find them the Nike Revolution 5's are comparable. They're cheap enough that I don't feel bad replacing them when the tread wears out which is about every 15 months for me.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I know nothing about hiking / camping so what is the use case for the $700 backpack? Given how many cheaper alternatives people have suggested is it just a high-priced model to sell to people who are willing to pay that much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What will you say when your children ask you why you didn't invest in the Iraqi dinar?