Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

All to attend Distant Worlds in Toronto on December 6th!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Josh Lyman posted:

Why did you get a lovely Express suit when you're getting a nice pair of $365 shoes and $4500 watch? :negative:

I suppose because I don't know anything about suits? And I'm just now discovering the suit thread. Hind sight, I guess, but I like the way way this one looks.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Tenchrono posted:

Another tank for the gym, Never wear sleeves.

I agree 100%, as demonstrated by my poor style choices.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Scarf posted:

Link please?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/eb74/

It probably isn't the best thing to spend my time in the gym wearing, but I like it.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

88h88 posted:

If you've not, check out OPJP on facebook, they import cars and their prices are cheap as hell considering the minters they get in. They can take care of everything for you including any little repairs, MOT, adjusting speedos and adding mods before it gets shipped if you so desire. I'm eyeing up R32s and R34s and they're affordable and it's going to make me do something stupid(ly awesome)

https://www.facebook.com/OPJPN?fref=ts

After driving these things for so long, I'm really not wanting to go back to the US and not be able to import them.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

88h88 posted:

No accounting for taste is there? Haha.

Where are you?

Currently, Japan.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

88h88 posted:

25 year rule, right? That's such loving crap. :/

That's right, and it does suck. I really wanted to bring a couple different vehicles back with me, but no dice.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
Speaking of ugly things people wear, I started buying a new wardrobe because I'm moving somewhere hilariously cold soon.

A good jacket that I can go Do Things in.

Some Merino henley's to wear as undershirts.

Pants. I'm not used to wearing these.

A pair of boots.

A belt to match those boots.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

That jacket would be better with buttons, or just a zipper. Those giant loop things are horrible and I think he should be dragged into the street and beaten to death with big clubs for having those on his jacket.

Aside from that, all the other stuff looks really nice.

People get way too serious about fashion.

Hilariously cold for me is anywhere that isn't in constant summer. I've been told I need to start with as little layering as possible to acclimatize, and frankly I like the jacket.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
New country, new wheels.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
It was high time I got some new gym clothes.

A pretty solid little bag. Holds a change of clothes, hygiene items, a pair of shoes and a shaker with a little room left over.

Shoes, because they don't let me go barefoot in the gym.

Jaybirds BlueBuds X. I haven't had these very long, but so far they're awesome. The sound quality is really solid, balanced, and I haven't had any loss issues with just keeping the phone in my pocket.

Darn Tough socks. These ones are merino, they keep my feet plenty warm and they're super comfortable in the chucks.

Sutra pants. One of the yoga instructors recommended these to me, and while I was unsure at first I'm hooked now. These are absurdly comfortable to lift in.

A bunch of shirts and tanks to wear. I have a huge pile of t-shirts to go through, but these were all fun and super cheap.

Last but not least, great tickets for my wife and I to see TSO next month. Just a great excuse for us to get dressed up and have a night out.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

MA-Horus posted:

I need to know where you got the tanks from.

Need.

Here here and here. Gotta love Amazon credit.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Digital Jedi posted:

Bought a Jiu-Jitsu themed shirt from a goon in the grappling thread.

I might need this in my life. Link to the thread/shop?

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Nur_Neerg posted:

Purchased a night in a ryokan here, with a hot-spring-fed hot tub on our balcony:

Complete with a kaiseki dinner for two:

And a traditional Japanese breakfast for two:

Also used points to book 5 nights in the Hyatt Centric Ginza in Tokyo, 6 nights in a hotel in Kyoto, and roundtrip business class flights on ANA from Seattle.

May can't get here soon enough :)

How'd you find that hot-spring fed tub? I'm super interested in booking a trip.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Nastyman posted:

:spooky: The frames for my prints have arrived! :spooky:

Upscaled original

We ready for Spooktober, baby :skeltal:

Did you have these prints made, or did you grab them from somewhere?

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
I tripped and bought an old car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

namlosh posted:

Nice 944! Is it Turbo?

My dad had a 928s for a while back in the day. I like the old front engine Porsches

It is! It feels like I stole it from the guy for the price I paid, and the condition it's in.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

uhh isn't that car german...

Yes.